PDA

View Full Version : Too lazy to stop gaming to make food?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:45:42 AM
Don't worry! Pizza Hut is now offering a helping hand to all the lazy nerds in the world!

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 19th, 2005, 09:13:30 AM
Wow. That's really sad. Perpetuate the addiction, the lack of true social skills, and reinforce the laziness that has swept millions of people away into complete social immaturity.

Or something like that. Does anyone know if they have rehab for Everquest?

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 19th, 2005, 09:33:22 AM
the elf serving pizza :| the pain...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:52:02 PM
:lol

Finally, a solution to all those Everquest players dying of starvation at their computers!

Kelt Simoson
Feb 19th, 2005, 02:31:44 PM
watch it, watch it...im an EQ2 player :-p

But what a sad idea -_-...

Soolin Anjhurin
Feb 19th, 2005, 02:36:58 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
the elf serving pizza :| the pain...

LMAO :lol

:: hugs for Nav ::

Mandy with an I
Feb 19th, 2005, 10:48:44 PM
You can already order pizza online, this isn't something totally new. It's neat though, in a sad way :lol

Khendon Sevon
Feb 19th, 2005, 11:38:37 PM
oo, I see a huge new market! MMORPG rehab clinics! Eh… wonder if they can be online? Maybe chat based. Would lower overhead.

Jeseth Cloak
Feb 20th, 2005, 02:36:46 AM
Sure, the funny part will be when people go idle at their rehab meeting. Can you Imagine?

EQ2Junkie1: Hey guys, sorry, let me catch up I was a little busy.
EQ2Junkie2: What were you doing?
EQ2Junkie1: Nothing...
EQ2Junkie2: You were playing EQ2, weren't you?
EQ2Junkie1: No... I was um... on the phone with my friend.
EQ2Junkie2: You don't have any real friends...
EQ2Junkie1: Um... sure I do, I talk to them all the time. You know... my real friends, who aren't bots in EQ2.
EQ2Junkie2: You're lying, I just say you run through town!
EQ2Junkie1: What? You're playing too!
EQ2Junkie2: Ok, forget this I'm out of here!

Darth Viscera
Feb 20th, 2005, 08:24:16 PM
I have a situation kinda like that when playing WoW, but more primitive. I have a speakerphone right next to my computer.

*turns desktop speakerphone on, speed dial 1*
PH: hi blah blah pizza hut
me: pizza me
PH: 20 minutes

20 minutes later, pizza transaction completed. I don't trust pizzahut.com because they don't tell you that way if something you're ordering is out of stock.

Alexi Hesith
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:52:07 AM
*face palm*

Oh dear.

*sobs quietly for the decline of civilisation*

Rhea Kaylen
Feb 21st, 2005, 09:57:01 AM
O_O As if gamers weren't lazy enough. This is just gay.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 21st, 2005, 12:58:00 PM
Originally posted by Rhea Kaylen
O_O As if gamers weren't lazy enough. This is just gay.

Bad move...alot of us are gamers here :-p

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:30:30 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson

Not of the morbidly obese, ridiculouly lazy variety, though.

Syriande Blue
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:51:15 PM
true

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:34:35 PM
If it was Papa John's or Little Caesar's it wouldn't be quite as bad (still rather pathetic, mind you), but no. It's Pizza Hut >_<

Yurza Magus
Feb 21st, 2005, 05:49:11 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
If it was Papa John's or Little Caesar's it wouldn't be quite as bad (still rather pathetic, mind you), but no. It's Pizza Hut >_<

Here Here!

Rhea Kaylen
Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:15:59 AM

Hey, don't get me wrong at all--I'm a gamer too (not of the online variety; I mean the platform variety). I meant more what Dasq suggested--and I was also including myself in the "As if gamers..." comment.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:23:27 AM
Yeah, when I get to playing a video game, my work ethic gets shot. I can't seem to get around to doing anything constructive when I really get into a game. I'll even admit that I've skipped meals and lost sleep becuase of video games.

But alas, those days are gone.

Shawn
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:41:37 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
If it was Papa John's or Little Caesar's it wouldn't be quite as bad (still rather pathetic, mind you), but no. It's Pizza Hut >_< Papa John's literally makes me retch. I can't eat it.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:30:09 AM
This is why I abhor online gaming addicts. What a bunch of shut-ins.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:31:37 AM
It makes you sick? Is there something I don't know about how they make pizza or something?

Papa John's made me sick last week, but that was my own fault for eating too much of that cheesy bread and disregarding the whole lactose intolerant thing I have going on :x

Eluna Thals
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:33:11 AM
I prefer Pizza Hut to Papa Johns, but they're both okay for me.

Shawn
Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:48:31 PM
I think it's the sauce. I can't eat unprocessed tomatoes. I'm cool with ketchup and (usually) red sauce, but I can't have tomatoes on a burger, for example. I think their sauce is a little too "fresh" for me. :\

Khendon Sevon
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:09:24 PM
I live in a town with a bunch of Italians next to another town full of italians. We have awesome pizza places. Though, I do order Dominos when I'm in the mood for Dominos. Not when I want pizza, mind you, when I want Dominos. There's a difference.

Eluna Thals
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:38:30 PM
double post

Eluna Thals
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:40:02 PM
Dominos? No thanks. I ate that in college. Since then, I have disposable income, and can order pizza that's actually worth a flip.

There's really only one pizza chain I'd turn myself into a slob over, and that's Godfather's Pizza. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a Godfather's Pizza in my city in 17 years or so :cry

I'd do murders for pies if they ever opened up a franchise here again. Pepperoni, black olives, extra cheese......:love

Of course there's always Little Caesar's too, but the only reason I ever ate there was for slightly-undercooked crazy bread with extra parmesan :D

Pierce Tondry
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:40:35 PM
Originally posted by Eluna Thals
There's really only one pizza chain I'd turn myself into a slob over, and that's Godfather's Pizza. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a Godfather's Pizza in my city in 17 years or so :cry

Oh man, that takes me back. I loved Godfather's Pizza when they used to have a place around here.

I'd do murders for pies if they ever opened up a franchise here again.

/signed

Little Caesar's I'm not fond of. I like the crazy bread, but the pizza is all bread and sauce, not enough of the good stuff. That's one of the reasons I like Pizza Hut and Papa John's. Plus the garlic butter at Papa John's is awesome.

Callomas Savoc
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:47:45 PM
Well yeah. The pizza at LC wasn't stellar. I was purely interested in crazy bread when we went there.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:54:10 PM
I LOVE the peppers Papa John's includes with their pizzas. I'll sit through and suffer happily through them :D

Callomas Savoc
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:00:15 PM
They make your breath all...peppery though >_<

Lady Vader
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:49:46 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Don't worry! Pizza Hut is now offering a helping hand to all the lazy nerds in the world!

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Yeah, and believe it or not, there are many players in WoW that want this feature to. I just say minimize the game for a few seconds to order the pizza 9if you want to order online). Hell, if you're ordering by phone, then keep playing. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:24:28 PM
Hey, we have Godfather's Pizza here in Portland. Come visit!

Kathrine
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:38:23 PM
What is this Godfather's Pizza? I've never heard of it...then again I also never heard of Papa Johns until moving out my hometown ^_^;

Naysheta
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:40:54 PM
This is the future (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-21) of the gaming industry!

AmazonBabe
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:05:29 PM
:lol

Rasha Vill
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:15:08 PM
Originally posted by Naysheta
This is the future (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-21) of the gaming industry!

That is funny... Sad, due to the fact it is not far off, but funny none the less.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:24:21 PM
The future is fat :\

AmazonBabe
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:44:50 PM

OMG... that's EXACTLY what I was thinking last night. O_o

Have you been in my brain again, Kelt? o_O

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:57:13 PM

The future? The present is looking more than a little tubby as it is :mneh the future has suffocated to death under the weight of its gargantuan belly

Rhea Kaylen
Feb 25th, 2005, 06:07:47 PM
Originally posted by Kathrine
What is this Godfather's Pizza? I've never heard of it...then again I also never heard of Papa Johns until moving out my hometown ^_^;

Godfather's is just another pizza chain. Their schtick is, of course, a bit of a "mobster" motif, and their boxes are plain brown w/ a pic of a Mafia man on top. I was not introduced to the chain til I moved to Tennessee, but they're pretty decent. They're supposedly famous for their deep-dish, but only if you want to go swimming in grease. >_< I, for one, would much prefer another chain, because GF's reminds me uncomfortably of Husson's (rubber cheese, anyone?). Domino's rocks, but the sauce is almost nuclear-acidic, so PJ's is a nice in-between. Gino's is good for one reason only--undercooked crust. :)

Charley
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:40:20 PM
Originally posted by Rhea Kaylen
Godfather's is just another pizza chain. Their schtick is, of course, a bit of a "mobster" motif, and their boxes are plain brown w/ a pic of a Mafia man on top. I was not introduced to the chain til I moved to Tennessee, but they're pretty decent. They're supposedly famous for their deep-dish, but only if you want to go swimming in grease. >_< I, for one, would much prefer another chain, because GF's reminds me uncomfortably of Husson's (rubber cheese, anyone?). Domino's rocks, but the sauce is almost nuclear-acidic, so PJ's is a nice in-between. Gino's is good for one reason only--undercooked crust. :)

Whatever. Domino's pizza is a grease cesspit. Their cheese is insubstantial, their toppings are paltry, their crust too dry, and their sauce is nasty.

Papa Johns has some great cheese and toppings, but their crust is even worse and their sauce is waaaay too puckery. Oh, and the garlic butter is really nasty stuff and I can only eat a little on my crust before feeling awful.

Godfather's is easily the best chain pie out there, bar none.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:48:19 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
OMG... that's EXACTLY what I was thinking last night. O_o

Have you been in my brain again, Kelt? o_O

I think we simply think the same, though telepathy is one of my more...potent feats :p

Zasz Grimm
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:24:51 AM
We got a godfathers here in St. Joseph.

It is awesome.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:10:06 PM
In Macon we have a small pizza place called Ingleside Village Pizza which is pretty good. Their slices are huge, and they handtoss their dough. It's pretty fun to watch them sometimes.

I don't know how they compare to Godfather's, but they're much better than any chain pizza restaraunt I've been to.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2005, 01:03:06 PM
The future? The present is looking more than a little tubby as it is :mneh the future has suffocated to death under the weight of its gargantuan belly

Time for s'Il's patented "Houston Borderline Anorexic Weight Loss Program."

One bowl of plain white rice every two days, three beers a night, and a pack a day ^_^;

That pesky weight will be gone by day 4 :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2005, 02:08:06 PM
Flying Pie Pizzaria is the bestest. :D

Morgan Evanar
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:03:46 PM
Local pizza is almost always better. <3 Pizza Kitchen and Casolas

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:12:53 PM
I have eaten Margaritas all over Europe, and I still love Pizza Hut. I go almost every week, actually, so you never know, pretty soon I might be making use of the /pizza command ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:19:18 PM
...don't people usually drink margaritas??

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:39:42 PM
Margarita, marguerita, whatever, Miss Pedantic :p Cheese and tomato pizza.

Shawn
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:16:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/02/28/sony.pizza.order.ap/index.html

They're planning to integrate it with the game further, so it'll just be charged to your monthly bill and (presumably) you won't have to leave the game to place an order. I forsee lots of parents getting upset when they see the $100+ charge on their credit card bill.

Zem Vymes
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:23:15 PM
I did this in college with my student meal plan. It was my "screw it, too lazy for even ramen, time for dominos" fund.

And now I am fat! WOW thats some amazing coincidence.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:52:17 PM
Margarita, marguerita, whatever, Miss Pedantic :p Cheese and tomato pizza.

I have never heard of a pizza being called a margeurita.

Weird.

Zem Vymes
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:56:32 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I have never heard of a pizza being called a margeurita.

Weird.

Margherita, if I recall.

EDIT: Yep.

http://pizzatherapy.com/margherita.htm

Morgan Evanar
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:49:06 AM
Originally posted by Commander Zemil Vymes
I did this in college with my student meal plan. It was my "screw it, too lazy for even ramen, time for dominos" fund.

And now I am fat! WOW thats some amazing coincidence. lol fat lol