PDA

View Full Version : Spin-off Thread - Group RP Ideas.

Sudoku
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:27:18 PM
Since everyone wants to rp with each other, let's start getting some ideas together! Maybe list which characters we'd want to be in the rp, stuff like that.

I know lots of people are busy with other threads and storylines of their own, so maybe we can make a thread in Storytelling, and really just take our time with it. No pressure to finish it (although, it would be extremely cool if we did!).

I'd be willing to join as Kyashi or Trric. Or both. Hell, I might even bring out Dae if an idea gets thrown out that would fit for her. :)

Gash
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:52:05 PM
I'd like to post something besides 'sounds great'. As time permits, I'll join this. We really do have a choice group of writers here at the KA...anything we do, no matter what the characters we use, will be fun.

Han Fernua
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:58:47 PM
But, as LD has pointed out many times, is that the KA is not a IC group. Most, what you would call, members do not know who everyone is. So to say that we just give eachother a call and say lets go do this isn't going to work. But I like the idea. It just needs to be put together correctly.

Personally, if we did anything I would want it to interact with a few other people; not just the KA going and...whatever. I would like to use Han, but he's with Raz on some weird place I dont know so its not like he can just fly himself somewhere.

Sudoku
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:31:47 AM
I didn't mean as the KA, I meant this group of rpers who have characters in the KA (if that makes more sense).

Meaning, we don't have to do something KA related. Each of us has several different characters all in different groups to chose from.

Kyzer Rayne
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:09:04 PM
Sounds like fun. I'd be willing to join in with Kyzer or a few of my other chars (Kyle Krogen, Zereth Lancer, Jezreal Darkshard)

Now, we need a reason why we'd all just be at the same place at the same time... perhaps we just all happen to be in a tavern or something of the like... thats all I can think of at the moment.

Sudoku
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:23:58 PM
Or we'd just have to be on the same planet at the same time.

The only rp I've done that (I think) might be a good example is called "Lake Fever". it started with just two characters following each other (Dae and Diego Van Derveld), and more people just joined in. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:37:31 PM
I'm game for whatever.

Han Fernua
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:48:25 PM
Ok, I get you now. I thought you ment, mostly, you wanted members of the KA to do something, since we haven't really done anything. But if you can get a good idea going, I'll jump in and put my two cents forward.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 17th, 2005, 12:56:21 AM
I'd be happy if anyone went out and did anything (with their KA characters). Not necessarily together, but make it evil with a purpose. :D

Salem Ave
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:43:05 AM
Well, we already have a reason for some of the characters to all be together - given that there is a little Cabal cliqué in the KA.

Redeemer
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:09:34 AM
Sounds good to me. :)

Alf
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:43:53 AM
I'm game! :D

Sudoku
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:14:50 PM
Well, we already have a reason for some of the characters to all be together - given that there is a little Cabal cliqué in the KA.

That's very true. I'd probably rp as Kyashi anyways, since he's more defined (so far) than Trric, and just fun to rp as ^_^;

I'd be happy if anyone went out and did anything (with their KA characters). Not necessarily together, but make it evil with a purpose.

I really like this ^ as an idea. We don't need everyone interacting all together as a huge group - maybe we could have some smaller stories within a thread? And maybe we could work the whole "Imperials-turning-people-against-Force-users" idea in somehow? :/

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:20:27 PM
Well, we want to convey as a board that the tides of the galaxy are turning. I've started a thread in RPing as James Prent where I hope I can show that sentiment on Coruscant is turning slowly against all Force users. Nothing too dramatic.

But on some of the fringe worlds people might LOVE force users... and others might HATE them already. If you could work into your RPs that things are slipping towards being unfriendly towards Force users in the general public, I think that would be fantastic and start pushing the forums in the direction we want to go.

It's already been RPed that a man called Taro Idol is leading a large anti-force group that most likely has followings on at least all the major planets. You could have a tangle with a group of them (think neo-nazis going after someone they hate - you). Sound good? Could be on any planet - but not Coruscant. Too boring - everything happens there. I think an Outer Rim world would work best.

Gash
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:21:01 PM
A thought:

Some of us go after some objective or other that requires they operate in public, and the area is one that dislikes Forcers already, so we have to 'play nice' and not kill everything in sight. That could be fun and very funny if done right.

*shrugs*

Sudoku
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:39:23 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Well, we want to convey as a board that the tides of the galaxy are turning. I've started a thread in RPing as James Prent where I hope I can show that sentiment on Coruscant is turning slowly against all Force users. Nothing too dramatic.

That's where I got the idea ^_^;

I only rp on Coruscant because I don't know much about any of the other planets. :lol So, if anyone has a suggestion for one, I'll go along.

And...I'm really braindead and tired today. We have inventory next week, AND someone is coming to look at our house so my mum can get a loan to help get rid of some of her debt (which would be a huge help).

So, I really don't have any great ideas for any threads. The only ideas I've had recently have been for a Shi'ido character, which I don't think would work here :\

Alf
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:55:31 PM
Hmm...I could bring up an rp that would tie into the one you had me post in...Black Thoughts I think it was. Delievering that message could show something of that. That is if you wouldn't mind.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:04:48 AM
speaking of that message *grumbles* methinks you never checked back to the thread here wit' yer name on it, laddie.

But no worries, what's done is done. But now I have to figure out what LD would want with a 'breeder.'

Han Fernua
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:08:46 AM
Man, I hate only being on at nights. Everyone is on during the day and I miss so much.

But as far as it goes, I am so ready to do something. To expand on your idea, Gash: Not only are you trying to do something without being known as Force-users, but that we get found out someone as being them. But we need a target, one that would further the power or...whatever...of the KA or whatever group we are playing as. Maybe we could be trying to kill the guy, Taro Idol, for all the trouble that he has caused and will cause in the future. Or something along those lines.

Alf
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:23:01 AM
^_^;

oopsie....I just saw that...I coudl edit it now and it would still fit. I was to focused on that thread hoping Naj would do something, but I guess not.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:23:06 AM
well you can't kill him, he's a roleplayed character (Garrett Blade RPs him and is 'supposed' to be coming back), and killing him would also set him up as a martyr and only fan the flames against force users.

However, right now I'd imagine the fear and anger would be greater towards darksiders/rogue/whatever force users than against Jedi. I'd say "Impersonate Jedi to get people to hate them too" but that's so... been done.

However, it would still be fun. But you'd have to do it right.

Or, just do whatever. My thread in RPing is open if you want to see where it takes us (limit - two from here).

Kyzer Rayne
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:37:56 AM
Well, I think we could go after Taro Idol and attempt to kill him. But the lucky monkey lizard gets away from us before we can slice him and then we have to fight our way out of the mess. But that dosn't really help our rep or put someone else's down.

Well. This is all I have at the moment. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:34:42 AM
I take back what I said about my thread being open - I've got my two lucky volunteers. :D

Well, it's still open, but think good and hard about it before you jump in. Too many cooks spoil the broth, etc. :)

Sudoku
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:22:38 PM
The whole Faux Jedi idea has been over done, and probably will be done again and again. We're all creative here! We can think of something!

...maybe. :lol

Gav Mortis
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:36:41 PM
I like the idea of going after Taro Idol. Gav is his behind-the-scenes righthand man, so any attempt on Taro's life by a KA member could end up becomming very interesting.

Han Fernua
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:20:27 AM
What? Why are you helping him? You'd only be making it harder for yourself later. Unles...you have so master mind plan for it all. But I agree: it would be interesting.

And the thing is, we dont have to kill him. Thats not what we all are planning anyway. The whole thing with him, as I understand, is that he is trying to get a registration for all Force users and that it most likely will happen. So then, if we do go after him, and I think it is clear that we would not kill him, that we would only further his goal and give him amunition to rally support for his...proposal. I know, I know, this would not help us out, but it would then make even more things to RP about once it is done.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2005, 01:58:19 AM
Hey Gav - any thoughts on getting Taro Idol himself to help out for an RP or two?

Gav Mortis
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:46:45 PM
If only. Peter is worse than me for being roleplay unreliable and I love that Taro Idol character and that bitch, Taro was as much my character as it was his; I loved that guy and it's all his fault. I'm going to phone him and shout. :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:49:14 PM
Good!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:04:30 PM
Here's one idea:

Take out a Hutt crimeboss on Tatooine by using an EMP to knock out the defenses of his 'palace.' EMP also renders all vaparators in the region useless, and so everyone starts thirsting to death.

Gash
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:40:37 PM
...and one of us also happens to have recently acquired the nearby vaporator shops (my mind is going blank: I KNOW there's a better way to put that)

Han Fernua
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:43:57 AM
What hutt crimeboss, though? And who for what reason? Just to stir things up? That alone sounds fine to me. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:24:46 AM
nah, turning a profit is what crimebosses do. Or, Rivin. Bleugh.

But do whatever you like. :)

Alf
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:28:12 AM
Hm...Rivin or Hutt...Rivin or Hutt...I'm not sure which to choose.

Kyzer Rayne
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:18:56 PM
That is a tuff choice... can we go after both?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2005, 01:58:21 AM
Actually, I've decided the hutt idea is so good i'm going to use it.

but, as far as ideas for RPs go - if you need LD's endorsement, she prefers that we try to impose order on the galaxy. By whatever means necessary. If there are food shortages, kill half the population so that now there is enough food for everyone. If there is crime, get rid of it, but try not to be mistaken for a Jedi. We're not 'do-gooders', we are 'get-it-done-right-the-first-timers."

Han Fernua
Mar 13th, 2005, 01:13:42 AM
Yeah, that sounds about right. And I like the "get-it-done-right-the-first-timers" thing. Can we get a logo with that on it? Anyway, do you have anything planned out that we could go off with this hutt idea?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2005, 03:30:47 AM
yeah, but I'm doing it. I don't think I need anyone for it at this point. I'll let you know :)

Ishan Shade
Mar 14th, 2005, 01:41:40 AM
Hey guys, I know I haven't been around in a while, I apologize. School has been really demanding this semester but I still get on here from time to time and I'm now able to have some time to post. I made a thread in the RP section if anyone wants to join...it's just for fun, and open to anyone.

Hopefully I can become more active around here now. :evil

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38033

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 14th, 2005, 12:59:47 PM
I might join up in that thread, Ishan, if I may? I wanted to RP with you more after the start of that one thread, and the subsequent dying of said thread. ^_^

Ishan Shade
Mar 16th, 2005, 12:29:56 AM
By all means, join in..........we'll see if we can't finish this one....if you have any ideas just PM me.....it's really open so we can do whatever if you got an idea...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2005, 01:50:05 AM
:wave hi Ishan :D

Ishan Shade
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:20:23 AM
hey Lil :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:33:47 PM
Originally posted by Ishan Shade
By all means, join in..........we'll see if we can't finish this one....if you have any ideas just PM me.....it's really open so we can do whatever if you got an idea...

If only my brain was conductive for these idea things. :lol

I'll hop in when I don't have as much schooling to stress over. Until then, feel free to move it along.