PDA

View Full Version : Mods/Elders... I want your OOC opinions

Lady Vader
Feb 15th, 2005, 11:35:33 AM
For those that have access due to their modship status, please check out this thread: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37884

For those that don't, essentially, I want to know what your thoughts are on one of our members: Rasha/Rivin

In past recent events that have transpired, his/her RPing hasn't seemed very "by the rules". Some things that occur seems somewhat fishy.

Some concerns have been brought up in this thread: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37811

I guess I just wanted your input. Am I being unreasonable by thinking these things? Am I being paranoid? Is there nothing to worry about?

I just want to make sure I'm not just making things up.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:55:31 PM
I've been looking for Rivin's training threads for eighteen months, ever since he used Force Lightning on me in a duel. He has yet to have anything to show for the promised training flashbacks other than a very early one that described the very beginning of his career as a Sith and no training whatsoever.

Don't worry; you're far from alone.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:28:03 PM
I've noticed that of late he seems to be flirting more and more closely to godmoding. When he first came to TSO (or returned, however you want to put it) He and Zereth had a Spar and then a rematch. I'd say he stayed far away from godmoding in those times but now he can't seem to go a thread without coming close to godmoding.

I think he's become obsessed with power that his character dosn't have. He may think in his own mind that he should be able to do things (like force lightning) without actualy RPing himself learning it.

This is my opinion on the matter.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:39:41 PM
And mine.

He may think in his own mind that he should be able to do things (like force lightning) without actualy RPing himself learning it.

That would be him.

Southstar
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:03:51 PM
Force Lightning? I doubt that he should be able to do that. I can't do that... yet. I think Rivin is of the era of training missions like Southstar and achieved knight status through such means. Two missions from beginning to end was the rule. My best guess for finding out how he might have qualified for knight level powers would be to find out if he participated in any of those.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:26:39 PM
He didn't. He has no training, anywhere. I've looked.

Southstar
Feb 15th, 2005, 11:27:32 PM
Wow... by that knowledge I'd say we should kick his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

Salem Ave
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:44:25 AM
He may think in his own mind that he should be able to do things (like force lightning) without actualy RPing himself learning it.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32999

Blame Rie :p

Southstar
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:38:00 AM
Ok, so a knight can use weak Force lightning *keeps that in mind.* But in a duel? It's not like there are some intense emotions running there. I'm assuming Je'gan and Rivin weren't planning on killing each other with Vader-esqe hatred. I am only assuming that though. Maybe they were.

Salem Ave
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:26:22 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Knights shouldn't be allowed to use Lightning. I don't care what the games say. It's a skill you should have to spend a lot of time practicing - and would have to be specifically learned from another dark sider.

Or maybe I'm just being old fashioned. Back at TSE, we all had to reach Lord rank before we were taught anything like this. Stuff that you guys are doing now would have been considered Master-grade back then. I guess I am just stuck in the mindset of having one main skill, and focusing on it - rather than racking up some massive array of moves, like you do in the games.

Southstar
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:05:46 AM
I do think that we should move towards that style of system. As far as I know most of us have one major specilization and as with Kathrine and Ida, they've been leaning towards that as well. I'd say Je'gan pretty much lead the way with specialization though. We should take more steps towards encouraging it.

AmazonBabe
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:06:34 PM
Originally posted by Salem Ave
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32999

Blame Rie :p

Hey, I was only going by legit info.

but if it makes you feel better, you can spank me. :p

Well, TSO doesn't have the rank of Lord, so we're left with only 3 ranks. If it's a concensus to add another rank, so be it. I have no prob with that.

As for concentrating on one style, that's also fine. but for those that have already established their characters with an array of various abilities (moi), I'm not about to change that. Besides, LV has been here long enough to have been able to learn all the stuff she knows.

Salem Ave
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:39:45 AM
I wasn't suggesting adding another rank, although that it is a good way of giving clearly defined boundaries for what you can and can't do. Just think we need to make sure that people aren't hurling around lightning or whatever just because they're a Knight.

AmazonBabe
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:43:41 PM
I say we add Lord then.

The lightning thing I should have been more precise with. Lighting is usally learned towards the END of Knighthood. It's one of the things that leads you to Master.

But with Lord in the loop, we can get rid of that vague rule and just say lightining if at Lord only.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:54:01 PM
Sounds like a plan. I've got no objections - and to be totally blunt, I think Southstar deserves that title. From what I've seen, he has the experience and the dedication.

Of course, others may think differently...

Southstar
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:59:48 PM
Hah yeah, I sort of object. I just have this whole problem with his age seemingly spinning out of control. He's getting so old with all these apprentices and whatnot. But I have considered making the move towards masterhood and Force lightning, but keep putting it off for the right moment.

Can we just leave the decision up to me to upgrade myself at a time of my choosing? I just don't like the sound of Lord... it makes me sound like a 15th century nobel of Alcace, France.

Salem Ave
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:23:53 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I say we add Lord then.

The lightning thing I should have been more precise with. Lighting is usally learned towards the END of Knighthood. It's one of the things that leads you to Master.

But with Lord in the loop, we can get rid of that vague rule and just say lightining if at Lord only.

Well Vega has been touting the rank of Lord here since he joined, soooo that's fine by me.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:36:48 PM
I'll type up a little thing on ranks for the database.