PDA

View Full Version : What's it to you?

Kathrine
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:56:49 AM
Kathrine walked down the hall of the Sith order doing cartwheels and backflips with a smile on her face. She wasn't supposed to be doing this and that was what was so funny to her. The fact that she could almost picture Southstar's face if he caught her blatantly breaking the rules of the Order. Especially if she went by his room and made a rucus at this time of night.

Boy would that be funny. It's almost worth any consequences to see the look on his face, she thought. In fact she was subconciously moving that was and would cross his room if it hadn't been for someone walking around a corner and throwing her off balance.

In the middle of a backflip, she noticed someone standing behind her and moving her feet out, Kathrine threw her body even more so that when she landed, she landed on her back. Hard.

"Ouuffff..."

She slowly rolled over on her side and picked herself up. "What was the meaning of that? You blind or something?"

Trric Skyvold
Feb 15th, 2005, 10:13:11 PM
"....No."

Trric Skyvold had only recently arrived at the Sith Order, having been brought here by the Sith Knight Je'gan Olra'en. She had managed (with Je'gans' help, of course) to find some clothing other than hospital scrubs, and was begining to feel a bit more normal. She appeared to be the exact opposite of Kathrine - dressed in frills and lace, hands folded meekly in front of her as she stood in front of the other girl.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?"

Kathrine
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:24:07 AM
Kathrine dusted herself off and stretched her back to crack a few pops.

"Yeah. No thanks to you," she mumbled under her breath. Once she stopped fidgeting she took a closer look at the girl. "Who are you anyways? What are you doing wondering about the Palace halls?"

Trric Skyvold
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:32:05 AM
"Trric. Je'gan brought me here."

She wasn't sure what to do, except stand there. She didn't know any of the other Sith, with the exception of the ones who "kidnapped" her back on Coruscant.

"Who are you?"

Kathrine
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:40:08 AM
She studied the girl for a moment. What did she call herself again? Trric? Well looks better than what I would have pictured for Je'gan. Guess there is hope for him yet.

"Name's Kathrine. Southstar's training me for now," she said slowly walking a circle around the girl. Taking in all her features. Her dress was nice, but too frilly for Kathrine's personal tastes, but it would definitely do if needed. "So you and Je'gan huh?"

Trric Skyvold
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:49:37 AM
"Um...I guess so?"

She wasn't exactly sure what she meant by that. She wasn't about to ask; she wasn't sure who Southstar was either, but the name sounded familar.

"Have you been here long, Kathrine?"

Kathrine
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30:07 AM
"Guess?" She said with a smirk. She looked down and moved her foot looking to see with there were any scuffs on her new boots. When Trric asked her how long she had been here, she looked back up at the girl.

"I'm not really sure...a few months I think. Time kinda just flew by."

A moment of silence passed between the two. "Are you just here with Je'gan as a lover? Or are you here to train as well?"

Trric Skyvold
Feb 16th, 2005, 07:10:34 PM
A look of genuine shock crossed Trrics face, and was quickly replaced with laughter. "Lover?! Me...with Je'gan? You must be joking."

She folded her arms behind her back, starting to walk back down the hall. "He said he could help me get back to where I need to go, so I guess I'm here to train. Do you recieve training from Southstar, or is that something more?"

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:31:08 AM
Now it was her turn to be shocked. "More than training? Never! Training only!"

Trric Skyvold
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:21:35 PM
"Really? Is this Southstar really ugly then?" She glanced over her shoulder with a quirked brow. She continued to wander down the hallway, speaking to Kathrine but not looking at her.

"I mean, speaking as a girl, Je'gan isn't bad to look at. He seems nice enough. The other Sith I met weren't very nice at all."

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:25:14 PM
This made Kathrine stop. She hadn't really thought of Southstar that way, but he wasn't that bad looking. When she talked about Je'gan however she was surprised to find herself agreeing. She hated him, yet here she was saying that yes he was easy on the eyes.

"Well...I don't know. I've only really met Southstar and Je'gan and a few others. They're...not really my type."

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:39:17 PM
A pattern of soft thuds began to be heard, coming from around a nearby corner. Je'gan walked into sight with a thick book in his hands, open, and head buried in it. Between the solemnity of his long black robes, the ostentation of a handful of rings and a pendant - minor Force amulets of a sort, given and giving a trickle of power because of long possession by powerful Forcers - and the incongruity of the massive, leather-bound book, he presented something of a confusing picture to the eye.

He looked up just in time to avoid collision and blinked, startled at being jarred out of reverie.

"Trric," he said warmly, recognizing his newest student. His eyes shifted...

"...and Kathrine," he finished with somewhat less warmth. "Is this a council of war?" Though he was sarcastic, there was an edge to it beyond the normal: Kathrine hated him, and he despised her. If she had been filling Trric's ear with stories about him...

Trric Skyvold
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:51:04 PM
She opened her mouth speak, only to be interrupted by Je'gans' sudden appearance. He was carrying a large book, the title of which Trric could not make out.

She smiled sweetly at him as he spoke her name, but frowned at his mention of a "council of war". "We were just talking about girl things, Je'gan."

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:46:53 PM
"Yeah. Something someone like you wouldn't understand," she replied flustered due to the nature of thier conversation arriving.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:21:01 AM
Je'gan closed the book in a plume of dust, his face a picture of satisfaction. Seeing Kathrine flustered was quite enjoyable. His eyes darted to Trric - for what reason, he wasn't totally sure. Things had changed between them since the first time they'd met, starting off with the hand-holding incident.

"I should hope not," he said. "I'm a straight human male."

Trric Skyvold
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:09:14 PM
Trric giggled, wrapping an arm around Je'gans'. Of all the people she'd met so far, he was the one had all of her trust. He had left her on her own to explore the palace, but she was much happier now that he was back.

"Did you want to come walking with us?" She looked up at him, her smile brightening.

Kathrine
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:55:19 PM
Not lovers? Yeah right, Kathrine thought as she watched the two interact.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:10:54 PM
Almost reflexively, Je'gan leaned in towards Trric. Where and how he could have cultivated such a reflex was a matter more academic than that which he now considered.

"I'd love to," he said, eyes flicking from Trric's face to Kathrine's. The senior Apprentice's mind was suddenly and sharply infiltrated as his voice spoke to her and only to her, in tones so chill that the average Sith would flinch noticeably.

Don't think for an instant that your thoughts are secret.

The telepathic transmission took an eyeblink, no more, as Je'gan looked back down at Trric.

"So," he said, a hair away from playful, as he tucked the book under his other arm. "Where are we bound?"

Kathrine
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:17:24 PM
Kathrine twitched and looked to Je'gan as his voice filled her head. Not like they need to be anyways.

"No where in particular. I was just practicing some acrobatics before she stepped in my way. Though I am a trifle bit hungry."

Trric Skyvold
Feb 18th, 2005, 11:04:27 PM
"Then I guess we can go get something to eat..."

She caught the fleeting glance Je'gan had given Kathrine, and the twitch that followed. She gave Je'gan a look, one that said "What was that for?" as she gave his arm a light squeeze.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 18th, 2005, 11:25:57 PM
His opinion of Trric rose sharply as he realized what she'd just done. Not only could she ignore Kathrine's attitude - a superhuman feat in and of itself - but she was highly attentive. Training her would be a pleasure.

That wasn't his only train of thought, of course. Not nearly. He found himself blushing a bit, and decided to lead the way.

"Something to eat. Sounds like a plan."

After all, the cooks were always on duty.

Kathrine
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:22:25 AM
"Yeah took all night to think of it too," she said sarcastically.

Kathrine rolled her eyes as she watched the two take the lead. This keeps up and I'll be loosing my lunch.

Trric Skyvold
Feb 19th, 2005, 11:54:14 PM
Trric said nothing, still clinging to Je'gan as they walked through the twisting halls of the palace. She had never (or at least, could not remember it) been in a place so big before. It was daunting - how would she remember her way around? She had barely remembered how to walk, or even her own name when she came out of her coma.

She grabbed Je'gans hand, holding it tightly. There were so many things she was still unsure of, but she felt ...calmer being with him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:25:46 PM
His mind felt like it was being drawn towards something, something that illuminated him and felt warm. How very strange. Really, it was. It was acceptance, or at least that was the foundation, and he loved it. He hadn't felt this way since Ceres.

The Sith Knight and Elder thumped his fist on the lintel of the mess hall door with more than his usual vigor, emitting a dull boom that brought a huge man bustling out to stand behind the counter.

"Can I take your orders?"

Kathrine
Feb 21st, 2005, 02:14:04 PM
She looked to the other two. They were looking at the menu, but Kathrine knew what she wanted.

"I'll take some Wastril Bread, Spiced tea, and Air Cake," she called from behind the two love birds. She was unusually impatient and she couldn't tell why.

Trric Skyvold
Feb 21st, 2005, 11:57:30 PM
"Air cake sounds good..."

She was staring hard at the menu, not recognising many of the items on it.

"What are you getting, Je'gan?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:45:39 AM
He shrugged, careful to gesture with the shoulder other than the one off of which she was hanging. "Air cake sounds decent enough," he said. "I'm not really that hungry. Some hot chocolate, too."

It was a rare drink, but popular in certain corners of the galaxy, and Je'gan loved it. He certainly preferred it to alcohol and just about anything else of a liquid variety.

Kathrine
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:05:44 AM
Kathrine rolled her eyes. She didn't really know Trric and she didn't think it had anything to do with her, but Je'gan? For some reason she couldn't stand to see the Sith like this and she couldn't put her finger on why either.

She waited on her food and picked up the tray when it was done. She turned to look and the hall was empty so she went to the nearest seat behind them and sat down.

Trric Skyvold
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:42:53 PM
"That sounds good. I'll have that too, please."

She stood beside Je'gan as they waited for their food, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

"Is hot chocolate really that good? I don't think I've had it before."

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:55:56 PM
OOC/ Sorry, all...I thought I'd already replied to this one.

IC/ "I love it," Je'gan said, shooting a very ominous look over his shoulder at Kathrine. One of these days they were going to meet without Trric being present, and then...

...well, what could he do, really? He couldn't say he was simply showing a new member around the Palace - somehow or other he and Trric had long since passed that point. He couldn't rail on her for disrespect, because she would bring up the very reason for her discontent and their confrontation would turn into a fight of one kind or another. He might as well jump right into a brawl - and he couldn't do that. And, of course, there was the fact that Trric, who he very much didn't want to offend or put off, would no doubt hear of such an encounter one way or another.

"Not a common drink," he continued nonchalantly, only barely restraining himself from giving Kathrine some illusory monstrosity to ogle instead of them. "I'm surprised that more people don't drink it."

Zereth Lancer
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:56:41 AM
He lay awake in his bed, unable to fall asleep. He had just done some training and was dead tired and lated down to rest but rest would not come. He sat up and rubbed his face. He hadn't been sleeping well for the past few days. He could feel something wrong was going to happen back on Barask, the closest thing he had to a home world, and dreams of the cities of barask alit with fire didn't help either.

He noticed that he was hungry. it was possible that he was unable to sleep because of hunger, though he doubted it. He got to his feat and pulled on some clothing and headed out his door and walked toward the cafeteria.

There was a banging noice that came from the door of the cafeteria. The three inside turned to see Zereth open the door while rubbing his forehead. It seemed his eyes wern't working well either.

He looked around and saw the three staring at him. He gave them a weak smile. He saw them all munching on air cakes and decided to get one for himself, along with a glass of water.

He walked over to them with his tray "Hello Je'gan, Kathrine, Trric" He wasn't suprised to see Trric there. Ever since they had returned from Corascant every time he saw Je'gan Trric was right beside him. It was a strange sight to say the least.

Zereth sat down across from Kathrine and rubbed his eyes. He knew he must look terrible. His eyes were red and his long dark hair was a mess "So, hows it going?" He asked Kathrine.

Kathrine
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:23:58 AM
Normally Kathrine would have had a sarcastic comment to make up she just looked from Zereth and shrugged. "Alright, but could you believe those two? I mean some degree of dignity should be left, but none."

Trric Skyvold
Feb 27th, 2005, 09:47:16 PM
She gave Zereth a slight wave hello, taking her mug of hot chocolate and taking a seat beside Kathrine. She missed the comment about dignity, thankfully, making herself comfortable and looking for Je'gan who was right behind her.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 28th, 2005, 05:25:06 PM
Je'gan took a seat on the other side of the table from the two girls, beside his former Apprentice. His eyes stayed on Trric for a long moment, then shifted to the individual beside her, then went back to Trric. A whole lecture played itself out in his mind over the lext half-second, during which he quelled his ire with a sip of his own hot chocolate. Southstar probably wouldn't appreciate it if Je'gan subtracted an Apprentice from the roll.

Instead, he went for something a bit less satisfying but quite amusing in its own way: an illusion, specific to Kathrine's mind and oppressive in its power. Complete darkness, chaotic noise, skittering feelings on her back and shoulders, the smell of brimstone.

And all the while, Je'gan sat there, looking at Trric over the mug's rim.

Kathrine
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:09:54 AM
Kathrine's vision and surroundings changed. At first she jumped and tried to wipe whatever was on her back off, but to little avail. What is this? Why won't it come off.

She even tried to use the Force to push them away and indeed did succeed in pushing her food away and into Zereth's lap without realizing it.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:15:50 PM
Zereth jumped out of his seat as Kathrine's spice tea landed on his lap. He hadn't been very awake before he was now. He did his best to wipe the tea of his pants but it didn't help much.

Zereth looked up from his tea soaked pants to see Kathrine's eyes darting around the room, looking at things that were not there. His turned to the side to look at Je'gan. He was not sure but he assumed Je'gan was behind this.

Zereth walked over behind Kathrine and layed a hand on her shoulder "Calm down Kathrine."

Trric Skyvold
Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:36:29 PM
She rose a brow, watching Kathrine jump from her seat, swatting at some unseen...things? She moved away from the girl, giving Je'gan a concerned look. "Is she okay?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:34:02 PM
Je'gan's eyes turned from the spectacle of Zereth trying to calm Kathrine, focusing instead on Trric. He maintained the multiple illusions skillfully and adroitly.

"Respect is part and parcel of belonging to the Order. When you violate those conditions of mutual respect, bad things happen - though she's not experiencing anything more than a simple reminder. Truly teaching her would be the job of her Master, Southstar.

"That's not Master as in slavery," he continued, uncertain of how much Trric had picked up of the lives and customs of the Sith, "but Master as in apprenticeship. Kathrine learns from Southstar, as I learn from a man named Vega and as you will learn from me."

He looked over at Kathrine and blinked. The illusion ceased with a sharp, stabbing flicker of pain right between her eyes.

"Not another word out of you about how I define my identity," he said flatly. "Not one, or so help me you will lose a kneecap."

Kathrine
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:15:33 PM
Zereth's hand on her shoulder only freaked her out more and she swatted at him. It wasn't until she felt a sharp pain that she came to and looked over as Je'gan was talking to her.

"And who says I was talking to you?" She asked as she stood up. "Did I once say your name?"

Zereth Lancer
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:38:25 PM
Zereth pulled his hand back when Kathrine swatted it. He shrugged and sat down at a different seat then his tea soaked one. He was now sitting next to Je'gan. He watched Kathrine as he sipped his drink.

Zereth knew Je'gan would acted on his threads and he knew if Kathrine didn't stop pestering him then she would infact loose a kneecap. He moved his head over to Je'gan ear "Don't be to harsh on her" He wispered "She is young, not much more then a big child. It wouldn't be very nice to be cutting away the kneecap of a child."

Trric Skyvold
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:27:47 PM
Trric slipped her drink quietly, not really understanding what was happening to Kathrine. Or rather, how it was happening. She listened intently as Je'gan explained why he was doing it, and gave him a slight nod to show she understood.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 7th, 2005, 06:34:36 AM
Je'gan turned and looked at Zereth, a gaze of muted indifference and resignation.

'Nice' doesn't enter into the equation. It has to be done.

He turned back to Kathrine and sighed, placing his fingertips against his temples to span his forehead with his hand in a gesture of incredible weariness.

"Even you can't believe me that stupid. Or did you forget my specialization?"

He began to create a thought bomb, anchored to Kathrine's kneecap. She had approximately a second to find a way to remove it before it exploded. He rather thought she would do so...that was why a second was forming on the other cap.

Kathrine
Mar 7th, 2005, 04:49:43 PM
She felt the first bomb being place and quickly reached out with the Force. She was able to push that one aside and didn't fell the second one till a second later. A second to late.

She reached out and tried to diffuse the second one and push it away at the same time. Unfortunately she wasn't thinking clearly and didn't get it away in enough time. She pushed in and it ended up blowing up by her left calf. She fell off her chair as the pain coursed through her body.

Kathrine hit the floor and moaned as she grabbed for her calf. Luckily it hadn't broken skin, but it had left a good sized indention on her leg.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 8th, 2005, 09:37:31 PM
Zereth's eyebrowed arched as he watched Kathrine fall to the ground while holding her knee. He knew Je'gan had done it but he said nothing and just took another sip of his drink. He was done trying to persaude Je'gan to leave Kathrine alone. She was on her own.

Trric Skyvold
Mar 9th, 2005, 07:21:21 PM
She jumped.

Kathrine was on the floor, in obvious pain. Je'gan and Zereth just sat there, doing nothing. Trric looked between the pair seated across from her and the fallen girl. Her gaze stopped on Je'gan, briefly, before she cast it back down on her mug.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 9th, 2005, 07:48:46 PM
He shrugged and turned to Trric. Something of him recognized the truth in Zereth's words, and gave it credence; most of him, however, knew that this had been inevitable.

"Kathrine has had that coming to her for a long time, Trric. In point of fact, she's had death coming for a long time, and she should be very, very grateful that I chose not to administer that penalty in the interests of the Order. Pain is one of our more effective teachers."

He searched her face to the exclusion of all else, ignoring both Kathrine on the floor and Zereth with his drink.

"Normally, we get along very well here. Sometimes people just have a problem respecting authourity, a problem that can and does put the rest of us in danger. You understand, don't you?"

He very much hoped so. Because if not, any exploration of other aspects of his identity might get delayed for an indeterminate amount of time. He liked Trric, and he didn't have many friends. And the way she kept...

And I always thought telekinesis was my weakness, darnit...

Kathrine
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:47:06 PM
Kathrine rolled over on her hands and knees, holding her left one slightly in the air. Slowly she was able to stand up and hop on one leg. She slowly turned to face the Sith Knight and glared at him. "What was that for?"

Trric Skyvold
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:41:39 PM
She gave Kathrine a side-ways glance, before looking back at Je'gan and nodding slightly. Trric just as quickly returned her attention to her mug, running her finger along the rim.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 14th, 2005, 10:07:42 PM
"OK. Well..."

He was, first and foremost, a man of action. He could know how to act in just about any situation, as long as 'action' was centered around the Force or a weapon. Knowing how to speak...that was something else. Maybe he just needed to think more before he spoke. That might help.

But right now, he didn't have the patience. It was all he could do to ignore Kathrine. Sooner or later, Southstar would teach her a permanent lesson. That would have to suffice because, to put it bluntly, she was boring Je'gan.

The remains of the food no longer seemed appetizing. Je'gan took a swig of rapidly cooling hot chocolate and thumped the cup down on the table.

"Care for some fresh air, Trric?"

Zereth Lancer
Mar 14th, 2005, 10:24:08 PM
Watching Je'gan attack Kathrine again and again was starting to bore Zereth. It would have been more interesting if they had a fight of some sorts intead of Je'gan hurling force attacks at Her. He took another sip and sat back in his chair and hoped something interesting would happen soon.

Trric Skyvold
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:41:36 PM
Her head shot up as he thumped his mug onto the table. She gave him a weak smile and nodded, following him as he stood up from the table.

Kathrine
Mar 17th, 2005, 05:05:50 PM
Kathrine glared after them. "Fine! Go ahead and leave. Who needs you anyways?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 17th, 2005, 05:10:55 PM
A parting shot wasn't totally Je'gan's style, and thus, he stayed silent, choosing instead to head for the door with Trric. His self-consciousness, as of this very moment, was such that he felt it when his hand started drifting towards hers again. Perversely, he let it happen, bumping the backs of his knuckles against hers.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 17th, 2005, 09:21:17 PM
Zereth saw Je'gan's hand knock against the hand of Trric's. His red glowing eyes narrowed. Now he was sure that something was wrong with Je'gan. In truth Zereth had never really experienced such things as love and therefore had a hard time seeing it.

He liked being around Je'gan but he felt that he might want to stay out of his way for now, atleats until he cools down from this encounter with Kathrine. He lifted his glass to his lips again and sipped the cool water.

Trric Skyvold
Mar 17th, 2005, 11:14:59 PM
She felt his hand bump hers, and instinctively, she reached out and grabbed it. Trric gave the others a glance over her shoulder as she stepped out the door with Je'gan.

Kathrine
Mar 18th, 2005, 12:32:13 AM
Kathrine snorted after they left and flopped back down beside Zereth. "Who needs those two anyways? We can entertain ourselves just fine."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 18th, 2005, 03:49:21 PM
They turned left, the hall gaping. Je'gan, his mind having gone momentarily blank, was slightly startled to discover Trric's hand in his. The tendons on the back of his hand twitched, just slightly.

"So. You need some more introduction to how this place works, what's where...anything you'd like to see?"

Zereth Lancer
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:16:04 PM
Zereth remained silent for a few moments before speaking "It pains me to see him like that. He seems so emotionaly unstable at the moment. He seems to be changing too fast for himself. But then again, that might just be what I see" He said emotionlessly before sipping his water again. His eyes shifted to the side to look at Kathrine "Entertainment you say" He chuckled slightly "I don't think you see entertainment on the same level as I do."

Trric Skyvold
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:34:31 AM
Trric sighed.

She just wanted to rest. Her arms felt heavy and her legs felt like lead. She understood what Je'gan had told her, but she didn't see the need for his attack on Kathrine.

"I think I'd like to go back to my room, if that's alright."

Kathrine
Mar 19th, 2005, 07:48:35 AM
Kathrine sighed and slammed her head against the table. Doesn't anyone around here have any fun?

"And what would your definition of fun be?" She asked, her head still on the table.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 19th, 2005, 10:28:52 AM
A number of thoughts flashed through Je'gan's head, so fast that on retrospect he wasn't sure he could identify them. He shrugged and crooked a grin.

"It's your tour."

Their path didn't alter: Trric's room could be reached by an offshoot of this corridor.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 19th, 2005, 09:46:03 PM
"Oh, things like epic battles, sword fighting, and just about anything else thats violent and bloody" Zereth said with a grin. And walks on the beach with Jame the thought shot through his head but he dismissed it. It was true he had been atracted to the jedi named Jame Dar, but he had put that behind himself and thought on it little "What about you Kathrine, what do you like to do for fun?"

Trric Skyvold
Mar 20th, 2005, 06:22:10 PM
They continued to walk down the corridor, Trric leaning gently against him. She didn't say anything to him, remaining quiet untill they reached her room.

Kathrine
Mar 21st, 2005, 02:20:45 AM
"The same...but I also like dancing and going out and socializing. Interacting with the commoners."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 21st, 2005, 04:51:47 PM
Well, this isn't a situation tailor-made for temptation or anything...

He kept his thoughts to himself as he punched the door controls with his free hand, the forefinger twitching just noticeably in the process. The door hissed open, revealing Trric's room.

"I like what you've done with it," he said for lack of anything coherent to say, vaguely indicating a dresser and the objects on it. "Gives the place a nice sense of balance." In truth, he wasn't pointing at anything in particular - he was just talking because if he didn't do something or say something innocuous, he was going to do or say something stupid. Despite his worries, though, his hand stayed clasped to Trric's.

Mandy with an I
Mar 21st, 2005, 09:46:29 PM
delete please -_-

Trric Skyvold
Mar 21st, 2005, 09:50:21 PM
"I guess so."

The objects on the dresser were things they had gotten from her hospital room - before they had returned to the Sith homeworld. A few bracelets, a crumpled photo, a change purse; little things she assumed were hers, though she couldn't remember them.

She frowned, letting go of his hand and flopping down onto the bed. "I wish I had more of my things...or could remember WHERE they even are..."

Zereth Lancer
Mar 21st, 2005, 10:12:27 PM
"Well, then thats where we differ" Zereth said "I greatly dislike going out in public. Too many people. I prefere being in the shadows. My only company had been my shadow for the last few years before I came here. I find it hard to be around other people."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:06:43 PM
"If you would like..."

Now why was he hesitating?

"I could try and...do something about those memories."

Kathrine
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:22:21 AM
Kathrine sighed. Alone? How can he do that?

"What ever drives your engine I guess. But I don't get what is so bad about being around people? You should try it more often."

Zereth Lancer
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:44:26 PM
"I just don't get along well with people. I like being alone. Its how I've always been. I don't really see a reason to change" Zereth said to Kathrine.

Or am I hiding?, He thought to himself. There was pain there, he had good reasons for not going out in public. It was because he didn't trust anyone. His trust had been broken too many times for him to go places where it could be broken again.

Trric Skyvold
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:08:15 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
"If you would like...I could try and...do something about those memories."

She glanced up at him from her bed, sliding up into a sitting position. She gestured for him to sit, before smiling. "Do you think it would help?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:54:57 AM
"I know I'm one of the best mentalists alive - the only guy I can think of off-hand who might be better is a Jedi Master named Akrabbim." Je'gan smiled whimsically, taking a seat beside Trric on the bed, leaning back on his elbows by habit. The story of Rivin's defeat at Akrabbim's hands had been music to his ears. Someday, he really hoped he could go up against Akrabbim.

"This seems more of a healing kind of thing, though. I might be able to find some kinks in your mind and iron them out, but to be totally blunt I'm not sure how good at this I can be. Finding buried memories is tricky.

"Oh. And it might hurt a little."

Kathrine
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:37:47 AM
"Well you seem to be getting along with me just fine."

Zereth Lancer
Mar 25th, 2005, 09:19:47 PM
"Because I trust my fellow sith. Perhaps more then I should. I am only so open with people I trust" His voice became more hard "But those that take my trust and use it to stab me in the back seldom live to regret it" It was either a threaten or a warning. Kathrine would have to decide for herself.

Kathrine
Mar 26th, 2005, 02:19:07 PM
The Sith Apprentice just shrugged and nodded.

"Maybe, but you should really try to lighten up. Sometimes this stuff could be fun. You just have to have the right company," she said with a sly smile.

Trric Skyvold
Mar 26th, 2005, 02:41:22 PM
"Anything is better than nothing at all."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 26th, 2005, 05:23:11 PM
He nodded, chewing on the inside of his lip.

"Might go better if you lie down or support yourself with something," he said. "Never know when you might lose consciousness."

Reaching out to the Force without further delay, he began to examine her mind, flitting delicately around surface thoughts and looking at the patterns they made. He was familiar with all sorts of patterns, and all sorts of problems that could interfere with them. Trric felt a slight tickling sensation as he dove a little deeper. Down here, thoughts and identity merged; he was floating between nodules of thought and instinct, seeing the currents that connected them. A mind was a complicated and vast place; he began to 'swim' around, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

This close, he was getting everything, an absolutely perfect sense of who she was. In there, once he looked for them, were her insecurity and her desire for help and support. He seemed to be...well, if not critical to that, then at least significant. Tsking to himself over his thoughts, he moved on.

There were kinks all over the place, widely spaced but still connected. Amnesia had a familiar pattern; this was strange but similar in most of the particulars. One by one, the kinks and knots began to iron themselves out. Each sent a little jolt of pain through Trric's mind; he did his best to covereach one with a small and momentary stimulus to her mind's pleasure centre.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 26th, 2005, 10:29:53 PM
"Yes, sometimes I can be fun. But not always" Zereth said as he finished of his drink "I draw the wrong kind of attention. People see a guy dressed in black and heavily armed and they instantly assume your a sith. Here on Corellia thats not a problem but on other planets it can be a problem."

Trric Skyvold
Mar 26th, 2005, 10:42:04 PM
She leaned back against the pillows, closing her eyes...

Each memory came with a small trigger of pain, causing her to flinch. Images started flooding her mind:

First, waking up in the hospital, seeing a dark cloaked figure in the shadows - Je'gan. A warm feeling came over her, but as quickly as it had come, it disappeared.

Next, wandering the desert, the pale demon, the black man, the people with white oval faces...The demon-boy with the chesire grin slid next to her and purred in her ear, but she didn't understand what he had said.

He faded. She was seated in a ...class? Her head resting on her hand as she scribbed notes and doodles into an old fashioned notebook while an older man lectured to the class.

She kept remembering her old life, as each kink and knot was removed. She remembered her parents, her friends, boyfriends. This continued for what seemed like hours.

Trric slowly opened her eyes, sighing heavily. "That was, interesting."

Kathrine
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:09:10 AM
"Maybe, but it always depends on where you go. Sometimes black is the local fashion."

Zereth Lancer
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:06:17 PM
"Well, then I can never find the places that accept such people as me, or what I appear to be." I'm a walking illusion. No one truely knowns who or what I am. I am a demon made flesh. Here to spread destruction and death throughout the galaxy. My purpose is clear. I've just prosponed it. Zanon created in me a monster. A monster that's been dying to get out, to get out and destroy.

Kathrine
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:06:48 PM
KAthrine shrugged. "And what do you want to appear to be?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:20:46 PM
"I know it helped a bit..."

His hand sought and found hers.

"But was it what you were looking for?"

Zereth Lancer
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:33:28 PM
Human atleast "I try not to appear. I wish not to be noticed. I try and look normal. But that never works. People see a guy with glowing red eyes and they usualy think I'm a vampire, or some other creature of the damned. I just wished I could fit in. This is the only place I have ever fitted in."

Trric Skyvold
Mar 29th, 2005, 11:34:36 PM
She squeezed his hand back tightly. "I guess so...I don't know. I guess we'll find out, won't we?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 30th, 2005, 11:26:49 AM
"I guess we will," Je'gan answered promptly. He began to chew on the inside of his lip once more as his mind registered Trric's presence all over again and went instantly blank.

"So," he said at last. "What do you want to do now?"

Kathrine
Mar 30th, 2005, 12:23:37 PM
"Then you just haven't found the right places. You just need to look around a bit more," she said. She raised her eyebrow in a silent thought to herself. Why am I even trying to be nice to this guy?

Trric Skyvold
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:23:19 PM
"How about..."

She leaned closer to him, a small smile on her lips which she quickly pressed to his. She pulled away, this time smiling brighter.

"..that?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:33:50 AM
Something flared in Je'gan's chest, just behind his sternum. His breath caught; he leaned in unconsciously, kissing back. His eyes drifted shut as all his focus went instantly to his lips.

When it ended, he blinked, and blinked again. And then he smiled.

"What a nice evening for a first kiss."

Zereth Lancer
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:35:01 PM
"Perhaps that is my problem. But I really have no time to go our. I spent all my time training with myself or Je'gan" His eyes darted towards the door the two had left through before coming back to Kathine "How about you? How is your traininf with Southstar?"

Trric Skyvold
Mar 31st, 2005, 11:46:21 PM
"Yep."

She leaned back against the pillows, resting on the headboard of the bed. She felt...different, Sort of? Her head was swimming with all the memories that Je'gan had stirred up.

She stretched her arms above her head, yawning. "So...what now?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 1st, 2005, 10:56:23 AM
He smiled, widely, as his eyes locked onto her.

"Now I just sit here and stare at you."

Kathrine
Apr 1st, 2005, 12:58:38 PM
Now there's a real conversation spoiler, she thought to herself. "It goes...a little slow to my thinking, but it goes."

Zereth Lancer
Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:00:21 PM
Zereth chuckled slightly, "It is not important how fast one's training goes. What is important is that you try your hardest with respect and obedience to your master."

Kathrine
Apr 3rd, 2005, 08:26:45 AM
"Hmph...seems like he's the one that needs the reality check sometimes."

Zereth Lancer
Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:29:27 PM
"Southstar is a great sith. You couldn't have a better master, young Kathrine." Zereth held Southstar in very high regard. He was impressed most by the Sith Knight then he was with anyone else in the order.

Kathrine
Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:34:11 PM
"Maybe, but only time will tell that and history will be our judges."

Trric Skyvold
Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:35:32 PM
"Now I just sit here and stare at you."

She giggled softly, lowering her arms and placing them behind her head. "If you want to..I won't stop you."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 5th, 2005, 06:15:27 AM
Despite her motions, he kept his gaze very steadfastly on her face. The smile remained.

"Would you like to see a Coronet sunrise?"

Zereth Lancer
Apr 7th, 2005, 10:12:03 PM
"True" Zereth said "Very true" He pulled a chrono out of his pocket and looked at it for a second. "This has been lovely but I must be going. I don't have the time to sit around chatting all day." He stood up and headed for the door and was gone.

Trric Skyvold
Apr 8th, 2005, 07:49:41 PM
"Would you like to see a Coronet sunrise?"

"Sure." She stretched once more, moving closer to him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2005, 08:35:40 AM
Keep it together...come on, keep it together, man...

He didn't close his eyes, and perhaps that was a mistake. Then again, he was used to making mistakes and didn't let it bother him too much. He knew he had a long ways to go before he was a real Sith - no matter what he'd done and who he'd defeated. That distance, as long as it kept reducing, was all right with him.

"Let's go, then," he said, taking her hand and attempting to stand up. And 'attempting' was the word - though 'failing' might have been closer to the mark. His legs simply would not engage. With an effort of will - only half his will, at that, and perhaps less - he made his knees bend, his feet move, until at last he stood beside the bed, facing Trric and holding her hand.

Trric Skyvold
Apr 9th, 2005, 06:59:22 PM
She stood, her body brushing lightly against him. She smiled and allowed Je'gan to lead her out of her room.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:49:54 PM
Did she, he wondered, do that on purpose? Putting the question aside - he had no evidence one way or another, though he knew which was he'd like to think - he snuck an instinctive glance at her out of the corner of his eye, then made it a more obvious glance just as they passed the door of her bedroom.

"There's this balcony I know. Isolated, out of the wind...comfortable. Nice view."

Trric Skyvold
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:50:46 PM
"Okay."

She nestled in close to him as they continued their walk through the halls of the Order.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:13:34 PM
Situated between a small tower and a corner, the balcony had served Je'gan well over the years, from philosophy discussions to duels to the final test of his Shadowwings. He'd brought Kes up here, once, before he had been Knighted and had taken her as his Apprentice. Even now, the memory of his friend was painful. Killed by a Jedi - Kyle Krogen - while on a mission, Kes' death had been avenged by the death of her nemesis Danner at Je'gan's own hand.

It didn't help, though. No matter what advantages anger and revenge had as a way of life, they could never really be satisfied, even by what seemed like fulfillment. Perhaps he simply needed to kill Krogen.

They emerged from the long, enclosed, tightly winding staircase - a locale that made their proximity a bit more necessary; Je'gan recalled leading Kes up by the hand - to a gorgeous view. The sun was just beginning to peek above the horizon.

Sidestepping, the young man sat down against the wall, looking out through the open railing. His hand stayed with Trric's, gently pulling her down to sit beside him.

Trric Skyvold
Apr 15th, 2005, 09:28:12 PM
"Wow...."

She sat down beside him, snuggling up closer. Resting her head on his shoulder, Trric let out a contented sigh.

"It's so beautiful...Thank-you so much, Je'gan."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:19:03 PM
It wasn't overt, it wasn't designed to be this way - or didn't seem so, at least - but Je'gan was having a rather tough time of it. It wasn't that he wasn't enjoying it...it was that he was enjoying it too much.

After a time, in which the sun rose until half of the disk was visible, he gave up, leaned over and kissed her wordlessly.

Trric Skyvold
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:31:21 PM
He felt her pull back - not because she wasn't enjoying the kiss, but out of surprize. He felt her own lips press gently against his, then draw back into a smile.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:20:32 AM
When she pulled back he moved ahead; when she stopped pulling back, he moved back a little, conscious of the fact that her neck could become a bit uncomfortable in this position. But he kept kissing her, and when she smiled, so did he.

There was a decent chance he could stop, of course...but he saw no reason to.

Trric Skyvold
Apr 22nd, 2005, 09:44:34 PM
She finally broke the kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck, her fingers trailing through his hair.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:26:33 PM
Several long moments passed as he looked into her eyes, trying to find a hint of what it was that everyone said happened when you looked into the girl's eyes like this. To his satisfaction, he found it, and enjoyed it.

Leaning back and untwisting, one hand still at the small of her back, he placed his shoulders and the back of his head against the wall and, looking out at the horizon, let loose a sigh.

"I guess I don't have to tell you that that was very, very nice."

Trric Skyvold
Apr 23rd, 2005, 11:38:08 PM
She snuggled up closer to him, grinning. "Nope, you don't. "

Trric planted another soft kiss on his lips before settling back down beside him again.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 4th, 2005, 05:22:07 PM
Time passed at a crawl; at last - an indefinable period later - Je'gan spoke.

"So what would you suggest we do now? The choice is completely yours to make."

Trric Skyvold
May 6th, 2005, 11:34:02 AM
"Ummm, we could just sit here..or go to bed...I don't know."

Her cheeks flushed once again. 'I mean, seperate beds! You know..It is late and all."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 7th, 2005, 09:59:35 AM
"Separate is fine by me."

He blunted his unintentional words with a smile.

"I'd rather like to get to know you more, Trric..."

Trric Skyvold
May 7th, 2005, 09:19:55 PM
"Okay."

She just sat there, not really knowing what to do or say next.

"Um, we could go out again tomorrow night, maybe outside the palace?"

Je'gan Olra'en
May 10th, 2005, 08:59:40 AM
He eased himself up, regretfully surrendering the warmth Trric radiated. "I'd like that," he said. "The palace is nice, but eventually I suppose it gets a bit stifling." He shrugged, and walked over to the railing, leaning against it.

"In the meantime...if I don't get out of here soon, I'll fall asleep right here."

With you ran through his head; absently, he batted down the thought.

Trric Skyvold
May 10th, 2005, 11:13:22 PM
"Okay."

She followed him to the railing, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind, resting her head on his back.

"Sleeping out here together wouldn't be so bad though.."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 11th, 2005, 04:53:31 PM
He took a long breath and let it out just as slowly, then turned in Trric's arms until they were face to face. He was very slightly dizzy, and it probably wasn't the drop behind him.

His own arms came up, circling tightly around her lower back.

"I would like that," he whispered.

Trric Skyvold
May 14th, 2005, 05:04:54 PM
"Me too."

She buried her face into his chest and laughed.

"I don't think Sith are supposed to behave like this, are they?"