PDA

View Full Version : Rp recruitment for my story

Fox Sunrider
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:25:11 AM
After playing Knights of the Old Republic 2, my interest in Star Wars is returning. The game got me in the mood to finally release that story I have had in my head for so long. What better way to show it than to have it made into an RPG for others to help shape it with me so that I can put it into writing later on?

That's where you come in. If you seriously love playing RPs in forums with characters of your own creation, then you're in the right place.

I am looking for people who would like to play in my RP on this board entitled: Echoes of Darkness.

The basic plot is this: It's been a few years since the Sith War and the Republic is trying to piece itself back together. I play a Jedi who leaves the Jedi Order on Dantooine. I leave due to personal loss as a result from the Sith War. i felt that had i remained, my emotions would get the better of me and I would put The Order into serious danger. Months later, there is new darkness stirring in the galaxy as a new evil comes into the scene, searching for me. The Jedi Order has no idea why this darkness would want to look for a deserter, so they send a Jedi out to find me and bring me back to aid in the dark times to come.

I am looking for people to play the following major roles (note that you can play more than one role if need be):

Jedi Council Members: we know how they act, lol

A female jedi: she is sent to find me. she is loyal to the light and to the order, but is very gentle and sometimes can be a bit emotional. when she meets me and discovers what i have been doing, she is confused about my motives at first, but then develops feelings for me (not trying to be a pervert, but what's a story without a little romance? lol)

A Republic Admiral (preferrably male): has a strong sense of duty and loyality to the republic.

A Bounty Hunter (male or female): one who is ruthless, cunning, likes using gadgets, etc. who is hired by the sith lord to find me.

HK-47: This role goes to anyone else who has played KOTOR and knows this role by heart (he gives the comical relief to the story). If no one wants to play him, then I will. He is a droid built by Revan in the KOTOR game who loves to kill (aka assassin droid)

A Sith Lord (preferrably male): ok, i need someone who can be heartless, relentless, unforgiving, and down right merciless, all in all, seems to have no humanity at all. This is going to be a huge role, so make sure you can live up to it. if anyone has played KOTOR 2, be like Darth Nihilus :D

2 Sith apprentices, one male, one female: the male holds a rivalry to me since we usually get in deadlock during our confrontations. he is more interested in defeating me rather than turning me to the dark side (determined and persistant). The female, on the other hand, is more interested in my powers and wants to keep me to herself to defeat her master and then possibly use me as a weapon (manipulative, seductive, power hungry, maybe a bit dominant).

A Sith Admiral (preferrably male): one who occasionally questions the dark lord's commands, but not enough to get killed over

Those are the key roles i am looking for. If you have any other character ideas like droids, bartenders, shop owners, pilots, royality, soldiers, etc. let me know and I will see if it can fit.

The plot will basically advance by my cues. For example, when I say, cut to the Sith Lord, whoever plays the sith lord will act out his role. I will also give some direction as to how the scene should go. Before i end a cue, for example, i might say, this is where you call for your apprentices and then the three Sith would play out their scenes. Don't be afraid to free-act, this story is open to any new change. I will let you know after the scene how you did (I'm not some slave driver, lol).

If this RP interests you, go ahead and post a character sheet along with any questions you may have. You can ask about anything, even about me, seeing that I am new to this forum.

Character sheets can include your own character name and history. If you can tie your history into the story somwhat, that's even better.

The next post will show an example of how character sheets should be done.

hope you're interested and I look foward to having fun with you all! :)

Fox Sunrider
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:26:15 AM
Name: Fox Sunrider
Race: Human
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 215lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
D.O.B.: Unknown
Homeworld: Corellia
Political Affiliation: None
Jedi Origin: Shadow
Jedi Status: Shadow Knight
Jedi Master: Master Oros Trassi
Weapon of Choice: Lightsaber with Green Blade (can fight with two lightsabers as well)
Force Abilities: Jump, Speed, Pull, Push, Farsight, Persuasion, Choke, Blind, Storm, Throw, Insanity, Heal, Stasis Field
Special Force Abilities: Jedi Meditation, Has the ability to look deep into one’s darkness and inner self beyond those of a regular jedi
Vehicle of Choice: Modified Corellian Medium Stock Freighter YT-2000 Fire Star
Outfit: Black Boots, Black Pants, Grey Shirt and Jacket, Black Gloves

Biography

Brother to Nomi and Vima Sunrider and one of the most mysterious and powerful Shadows that have come into the new era of Jedi Knights. Fox Sunrider was born on Corellia, but only lived there until the age of three. His parents disowned him at that young age when he destroyed a speeder on a collision course for their home by just looking at it. Afraid that he would harm others and join the Darkside of the Force, his parents put him in a pod while he was sleeping and launched him into space.
Scared and alone, Fox drifted in space for nearly four weeks. He had no food or water, nor anyone to talk to or take care of him. What was amazing is how he survived those weeks without nurture. Suddenly, a ship came along and picked the young boy up. On the ship, Fox was fed and clothed by a very mysterious man. When asked his name, the man said “My name is Oros Trassi, a Jedi Master. You are now my apprentice, young Sunrider.” Confused, Fox said he didn’t have the force, but Trassi showed him that he did by having him perform a test. He told him to stretch out with his feelings and move the cup on the table in front of him. Doing so, the cup moved and young Sunrider was astonished at his ability. When asked about his parents, the boy broke into tears and said that he woke up in the pod a while back without a clue of what happened. Trassi asked what he remembers the most about what happened before he was in the pod. Fox told him about the speeder and what he did. Having heard this, Trassi knew then how to train him.
For 13 years, Fox trained vigorously in both ways of the force. Trassi saw that as a child, he held the aspects of light and darkness in balance within himself. As he endured his training, he held and learned more about balancing the essence of the force so that he might become more powerful. Although Fox trained with the Darkside, he would never take it to murder. Trassi taught him how to be calm and how to use his anger as a tool for good, not evil. He also taught Fox in the arts of meditation and collection. One very unique lesson was that of looking into one’s light and darkness and being able to determine the future fate of someone, a power that was very horrifying to use. At the age of 16, Fox was given the title, Shadow Knight, and left Master Trassi. At the age of 19, he was picked up by the Jedi Council. His skill in his farsight gained him a seat on the council floor. Once Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma began their quest for a new age of The Sith, Fox was thrown into The Sith War at the age of 22. In that war, he lost his closest friend, Sylvar, and his love interest, Felicia. As a result of his loss, Fox left the council by his own will in fear that his emotions would put the galaxy at risk. The council also did not know of his Darkside abilities, as he had masked them from their presence. He is now in solitude somewhere in the galaxy, unaware of the destiny that faces him….