PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just me...

Jeseth Cloak
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:02:28 AM
...but the board seems kind of dead these last few days. I haven't been around for a pretty long time, but I don't remember it moving this slowly back then. Has it been like this for a while, or is this only a recent thing? Sorry to comment on this, I just don't sense a lot of excitement around here.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2005, 03:16:13 AM
It is pretty slow at the minute. Not sure why. I guess people are just busy. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:05:00 AM
We've got great plans, they're just waiting on the Senate which is dragging it's feet.

AmazonBabe
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:37:56 PM
Politicians ALWAYS drag their feet! :p

And it's slow in certain places. I know TSO has picked up, but it prob doesn't look like it much. Also, this weekend I think EVERYONE was away doing SOMETHING. Not much posting goes on during the weekend (at least for me). So maybe you just happened to catch the tail-end of the weekend?

Mandy with an I
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:48:33 PM
It's valentines, and we're all really romantic people? :lol

It's slow because of school, work and the fact that most people who used to post a lot now have other things going on which keep them from posting.

...in AB's case, it's probably WoW ;)

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:02:28 PM
Allo Jes. :)

Things have been quiet around here but I think it is the quiet before the storm to be honest. For starters, May is fast approaching. :cool

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:11:12 PM
Loki is right. Once this senate thread is done there should be all sorts of things going on. I know I will want to be doing something after it. It does seem that a lot of our numbers have been dropping. That usually makes it slow when everyone else, then, is working and busy...

Morgan Evanar
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:14:15 PM
It seems to be split between MMORPG addiction and Real Life taking down many roleplayers. I'm working ~30 hours a week and have 3 classes and a lab. I don't have the free time I used to.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:39:14 AM
Puling 36+ hour weeks nowadays, and when im off, i sleep or play WoW.

Don't really post much anymore. =/

Alexi Hesith
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:06:56 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Politicians ALWAYS drag their feet! :p

I resent that. We do not drag our feet.

I'll get back to y'all with my opinions later.

HA! Politicians can be funny too you know.

Yes it has been slow. Yes it will get very busy once the Senate passes the Bestine Resolution. Chaos here we come.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:02:49 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
It seems to be split between MMORPG addiction and Real Life taking down many roleplayers.

*Real life lurks in the shadows, darts out, kills a role-player and drags the body back into the abyss*

Alas, it got me too. Work, drama ministry, homeless ministry, and 6 hours this semester. Midterms are here, too.

Nayala Palain
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:40:34 PM
Jeseth... PM me...

Slow, sure but that gives you the time to read up on everything. Like I did.... 4 days of reading threads... GOOD GOD countless threads...

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:10:19 PM
I'm slow because of 22 hours of class + 10 hours or so of homework.

Plus friends. And Games. And reading. And food. Food takes a lot of time out of the day.

Silus Xilarian
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:51:51 PM
56-64 hour work weeks
Friends
the opposite sex
foraging (for sustenance)
and then a point where I lay down and close my eyes for a few hours

I usually fill in the gaps with Fans and WoW

Remi Le'lain
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:04:48 AM
close your eyes... Im so envious of you. I should try that.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30:16 AM
College
Friends
Band thats taking off well.
Everquest 2 (Yeah Im a Blasphemist, shush :-p)
Jackie me' girl :)
...list goes on

That and Roleplaying to me really aint' what it used to be within my interest barriers.

Jeseth Cloak
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:39:22 AM
It just sucks to that things here seem to have slowed down. I remember when you couldn't be off the boards for more than a day before you were like 3 or 4 pages behind on every forum. Well... I suppose things will change eventually. Nayala, I can't PM you right now I have to run, but feel free to contact me via PM, e-mail, or AIM if you want to talk. Sorry, I have to be at work in like 15 minutes... -_- I hate work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:19:30 AM
OMG Kelt has a girl!!!

*wolf whistles*

AmazonBabe
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:23:26 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
...in AB's case, it's probably WoW ;)

Dammit! My secret is out! :mad Curse you... curse you all!!! :verymad

:p

Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
Everquest 2 (Yeah Im a Blasphemist, shush :-p)

GASP!!!! :eek KIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!! :shootin

:mischief

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:45:20 PM
I just see Fans as becoming much more intrinsic in its' member base. Which I find to be a good thing, mind you :)

Lorani T'sava
Feb 16th, 2005, 03:10:35 PM
Me, aside from my creative process being slow this past little while, I've been job hunting, going to job interviews (which I just got home from one), going to aquafit classes, other swim sessions, spending time with my significant other, and spending time with my brother and his family, I'm not doing much posting here or at other boards I RP at. Oh, I also find time to eat, sleep, and play KOTOR2

That and things have been slow and I'm waiting for the Senate thread to be finished because then I'm pretty sure that things will kick off again.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 16th, 2005, 04:21:54 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I just see Fans as becoming much more intrinsic in its' member base. Which I find to be a good thing, mind you :)

Intrinsic? I'm not so sure I understand what you mean. I've talked about intrinsic principles in ethics, philosophy and the like, but I'm not sure the word means the same thing in the context you in which you use the word. I'm curious about what you mean.

Geist Laich
Feb 16th, 2005, 07:22:47 PM
Because everyone I want to Roleplay with aren't around much.

*pouts*

Mandy with an I
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:24:54 PM
^ exactly.

I actually have 4-5 rps going all at once, which is odd, because I usually only have one or two going. I also have important non-rp things to do as well - work, shopping, watching movies, taking naps :mischief

Southstar
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:22:43 PM
I think what she means by intrinsic is that the main group of RPers are working together better and closer (correct me if I'm wrong). But I agree with that. With this whole boardwide change and the little events that come with it comming about I think that the boards are going to liven up real quick. It's all very exciting to me.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:30:49 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Intrinsic? I'm not so sure I understand what you mean. I've talked about intrinsic principles in ethics, philosophy and the like, but I'm not sure the word means the same thing in the context you in which you use the word. I'm curious about what you mean.

The definition I was leaning toward was "belonging to the essential nature or constitution of a thing". I know intrinsic has other meanings, but that's the one that I was referring to.

I see the people who make up this community either finding their niche/aspect of the forums, or have already happily rooted themselves. Kind of like finding which part of the body you're wanting to be, I guess.

Now, instead of seeing so many threads that you fall behind in a matter of days, what's going on is more of a thought-out process. I'm not saying that nothing before now was ever planned, cause I know things were, but I'm just saying there seems to me to be alot more people who are making more involved threads and inviting others to join them to help shape and mold the participants' characters.

Those are just my own opinions. It's kind of hard for me to explain, and intrinsic was the only word I could think of.

ninja edit - Southstar is correct :)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:05:58 AM
Ah. I see. Now that I think about it, things have been more thought out. I like it too.