PDA

View Full Version : *plays Indiana Jones travel music*

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 7th, 2005, 12:39:33 PM
The powers-that-be at work have asked me to do a little travelling for the next week and a half, so I figured I'd let you guys know about it.

Either Thursday or Friday, I'm going to be travelling to Memphis TN, and from Memphis back to Birmingham, from Birmingham to Phoenix AZ, from Phoenix to Oakland CA. I might have limited internet access at whatever hotels we stay at, so I might pop in to say hi.

I'll fly back in to Birmingham next Friday or so, it'll be a nice little cross-country adventure :cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 01:22:29 PM
Have fun and be safe. :D

Post a lot before you leave, or I'll die of boredom while you're gone, though.

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 7th, 2005, 03:28:11 PM
Don't forget your hat, Indy. :D

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:27:46 PM
Turns out I won't be driving through Memphis, but I'm still going through Phoenix and Oakland, so I'll have a good 2500 mile road trip on my hands. Good thing I get to fly home :zzz

I may or may not stay a day or two extra up in Oakland, so if any of you crazies are up there, maybe we could link up.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:33:31 PM
Sweet jeebus, that is a drive.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:41:45 PM
I hope you're taking a company car.

Sanis Prent
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:48:56 PM
Yes it is. It'll take two days to reach Phoenix, with a day spent there to fool with lab equipment. From there, a day to Los Angeles, and from there, a day to Oakland, with another day piddling with more lab equipment.

I'll probably have a little bit of time to myself, and I get all of my travel expenses paid for, to an extent.

As for the company car, it's more like a company mobile technician van. It's a big ol' Penske-style hauler with a ton of medical equipment in it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:02:49 PM
OH so you're not driving. That would SUCK.

Sanis Prent
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:05:35 PM
I am driving...to Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Oakland. I'm FLYING from Oakland to Birmingham ;)

Albeit, I won't be driving all the time. Just half or so.

AmazonBabe
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:06:01 PM
You mean you're just passing through LA? Me no see you?? :(

Call me to give me details as to if/when you're here. If you're staying overnight in LA, maybe we can hook up and do dinner or something. :)

Sanis Prent
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:08:32 PM
I am pretty sure I'll be staying the evening in Los Angeles, so its possible for us to meet up on the way. I really don't know enough at the moment though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:13:17 PM
I know you're DRIVING in a car, I thought maybe someone else would be driving you.

AmazonBabe
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:16:05 PM
:lol Charley's chaufer!

Anyways, Charley, like I said, give me a call and let me know what may be going down once the time draws closer. I can always skip out of work early if need be. :)

OH! What day would you be staying in LA? Or do you know yet? (Just need to know so I don't choose that day to take my car in for an iol change or carpool to work).

Phantom
Feb 8th, 2005, 12:16:38 AM
When will you be in Oakland?

Sanis Prent
Feb 8th, 2005, 12:17:30 AM
If I leave on thursday, that'll put me in Phoenix on Saturday, and I'll be there all day most likely. So then I get into LA on Sunday or Monday depending, and spend a day there also, I think.

If I leave on Friday, make it Monday or Tuesday.

Originally posted by Phantom
When will you be in Oakland?

Next Thursday probably.

General Dan
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:23:39 PM
Oh, and it looks like I'll just be passing through Los Angeles. The only thing I can say is that we might be able to schedule a meal together, but I don't know how feasable that'll be.

AmazonBabe
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:41:23 PM
Ah, ok. Well, like I said, call me, and we'll see if we can work something out.

General Dan
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:17:26 PM
Okay. I'll probably be in Los Angeles Monday or Tuesday, at probably 1 or 2 PM.

AmazonBabe
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:05:52 PM
:lol Right in the middle of the day. Figures.

I'll let my boss know the situation. If it happens Monday, I wouldn't be able to do it as that time is smack dab in the middle of a meeting I'll be taking care of. If it happens on Tuesday, then I'll more than likely be able to get away for a couple of hours.

Callomas Savoc
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:18:47 AM
Rie, expect Tuesday, I think. If we pull out early, I'll let you know my ETA.

BYE GUYS!

At any rate, I'd love to hear from you folks if you can. Here's my cell phone number:

(205) 515-6113

Give me a call! It'll help keep me awake on the road ;)

Oh and bye s'Il :love be sweet while I'm gone :)

Callomas Savoc
Feb 20th, 2005, 08:23:50 PM
Thanks for giving me a call, you buttholes :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:17:40 PM
wooohooo Charley's back!

Callomas Savoc
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:26:17 PM
don't try to play sweetheart with me you butt

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:30:37 PM
I like to think of it as sweet sweet vengeance being visited upon you for not being here for Valentine's :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:31:57 PM
Originally posted by Callomas Savoc
don't try to play sweetheart with me you butt

What? You never asked me to CALL you. I thought that number was for the people you were going to be driving BY. You never came NEAR me.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:49:34 PM
Hey, I called.

Callomas Savoc
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:55:19 PM
Yep. You and Christin are cool :)

Pierce Tondry
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:56:24 PM
I had no voice and was pretty busy, hence I missed the entire thread. But I'll holler you up on your next trip.