PDA

View Full Version : -The Journey-

Zereth Lancer
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:45:34 PM
The small transport ship, The Hapan Princess, flew through space. Its destination: the mysterious planet Barask.

only two passengers where on that ship. The first, Zereth Lancer, A tall, black haired man, with glowing red eyes and a dark aura about him. The second one, Jorshal Velentun, A young man, with great skill and a promising future. They both where sith, one a Knight and the other an Apprentice. The younger had been impressed with the skill of the older and had wished to become like him. Zereth told the lad of Barask, The delicate, lowtech planet on the border of the unknown region.

The ship rumbled softly through space. Zereth was silent the whole trip and Jorshal was bust reading a datapad of a short account of the history of Barask. After several hours the pilot announced through the ship's comm system "Approuching Yamato Station. We wil be docking shorty."

The ship flew about the small space station until it was given clearence to enter the docking bay. The Hapan Princess flew gracefuly into the docking bay and set down on the smooth black floor "We have landed. You are free to leave" The pilot said, using the ship's comm system again.

"Lets go" Zereth said before standing up and grabbing a big, heavy, black bag from the ground and slipping it onto his shoulder. He waited for Jorshal to gather his things and then they made their way off the ship and toward the next step of their journey.

The had to walk completely around the station to get to the second docking bay, that held shuttles for people to take down to the planet's surface. There where rules to follow before boarding a shuttle. First: Barask was a low tech planet and the people of Barask had asked that anyone that visit's their planet to bring no technology higher then their own. They liked their way of life and wanted it to stay the way it was, without other people bringing their gadgetes to their pure planet.

Zereth had told Jorshal this and the lad shouldn't have anything that would break this rule. Zereth himself visited the planet often and knew what to and not to bring with him. among the things he regretted leaving behind was light lightsabre.

He turned his head to look at Jorshal as they neared the security stop before the shuttle bay "You did remember not to bring anything high tech with you?"

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:35:05 PM
He grabbed his bag, it wasn't much, but it was enough. "Nope. I left it all behind. Don't want to hinder my chances, you know?" He said from right behind Zereth. He walked by a window which featured the sphere called Barask. "So that's it. Wow. Nothing lke Coruscant or anything." He stopped behind Zereth as they came to a checkpoint.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:20:14 PM
Zereth handed the man his bag and the guard ran it though a scanner "Your bag is fine" He said before pulling out a smaller scanner and moving it around Zereth's body "Your clear" He then did the same this with Jorshal's bag and body "Ok, you are both clear, Have a nice visit."

Zereth said nothing as he picked up his bag again and headed further down the corridor, with Jorshal on his heels. The two sith soon arrived in a smaller docking bay that had a few small shuttles in it. The sith boarded one of the shuttles and the pilot quickly took off and headed planetside.

The shuttle had a large transparisteel windows in the shuttle so that the passengers could get a breathtaking veiw of the beautiful green and blue planet "What do you think Jorshal? Dosn't it look like a lovely place?"

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:15:22 PM
Jorshal had an idea of what happened on the planet and lovely wasn't his immediate choice of word. Then again, it was lovely in its own way. "Yeah, I guess it is." he said and glared out the window for a moment's more. "How long did you say you spent on there, again?" He asked.

Jorshal was semi-used to not living with much technology, but this planet didn't seem to have any. "I mean, wasn't it difficult?

Zereth Lancer
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:48:58 PM
Jorshal had an idea of what happened on the planet and lovely wasn't his immediate choice of word. Then again, it was lovely in its own way. "Yeah, I guess it is." he said and glared out the window for a moment's more. "How long did you say you spent on there, again?" He asked.

Jorshal was semi-used to not living with much technology, but this planet didn't seem to have any. "I mean, wasn't it difficult?

"I spent many years, three or four years I think" Zereth said as he looked out the window at the closest thing he had to a home planet "It was difficult at first. But it got easier as time went by."

The shuttle soon entered the Planet's atmosphere and made its way to the small landing area that had been disignated by the people of Barask for the shuttles to land on. The two sith crimbed out of the shuttle and set foot on the rich soil of Barask. The ground around the landing area was covered with thick green grass and tall trees grew here and there. A failt breeze blew through the air.

Zereth took in a deep breath of the fresh air "We better get moving. Its a two day journey to the land of Clan Zen. We will go through Scarley City on the way."

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:17:07 PM
He readjusted his bag over his shoulder. "Scarley City, huh? Sounds exciting..." He replied and followed behind. Soon it became apparent that they weren't going to take a speeder or any other method of transportation as everyone else was on foot as well. He didn't say anything because he didnt want to give Zereth the wrong impression that Jorshal was lazy.

As they walked he checked out the scenery, which seemed to pass by all too slow. The trees were huge, the grass was green. Barask was unlike anything he had experienced before. Occasionally he would glance at Zereth's back. He felt odd not trying to make conversation, but maybe Zereth didn't want it as he hadn't started it himself. Jorshal quickly checked his thoughts, he was starting to sound ridiculous to himself. Again he turned to the scenery and caught a few birds flying from one of the tall trees.

"So what are the animals like? Anything big?"

Zereth Lancer
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:52:10 PM
Zereth turned his head to look over his shoulder "Nothing much around here. Once we get in the forets then we'll need to keep our eyes open" He said as he walked. The walked for a few hours, taking breaks now and then, and soon arrived at the massive wall that surounded Scarlet city.

The two sith walked around the wall until they found the large metal gate that led into the city. The buildings inside the city where tall and magnificantm. Made of a red colored stone blocks that where the cuase of the City's name. Crowds of people filled the streats. Some walked while other's rode on carts pulled by big grey four legged animals "What do you think Jorshal? We are standing in the largest and greatest city on all of Barask."

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:37:49 AM
"Impressive." He said simply as he gazed up at one of the great buildings, shielding his eyes from the sun. He then turned as a pulled cart passed him by. He looked around a little more and found a few shops here and there offerign food or supplies. The more he looked around the more he realized that they might be the only off-world tourists; if you would label him that. There wasn't even an alien in sight.

"So who's possession is the city in? I think you mentioned clans before. Is it one of theirs?"

Zereth Lancer
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:14:08 PM
"This is the capital city of Clan Ky, the largest and most powerful of the clans" Zereth said as he took another look around the city "We don't have all day to stand here and stare. We want to get to Valendale Forest before dark" He put his words into action by starting to walk again.

They had entered through the west gate and left through the east gate. It did not take them long to pass through the city and where soon walking down a dirt road. Zereth's eyes looked everywhere as they walked and his hand always rested on the hilt of his short sword that was resting at his side. News of war between the black clans and the clans of the untited had been going around for some time. So far nothing has happened. But it never hurt to be careful.

After a few hours the two sith entered the dark and gloomy forest. The sun was going down and soon there would be no more light "We'll set up camp here" Zereth said indicating a large bare spot of ground near a flowing creek. The two sith quickly gathered dry wood off the ground and soon a fire was blazing.

Strange noises came from the bushes on the edge of the clearing as the two sith ate a small meal of sweet tasting bread, which Zereth had gotten as they where leaving Scarlet city, and water from the nearby creek. Zereth paid the noises no attention and wrapped his blanket, around himself and sat down with his back to the fire and facing the darkness behind the flame. His sheathed Katana layed on the ground next to him.

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:14:43 PM
No big animals around. He reminded himself. But then again, maybe htat pertained to the plains. Jorshal took one last sip of water and lied down facing the opposite darkness. It was strange how the darkness could play tricks on one's mind. He supposed that there could be clan members out there, lurking around. But if there were then Zereth might not have picked this spot. He chased away the paranoid thoughts and closed his eyes, drifting to sleep easily after a long days walk.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:44:24 PM
Morning finaly came and Zereth quickly shook Jorshal awake and started packing up the blankets and other things they had used last night. He strapped his Katana only his back and after refilling their cantines at the stream, started down the narrow path that had been worth into the ground. They walked for a few hours before the forest started getting less dense. More and more sunlight was comming in between the gaps in the tree tops and small bushes and clumps of grass grew where the sunlight reached the ground.

They walked a little further and then the trees opened up to reveal a large open area where the trees had been cut back. In the middle of the clearing was a large stone building,, almost looking like a temple of some sort, it was several stories tall and very big. It looked old with vines that grew up the sides and many places where the stones where cracked or damaged.

"Here we are. clan Zen's largets Dojo of ninjustu, And the place where I was trained" He turned his head to look back at Jorshal "This is the most important place to me besides the sith order. This is the place that where a lost young man found a purpose again" He turned to look back at the temple.

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:22:27 PM
He wanted to inquire about Zereth's referance to his personal history, but refrained and looked up at the temple. The immensity of it placed him in awe, the engineer of the building must have been a genius. Zereth was trained here, but did he live there? Jorshal wondered to himself if the next segemnt of his training was going to completely happen within this building.

"Am I allowed inside?" He asked. It seemed like a silly question, but the building gave off a sort of holy feel.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:35:27 PM
Zereth grinned a little "As long as they know your with me they shouldn't have a problem" He said before starting down the path toward the temple. It only took them a few minutes to reach it and they quickly climbed up the stone steps that led to the larger stone door. Two men stood on each side of the door. They wore a light black cloth tunics with a sword at their sides.

They payed no attention to the two sith and kept looking straight ahead. Zereth walked up to the door and ran his hand over the symbols that where inscribed in the stone, as if reading them with his hands. He smiled and pushed the heavy doors open.

Through the doors was a large stone floored room with a large fountain in the middle. The room had a few occupants, dressed in cloths in the shades of red, grey, black, and white. They turned to look at the sith before turning back to their conversations.

A short man with greying hair moved toward the sith and greated them with a bow and a smile "Welcome" The man said in good basic. Most people who came to Barrask expected all the population to speak some crude language. But their own language did not differ that much from Basic and when the explorers started coming the people of Barask quickly adopted Basic as their language. Though there are still individuals who prefere to speak their original langauge. "Is there anyhing I can do for you?"

"Yes" Zereth said with a return bow"I would like to speak with the Master Sensei" The short man nodded his head and walked out though the large door way on the wall opposite the door that the sith had entered through.

In a few moments a short man with a bald head and a large grey beard appeared in the doorway and made his way to where Zereth and Jorshal stood. Zereth moved forward and embraced the old man in a loving hug "Sensei, I have returned. As I said I would" He said as he released his grip on the man and stood back. "My boy has returned" The Sensei said "And looks more a man then when he left."

The Sensei noticed Jorshal "And who is this young man?" Zereth looked over at Jorshal "This is a apprentice of the order that I joined. He has come here to ask for training amoung the people of clan Zen. He is very skilled already but he wishes to expand his skill level. Do you think this could happen?"

The Sensei rubbed his beard as he thought "I see no problem with this. I will sommon one of the white ones to give him training as soon as possible" The Sensei clapped his hands and the short grey haired man appeared again "Please sommon Hayate" The Sensei said and the short man bowed and left.

In a short while the short man returned with another man following behind him. The man wore a white ninja garb, similar to the one that Zereth wore now. He had peircing blue eyes and a scar that ran from his left cheek up his face and disapeared into his dark hair. "This is Hayate. He will be responsible for teaching the young lad. Now Zereth, I want to hear all about you adventures since you left Barask those years ago."

Zereth and the Sensei walked off, leaving Jorshal and Hayate standing next to each other.

OOC: You can play Hayate and do all your training stuff. Zereth might pop back into the thread at some point and after you've finished your training stuff in this thread then I'll get around to starting the thread where the black clan's attack (Zereth will take place in that thread)

Jorshal Vuntana
Feb 26th, 2005, 04:11:05 PM
Day 1

I'm keeping a journal of my training so I don't forget the experience. Not that I would normally. It's more of a referance I guess. His mother had always told him to keep a journal but he never listened. It wasn't until after his time living at the Sith palace that he regretted it.

My first day was tough, tougher than any practice I've had at the Order. I puked when we ran but my sensei didn't. That man is tougher than he looks. We fought and I can't believe he kept up with me. It was like he knew my moves before I did. I'll beat him soon though. I swear it.

The food here is wierd too. It's good. But its not like anything back on Corellia, or anywhere else I've been. I'll get used to it I'm sure. But the utencils... I don't know about those. That's something new altogether.

The people are stange too. I look like none of them and they're so regimented; even in eating. I'll be damned if I start acting like them. Anyway, I'm going to sleep. I have an early practice tomorrow and sensei says its supposed to last all day. I knew this whole hting would be hard, but this is more than I expected.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:47:17 PM
Day 8

So it's been a while since I've written, but I've been so busy. My hands ache like never before so I can't write. My whole body aches. I thought I knew rigorous training at the Order, but this is a world of its own.

THis may have been a bad idea. I'm going to give it some time, but I really don't see things improving. My sensei barks orders at me. Tells me to do these repetitive, meaningless exercises while he puts all the attention to his other students. He teaches them how to fight and how to be great while I run with pails of water. If I spill a drop I stand there with my arms out holding chunks of stone. I really don't see things getting better.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:55:13 PM
Day 14

I barely want to write today, but I should. So I've been made the example of the group. First I was blocking practice hits from the other students. Then Sensei told me to spar with him for a moment. I thought I could really handle him, I mean, I've fought a Jedi before! He managed to twist my arm, elbow my jaw and sweep my legs out from beneth me in less than a second. I could tell the other students were holding in laughter. I hate them.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:04:31 PM
Day 18

I should have brought one of those voice recording journals from Corellia. My hands hurt so much from two days ago. Sensei had me punch a thick bundle of sticks. It should have been easy. If I was at full strength I could have been able to do it. But he weakens me down with meaningless exercises to embarress me in front of the others. Today one of them called me the "unnative." I think that's why they don't like me so much. It's fine though. I hate them back. All of them.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:17:47 PM
Day 21

Sensei told me to spar with one of the other fighters today. I beat him! It was one of this little group that keeps picking on me. I swear he said unnative to me before we started. I guess he didn't know he was messing with a Sith. If he knew what a Sith was. On the downside, Sensei didn't seem to pleased about it. I was punching that bundle of sticks again. My fingers are still bleeding. The sores crack when I bend them. But this was worth writing about.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:22:38 PM
Day 26

Two days ago I almost drowned. It has been raining here for about two days and the pond is getting deep. I ate my lunch outside under the porch roof and that group I talked about showed up. They pushed me in the pond and jumped in, holding me under. I managed to fight them off. I doubt I hurt them.

My sensei didn't show any sympathy either. All he could say was "survival of the fittest" when I mentioned it. Then he put me to work climbing a tree with my hands. I hate this place and all of those who inhabit it.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:37:49 PM
Day 30

The past two days have been the most miserable of my entire life. I was placed in front of a large stone, about up to my hips. Sensei had me roll it up a hill about half a mile away from the temple. I had it by midday, but it slipped from my grasp and fell to the bottom. Again, I did it but it fell. I finally got it on my thrid try and by then it was early in the next morning.

Sensei had me back on that bundle of sticks, which I swear he has added to. This training doesn't let up. One of these days I'm not going to show up to training and see what he says then. It can't be worse then the punishment he puts me up to already.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:42:06 PM
Day 34

I was put on the rock again. This time I had to bring it to the top twice. I missed all the meals that day. I'm starving and there is nothing to eat around here. Maybe if I went out and tried to hunt something. But then again I don't know anything about the animals here.

I'm tired and hungry. I'm going to sleep. More training in five hours.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:53:24 PM
Day 38
I have been eating so little these past days. Sensei is assigning me to these day long chores. I swear I'm going to die here. I'm going to hunt tonight. I have some time to do so and I keep hearing this animal prowling around in the woods. I can do this. I need food. I'm not going to let these maniacs kill me with chores.

Mayeb I really should leave. I want to, but then I don't want to let Zereth down. Tough choices.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:04:34 PM
Day 39

I caught the animal. It was a lanky four legged creature. Strange how such a vicious sound could come from it. But I cooked it outside and spent my whole night doing so. I ate like a king and I know that every other student saw it or at least smelt it. They know that I, Jorshal Vuntana, went out and fended for myself instead of waiting to be fed what was givin to me. I've only got an hour left before I need to get up and 'train'. At least I can do it with a smile on my face.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:04:52 PM
Day 43

Sensei wasn't pleased wqith my actions. But he did say there wasn't anything in the law that prohibited it, so I'm on the safe side. Well I thought that. He's been forcing me into such hard training exercises these past few days. Though I ate big once, I'm feeling weak again. Sensei makes me weak and seems to enjoy it.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:05:11 PM
Day 50

I barely want to write. I have barely been able to keep my eyes open these past days. But I'm learning to survive here.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:07:19 PM
Day 54

I went hunting again and got a smaller animal. It still filled my belly and I feel a little better. I need some sleep so desperately though. I suppose I'll be glad I wrote in this journal later. Now it feels useless. Unless it would be good to tell you about how I ran every moment the sun was up.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:07:53 PM
Day 60

Sixty days feels like 60 years. It's become like a prison with my pride as the guard. I don't want to leave, but I do. I don't see how this ridiculous stuff leads to someone being as great as Zereth. I'm sure it does somehow, but I just don't see it.

I wonder where I'll be in sixty days then. Hopefully a better place than this.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:03:53 PM
Day70

I haven't written in so long. It's time to face the facts: I'm not a writer. I really don't know what to write, the so called activities I partake in are boring to say the least. My training is tough, but it hasn't gotten any tougher. It's become more repetitive and I almost wish it did get harder. It'd be more interesting and my mind wouldn't seem liek ti was turning to mush.

I'm beginning to master the boulder trick. I'm using the Force, which I barely have a control over, and something tells me I might be cheating. Personally, I really don't care. I'm using the assets that I have. What's wrong with that? I'm sure sensei would find plenty.

He's got me working on new exercises now, they're just as dull and as easy as the others. I wonder if He's going to change it up sometime soon. Or even better, when is he going to upgrade me to one of the students I see in the uniforms. The ones that look like they're really training.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:05:51 PM
Day81

So things took to a change for the apparent worse. I'm training with the uniformed men now, except I'm their dummy. For non-force users, they sure can hit hard. My body is bruised and swollen. Maybe Sensei has finally decided to kill me. Or at least try.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:08:19 PM
Day 89

I have a day off. Sort of. I have the morning to myself and for some reason I can't sleep. Maybe all the waking up early and 'training' has found its way to my core. I'm so beaten right now. I hurts to even write. For the past week I've stood there to take hits from the uniformed men and instructed not to block or fight back. It's so stupid. I don't see any logic in it.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:12:20 PM
Day 100

I fought back today. Well, more like three days ago. I crushed the guy I fought against. I couldn't tell through the mask, but I think it was the guys that have been teasing me. It was just the way he called me 'the outsider' after sensei had pulle dme off of him. Sensei was furious with me and I soon found myself tied to four stakes in the ground. THey left me there in a field for three days. No food, no water. I still haevn't eaten, but the gathering in the mess hall is soon and I'll be able to get a bite if I try hard enough. Fact is: If I get lined up to get beaten again, I'm fighting back.

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 30th, 2005, 10:34:30 PM
Day 111

Again, I foolishly fought back and found myself tied to the ground yet again. This time for five days. I seriously thought they might have left me out there to die after the third day past. Once again, if they line me up to get hit, I'm fighting. They're not gonna break me.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:21:20 PM
Day 123

I thought 'training' was difficult before, now it seems to have entered a new state of difficulty I thought impossible. I've been deprived of nearly all sleep, forced to endure rigorous tests and exercises, barely fed. The only good news is that I haven't been tied to the ground lately. Mainly because I'm failing to defeat the other warriors. Now the others have a reason to mock me, the Outsider. Its become embaressing to such a degree that I don't know if I can take it.

However, I have made a decision. I'm going to stay here and complete everything, endure everything or die. If I let this training, that which I had begged for, defeat me... I might as well die anyway.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:23:56 PM
Day 131

If I've committed myself to finish or die. This might be the day where one option reaches fufillment. If so, I can at least say I tried my best. I tried to make my mother proud. Where ever she is.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:30:59 PM
Day 190.

Forgive me for not writing, but both my wrists have been broken since a few days after my last entry. My wrists alogn with my right leg and several ribs. To keep it short and the stress on my wrist low, the master fought me to prove a point to the others. What that was, I do not know. They speak in some language I have yet to understand. All I know is that it hurt.

What makes it worse is that on a planet that shuns all modern technology, the injuries were not treated with bacta or anything of the sort. For weeks I lay in the medical faculty with no pain relievers and shoddy bandages over the damaged areas. Everything works relatively well now and I'm glad for the chance to rest up and relax. I've been doing quite a bit of reading, nothing anyone might recognize reading this. All the written work is physically on sheets of paper and bound together. Books. I've never actually read one until now. Even then, the subject wasn't anything of importance. More of it like a history of the people and culture. It's given me a few ideas, though, I'm most willing to try them out as soon as my 'training' resumes in a few days.