PDA

View Full Version : TSO, Rivin and his characters:

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:27:33 PM
As you may not have noticed, we're trying to advance the Imperial cause and get some major RPs done in the Senate. The Senate takes FOREVER, I know, but some of Rivin's RPs are catapulting forward in time, and that should be reined back a bit, or maybe put into a feasible timeline so that all (NR, Imperial and Sith) know what's going on.

As it stands now, your 'apology' has come out just AFTER the senate thread that is still yet to be completed. Therefore it comes out while the NR is mustering ships, which hasn't been RPed yet.

When does Rivin's banishment happen in relation to these things?

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:04:06 PM
Rivin's banishment takes place just before the apology, and the further threads - bombing some city on Corellia and so forth - take place two days after the banishment. The meeting that Rasha started takes place two days after that.

^all that is AFAIK. I've been nastily busy the last few days.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 5th, 2005, 03:59:55 PM
Okay.

If the 'memo' he sent went to every non-Sith household, it's feasible that it might find it's way to NR hands a few days later, yes no? A transmission that broad would be hard to confine, and the people of Corellia aren't going to be exactly... happy about what it says. Logically someone might manage to get it out of the system to the NR.

With TSO's permission.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:16:42 PM
Ask Rie and Jen. I'm a very junior Elder :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:32:21 PM
Well that's why I posted it here, so everyone can read it. :mneh

edit: Savor these times, Je'gan. I was a council member once... ah the good old days. ;) Next thing you know you'll have tried to sieze control for yourself and they'll be giving you the boot - so enjoy this while it lasts.

:p

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:09:24 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Okay.

If the 'memo' he sent went to every non-Sith household, it's feasible that it might find it's way to NR hands a few days later, yes no? A transmission that broad would be hard to confine, and the people of Corellia aren't going to be exactly... happy about what it says. Logically someone might manage to get it out of the system to the NR.

With TSO's permission.

That sounds plausible to me!

... but I would ask Rie ^_^;

Rasha Vill
Feb 7th, 2005, 01:48:46 PM
Sorry for any confusion, but the Message Rivin sent out wer all on data pads and hand delivered to each house by his thugs or driods. Though it is still posable that a Pad gets off planet and in the hands of the Republic.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:39:03 PM
Indeed. It makes no difference whatsoever how the message was transmitted: one way or another, odds dictate that it will leak.

And Lil...first thing I thought of when I realized they were making Knights Elders was...well, Lilaena De'Ville. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:08:01 PM
I'm famous! :o

(let's not get into how impossible it would be for all those millions of datapads to be hand delievered.)

Southstar
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:05:01 PM
(let's not get into how impossible it would be for all those millions of datapads to be hand delievered.)

Yeah, I was about to say...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:11:06 PM
Or that imformation on a datapad would be simple to copy and transmit however the sender wanted, just about as easily as recording a transmission and re-transmitting.

Rasha Vill
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:32:20 AM

It really would not be that hard. 10 people for each city each(Excluding Coronet) with 10 Droids each at their disposal, If you know that once it Hits Coronet (The only BIG city on Corellia) TSO will find out about it, then you leave that city for last. One day and night you get them handed out over all the other cities, and then the next night you get as many as you can in Coronet, and do a Blitz hand out that night.

(I hope that makes some sence)

And I didn't say that the Whole planet got one, just as far as Rasha knows she thinks the whole planet got one. They might have just done one per building hopeing that the news will spread quickly, Who knows...

And yes the pad could easly be copied and transmited of planet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 8th, 2005, 05:34:20 PM
Well, so how many did you hand out? If we say that Corellia has... 200 cities... and you've got ten people with ten droids each for each city... That's 110 beings/droids handing out these datapads in each city.

That's 22,000 people/droids on the planet, all working for Rivin and handing out datapads. If they all hand out 100 pads each, that's 2,200,000 datapads. And, this would only be 11 thousand datapads per city of probably millions of people.

If each datapad costs 10 credits and each person/droid hands out 100, that would cost 22 million credits. Let's not get into how much he'd have to pay the 2 thousand people to work all day and night, plus transportation fees to get them all over the planet with their 20 thousand droids. So, Rivin is now broke, or else has an impossible amount of money that amounts to godmoding.

I'm just saying it'd be cheaper to take over the airwaves and hijack a holonews station. ;)

Gash
Feb 8th, 2005, 06:40:30 PM
TRIUMPH OF THE MAHT!

Southstar
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:28:58 PM
Well whatever. Let's just leave things as they are and just be more careful next time.

Salem Ave
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:51:25 PM
Originally posted by Southstar
Well whatever. Let's just leave things as they are and just be more careful next time.

Or not.

Southstar
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:32:40 PM
It has already been RPed in and its probably not worth the mess as the same results would happen anyway.

Rasha Vill
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:54:54 PM
I guess it could have been transmited, and rasha just doesn't know how they got past her people, and is using the excuse that they were hand delivered as a reason why her people didn't catch it. All Rasha knows is what was on the datapad when the people handed it to her.

She really doesn't know how it got there. I'm willing to work with changes.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:08:07 PM
Pretty bad excuse, but right in character with Rasha. I'd go with that.

Lady Vader
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:03:45 PM
Ask Rie and Jen. I'm a very junior Elder :D

... but I would ask Rie ^_^;

Why do I get the feeling some ppl fear me? :p

Ok, seriously, yeah, I have no prob with the info having gotten out to the NR. What with everything that's happening, a little more <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> hitting the fan ain't gonna cause a crap-load of difference (no pun intended).

That said, the whole discussion about the datapads is somewhat nill at this point, but I do agree an airwave hijack would have been more plausible. But, eh.