PDA

View Full Version : Katamari Damacy(PS2)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:12:47 PM
This has got to be one of the most interesting puzzle games I have ever seen in my entire life. Period.

You are the Prince of all Cosmos, and it is up to you to fix your dad's mistake. The King of all Cosmos breaks all the stars in the sky, and it is up to you to help him recreate them.

Therefore, you go to Earth and roll a ball around, getting as many things to stick to it as possible until the ball reaches a certain size. Then the King of all Cosmos turns the ball of junk into a star.

The controls involve only the two analog sticks, making for very basic, yet challenging gameplay.

As the ball gets bigger, the perspective on the screen changes. So what was once a blue ramp at the beginning of the stage later on becomes a pair of jeans.

My mind is blown away watching this game. I feel like I shouldn't be so incredibly intrigued by this game, but I am. Has anyone else played it?

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:11:57 PM
the only puzzle game that doesn't suck is Prince of Persia and that is only partially one.

Mandy with an I
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:14:47 PM
I havent played it, but it looks cool. By cool, I mean weird and not difficult to play. :lol

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:21:04 PM
Originally posted by Drake Shadowstalker
the only puzzle game that doesn't suck is Prince of Persia and that is only partially one. You have never played four player Chu Chu Rocket or experinced the glory that is Kaegero: Deception.

Katamari Damacy is on my list of games to play when I get around to it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:03:49 AM
No offense, but this game sounds incredibly stupid, and boring. You roll a ball around to get things to stick to it? There must be more to it than that. Isn't there?

Mitch
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:55:28 AM
It is unbelievably addictive, honestly.

I had just as hard a time putting it down as when I got Poy Poy, the best game ever for the PS1. So simple, yet so much fun.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:41:11 AM
Well, let's just say that the first time you see a small child get absorbed into the gigantic snowballing mass it gets much much less boring. :)

also, some levels require you to recreate constellations by collecting a given number of certain items.

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:53:22 AM
sounds like the most boring game anyone could possibly play. i need action and crap.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:42:01 PM
sounds like the most boring game anyone could possibly play. i need action and crap.

Alien vs. Predator

Morgan Evanar
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:22:29 AM
sounds like the most boring game anyone could possibly play. i need action and crap. You're failing to differentiate between action and violence. It's not like making constellations with this ball lacks frantic energy. You should give things a try before dismissing them outright.

Anuis Ma'artra
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:33:39 AM
If I had a PS2 I'd buy this game in a heartbeat. I was looking over the screen shots at Penny Arcade about a month or two ago when they did their review of it. It just looks like it would be hilarity squared.

I mean come on who here hasn't wanted to go to a Kindergarden with a weird ball of cosmic energy and absorb some 35 kids into it and then give it to the Cosmos King to turn it into a supernova!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:22:55 PM
Hmm you have a point. Mebbe I should connive my husband into buying it. ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:08:16 PM
I finished the game tonight. The last level is absolutely histerical! That's all I'm going to say about that. I'll probably go back and finesse my game later just for fun.

The first time around you learn the level, the second time around, you kick the ever-lovin' snot out of it. Rolling up people's children, cars, buildings, is great.

Shawn
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:05:55 AM
I'm kind of interested in this from the word of mouth alone. Unfortunately, I don't spend much time with my dilapidated PS2 these days.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:42:34 PM
I don't play this game enough. Two player mood is cool though. Rolling up the other person and their ball of stuff is fun. :D

"I feel it. I feel the cosmos..."

The story line to it (or lack there of) is absolutely histerical. Oh, and how can you not love the intro music!? So catchy. So... awesome.

Shawn
Mar 6th, 2005, 05:23:41 PM
Finally got around to buying this. It's incredibly addictive and the tunes are catchy.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=709888