PDA

View Full Version : Important information regarding the CIS

Charley
Jan 30th, 2005, 11:43:24 PM
Figured you guys might want to be clued in on this :)

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37784

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 31st, 2005, 12:52:48 AM
Oooooh. Sounds interesting. :D

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:58:47 PM
thats good, it would just be boring to have a two sided war, the more people, the more carnage, yay.

Sanis Prent
Feb 1st, 2005, 07:50:09 PM
Anything you guys might like doing to hasten this along? Provocation, etc?

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:45:34 PM
You mean like a pre-emptive strike, I dont know as most of our officers are occupied. Diplomatically im sure some of the senator characters could rig up something.

Reshmar
Feb 1st, 2005, 10:52:11 PM
have the imps frame the NR for an attack. sounds like something they would do

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 1st, 2005, 11:15:03 PM
i forgot, weren't we allied with the Cizerack at one point?

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Feb 1st, 2005, 11:39:31 PM
No, its been a protracted case of uneasy neutrality since the formation of the New Republic.

The whole thing stems from some backstory I wrote, in which there was a fairly bloody brushfire war in the Clone War era Old Republic. The Cizerack, as well as the Confederacy, have never fully cooled in a sense of paranoia and hostility as a result.

It's a Red China parallel. They trade with the NR and Empire plenty, but there is no love lost at all.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:05:30 AM
Hmmmmm....I think that a routine trade interdiction could turn quite nasty if we decided that CIS ships were carrying contraband into NR ports...or vice versa.

Is there anything highly illegal that the CIS transports onto New Republic worlds? Such a thing would likely have heavy security, and I think if New Republic Customs Frigates attempted to interdict that cargo, we could have something a la the Cuban Missile Crisis on our hands...especially if the CIS ships were interdicted along the CIS/NR Border.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:11:50 AM
Officially, no. They don't deal in illicit trade. Unofficially, I am sure the Hutts and other less ethical members of the Confederacy are more than a little involved with it on the down-low.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:23:49 AM
Hmmm....I'll think about it for a bit and get back to you. I think it's likely that the "spark" for hostilities will come out of trade disputes or customs issues, rather than something genuinely militaristic, such as a proposed invasion.

Perhaps even an NR-enforced quarantine of a CIS world, because we didn't want a disease there getting out. Anything could work, really.

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:20:09 PM
lol if we make it like the Cuban Missile Crises we cant call it a blockade because thats an actual act of war and we and we want to make it seem like we're not really at war yet.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:02:42 AM
Can't call it, even if it is. They called it "quarantine" I believe. May I offer a suggestion:

If the NR gets wind of say a massive, illegal, shipment of arms to a system by the Hutt's in CIS they'd want to do something about it. But rather than cause a war over it by blockading a member world and impounding the CIS ships they create a pretext to shut off the system. Say a plague of some sort. CoS under an appropriate Act orders the border closed and the fleet deploys ships and an Interdiction field to stop vessels entering the system- "For the health of everyone". CIS ships try to run the blockade and things get tense.

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:21:05 PM
I like that idea. The Senate could get involved with CIS reps who are agnry that the NR has seized their ships.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:31:42 PM
That sounds like an excellen idea, Tiberius. We'll see how Charley likes it, but otherwise I'd be good with that. Are the weapons being shipped to a designated faction, such as Rebels or Arms Dealers, or are they just being shipped illegally?

I think that the weapons being shipped would provide the appropriate trigger, regardless of who they were being shipped to. We might even be able to give NR Intelligence a cameo in this one. :lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:29:39 PM
we could make them stolen NR weapons which would make the situation even more tense.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:37:15 PM
How about something a little more timely and topical?

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37792

War on Terror, anyone? >D

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:27:15 AM
Oooooh!

Screw the interdiction! That sounds like more fun! ^_^;

TieFighterPilot181st
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:11:42 PM
That does sound quite interesting. Who would RP that from the NR side?