PDA

View Full Version : Promotion to Master?

Rognan Dar
Jan 30th, 2005, 12:18:22 AM
Now, I was looking, and thinking, that we dont have many master ranked people around. Now, I know the rank has nothing to do with the person, but to say that we now only have like three Masters it just seems weird. So, I wanted to know what the rules were on promotions to master and so forth. Because I think, in my own oppinion, that there could be a few exceptable of this title.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 30th, 2005, 04:15:34 AM
So, I wanted to know what the rules were on promotions to master and so forth.

GJO (outdated?) website say:

Q: How can I become a Jedi Master?
A: Becoming a Jedi Master is a difficult task, for even the most dedicated Jedi. Many try and never succeed. There is no list of requirements, no training regimen to follow, no specific path or journey to undertake. The rank of Jedi Master is bestowed upon those who have exceeded expectation and have earned the respect and admiration of their fellow Jedi. It is a subjective process, one that undertaken by the current Jedi Masters when they believe a person may be worthy of the honor. If deemed worthy, the person is subjected to a trial... a task or test that is meant to push the candidate beyond his/her limits. If the candidate succeeds, he/she is acknowledged as a true Jedi Master, and welcomed into a very select circle of people to have earned the title.

Figrin D'an
Jan 30th, 2005, 10:16:18 AM
The FAQ is current on this, and everything else. Basically, the current masters get together and come up with a way to test the person they believe to be ready.

It has been a while since anyone has been promoted to master, and yes, there might be a couple that should be considered.

James Prent
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:14:36 PM
Anbira isn't even on the list. Is Charley still RPing as him...anywhere?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:38:30 PM
Anbira isn't a Jedi Master, AFAIK.

AmazonBabe
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:09:04 PM
After TSO and his whole amnesia, and when he came back to the GJO, I think he came back as a Knight rather than Master. Though don't quote me on that. Best to ask him.

James Prent
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:11:24 PM
Well, Charley never responded to the roll call a few months back.

Rognan Dar
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:11:18 PM
Well, at this rate, we might not have many masters to vote or provide a trial. I dont want to slam the people that have left for RL reason, I know how it is. But if they are not coming back and if others start dropping, then we are stuck with a bunch of knights who then raise themselves up to that rank because there is no one else. I was mostly wondering how it went. But I, personally, think that there should be a few more masters then has been. After all, its just a title to show that they are skilled, not that they are skilled because of their title.

James Prent
Feb 1st, 2005, 01:15:44 AM
It's one thing to say "we need more masters" but quite another to have qualified people to fill those places that are empty. You can't just arbitrarily promote people because you're low on a certain position.

I mean, you should know how it turns out when people get ranks they haven't earned. Which is why it's up to the current masters to pick who's ready, and up to us not to bug 'em about it. :)

Rognan Dar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:19:26 PM
I know, I know. But I have never seen someone be titled to master before, so I have no idea how it is done. And I'm not saying that we need to master people just because we dont have any. I'm just pointing out that there is, in fact, very few when, IMO, there should be a few more then we have.

James Prent
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:43:53 AM
not trying to be an pain in the neck, but like Figrin said the <a href=http://www.thegjo.com/faq.htm>FAQ</a> is up to date on promotion policy.

Granted, it's kinda hard to find. The faq, that is.

edit: n/m I'm an idiot, it's really easy to find.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:54:00 AM
I dunno.. I was always of the opinion that when it happens.. it happens :) Yeah, promotions havent happened in awhile and I know for the longest of times Marcus always did them but that was changed to just the current Masters so there was more imput.

as for anbira =P he didnt post the bastard :lol