PDA

View Full Version : A Spoiler to make you cry!

Jedieb
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:43:15 AM
Don't know about you, but Obi-Wan's expression makes me choke up. :cry
http://img187.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img187&image=mastersidious0av.jpg&bgc=000000&fgc=000000&bor=00EEEE

I'm guessing that after the Temple massacre, Sidious comes in and gives Anakin a thumbs up on a massacre well done. It could also be from the Mace duel, but the hologram can be more easily explained by Yoda and Obi-Wan watching Temple surveillance video of the massacre. Man, this is going to be so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

JMK
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:45:43 AM
That could be after a couple of sequences, but that is AWESOME.

James Prent
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:28:22 PM
Ack I looked! >_< (LD)

Jedieb
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:17:30 PM
Of course you looked, the Dark Side has you! :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:40:16 PM
LOL well it is a great picture I am really curious at what point in the movie that takes place.

JMK
Jan 29th, 2005, 07:28:00 PM
Not knowing myself when that happens, I'd say about 2/3 of the way through.Once Obi Wan sees this (I imagine Yoda is there with him) Obi Wan decides that he's the one that is going to have to go and stop Anakin himself. Maybe he hears Sidious tell Anakin that as his first mission as his apprentice, he has to go to Mustafar and knock off ALL of the leaders of the separatists. So then Obi Wan would know where to go and look for him.. But that's a total guess.

Darth McBain
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:05:03 AM
Awesome pic... I tried to not be spoiled this time around, but I'm weak and couldn't resist... I don't know exactly at what point that will be, but I agree with you, JMK - I think this is the point that will hammer it home with Obi-Wan that he's the one that has got to put an end to this.

James Prent
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:17:30 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Of course you looked, the Dark Side has you! :evil

Too true. :cry

Jedieb
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:30:02 PM
The boards at TFN seem to have a new picture every day. I saw one today that showed Anakin sitting up in bed after having a nightmare in which he sees Padme die. You can see his robotic arm. It looks different than the one we saw at the end of AOTC.

So, on April 2nd the bulk of the merchandise hits the streets. Anyone else gonig to grab the novelization and devour it?

JMK
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:03:09 PM
Nope, I'll wait until after I see it to read the novelization. I will be picking up some of the toys though.

JediBoricua
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:25:55 PM
Seriously, that picture affects me, really it does.

I'm not going to be hyped, I will beat the hype, I will not be taken by the hype, I am not afraid....

Darth McBain
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:52:15 AM
I'll buy the novelization, but won't read it until after the movie. I'll probably pick up a few toys as well...

Jedieb
Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:19:32 PM
Has anyone else seen the latest spoilers about the Mace V. Palpatine Duel? Basically, Mace shows up with Kit Fisto and a couple of other Jedi to arrest Palpatine. A few months ago, I thought Palpatine was basically going to make short work of Kit and the 2 others, and then basically beat Mace down. I thought Mace needed everthing he had just to keep Palpatine at bay. Then Palpy has him down on his knees and has Anakin finish Mace off. This latest spoiler still has Palpatine make short work of Kit and the 2 other Jedi. Then he and Mace engage in an epic duel where the both of them are evenly matched. Mace cuts Palpatines saber, ala Obi-Wan and Maul, and then Palpy begs for his life. Anakin stops Mace and pleads him to bring Palpatine to trial. Not just because Anakin's feelings for Palp, but because he believes Palpatine can teach Anakin to keep Padme from dying. Something Anakin foresaw in the dream at the beginning of this thread. Mace basically says screw that and raises his lightsaber to end Palpatine, Anakin cuts his hand off, and then Palpy unleashes a brutal Force Lightning attack that sends Mace out the window to his death. Now, I've got a bit of a problem with Mace matching Palpy. Especially when you consider that later on Palpy is going to hand Yoda his nads. If Palpy is just using the battle as a ploy to seduce Anakin then fine. Am I the only one bothered by the idea that Mace could be Sidious equal, but not Yoda?

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:17:20 AM
I really didn't want to read that, but I couldn't stop myself.

I'm not a huge fan of Yoda and him in lightsaber fights, so if Mace has to take his place in RotS somewhat, then I'm all for it.

Now I'm going to have to try and repress this from my memory.

Darth McBain
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:53:35 AM
I too, read it and wished I hadn't, but oh well...

I don't have any issue with Mace and Palpatine being evenly matched. I think that all three of them (Mace, Palpy, and Yoda) will probably be more or less evenly matched. I think that with their skills at such an even level, there's probably an element of luck involved too. It might be that Yoda catches an unlucky break, or that there are other factors involved, which makes it appear that he's not at Palpatine's or Mace's level.

James Prent
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:20:45 PM
HA I didn't read those ones. I will resist... a little...

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:58:40 PM
I'll live vicariously through you...until you cave. Which you inevitably will do... :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:14:18 PM
Yeah I know, but I'll enjoy being 'pure' while it lasts. :mneh

Jedieb
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:10:07 PM
Sorry guys, I guess I should have posted some kind of "Double Secret Spoiler Warning", something that would've made Dean Wormer proud! Remember this though, all spoilers should be taken with a grain of salt. Even if the source is legit, Lucas keeps making changes right up to April. Things can always change.

JMK
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:07:28 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Yeah I know, but I'll enjoy being 'pure' while it lasts. :mneh

Well LD, just so that we don't have you scrolling all over the place, I'll post it again for you:

Mace V. Palpatine Duel? Basically, Mace shows up with Kit Fisto and a couple of other Jedi to arrest Palpatine. A few months ago, I thought Palpatine was basically going to make short work of Kit and the 2 others, and then basically beat Mace down. I thought Mace needed everthing he had just to keep Palpatine at bay. Then Palpy has him down on his knees and has Anakin finish Mace off. This latest spoiler still has Palpatine make short work of Kit and the 2 other Jedi. Then he and Mace engage in an epic duel where the both of them are evenly matched. Mace cuts Palpatines saber, ala Obi-Wan and Maul, and then Palpy begs for his life. Anakin stops Mace and pleads him to bring Palpatine to trial. Not just because Anakin's feelings for Palp, but because he believes Palpatine can teach Anakin to keep Padme from dying. Something Anakin foresaw in the dream at the beginning of this thread. Mace basically says screw that and raises his lightsaber to end Palpatine, Anakin cuts his hand off, and then Palpy unleashes a brutal Force Lightning attack that sends Mace out the window to his death. Now, I've got a bit of a problem with Mace matching Palpy. Especially when you consider that later on Palpy is going to hand Yoda his nads. If Palpy is just using the battle as a ploy to seduce Anakin then fine. Am I the only one bothered by the idea that Mace could be Sidious equal, but not Yoda?

You're right Eb, Lucas likes to tinker with the final print for as long as he possibly can, so a lot of things will vary and change altogether.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:57:42 PM
:duel

You're so mean. :(

:lol

JMK
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:36:07 PM
Did you break yet? :mischief

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:14:15 PM
:uhoh

Nope, not yet. No thanks to you!

JMK
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:44:18 PM
Arrgggh!!! Dammit woman! Give in already! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:20:50 PM
Well, the big blank grey spot is AWFULLY tempting. But, no, not yet. I'll wait a week or so. :p

Rognan Dar
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:08:27 AM
Maybe I could sneak a copy of it, print it, and have her read it off of that...yeah...I like it...wont know what happened until she read to much, then its all over....

Zyon Rouge
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:03:54 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Well, the big blank grey spot is AWFULLY tempting. But, no, not yet. I'll wait a week or so. :p You are strong, but we will break you! >D

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:28:28 AM
Mace out the window to his death.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry why did I read it

JMK
Feb 5th, 2005, 07:25:26 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry why did I read it

I found myself asking the very same thing.:\

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:45:33 PM
AND YOU'RE TRYING TO GET ME TO READ IT?! :verymad

:p

I'll never read it now. And... nice try Rognan, but I know your plans now. >D

Rognan Dar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:27:10 AM
You think you do. That was all a ploy to distract you ro my true cause.