PDA

View Full Version : A new SW game???

Lady Vader
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:11:47 PM
http://lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/

What ya think? Shall we put out hope for it? I mean, it is an RTS (and I personally like RTS games), and the screenshots look pretty nifty... but it is LucasArts, and they've all but crushed me several times now with their "we're making a game! we've canceled the game!"

But, again, it is a SW game, and it's being developed by another company. So...

*shrug*

Yog
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:33:02 PM
Some nice eyecandy. Although it looks a bit cartoony at times, and the game itself needs to be rather fantastic in order for me to get excited about it.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:37:13 PM
Meh, they should've gotten Relic to do it, then I'd be happy. They at least know how to make space/ground combat fun. (Developer of Homeworld and Dawn of War, two amazing games).

I'll give them a tea-spoon of hope. It's easy to make a bad RTS.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jan 28th, 2005, 05:45:49 PM
Some of the screenshots are ok, but aren't the best. Having a better storyline would help more too.

Teleran Balades
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:02:27 PM
I like the variety in the terrain and the units. I agree with khendon though, it is a bit cartoony.

Relic is probably the best choice for RTS (big fan of Homeworld 2 and Dawn of War)

Travis North
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:05:49 PM
It looks alright. It's like a more cartoonish version of FoCom with more stuff.

Drake Shadowstalker
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:54:32 PM
i hope it's good because i'll probably buy it.

Charley
Jan 31st, 2005, 06:35:57 PM
If it's more like Generals or Homeworld and less like the terrible Force Commander, I'll buy it in an instant. Looks enjoyable enough for me to cough up money.

I really don't see where the "cartoony" comments are coming from. This seems about par for the course in terms of 3D RTS's.

AmazonBabe
Feb 1st, 2005, 02:49:43 PM
It kinda reminds me of Battlegrounds, but with a more meaty 3D look.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 1st, 2005, 03:38:43 PM
No, it doesn't look a thing like Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds was a carbon copy of Age of Empires with sprite-driven graphics.

JMK
Feb 2nd, 2005, 02:05:16 PM
Looks pretty damn cool to me!

Peter McCoy
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:16:02 AM
I really don't think those screenshots do the game enough justice - most of them make it look like a 2d isometric RTS like the Command and Conquer games (not including Generals). But the quality of the visuals are excellent enough for my tastes - the fact that its actually 3d is great. I think it looks gorgeous. As long as the gameplay's good and they sort out the learning curve I'll get it. I think Homeworld gets too difficult too quickly.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:50:42 PM
Supposedly the game is only in early development so far. As such, I guess we can give it a bit of hope. A bit.