PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars DVD

Darth McBain
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:57:19 AM
We knew this was coming out for a while, but the OS has some info on it. I know I'll be picking this one up...

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20050127.html

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:53:51 PM
Yeah I'll be all over that too. I can't wait for season 3.

I have a question: This EU novel that's coming out soon is supposed to lead directly in to the opening scene of RotS.
But according to everything I've read, so is Clone Wars season 3. What's the deal?

Darth McBain
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:10:01 PM
Do you know when season three is out? Last I remember it was supposed to be sometime in March, but I can't remember specifically...

Jedieb
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:32:44 PM
I have a question: This EU novel that's coming out soon is supposed to lead directly in to the opening scene of RotS.
But according to everything I've read, so is Clone Wars season 3. What's the deal?
The prequel novel, Labyrinth of Evil, was released this Tuesday. It's the BEST EU novel I've read in years! I think I enjoyed it so much because it leads right to ROTS's doorstep. Basically, there's nothing new left for the cartoon to cover. The book and cartoon will have to overlap. TartaIcanspellhisname has said the cartoon covers the crawl, so I expect that some of the more exciting sequences from the novel will be in the cartoon. The cartoon will probably have events that take place before the novel. I think I recall that the cartoon will feature the demise of a notorious villian; Ventress or Durge.

Man, I can't wait for the madness to begin!

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:46:08 PM
So you're saying that the book and cartoon will be virtually one and the same? Or that they will contradict one another in some way(s)?

If it does, that would suck because Lucas provided insight and storylines for both. To have them conflict would be weak.

Jedieb
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:30:58 PM
I don't think they'll necessarily contradict each other, they're just going to cover some of the same ground and scenes. I can think of one particular part of the book, (Obi-Wan and Anakin almost confronting Dooku) that would be perfect for the cartoon. Basically, Anakin loses and in a fit of rage brings an entire ceiling crashing down on him, Obi-Wan, and dozens of battle droids Dooku has sent to kill them. The ceiling destroys all the droids, buries them alive, and allows Dooku time to make it back to Coruscant and the Seperatists attack. Anakin and Obi-Wan eventually get the ceiling off them in time to see Dooku take off. The whole thing screams cartoon.

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:33:25 PM
I won't mind at all if a scene appears in both the book and the cartoon, in fact I'd like to see each author's interpretation of the scene.

Jedieb
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:37:23 PM
It's funny, throughout the book there are allusions to events and characters fromm the comics and cartoon. One of my favorites was the "rumor" that Mace singlehandedly took out a monstrous seismic machine. There's no way that kind of scene could be taken seriously in a novel or film, but it's perfect for a cartoon or even a comic. I expect the same kind of thing is going to happen with LOE and CW season 3.

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:54:27 PM
If they're communicating like that, then that's awesome. A reference like that does so much to knit the SW universe.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2005, 03:47:54 PM
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet020405.html#sta

Sounds real promising! :rollin

Darth McBain
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:29:41 PM
Wow - that writeup reads pretty well. According to Amazon, it is to be released March 22. Sounds awesome that they'll have the teaser trailer on it, along with the first 20 seconds or so of the space battle that opens Ep. III. <-- Not that spoiler-ific, but just in case...