PDA

View Full Version : Vega, Je'gan and Lorani

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 01:58:05 PM
Yes, Vega will soon be consumed by a kind of xenophobia. whereby he views anyone who isn't a Lupine as scum. So yes, he won't quite fit in anymore. Speaking of which, Lorani and Je'gan - we will have to talk about what's going to happen then...

OK Jen, fill us in: what would becoming a Lupine entail, socially, physiologically, et cetera?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:26:42 PM
The species was created (as you might have already read elsewhere, Je'gan) originally as a genetic modification, so it's essentially a virus. Instead of being passed, for example, as a bite as is the case with the 'vampires', the transformation occurs by way of blood transfusion.

So far as biological changes go, given that people who are changed are obviously not born Lupine the effects are limited – although it’s true to say that the extent of the species ‘abilities’ has been shown differently by almost everyone who has played one. What I generally think of as acceptable, however is…

- lengthening of the canine teeth into fangs
- lengthening of the fingertips into claws
- heightened sense of smell (allowing the individual to see scents as traces of colour... to better explain, their vision can become black and white, and the only colour they see would be ‘echoes’ of scents)
- pack awareness (essentially allowing Lupines to detect one another and which line they are descended from)

Psychologically, the change can also have effects. In the case of sIlancy, for example, her body is beginning to reject the virus badly and is driving her to a bizarre kind of cannibalism. Obviously, as with any infection, the bodies natural immune system will attempt to combat the intrusion, and so you’re really quite creatively free so far as what effect the change has mentally. Some people may adapt instantly, while others may develop a feral nature or increased bloodlust. It’s your call.

Socially, this change would be quite unlike any other – bar one. When Sieken Kasstra was made a Lupine, it was for the sole purpose of allowing Vega greater control over him. This would be somewhat similar. He is setting himself up, essentially, as the Lupine messiah and rather than picking and choosing who to bring into his species, is going to set about converting the whole universe to this bloodline. Of course, he’ll have to start small – and have some help along the way – and so this is where he’s going to put the offer out to his apprentices. Basically, join or die.

I suppose the resulting ‘faction’ would end up becoming something like the Sisters of Chaos. I don’t plan on having a board for the group, because I don’t ever plan on it becoming big – in spite of that being Vega’s goal. I’m much more interested in setting it up as a tight-knit pack of characters all hell bent on getting their way, and throwing the entire universe into turmoil in the process.

Anyway, I’m sort of rambling all over the place now, going off the point no doubt. If you’d like me to clarify or further explain anything, please ask.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:38:19 PM
Hm.

The way I see it, Je'gan would figure out one way or another that he was being controlled - he borders on paranoid most times, and he's quite smart. When this would happen, I don't know. If he chose to accept the change before he realized that, he would almost definitely end up back with TSO - he's more loyal to LV and the gang than to his new Master. If he thought of it beforehand - doubtful - I can see him turning it down point-blank.

That's just my initial thoughts on how Je'gan would react. There are a lot of other things that could change between now and then, that would influence his choices, so right now I dun rightly know.

Parker Proctor
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:50:22 PM
Mm, I can see I have been kind of bad explaining this already. Vega wouldn't be 'recruiting' either of you to control you. The power is going to be divvied out equally. He just doesn't see it possible for you to have that power without being 'one of us' :lol

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:53:42 PM
As equally as possible considering the disparity in ranks, you mean? *chuckles*

Hmm. I really am going to have to think about this.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:06:45 PM
It shouldn't all be taking place for quite some time yet, so take as long as you want to think about it. No pressure either way.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:10:09 PM
Oh, that's right: how's the Empire situation going to impact all of this?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:13:29 PM
Well... it will be around the time when everything kicks off that Vega goes missing from TSO. If that's what you mean. :huh

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:15:28 PM
Myeh. More or less.

Lorani T'sava
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:07:19 AM
I definately have some things to think about. If I have any questions, I'll ask them.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:45:30 PM
Well, if Je'gan does accept the virus and becomes a Lupine, will he be doing the same thing as Vega with his own Apprentices? Or will be dumping his apprentices to be with Vega's group?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:27:25 PM
The former.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 30th, 2005, 04:18:52 AM
Mmrrrr...well... no? I don't want to leech TSO's members, see. So I'd have to ask that Je'gan take only one apprentice with him.