PDA

View Full Version : Elders?

Southstar
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:16:47 PM
So I've been pondering this for sometime now and the little thread to the Sith elders about Rivin's causings has made me think maybe it might be a good idea. So I looked at this thread and thought to myself... Who are the Sith Elders exactly. Off the top of my head I could think of LV, maybe Warlock... I honestly don't know. (BTW I don't mean to offend anyone here). The image that comes to mind when I think of Elders is a group of five or so old guys who sit around and talk of the issues facing the Order.

So I was thinking: One, we need a category in the member list with some specification of who is considered an elder.

Two: Would anybody be on board for creating a set of characters that form the "group of elders." My immediate thought would be to give those around long enough and often enough an oppertunity to have one. It would be a low key sort of thing with minimal rping with the elder character mainly serving as an RP refereance, a figurehead that gives the Order some kind of structure.

Any comments on this or thoughts?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:58:02 AM
Live Wire and Dyzm are also considered Elders, but as you can see they're aren't around right now.

So I was thinking: One, we need a category in the member list with some specification of who is considered an elder.

Indeed.

Two: Would anybody be on board for creating a set of characters that form the "group of elders."

Well I do prefer having them as actual Sith myself. I've no doubts that it won't be long before current members of the Order are upped to the position of Elders.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:33:45 AM
*high-fives Southstar*

*looks around* What? I've learned precognition...I think...

:P

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:54:55 AM
Please don't quote me on that :uhoh

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:35:59 AM
*nods vigorously* It never happened.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:38:07 AM
-waits for Rie to arrive and dispense the butt kickery- ^_^;

Lady Vader
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:41:56 AM
*Kicks <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>*

Ok, as for the Elders, they are as follows:

LV
Warlock
LW (inactive ATM)
Dyzm (inactive... and I believe he said he wasn't coming back so I guess we remove him from said title)

I'm thinking Vega could be made an Elder, but once this whole board-wide thing gets under way, I believe he was gonna up and leave *looks at Jen* ?

As for some other Elders, well, what about Je'gan, Southstar, and mayhaps Zereth? They've been around long enough, been active enough, and they know the rules.

Comments?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:44:52 AM
I'm thinking Vega could be made an Elder, but once this whole board-wide thing gets under way, I believe he was gonna up and leave *looks at Jen* ?

Yes, Vega will soon be consumed by a kind of xenophobia. whereby he views anyone who isn't a Lupine as scum. So yes, he won't quite fit in anymore. Speaking of which, Lorani and Je'gan - we will have to talk about what's going to happen then...

As for some other Elders, well, what about Je'gan, Southstar, and mayhaps Zereth?

You know I have nothing but love for Southstar and Je'gan :p

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:45:32 AM
I approve. :D

What about Vader himself?

Lady Vader
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:59:27 AM
Oh <smallfont color=#C0C0C0>-Censored-</smallfont>! I forgot! I believe Darth Vader was already and Elder. ^_^;

Sorry, the man is hardly ever around, and one tends to forget he exists.

Southstar
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:08:08 PM
See, I kind of figured you guys would suggest that, almost said it myself (kind of did) but I didn't want to seem to arrogant. Well if we decide to go ahead and toss Je'gan, Zereth, and myself into the "elders" group... let's at least change the name. I struggling to keep Southstar a younger character and being placed in the category of Elders doesn't help :)

So I'm thinking Council... but it sounds too democratic. Any ideas?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:12:00 PM
'The Sith Council', AFAIK, was a group a LONG time ago. 'Elders' gives the leaders some sort of distinctiveness.

Maybe the Conclave? The Magisters? If any change - I try to keep Je'gan young too, but 'Elders' works for me.

Lady Vader
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:51:45 PM
The title "Elder" has nothing to do with age. It's just another form of saying council without saying it.

So you guys are safe.

Southstar
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:59:19 PM
Alright then. I'm cool with that.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:07:49 PM
ELDERS:
Dark Lord Dyzm
Darth Vader
Je'gan Olra'en
Lady Vader
Live Wire
Southstar
Warlock

Does Athena retain that title? And what's the consensus on Zereth Lancer?

Southstar
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:29:22 PM
I'm in favor of letting Zereth into the elder group. He's been around long enough and is on often enough.

AmazonBabe
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:07:36 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
ELDERS:
Darth Vader
Je'gan Olra'en
Lady Vader
Southstar
Warlock

HONORARY ELDER:
Dark Lord Dyzm
Live Wire

Fixed.

Also, I have no problem with allowing Zereth to be an Elder. He is a Knight, therefore he is eligible. Only requirement is that he doesn't disappoint me. I know where his aunt/cousin/relative/whatever-she-is lives. :p

As for Athena, I'd think she'd be a candidate for Honorary Elder, unless she's really gonna get back into RPing quite a bit. Essentially, the requirement for being an Elder is being around quite often where ppl see you in their face on an almost daily basis. *gets in there faces*

Also, we really don't want to have too many Elders. Its just supposed to be a close knit circle so to speak.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:55:45 PM
Gotcha. I'll go make the member list all spiffy now...

Warlock
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:22:57 AM
Bootiful :)

AmazonBabe
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:14:05 PM
OK, so...

ELDERS:
Darth Vader
Je'gan Olra'en
Lady Vader
Southstar
Warlock
Zereth Lancer

HONORARY ELDERS:
Athena Lady Darkness
Dark Lord Dyzm
Live Wire

Now just to clarify, this isn't a Council. It's more of a group of Sith that have been around awhile and know the rules. It's not like a ruling body... just a bunch of sages to the younger generation to come to. They also keep the Order running smoothly and what not.

Southstar
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:20:36 PM
Out of curiosity but who exactly does rule TSO? I'm assuming it is the pair Vader...

Zereth Lancer
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:26:31 PM
I feel special now! *gives LV a BIG hug!* and I will try not to disappoint you and if I do you can tell my aunty to beat me over the head :)