PDA

View Full Version : Do or do not. There is no try.

Shade Magus
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:56:02 PM
OOC/ This is just a self training thread for Shade. I'm not really looking for anyone particular to join so that is why it is semi-open. I wouldn't mind having someone else join in, but before you do please pm me and I'll give you an answer that way. Thank you

The sun shined down on the planet and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. The birds chirped overhead and the scent of the jungle air was intoxicating to many. Life could be felt everywhere. Through the rocks and trees and vines. Through the animals and people that populated the planet. All of it was bound tgether by the field more commonly refered to as the Force and it was this energy that Jedi Knight Shade Magus was calling upon now.

"Come on...just a little, he whispered to the rock sitting in front of him. For a long time he had only used the Force to increase his physical attributes, making him stronger and faster. This was good for awhile. He had been unbeatable in a straight lightsaber duel. Some called him a combat master and he was happy with that. The only downside to it was that he had focused his attention in that direction alone. Other things, such as moving the rock in front of him, were almost impossible. This was a test he had put his own Padawans through many times, but it was one he himself could not preform.

And this brings him back to the rock. He focused on the rock and felt himself pulling the Force into his body, but he could not for some reason beynd him reach out for it. He could feel it and the microscopic life forms covering it, but he couldn't reach out and touch them. He sighed and hung his head. This was going to be a long day, but he was determined to make this rock move before he got up from this spot.

Shade Magus
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:59:30 PM
A gentle breeze blew a small leaf across the gardens as, hours later, Shade still sat in front of the rock. So far he was able to lift it off the ground, barely, but it was still some process. "Come...reach out with the Force and grab a hold of it. Let it flow through you and make it an extension of yourslef. You've taught this enough times that you should be able to do it.

She wiped the sweat from his brow as he leaned back and relaxed slightly. If only practice was as easy as theory. He waited for a few minutes and let his mind rest. Soon he looked back at the rock and started once again. He reached out and grabbed the Force. With deep and steady breaths he reched out for the rock. He held it through the Force and lifted it. It came off the ground a few more centimeters higher, but nothing drastic. His body was still wanting the Force to flow to his muscles and that was what was making it hard for him. He had to break that habit if he planned on going anywhere with this training.

Shade Magus
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:54:55 PM
Breathe in, breathe out. That's all you have to do Shade. Just keep focused on your breathing and that's it, the Jedi thought. It was dusk now and the sun was setting. There was still plenty of light due to the fact that the entire planet was a city. Slowly the rock moved towards him and he smiled. That's it. Keep it coming. Don't force it to...

Rognan Dar
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:43:20 PM
...go in the other direction, right infront of another. This other was Rognan, who now stood a few yards away and coming forward slowly. It was not his intention to walk right into someone elses training and business. But he was walking around and came to the Garden without a goal in mind and came across a sad sight. Not sad in a way that it made you want to cry or laugh, but that of see a friend who was struggling to do something and, yet, unable to accoumplish what he was trying to do.

"Looks like you could use some help, my friend."

Flouting the rock with him, Rog stopped infront of Shade and placed the rock back down.

"What are you trying to do that makes you turn slightly red and wrinkly faced? Looks like you were trying to push a mountain while sitting still."

Shade Magus
Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:39:40 AM
Shade smiled weakly as he looked at his old friend. "It would seem like a mountain wouldn't it. Unfortunately it is only this litte thing here."

He motioned towards the small rock in Rognan's hand.

Rognan Dar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:25:12 PM
"This little thing is giving you trouble? You, the great fighter; the great thinker; the strongest, fiercest Jedi I know? Say it is not so!

No, really, whats the problem?"

Shade Magus
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:03:34 AM
Shade smiled. "I never knew you could say such flattery. But in all honesty it is that little rock. While I may be a good fighter, that is, unforunately, where my talents start and end. I seem to have a very hard time focusing the Force in any direction other than my body's muscles."

Rognan Dar
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:53:33 PM
"You have a end to all your goodness? My dreams are forever destroyed.

Alright, enough of that. You can't use telekinesis, huh? Well why not? Its really not all that hard once you know how to do it, and even easier once you understand how it all works. I'd think you'd be able to do it by now."

Shade Magus
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:02:31 AM
"I don't know...but if you are willing to help I'm not going to turn it down."

Rognan Dar
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:10:05 AM
"Sure thing. Whatever you want me to helo you with, you only need to ask. So what do you want me to do?"

Shade Magus
Feb 5th, 2005, 10:02:42 PM
"If you can teach me to move that rock in your hand," he said with a smile.

Rognan Dar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:17:31 AM
"Right. So...uh...well, lets just start from the beginning, since its easiest. Unless you prefure to just cut to the chase? I think you know all that stuff about the Force and how it works and such...?"

Shade Magus
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:36:13 AM
Shade smiled. "For the most part yes. But you are the teacher right now so that's up to you."

Rognan Dar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:45:48 AM
"Well, lets cut the chatter and get down and dirty. So, since you know all that Force stuff, then the rest should be easy to understand.

Telekinesis, as you know, is the movement of a object with ones mind. Now, this is mostly true. It does take the mind to move it, but more so the Force then the mind. Just like everything else you do, the mind is what uses and controls everything. So, using the Force to boost your physical body requires the mind to do that, does it not? So, its really all a matter on how you use the Force outwards instead of directed to yourself. You following me?"

Shade Magus
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:48:17 AM
"I'm tracking so far, but it is directing the Force outwards is where I am getting stuck. For so long I've always used it inside with my own natural abilities, so using it outwardly feels very akward for me and is becoming increasingly frustrating."

Rognan Dar
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:49:34 PM
"Ok, understandable. Now, dont take offense, but your focusing to much on what something feels and what others might think, then how you should be doing it. Dont feel akward. Dont even worry about whats going on around you. Its only a distraction. Instead, focus on the Force and how you might be able to try something new in order to get the job done.

So, lets see, how can we go about this? You need to channel your inward use outwards. Dont rely on yourself, use whats infront of you. Feel the Force around you. From where you sit, to where the rock sits. From the garden, to the city outside the walls. Focus your attention on this, clearing your mind of anything else."

Shade Magus
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:39:04 PM
Shade reached out and felt the rock infront of him. He reached out to try and touch it, but it was only a gentle nudge that he made. When he reached out again he tried to keep his mind clear and focus more on the outside of his surroundings. The rock moved slightly, but not really more than before.

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:08:35 AM
"It is a small connection, that you must make between youself and the rock. Like you would if you were touching another Force user through the Force. You can feel them; feel their emotions; feel their pains. But a rock does not have these feelings or emotions. Yet it would be thought to not have the Force. The Force is in everything, though, including this rock. You need to understand that it is not the rock you are directly moving but moving the Force in such a way that the rock moves because of you using the Force."

Shade Magus
Feb 11th, 2005, 03:28:53 AM
Shade nodded with his eyes still closed. He tried to think of it this light and found that it made more sense than anything else he had thought of. Now as he applied the Force through the rock it came easier. Maybe nothing as fancy as others could do, but it moved easier and steadier this time.

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:32:04 PM
"There you go. Straining yourself to make it move easyer will not help in the end. The mind can only use the Force in the ways that it knows, and thinking that if you push harder it will move faster. This is only half true. For if you can do small things with ease, then bigger, it will be simple to move giant things and quickly. But for each thing that you use this on will not always be the same. For the Force is different, yet similuar, in everything and everyone."

Shade Magus
Feb 14th, 2005, 12:00:32 AM
"Something I learned a long time ago and still have trouble applying. Prehaps it is true what they say. 'Can't teach an old dewback new tricks.'" Shade said with a smile. "Though this dewback is determined to prove whoever 'they' is, wrong."

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:03:14 PM
"That is all up to you. Are you just not letting yourself be teachable? There is always something to learn, weither its old or new. You are as young as you feel, or so 'they' say,"

Shade Magus
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:35:13 PM
"Oh believe me I want to. If for nothing else to atleast understand it better so as to teach it better. But I would love to be able to do it and not feel so confined within my lightsaber skills."

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:39:21 PM
"Then do as I have said. It may not hold meaning for everyone. But there is truth in it. Better yet, try and think of a way that would best fit you on how you might go about this. My examples are just what I know; how I have used it and taught it. If you can find create your own thought pattern on how to make it easyer, then it might be so."

Shade Magus
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:47:34 PM
"Prehaps...but you have indeed helped me more than most before on this subject. Just opening my mind to new ideas has already helped me. If there was anything I could do to help you in the future, please do not hesitate to ask."

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:51:17 PM
"Weither you owned me or not I would ask for your help. And I might just take you up on that offer sooner then later. But we'll leave the future up to the Force."

Shade Magus
Feb 14th, 2005, 10:11:33 PM
"As is everything these days," he said with a wry smile.

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:02:40 AM
Rognan was quiet for a moment, in a state of contimplation.

"You know..."he finally said. "There is something that I think you can do for me. I've been wanting to expand on my combat skills. And since you are one of the best fighters I know, you might be able to teach me. Hmm?"

Shade Magus
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:07:18 AM
"Combat skills? Well I don't see why not. What are you trying to learn?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:08:54 AM
"Whatever you think I can do. Maybe whatever you like the most. Just something else to give me a greater advantage in situations that would need such skills."

Shade Magus
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:48:57 AM
"Hmm....I think I have just the thing for you. Meet me later in here and we'll see what you can do."

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:55:32 AM
"Alright. I'll see you in a bit then. I need to go do some things before hand."

And then Rognan got up and left the garden to finish his other choirs.