PDA

View Full Version : [IC] 250,000 Bounty Offered

Senator Thareena
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:52:49 PM
The notice went out the usual way - secretly. The Chandrilan government couldn't afford to be fingered, and Thareena had objected to the whole thing. Putting out a bounty on someone's head was a little... bloody. So it had gone through secure channels in such a way that could not be traced.

Only the one who took the bounty would find out who had placed the offer for 250,000 credits if the Sith Rivin was killed or incapacitated.

250,000 credits to the Hunter who can deliver the self styled "Dark Lord" Rivin. Dead or incapacitated, no disintegrations. A comm number followed, which led only to a dead end recording which asked the caller to leave a message.

[those willing to take this bounty should post here, IC if possible]

Seren Irreantum
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:04:07 PM
OOC/ Sorry...can I get the above post deleted?

IC/ There were few things in life that could make this particular individual smile - the news that Rivin was on the unofficial 'Core Worlds Most Wanted' list was most definitely one.

The glow from the man's holoscreen illuminated his cadaverous face as he scrolled through his dossier on Rivin, just to refresh his memory. This would be a challenge if handled properly...but if handled wrong, it could spell his very definite death.

After a moment, he started an encrypted message to an associate.

Minion Alghieri
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:13:37 PM
The message, and the attached notice and dossier, were more or less equally short: Alghieri scanned them twice, then sat back in his simple chair and began to think.

His hatred for child-killers had begun a very long time ago, in his early days in the Varundana mob. Once or twice since then he had 'disappeared' such individuals, whether in his own ranks on in those of the opposition, simply because of their particular brand of extracurricular activity.

A quarter million, too: that was not a small amount.

The crime lord called the requisite number - encrypted, of course - and began to speak.

"Greetings. My name is Torrent, and I'm interested. Further communications can be sent to the Athus Prime comm centre with the number 346 - 561 - 784."

Callomas Savoc
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:17:12 PM
<center>A run-down apartment, somewhere on Corellia...</center>

beep...beep

Half a room away, a commlink chimed. Callomas paused in the middle of an inverted toe-touch, and worked the racheting band loose from around his ankles, falling to the floor like a cat. He reached for a towel as he walked to answer the comm, dabbing at the glistening sweat on his forehead, testament to his rigorous workout.

"Yes?"

A voice on the other line spoke to him.

"I am available. The price is acceptible. Send the information to my usual pickup in one half hour."

With that, he closed the comm, and looked out the window, waiting.

Senator Thareena
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:42:59 PM
Behind closed doors on Chandrila, the CSA (Chandrilan Security Agency) reviewed the recordings that had been recieved so far. "Only three? I thought there would be more."

"There will be..."

The first man spoke again, "The Minister wants to employ two. I've never heard of these guys though - I'd rather contract with a hunter we've heard of."

"I think a hunter who's invisible, and off the radar is better. But we'll have to wait, see who else is interested before we contact anyone."

Sanis Prent
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:28:23 PM
"Hahahahaha, switch off."

I flopped belly-down onto my apartment couch, and went for the remote to turn the holoviewer back on. What a waste of time.

Marcus disagreed.

"Sanis, this is an excellent business opportunity. We technically haven't made much money as of late."

I shrugged.

"I just can't get all worked up over a measly 250 grand. I'm worth at least 400. Plus, that mark sounds like a force user, and that requires special equipment. You know that."

"Two hundred and fifty thousand would adequately cover our overhead and outlayws, Sanis." Marcus reminded his master.

"Yeah, but its only 250!"

Azure Regalia
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:16:53 PM
...somewhere on Nar Shadda, in a run down, yet bustling shipyard hidden from the prying eyes of the authorities...

The Bounty Hunter looked at the screen on her ship, studying the latest bounties that had been placed. One in particular, though low in payment, caught her eye. It was a bounty set out on a Sith, a Force user.

She had been bred for such hunts, and it had been a long time since those talents bred into her had been put to use.

She keyed the comm to come online and switched to the channel that had been indicated by the bounty, being sure that the trace back to her would be fruitless to where her location was.

While her voice would sound staticy due to the encryption, it would be understandable. "I accept your bounty." Her words were followed by a means for those that had placed the bounty to contact her via a contact she had within the Core worlds.

As soon as she was finished, she keyed her comm off, and stood, walking to stand at the opening to the ship, calling down to a mechanic that was sealing a plate to a control box.

"I'm leaving." To emphasize her words, she tossed the mechanic a credit chit to pay for the upgrades. "Inform Mr. Jerrard his services are once again appreciated."

With that, she entered her ship and closed the ramp and door. As she made her way down the hallway in her ship towards the cockpit, she gave the ship a verbal command. The ship immediately scanned her voice and began to warm up the engines for departure. Within minutes, she was airborn and in space, headed towards the Core.

Zachariah Jak'el
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:19:49 PM
In a dark apartment room somewhere on Corascant

Xel-Naga was laying on a bench and lifting very heavy weights when his comm beeped. He quickly set down the weights, upset to have his daily exercise interrupted, and walked over to the comm

"Naga here" He said into the comm

"I found an job offer that may interest you" Came the voice of Lon Varr, A rodian freind of Xel's, who quickly gave him all the info on the bounty and the number. Money didn't interest Xel as much as the thrill of the hunt

He quickly commed the number without an ecryption device or anything special "I am interested in your job. Comm me if you accept" With that he ended the call and began getting ready. Even if the person turned him down he'd still like to be ready if he or she does not.

Senator Thareena
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:15:33 PM
ooc: sorry I had a brain fart about how bounties work. The information below will be sent on to all hunters who have responded to the bounty. The money will be paid to the one who gives us Rivin's dead or incapacitated body.

Of course, you can be sure you'll get an interesting RP, if not a dead Rivin. /ic:

"Dark Lord" Rivin is known to be a Sith of the Sith Order, currently in the Corellian system. He has ties to criminal elements in Chandrila and Coruscant, and is the suspected leader of the Molochean Hand.