PDA

View Full Version : Sun Doesn't Rise (Kathrine)

Southstar
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:59:12 PM
The room before him was a complete disaster. Before, it had been a meeting room of sorts. Screens lined the walls, all linked to a central computer in the middle of a massive desk. Papers were stacked like buildings in a strage city, all across the table. Chairs surrounded it and in them were nine major leaders of the rebellion against Sith rule on the planet Corellia. Now, the nine leaders were on the floor, some dead and others on their way.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? DO YOU THINK WE WOULDN'T CATCH YOU?" Southstar was shouting at an elder human who was struggling to get on all fours. Once he was Southstar kicked him with all his might in the stomach. The man threw up on the carpet. He grabbed a handful of papers and glanced through them, sliding each one onto the ground after he had seen it. His eyes kept going back to the computer, which he was dying to access. The screens on the wall had been broken, it woul dhave to wait.

"Get up." He instructed one of the men who was on the ground. The man resisited and Southstar picked him up with the Force in the most uncomfortable way possible. He pushed the man against the wall with his hands. "Do youhave any idea what's going to happen to you?"

The man sttempted to spit in his eye, but Southstar deflected it with the Force and ignored it.

"You're going to die. You know that. But your family, I know they're on Coruscant, I will get to them, that I promise you. You two little girls... Imagine them being the trainingl toys of Sith to come." Southstar sent images and ideas of mental manipulation for years to come, past even Southstar's death. "And your wife, I shall personally deal with her." He whispered the last part and added a telekinetic pin-prick tingle down the man's spine. He dropped the man, who was blubbering like a baby. Southstar had induced a dose of mental fear into him.

He turned to Kathrine, who was on the other side of the room with her own set of rebels to deal with. "How many dead do you have?" He asked as he surveyed those deceased in front of him.

Kathrine
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:05:31 AM
She twirled her new violet lightsaber around and stopped it just before taking off a man's head. The rebel stopped and looked up at her pleadingly. She smiled viciously and touched the blade to his neck and the man jumped back grabbing at his neck.

"How many dead do you have?"

She looked back at Southstar and snorted. Couldn'd he just let her have her fun? She turned and did a quick count. One...two...three...ahhh four.

"Four...wait no only three. I cut one of these guys at the torso and counted each half. Only three and this one little toy I kept incase you didn't get anything from him," she said nodding her head back towards the man he had pinned against the wall.

Southstar
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:02:12 PM
Southstar turned and approached the door where two Sith guards stood, stepping over bodies and equipment as he went. "Call the clean up crew and the remainder of the troops in. Make sure no one else dies before full interrogation." He instructed. The troop reache for his comm link and did as told. Soldiers poured in, blaster rifles pointed at each surviving person aside from the Sith. The leaders were shackled and lead out to an armored vehicle outside the building.

"We're done here." He said to Kathrine and stepped out into the hallway.

Out on the street he watched carefully, looking for anything that was out of order, something that presented a threat. He was finding nothing. They couldn't leave until the entire group of soldiers and clean up crew had left. He didn't want to risk disaster. "We're waiting here until they're done." He said to his apprentice. "Keep a telepathic eye out for anything that seems threatening."

Kathrine
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:12:31 PM
"Like anything would be threating to me," she said under her breath, but she did as asked. Though she doubted she would find anything, it would get boring and this would atleast keep her somewhat busy.

She took her new lightsaber hilt from her built and began flipping it in her hand. She stretched out and kept a watch, but nothing came by. She looked up and saw a man looking at the two, but nothing more than that. He was probably just some old guy checking her out. She didn't pay him anymore attention and went back to flipping her lightsaber.

A few more minutes she looked back up and he was still there. He had moved into the light and she could get a better look at him. The man did look familiar, but that wasn't what her focus was on. "Hey what is your problem! Take a picture it will last longer."

Southstar
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:26:30 PM
Seconds before he heard Kathrine shout at the man, Southstar recognized the face. It was the bounty hunter from the last time they had been out. He had to wonder what he was doing on Corellia. Something was amiss, he could feel it.

The man crossed the street, almost hesitantly and approached the two Sith. The man kept darting his eyes in different directions as if he knew something was coming, but didn't know from where. "You guys need to get out of here, like now."

Kathrine
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:12:41 AM
She was taken aback by the man's attitude.

"And why would we have to run?" Kathrine asked as she jumped up and walked over to the man.

Southstar
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:26:08 AM
A group of the clean up crew walked out of the building behind them and tossed a load of the material into one of the armored vehicles and shut it.

"Because, you don't think they woul dleave that office completely unpro-" The man shouted at Kathrine but was interrupted by a large explosion from the office they had just been in. The blast threw Southstar to the floor. Hurriedly, he threw up a telekinetic shield and the rubble smashed into it, rolling off to the side.

He threw the shield off after it seemed no more rubble was to come and stood up. Grabbing the man by his shirt he shouted at him. "WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN US SOONER?" Southstar half expected the leaders would have a back up plan, bu tnothing on this scale. Sneaking explosives, especially so many on planet was next to impossible. Not to mention, Southstar and Kathrine hit the room with such a force that it seemed all backup plans were unusable for the leaders. Not to mention if they had one, why use it so late?

"I-I figured you guys would have known yourselves!" He stammered in response. Southstar let him go and turned to three of the troops that were outside the building at the time of the blast.

"You go in there and find any survivors and left over material." Then back to the man. "You're coming with us." He said and headed towards the armored speeder. "Kathrine, you drive and head towards the palace." He said and got in the passanger side.

"Listen, I just came to tell you about I piece of information I got on one of my hunts." The man said from the back seat while Southstar fiddled with the comm, trying to reach the Palace. "The guys behind this whole rebellion group, they weren't in the building." Southstar shot the man a look of slight puzzlement. "There's some sort of Jedi group, seperate from the Greater Jedi Order, that are working against the Sith."

Southstar gazed at Kathrine to try and get a feel for what she thought of the man and his seemingly fountain of information.

Kathrine
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:18:46 PM
Kathrine was picking her self from behind a box not far from from where Southstar had been. She dusted herself off as she made her way over to where he had just been yelling at the man.

"Rouge Jedi? Sounds pretty fishy to me...though there have been some stories. What kind of proof you got?" She asked him as she moved in closer.

Southstar
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:16:53 PM
"It's you that has the proof." The man said and motioned to the back of the truck where some information from the office was stored.

Southstar gazed back at it. It would take days just to get an idea of the kind of information that was stored there. Southstar didn't want to wait that long, If these supposed Jedi knew they had the information, then it would be easy to change their location as well as many other specifics that would benifit the Sith.

"So where are they at?" He asked.

"I don't know that much! But what I do know is that several of those involved in the group, like the higher ups, they frequent this spacestation towards the Core. It orbits... oh what's the name? Nilat! That's the name of the star, Nilat. I'm sure you can find something out there."

"I know you, don't I?" Southstar asked. "You were at the Palace for a brief time, as an apprentice."

The man nodded. "Xau Ghin, yeah, that was me."

"Why are you still helping the Sith?"

"Well I didn't leave because I stopped liking the Sith. I just lack Force potential. I have no reason to want to see the Sith loose power, you guys are good for business."

"We'll go to the palace and drop off this info, I'll have a group sort through it. Then, I want to get to this Nilat place and start hunting around. Are you game for another excusrion, Kathrine?"

Kathrine
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:55:23 AM
She sighed. She had had plans she didn't want to break, but it seemed that those wouldn't be happening anytime. On the other hand however, it provided for the perfect opportunity to show off in front of Southstar. "Sure...do I have much of a choice anyways?"

Southstar
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:30:03 PM
"No."

----

Xau Ghin's ship rocketed through the transition from hyperspace to real space. Southstar was pacing around on the inside, thinking about the possibilties. The station was frequented by the Jedi, but other than that he knew very little. He had some discuises prepared, image inducers, as he was not very proficient at illusions himself. He tossed one to Kathrine.

"THis will change your image, I expect these Jedi know exactly what we look like." He said.

"Oh they do." Xau interrupted. "I guess you guys haven't been out here before."

"No, we haven't."

"Well they pretty much hate you." Xau said with a smile. "Take a look around when we get there."

"What lead you to cross these people?" Southstar asked while fiddling with the image inducer.

"There was a bounty on some guy and he was seeking refuge on one of the planets in the nearby system. I guess it takes time to get access to the planet, because I was running late and I still got to him. Then the same boss lead me to you guys..."

"Very interesting." Southstar said with slight sarcastic tone and brushed the unimportant story off.

He gazed out the window and got a good glimpse of the space station. It was almost sphereical with the exception of two polar opposite points.

"State your business." The comm buzzed and Xau Ghin answered with all the right words.

"Nervous?" He asked his apprentice.

Kathrine
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:53:45 AM
"No," she lied. In truth she was scared. She didn't want to really get in close with the Jedi yet, but she wasn't about to back down from them either.

She fiddled with her image inducer and finally turned it on. She went over to a small mirror to see what she looked like and almost freaked. She was old and had purple hair. "What kind of joke is this?"

Southstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:08:29 PM
He smiled and turned his on as well, revealing the image of another old crone. "The button on the side will change the image to something better." He responded.

"Whoa." Xau said as he re-entered the room. "You guys gonna go like that?"

"No." He said and changed the image. He was now a middle-aged man with light violet skin, dark hair and a beard. The clothes he wore were of a lower middle class. "Something that will blend in with the crowd will do better."

"Well, they're letting us in. We have parking for the rest of the day, and have to be gone by early morning."

"Alright Kathrine, we're going in on reconnacence here. Avoid conflict or we'll have a horde of Jedi on our tails. Understood?"

Kathrine
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:56:03 PM
She quickly pushed the button and she changed to a younger woman in her twenties with silver colored hair and dark skin. "Now this is much better...hmm? Oh yeah. I know. Don't do anything till it is time."

Southstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:26:28 PM
He let out a breath of slight anger. She never paid attention to him and that would be her downfall.

Southstar dropped the ramp once the ship was completely docked and exitted. He was doing his best to hide their Force signatures as Jedi were capable of picking them up.

"Where's Xau?" He asked and turned around. The man was missing, but he brushed it off. He probably had some business of his own to attend to.

Southstar lead the way into the main district of the station. It was filled with resturants, stores of all kinds, and many other rooms offering one service or another. As they walked, he picked up a brosure about the station. There was the public district, which was where they were, and then there were living quarters on either side of the public district. Further past the living quarters, heading towards each pole, were mechanical areas and a lot of unused space.

He scanned the crowd ahead of him and noticed that most of them were heading towards the same general direction. "We'll follow these people and see where it leads." He said. "Have you seen anything interesting? Not just in regards to our purpose here, either. This place seems to be very different than what we have at Corellia."

Kathrine
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:35:32 PM
Kathrine looked around and noticed a few decent looking clothing shops and a few fanc looking restraunts, but not much beyond that. The structures could be considered beautiful if she had been into thoe types of things. "Not really. A few good shops and restraunts, but other than...whoa...what is that thing?"

She pointed to a large furry four legged creature pulling a carriage behind it.

Southstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:08:10 PM
"To be honest, I haven't the slightest." He stared at it for a moment, more interested in the people it was carrying. He almost reached out with the Force, but refrained.

"You know, I want to take a look in here." He said and headed into a store that featured books and newspapers. He looked through the newspapers and found that those printed by the Sith Order were present in a way, they were also edited in that there were several comments, mostly degrading and critisizing. He searched through the books on shelf and found a whole list of anti-sith readings. He skipped through them, some of it was untrue and some was true. But what they always failed to look at were the intentions of the Sith.

"Are you looking at any of this?" He asked Kathrine.

Kathrine
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:14:14 PM
She looked up from a book on native animals trying to find out what that thing was. "Not really, but I did find out what that creature was. It is called a Wambrack. Says here that they don't eat meat...hold up to fifty gallons of water in their body for late use...and," she said turning the page.

"Ahh...here is something you mihgt like to know. They are attracted to Force sensitive people. Says they love the feel they get from them. And since they love it so much they are only used by Jedi since they are the only ones that can ride them."

She shut the book smiling. "And you thought I was helpless."

Southstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:16:37 PM
He wanted to say: You still are. But also refrained from doing so. He glanced out the window and saw another of the Wambrack walking by. "Interesting." Was all he was willing to muster out. He turned back to the book. "They really hate us." He said and put it back down.

"Excuse me, do you need some help there?" A woman asked. She was apparently the shopkeeper.

"I was, uh, just taking a look." He replied and smiled.

"Well that book you were looking at was directly from Yoric. It is by Jat Peerious, you know."

"Actually, I don't. Who is he?"

"Oh! Maybe you aren't from around here then." She said cheerfully. "Jat Peerious is the leader of the Tantum Reise, which is an organization dedicated to releasing planets from Sith rule. This book here is a collection of his thoughts just prior to the formation of Tantum Reise. It's very popular around here."

Southstar picked it up again and held it for a moment. "So Tantam Reise doesn't actually base itself within Sith Space does it? I mean, with all the restrictions and-"

"Oh no, no. Their main base is really unknown, its scattered through New Republic planets. Mostly Yoric though."

"And Yoric is..."

"It is deep in the core area, almost inaccessable, and it is its own independant system."

"Hmm. You know, maybe I will purchase this book." He said and placed it on the counter.

----

"Alright, lets look at these Wambracks." He said and found them in nearly every corner of the complex. "That's a lot of Jedi." he mumbled.

Kathrine
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:22:51 PM
Kathrine nodded in agreement. At first she had thought they might have been nice pets, but knowing what they were really used for now, made them seem slightly less appealing. They walked across an intersection and continued down the road. "So this Yoric is what we're after? And what does it say about the Tantum Reise? Is that actually the Jedi group we are looking for or are they just who the Jedi work for, like the Greater Jedi Order and the Sentate?"

Southstar
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:10:49 AM
"I'm starting to piece this all together, now. Tantum Reise appears to be a conglomoration of both Force users and non. But here," he pointed out a section of the book. "He talks about the White Moon and the Order of Aequitas... but what the difference is I can't tell just yet."

"Ladies, gentlemen and aliens of all kinds. Make way, make way!" A large man shouted as he pushed people aside. "Make way!"

Southstar looked behind him to see several other big men holding tightly to a bound figure. He looked closely and found the figure to be none other than Xau Ghin.

"We have a traitor to the cause, here, one involved with the Nar Shadda problem." Immediately the people had scowls on their face and some began to yell things. Southstar might even say the crowd was begining to get fierce at this point. The group passed by with Xau wriggling in the big men's grasp, eyeing Kathrine and Southstar as he passed by.

Kathrine
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:13:55 AM
"Ohh, great," Kathrine said. "We got to help him or kill him or do somehing. If he snitches on us we are dead."

Southstar
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:48:21 PM
"I know, but don't forget we're surrounded by Jedi." Southstar knew that he could end the man's life with a little telekinesis in the right spot, but he preferred not to in this case. His mind worked increasingly faster as he tried to come up with a scheme to pull Xau away from the group without blowing the Sith's cover. So far he had nothing.

He glanced at one of the Jedi , who seemed to have an emotionless look on his face. The rest of the Jedi did as well, they seemed to neither be happy nor angry at the situtation. "Take a look at the Jedi." he said changing the topic. "Perhaps they aren't involved in the who rebellion thing after all."

Kathrine
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:19:24 PM
She glanced over to them. "And why would you say that? If they weren't wouldn't they be trying to stop this?"

As she spoke, Kathrine's eyes darted around trying to find a way to help the bounty hunter.

Southstar
Jan 27th, 2005, 06:05:45 PM
"In theory yes. But what I'm getting at is that they don't seem to be egging it on either." As one Jedi moved, he revealed control panal against one of the walls. Southstar looked at it for a moment and realized it was intended for emergencies.

"Alright, you're the one with the talent for animals." He said as a plan came together in his mind. "Muster up your concentration and scare these animals into causeing problems."

With his telekinesis he bagan pushing buttons on the panel and setting it up to report a bomb threat. "Just waiting on you."

Kathrine
Jan 28th, 2005, 06:42:14 PM
Kathrine reached out with the Force and before she did anything she saw them turning towards the pair as they weren't afraid, but drawn to the energy they were now emmiting. Before the Jedi could notice she darted her eyes towards the crowd and gave one simple command.

Run.

She watched the Wambrack turn to the crowd and charge forward. It took a few moment before anyone could come out of shock to do something. Suddenly the Jedi snapped to and rushed forward. She could feel some of them stretch out and try and take control over the animal, but her's was complete. It raced through the crowd and before it neared the edge, she told it to turn back into the crowd. A few were lucky enough to avoid the animal, but some were not.

Southstar
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:36:29 PM
He then turned his telekinesis towards the bound Xau Ghin and forced the cuffs to loosen. He didn't want to go over there and do it himself as he wanted to keep their faces annonymous. As Xau Ghin got an idea of what was going on a policeman for the station passed by. Southstar sent the man a blast of Force confusion and commanded Xau telepathically to meet the Sith in the book store, which was now vacant.

"Kathrine, come here." He said as he entered the bookstore. I managed to get an image file off that officer for the image inducer." He reported as his image switched to that of the officer. "The file should now be on your inducer as well. We'll grab Xau in our diguises and take him to the ship. If anyone asks, tell them we're taking the traitor into custody." He said as Xau enterd the store as well. He was leaving this up to Kathrine to lead now.

Kathrine
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:59:41 PM
Kathrine nodded as she touched her inducer and changed the image covering her. As soon as Xau entered the store, she grabbed him and threw him against the wall and put him back in stun cuffs.

"That's for getting caught in the first place," she said in a man's voice with a thick Outer Rim accent. "Now just act calm and play along."

She looked back at Southstar to make sure he was ready. Then she opened the door and headed to the ship. For the most part they were safe. At one point another pair of officers stopped them to see what they were doing and when they said taking Xau in custody they told them the station was the other direction. They mumbled their thanks and turned around and took a few detours before finally arriving back at the ship three hours later.

Just before they got to the ramp, Kathrine pushed Xau in front of her and started yelling. "Why did you go and get caught? You realize you could have blown out covers?"

Southstar
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:51:24 PM
"Well jeez! It's not like I intended on getting caught!" He protested. "Hell, I didn't even think they knew I was at Nar Shadda."

Southstar placed a hand on Xau's shoulder and pulled him away from Kathrine and towards the pilot seat. "Get this thing going."

He flipped the inducer off and tossed the book on a chair. "So I can see why they would be angry at you for turning in one of their leaders, but why were they calling you a traitor?" Southstar asked.

Looking back from the control panels He replied, almost nervously. "Well... I kind of was on their side for a little bit, but only to get info so I could get that one guy."

"That one guy..." Southstar mumbled. "So have you been to Yoric?" He asked.

"Oh no, I can't take you guys there."

"Why not?"

"It's... difficult..."

"Can't be that difficult."

"Ok, the planet is located real close to the core. It's hard to find a hyprespace route in there with all the stars and stuff."

"Well how'd you get there first then?"

"It wasn't my ship! Plus they'll never let you on... It's a bad idea."

Southstar was getting frustrated with the man now, but did not show it for persuasion's sake. "So you know someone who can get us on planet."

"Oh yeah right."

"Why not?"

"For Force's sake you guys are SITH. They are trying to get rid of your kind!" Xau was getting worked up now.

"You were Sith, and as far as I remember so was your mother. You have a history with the Sith and they let you on."

"That's different... Look at me! I'm practically helpless against you Forcers!"

"Don't pull that with me. I know that you know someone who can get us there."

Xau looked away for a moment. "Let me talk to someone and I'll let you know."

Kathrine
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:38:36 PM
"Better be quick," she said as she walked back to the common area part of the ship. She had deactivated her inducer just after coming on the ship and now her long blonde hair layed down over her shoulders. "I don't like it. Something doesn't seem right about his story. He may not be able to harm a Force user, but he still is a threat. Look at him now. You think they wouldn't have thought about him betraying them?"

Southstar
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:49:50 PM
"It's difficult to discern which side he is on..." He said in agreement.

"Hey." Xau said interrupting the Sith's coversation. "I talked to another insider. She says she will work on getting you guys on planet, but it's going be a while."

"I want it now." He said in frustration but knew it was out of Xau's power.

"What's so important about getting on that planet anyway?"

He gave Xau a quizzical look. "The planet is home to a Jedi order and a rebellious group bent on taking power away from the Sith. Why do you think I want to get there?" he watched Xau frown, obviously sorry for asking. "This war that these rebels are waging is a battle of ideas. Did you see those headlines in the bookstore, Kathrine?" He asked. He wanted to make sure she understood this as well. "Ideas are more powerful than any weapon, history has proven that. The Sith Order does its best to prevent ideas it doesn't like from entering its sphere of influence, but all it takes is one man and it will spread like disease. Tell me, Xau, where is Tantum Reise, where is White Moon, where is this Order of Aequitas located?"

Xau didn't say anything.

"You tell your insider we want to meet with them now." He ordered. The thought of Xau crossing them entered his mind. Xau Ghin would be easily overcome. A majority of Jedi couldn't stand against him and if all else failed, there were countless Sith on Corellia.

With the Force, Southstar shut the door between the cockpit and the general assembly room. "Kathrine, you spoke before how you live for the thrill of the destruction of others. I could care less if that fool understands. But do you understand the importance of this? Do you have any idea what would happen if the people we rule turned against us?"

Kathrine
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:56:25 PM
Kathrine nodded her head slowly. She may have thought that she was better than anyone else, but she wasn't a fool when it came to numbers. "Utter chaos...something I would like to see if started by me at a time and place of my choosing. This would be complete destruction of the Sith. There are no other words for it."

She glanced at the cockpit and then back to her feet. "If he even slips up once, then the chance of us coming back are very slim. This is a Jedi Order you plan on attacking. Without our element of surprise we won't make it."

Southstar
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:40:04 PM
"We're not attacking. At least not yet. We're still gathering information and taking precautions, even I barely know anything about them. Which reminds me..." He reached for the book he purchased at the store. "I need to find some time to get through this."

"Umm... hey." Xau said opening the door slightly. "My insider has said she would meet with you, but in three days time."

"Three days?" He asked. He didn't want to wait that long but if it was necessary he then he would. "Fine. Xau, take us to Inuhet."

"Where's that?"

"Pretty much between here and the Deep core. It's a fairly large, you'll find it on your map as a Sith world." He turned to Kathrine. "Well then, I'm going to read."

Kathrine
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:49:18 PM
She shrugged as he walked off. When he was gone she shot a glance towards the door Xau was behind before pulling her body in a lotus position. She breathed and closed her eyes and reached out with the Force. She put herself in a Force induced sleep and tried to relax and let her body repair itself. Her ribs weren't broken anymore, but they were still sore from her last training session with Southstar and she didn't want to take the chance and over extending them.

Southstar
Jan 30th, 2005, 10:40:13 PM
He turned the last page of the book as the ship set down on Inuhet. He stood up and walked out into the main area.

"I told them I had you guys on board so they'd let me land." Xau said.

"That's fine." Southstar responded. "I am heading into the town, Kathrine, I recommend you come." He said and dropped the ramp.

Before he could step on the ground he was met by a group of apparent diplomats surrounded by guards.

"Master Sith!" The leader said. "We are thankful for your presence. Our requests have been heard."

Southstar gave Kathrine a glance of puzzlement. "Requests?"

"Yes, we sent them only days ago but we were afraid they wouldn't make it with the Jedi jamming our communications. But thankfully you have heard our plea for help!"

"But we haven't recieved any-" He started but was interrupted.

"There is unrest in our parliment and our citizens have already rioted once before... we were lucky to put them down once.With you appearance I would imagine that they might fear rebelling again. Perhaps a public appearance..."

Involvment in the details of politics was not his thing, but the way things were going there might not be a way out of this one. "Wait." he said giving it a try. "A public appearance might not be the best of ideas. Perhaps I should-"

Cut off again by a another man speaking, this one had just arrived though. "Sir, the parliment is in disorder! They're encouraging the people to riot again. They're all claiming alligence to some sort of organization... Natum... Tatum something."

Southstar turned to Kathrine, it seemed things had unfolded in an interesting way.

Kathrine
Feb 1st, 2005, 06:42:34 AM
As he looked at her, Kathrine returned the glance and sent a message back to him telepathically.

For being a rouge hidden group they sure have seem to become popular all of a sudden, no?

She turned back to the man and spoke to him aloud. "Another riot? How long has this been going on?"

Southstar
Feb 1st, 2005, 12:53:46 PM
"Within the hour." The man responded.

"How did all this happen?" Southstar asked, trying to elaborate on Kathrine's point. "We've heard of Tantum Reise and they never had this kind of power."

"It started no more than four days ago. Our parliment, having no real powers, was pushing the ruler of Inuhet for minor reform. He gave in and allowed for some reform, but then things spinned out of control!" The man said as he lead them into a building.

Perhaps we may make an appearance. He thought. He wanted to get ahold of some of the parliment rebels and get a more detailed story. "Is there anyone else who knows what is going on that I can talk to?" He asked.

"Yes, I present you to our ruler."

A door opened, revealing a tiny undecorated room with a small group of people standing and a man slouched over in his seat. The seated man's eyes widened as he caught sight of the Sith. "Master Sith!" He dropped to his knees. "Thank you for comming, you're assistance is very much needed."

"Do you know how this happened?" Southstar asked the ruler.

"The people of this planet don't have enough fear in them, that's what happened."

Another man stepped up from behind the chair. "The people are angry with the government. The main problem is poor finance, we're almost bankrupt. Poor regulation of the economy has driven prices up on all items. Then there is the issue that this Tantum Reise has obviously been planning a coup d'tat for quite some time now."

Southstar nodded his head, the first thing on his mind was that the current ruler was an idiot. The apparent advisor however, had a better idea of what was going on. He would stick to that man for the time being.

"What's you name?" He said to the informed one.

"Amar Vess, at your service."

Before Southstar could respond another man burst through the door. "Sir," To the ruler. "The mob is storming the west end of the building... They're calling for your head."

"Kathrine, lead these men to Xau's ship. I'll follow and cover our rear." He said and as he finsihed the loud thud of the falling door startled the others in the room. "Now."

Kathrine
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:10:56 PM
Kathrine turned and shoved one of the men with the Force. He went up against the wall as a piece of metal went zooming past where he had just been standing. She cast a sharp glance at him. "Don't just stand there. RUN!."

She moved towards them as they took off towards the back of the room for a rear entrance. Kathrine turned around just in time to avoid a blaster bolt coming fro the crowd now in the room. When she came back up, she brought her lightsaber and flicked the purple blade on, loosing track of the ones she had been charged with for her lust for revenge. "You want to shoot at me, then fine! Come and get it!"

She twirled the lightsaber around and knocked a bolt back at it's maker. A gleam came in her eye as she started to swing at another bolt and batted it back. It didn't hit it's target, but it was close enough to give the person a good scare.

Southstar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:28:16 PM
Southstar allowed a few to pass him, but he was stopping most of the other rebellious people in their tracks. His lightsaber was a blur of dark blue as it cut down some and severly injured others. He let loose a telekinetic wave beginning at the front door way and cause masses of people to rise into the air and fall. Again, with his lightsaber he cut more down. Some were beginning to flee, but the crowd on the whole wasn't waning. He let loose another telekinetic blast and retreated back into the building.

Kathrine and the politicians we far ahead of him now, heading in the direction of Xau's ship. He caught up to them with Force speed and boarded the ship.

"Hey!" Xau said, seemingly paniced. "They just told me they want to go to another city on the other side of the planet. I thought I should check-"

"It's fine." He replied and glanced out the window. The crowds seemed to have stopped and were cheering now. For a moment he thought of it from their perspective. They had puhed out an unwanted ruler and his ministers and even cause two Sith to retreat. From his won point of view, the people's war had not been won; it was just getting started.

He considered speaking to Kathrine, but on second thought, he didn't want to hear any of her remarks. "Why didn't you let us know about this iminant disaster earlier?" He asked any of the politicians.

"Well, you seem to, um.. have a habit.. of dealing harshly with those you deem to fail the Sith."

He was silent for a moment. The policy was intended to prevent, not encourage disasters. "Did you not think the penalty for complete failure would be worse than reporting potential problems?" He raised his voice now. These foolish rulers angered him like nothing else before; there was so much to loose.

"You Sith think you can just do anything you want by trying to scare it!" The ousted head official exclaimed. "If you would have given us more support, more money-" The officer kept rambling on as Southstar exchanged glances with his apprentice. He trusted that she would know what to do.

Kathrine
Feb 4th, 2005, 12:17:00 AM
Kathrine had had enough of this man. How did he think he was trying to put down her people. She reignited her lightsaber and hled its blade up to the man's throat. Just far enough away that it silenced him.

"Hey! Why don't you just step back. You are acting like a little child and to be honest it is getting on my nerves. Now if you want to keep your head attached to your neck I suggest that you quiet down. Is that understood?"

The man looked at her then Southstar to guidance before finally settling back and shutting his mouth.

"Much better. Don't you agree?" She asked Southstar.

Southstar
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:49:26 PM
He face expressed the slight disappointment he felt. Telekinetics had the wonderful way of concealing the puppetmaster. To everyone else in the room, it looked like Kathrine had actually thrown her lightsaber. The man's head fell to the ground and her ignighted blade was stuck in the wall, inches away from another advisors head.

"Much better."

Kathrine
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:17:22 PM
Kathrine looked surprised for only a moment as she quickly recovered. She hadn't wanted to kill the man, atleast not yet, and it frustrated her to no end that Southstar had done so with her weapon no less. She turned her gaze towards him so that the other wouldn't hear thier words and become more unnerved because of the fact that the two Sith were disputing.

What was that for? What if we needed him?

Southstar
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:51:33 PM
We don't have time to debate it. He was spineless and whatever he knows someone else does. "What we need is competant leadership." He said aloud. And let's just leave it at that. He put up a weak mental block to try and end the conversation there.

"Sir," Amar Vess, the seemingly intelligent one said. "It is within my power to gather an army and I believe we can retake the capital. Should the Sith publically lead us, that is. You create enough fear that most opposition will surrender."

He exhaled out his nose. Should he agree, then the planet would be at civil war. He didn't expect Tantum Reise to retreat that fast, but what other choice was there, the Sith couldn't afford to loose a planet.

The ship set down on a ferracrete pad next to an elaborate palace. Southstar still hadn't thrown his support in favor of Amar Vess. Such things weren't decided on the spot.

"It will be safe here." Amar said as he now lead the group of politicians. "It's rural country and Tantum Reise doesn't have the resources to reach us, yet." The men entered the palace while Southstar stood outside, gazing at the dark clouds and the green hills.

"Granted that you will be in such situations yourself." Assuming you make it to knight status He silently added. "What do you suggest?"

Kathrine
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:23:11 PM
Kathrine glared hard at Southstar for his cut off, but didn't say anything about it. She retrieved her lightsaber and walked out onto the ramp behind Southstar.

"I believe we need more information. How big of an army is the deciding factor. A good sized one then I say go for it, but if it will just be us and a handful of others then let them deal with it. There would be no way we would be able to win. Especially given the fact that Jedi will be present more than likely."

Southstar
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:39:33 PM
"I'm almost positive about the Jedi." He added. "Tantum Reise is too connected for them not to show up. Especially with our presence known."

"Plus I think that the people might not be on board completely. A little fear and they may scatter like bugs."

Kathrine
Feb 5th, 2005, 10:16:56 PM
"Hmph...won't do much good if it is only the two of us. But I don't get to make those calls do I Mister High and mighty," she practically spat out as she walked past him and towards the group of politicians. "I'm going to see what kind of shape our "army" is in before I go rushing anywhere."

Southstar
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:19:38 PM
He let her go to investigate the status of the army. What she knew, he would also know in good time. He approached Xau's ship as the man stepped from the ramp to the ground.

"Are you ready to play Sith, Xau?" He asked.

"Huh?" A confused look encompassed his face.

"The presence of the Sith scares these people, I need you-"

"Uh-uh. No way,"

"No, I think you should. I think you will."

"Are you kidding me? Do I seriously come off as a Sith? Look at me!"

"You will. A black cloak and a lightsaber will convince most people. I will take care of any of the actual Sith actions."

"Still, no way."

"There will be a reward in it for you."

"Maybe."

Southstar left it at that and entered the building intent on finding Kathrine and finding out about the supposed army.

Kathrine
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:26:46 PM
As Southstar entered he heard his apprentice yelling at a politician that was slowly backing away.

"That is it?! That's your army? Three hundred?"

"B...but they are our best. Better trained than most. Some were even trained by ex-Royal Gaurds."

This made her stop and pause for a second. The Royal Gaurds were supposed to be the best. Prehaps these men wouldn't be so useless afterall.

"Still...it is so few against who knows how many?"

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:08:00 AM
He walked into the room, holos of the army stats and land scheme were in the center room. "Three hundred isn't good, but it isn't bad either. At least not with the proper leadership."

"We have three Sith, including Xau our pilot. Make a good example out of a small town and soon people will back off. How long until you can get your army going?"

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:39:56 AM
Kathrine looked at Southstar with a curious eye. What does he mean by Xau as a Sith? She thought to herself. The girl shrugged it off as he turned back to the subject of the army. She too was interested in hearing this explanation.

"Well...we have fourty something here with us and the others could be called to action in...," the man paused to un a few numbers through his head. "Prehaps seven hours?"

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:32:18 PM
"All of them?" He asked.

"Yes." The man seemed confident now.

"Call them up." Southstar said and as he did another man left to do so.

He studied the holo of the region. There were several large towns in the area. "Which of these has most support for the rebellion?" He asked.

Vess studied the holo for a moment. "None of them really, perhaps Karion." Vess pointed to a small town east of the building they were in. "They have a small weapons bunker in the area. We can over take that and we might be in good shape."

Southstar considered how the army could be broken up. Assuming Amar Vess could lead, two 150 men divisions that then broke up into two 75 man groups followed by three 25 man squads. He would have to appoint some officers, perhaps some had already been appointed.

He punched a few buttons to call up a closer view of the region. Not far from the town was a considerably sized sea. In between the town and sea was a large grassy plain on which the town sat. An idea sparked in his head. He asked a question which caused puzzled looks to spread on the politicians. "What kind of animal life do you have in the sea and on these plains?"

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:40:12 PM
Vess shook his head. "Nothing really intellegent or deadly for that matter. At the most there are a few large predators, but they've been dying off slowly over the years. Because of our expansion over the land the smaller ones have died and that killed the predators food source off so there has been many less sightings thankfully."

He cocked his head to the side and thought for a moment."I think the largest are a few Nexu that were imported here and Rontos. Other than that just the normal. A few rats and birds. Nothing else really."

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:59:12 PM
"Nexu are good, Rontos work as well." he said and gave Kathrine a glance, expecting she knew what he was on about. "Get your army ready and armed with whatever possible. We'll be back in an hour or so to discuss strategy.

He stepped outside the room and into the large hallway with Kathrine. "Do you think you can gather those animals?" He asked.

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:02:32 PM
"Why wouldn't I be able to?" She asked saracastically. Though she knew the Rontos she could probably handle it was the Nexu she was worried about. She had never tried controlling someting that savage.

What if I can't? She thought before quickly dismissing the thoughts. Of course she could. There wasn't anything she couldn't do. "Where do you want them?"

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:14:04 PM
He picked up on her uneasiness almost immediately. "You don't necessarily have to control them all, just enough to follow you and not kill each other."

"I think if I lead a group with Xau and Vess takes another we might be able to take out the town. But it's the people I'm worried about. We need to contain them. If you headed a stampede of sorts I think we might be able to herd them."

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:17:41 PM
"And we would be herding them where?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:25:34 PM
"At least back into the town. What happens to them is up to Vess." He replied as he turned towards the door where Xau was walking in. He had on a black cloak that Southstar had arranged for him to wear, apparently doing his best to look evil. Perhaps drafting Xau as a Sith wasn't the best idea he had.

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:32:29 PM
Kathrine sighed. She had a bad feeling that this was about to get a lot worse if Xau was looking the best he could. "are you sure about him?"

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 02:38:37 PM
No He changed the conversation to telepathy. Xau didn't need any discouragement.

"You'll stick close to me, Xau." He called and the man did as told.

Then to Kathrine. "Let me know now if you think you might not be able to do this." If he knew now he would have time to come up with a new plan. "You're positive?"

Kathrine
Feb 6th, 2005, 02:44:32 PM
"As an electrical charge," she said outloud. She shrugged off his choice for the other Sith. Whatever happened to him now would be on his head and he would pay any consequences for it. Not her.

Southstar
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:31:31 PM
"Fine." He said. "I'm going to go take a look at some maps. You have the time to yourself, but I suggest you use it to think about how to manipulate those animals. Xau, you come with me." He grabbed the hood and pulled it over Xau's eyes. "Don't look at anyone." He said quietly.

Southstar grabbed copies of the map discs and left the room he stood with the politcians in. In a private study he opened all the files and poured over the maps. Time was ticking away before he would find himself at the front of an army leading into civil war.

Kathrine
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:14:06 PM
"Hmph...like I need the practice," she said as he walked away. She went over and sat down next to the wall. Kathrine reached out and brought a few little mammals to her. She looked at them and smiled. How hard could it be really? There is no way I coudl loose this time.

OOC/ if you want to reply go ahead, but I am going to come back and add in a little about her controlling the animals later. Nothing Southstar would have to respond to.

Southstar
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:58:57 PM
This is suicide, you that right?"Xau said as soon as he knew everyone was gone.

"It could be." Southstar didn't look up from the map.

"I mean seriously. A small, poorly trained army, two Sith, and an army of animals? Not to mention myself, who is going to be of no use, other than for show."

"Are you always this insecure?"

"No... But this is crazy and-"

"Hey! Listen." He shouted and stood up. " The only reason you're still around is because of a little sympathy on my part. Get your fracking act together or you won't be around much longer."

Xau just stood there stunned for a moment then spoke almost sarcastically. "Sorry."

Southstar didn't respond. "What are you good at Xau?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you good at?"

"I dunno. I'm not real good at anything. I fly well, I guess. I mean, I'm not that good, but-"

"Shut up." He said calmly and slid the map across the table. "You see this here?" He pointed to a communications building. "I need you to take this out. Then come around here." He drew an arc that lead to the central building of the town. "And bomb this. You'll set down here and my group will meet you. We'll supply you with the bombs."

"No way. I don't do this stuff without pay."

"I thought I told you that we'd pay you."

"I need more."

"Fine. We'll negotiate it later."

OOC: That's cool. If you want just make another post and I'll wrap up Southstar's doings in a post after that giving you something to respond to.

Kathrine
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:59:42 PM
Kathrine reached out for the small mammals and touched their minds.

Come and sit on my shoulders.

The obeyed unquestioningly and ran up her arm and sat on each of her shoulders. She looked at the two and smiled. Hmm...what fun I could have.

She looked over and spied a small group of people milling around. Must be more of those aristocrats. Might as well make them usefull and get some practice.

Go play with the nice men over there.

No sooner had the thought passed her mind than the animals ran away in the direction of the aristocrats. She smiled as one and then two of the men started dancing around, swatting at thier legs and back. She started sending thoughts of the men's legs being food and was rewarded with a howl of pain. Ahh...how hard could this be?

Southstar
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:33:52 PM
To no one but himself, he would admit that he was almost nervous about the whole prospect. He had lead small groups before on military conquests. He had done some personal involvement in military affars. But never had he lead something as extravagant as a division.

He entered the room where Amar Vess had been working on his own plans.

"And where is the young girl you had with you?" Amar asked Southstar.

"Busy. She's got her own duty." He responded. "Xau, a fellow knight, will be providing some small air cover using some bombs that we will make from supplies we have here. "

"Master Southstar, seeing as you over see my power, I seek you advice regarding how to deal with these dissidents. How is it that you wish to deal with these towns people?"

"Round them up in the town center, kill them all and stack the bodies. Set a few free to warn other towns of what happens to those that oppose us. We'll incinerate the pile and then move on to the next town, offering the deal to surrender or face complete extermination."

"Hmm..." Amar mused. "I assumed you would suggest that. But as long as your confidence is in this method it shall be employed."

"Good then." Southstar responded. "Within a few hours I want to be ready to move out. Let's meet in the former room and we'll make our plans official."

"

Kathrine
Feb 9th, 2005, 10:14:39 PM
Kathrine walked in with a satisfied smile on her face. After her little demonstration she was confident that she could take care of herself. No worries in her.

She walked up to Southstar as he finished talking to Amar. "Well...? What's next? Going to go finish them off now?"

Southstar
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:39:14 PM
"Yes we are." He said.

---

The armies had finally finished assembling, little more than an hour ago and now they were nearing the town. Amar's group had seperated from Southstar's. Kathrine was now breaking off to form her own group. In the mean time Southstar wa to wait as Amar Vess was to go to the town and demand its surrender to his rule. Southstar expected the denial and within the hour it was confirmed.

Southstar lead his army to the edge of the towns limits. They first encountered farms, which were easily destroyed as fire quickly consumed the crops and the homes nearby. The next part was more difficult as houses came into play. They weren't extravagant by any means, but their searching and destruction would take unwanted time. Southstar informed his army of the policy to burn all structures and kill anyone on sight.

In a matter of hours there was a blazing trail behind him as he approached the town center, which had been bombed by Xau. Southstar was correct in his assumtion that the people would head west, towards Kathrine, as there were few in the town when he arrived.

"The town fell easily." Amar said as he met Southstar in the former town center. "Now let's hope your apprentice can keep up her end so we can finish the example."

Kathrine
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:30:19 PM
Kathrine smiled as she watched the people flee out into the west. She closed her eyes and sent out a very broad message of an abundance of food into a massive opening that the towns folk were coming to.

She opened her eyes as a loud crash sounded to her left. A pack of Nexu came crashing out of the woods, entagled with a pack of Rontos. It was a sight to see as the larger herbavoirs tried crushing the smaller feline like creatures but couldn't. Finally the people came pouring out the other side of the woods and stopped dead looking at the packs of animals fight. By this time other, smaller creatures were coming out and going into the humans who in turn began to panic. The Nexu looked over and noticed the smaller and more abundant food sources and decided to give up thier quarry with the Rontos and went for the towns folk.

For a few moments no one did anything as they came towards them until they jumped onto a few in the outskirks of the group. At that point they thought retreat would be better than the animals' stomach. They turned and ran, a few getting caught as they neared the town.

When Kathrine saw that the animals were close enough to the army she sent a mental command for them to leave, but it appeared to fall on deaf ears. She shuddered as it tore through the first rank of the army. Ohh no...

Southstar
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:41:07 PM
"Fire at will!" Amar called and the army did as commanded. Southstar tried to start calling off the animals, sending them back to where they came from, but could only move so many at a time.

"We're going to burn the city anyway." Southstar said to Amar who looked worriedly on. "Order your soldiers to set fire to the buildings, we'll be able to smoke the animals out." They might loose a few soldiers in the process, but it would be worth it if they could get the animals out.

The buildings burst into flames as the chaos in the west end ensued. It seemed that some of the animals were going away and with blaster fire it seemed the problem would be over soon. He was going to ream Kathrine out for this. He called over the coom for her to arrive in the town center.

Kathrine
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:47:42 PM
Kathrine was already on the way when her comm beeped. She ignored it as she ran through the woods. When she got to a small clearing she could see some of the animals were already scared away or killed. She sent her command out for them to leave once more and a few responded and left, but not many.

She ran up beside Southstar as the soldiers killed a few more and she sent the only one remaining away into the woods. "You called?"

Southstar
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:33:41 PM
He was hesitant to contain his rage as he did not want to make a scene in front of everyone else. For as badly this reflected on her, it reflected twice as much on him as he allowed for it to happen.

"Yeah. Just stay here."

The animal situation seemed to coming over control now and the town had been effectively destroyed; its people wiped out. But this was only one town amongst hundreds of thousands.

"One town destroyed under my power." Amar Vess said. "But so many yet stand. I've recorded most of our battle, the bad peices left out." He glared at Kathrine. "The images will be sent across the planet with a message: Join, or suffer the same. An effective strategy don't you think?"

"It is." Southstar replied while looking on at the remains of the town. They were moving out now. "And it will produce results. Any word from the town to the east?"

Amar nodded. "They've surrendered and are currently mobilizing to meet us at Vesper, the town to the north."

"Very good. We must accept no surrender once we've begun the battle. No mercy." He then changed the subject. "Have your men constructed the bombs for the next fight?"

"They have. We should have the town by nightfall. That is if we hurry." Amar borded a speeder and took it to the front of the recollecting army leaving Southstar a moment with Kathrine.

"I thought you had it under control." He said, whitholding most of his anger.

Kathrine
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:42:42 PM
"I did. They didn't destory most of the army. Just a few. A...a tactic I came up with. Sacifice a few soldiers so that from any clips they might recievce other than the ones we sent, they wouldn't guess that we...we have someone that could control the animals," she said rushed. Even though she did just think of that, it made a certain sense to her. Maybe to no one else, but it was Kathrine's way of thinking. Anything to preserve the perfect image she had of herself.

Southstar
Feb 11th, 2005, 09:33:52 PM
"You didn't know about the clips until moments ago. I only had a clue after we seperated." He exhaled. "For once, just once, can't you do what I say and do it correct?" He said while pointing his finger at her. "Even Xau, the small Force talent bumbling coward managed to pull his piece off. You're never going to make Sith Knight."

Kathrine
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:29:45 PM
She looked at him incrediously.

"Excuse me? You wanted me to herd them back in here. What exactly did I fail to do?" She stammered. " Just because I'm not your little pilot boy doesn't mean I didn't do a good job."

Southstar
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:40:38 PM
"Herd them to the point where they threatened the soldiers? Does that sound logical to you?" He wanted to say that Xau was not his little pilot boy, but with held as it would stray to far from topic. "You need to concentrate more. You need to practice more. How exactly do you plan on amounting to anything like this? Tell me please."

Kathrine
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:13:56 PM
She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped. She couldn't think of anything to say. So rather than try and embarass herself farther, she fixed an icey glare on Southstar.

Southstar
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:23:48 PM
"Yeah." He affirmed and moved away from her to dwell in his anger.

---

In due time the army gathered in front of the next town, which was much larger than the first. The second group of conscripts was on the opposite side of the town. It was completely surrounded and upon realizing this, the town officials offered a surrender. It seemed Amar Vess would have none of this as he ordered the destruction of the town.

Most of the army did the work as Vess's subordinates tended to command from the back. Vess himself, however seemed to thrive on the battles. Consequently, Southstar found himself in the midst of it, doing his best to ensure that Vess would live another to rule what he conquored. Kathrine, on the other hand, was to keep behind and watch the other subordinates and ensure their safty; saftey that was rarely threatened. Xau's ship had once again come in handy as a small group of soldiers had dropped into the town center and killed all the ruling members.

It was progress, but these were only towns out of uncountable others. They needed to do something that would make the cities surrender. It seemed that armies of people wouldn't be capable of doing so.

"A new set of cities has pedged alleigance to me." Vess said to Southstar once a majority of the fighting had been done. "It seems that even without threat of force that people want to see me rule. They think I'd be a good ruler." Southstar didn;t respond but let the man go on. "Most notably several cities and their surrounding areas have allied themselves with me. This gives us enought artillery power to ruin a disobedient city to the east. Once people see that I will take power, that it is inevitable, the whole planet will unite under my rule."

"I am confident that this will happen." Southstar replied. Personally he didn't want to get stuck there for an abundance of time. "But realistically you can't run across the world conquoring every city. We need a deal that will give us an edge to take the capitol."

"Indeed. That deal is going through at the moment. General Facet Draun has agreed to cooperate with me in assurance for his personal safety as he woul dbe tried for crimes if Tantum Reise maintains control. The destruction of these towns serves mainly as an example of how I will not tolerate any disobedience, even from the slightest bug."

"These provisional armies will go on to crush the city to the east without me. Enough of these commanders follow me now. Tommorrow I believe I will have Draun with me and our combined armies will be able to march on the capitol. I ask that the Sith accompany me. Your kind of appearance will give me a little more edge

"We will." He replied. "The sooner this ends the better."

---

The night had lapsed into early morning and Southstar found himself alone in a dimely lit room practicing his telekinesis. A floating cloth wiped his forehead and set down on a chair. Both his cloak and shirt were folded neatly on the nearby table. It was amazing how working the mind could affect the body so drastically.

Footsteps. He thought as they approached. Perhaps it was his apprentrice.

Kathrine
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:49:23 AM
Kathrine walked quietly into the room that Southstar had been training in and watched him for a moment. She was exhausted which at the moment seemed ridiculous because she hadn't really been doing any work. She had been tasked to watch over a detail of subordinates that were busy getting calls and messages from outlying towns about surrendering. Nothing spectacular and the most she seemed to be doing was scaring away a few medium sized mammals and a few reptilian animals that scared the skittish men. She supposed it was good in a way because it did give her a chance to practice her animal empathy, but that didn't make it any less boring.

She watched him as he wiped his forehead and set the cloth down. As she walked closer she watched as the dim light reflected off his body. In the right light he really didn't seem as bad as he was. What an illusion...or would he try and do that on purpose to hide his true intentions? It doesn't matter. Someday I'll show him what I'm really about.

She stopped just past the doorway and moved over to her left to the wall and leaned against it. She closed her eyes and brought one foot up and placed it behind her, flat on the wall to steady her. "Busy day?"

Southstar
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:17:54 PM
"Yeah." He breathed and grabbed his shirt. He could go into detail of both the day and how he was more competant than her to take on such responsibilty, but backed out. Perhaps the boredom of her day might have been enough.

"So you know. We're going to the capital tomorrow. Early." He slid the shirt on and sweat soaked it. "There isn't a doubt in my mind that there will be at least one Jedi present." Tommorrow could be most difficult and his prediction showed on his face. "They're under the impression that there are three Sith. "It would only be logical from their point of view." He gathered the few items he had in the room and tucked them under his arm. "I'm going to bed. We'll meet at about five for some quick practice and leave at 6:30."

He nodded his head towards her and left the room. It was awkward talking to her again after they had fought, but then that made nearly every conversation awkward. He crept up the stairs and walked downt he long hall until he found an empty room. Setting down his things he felt sleep begin to overtake him already. He closed is eyes as he lie on the bed; his last thoughts concerning tommorrow.

Kathrine
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:35:31 PM
"Jedi...hmph," she mumbled as Southstar walked out. He had probably heard her and chosen to ignore him, but she didn't care.

Once he was gone she walked into the middle of the room and unclipped her lightsaber from her belt. She swung it widely through the air and ignited it just before it made a complete circle. She brought it to rest in front of her at an angle so that anyone in front of her would see that she truely was symetrical for a moment.

Slowly at first and then speeding up, she brought the weapon around in a complete circle on each side of her. As she finished the arc on her left she followed through with a thrust that extended her body to its max. She came back up with a diagonal cut and smiled as she threw the weapon up in the air and caught it with minimal concentration. Yeah. Jedi...bring them.

As Kathrine stared at her blade however it's purple glow softened and flickered. What's this? She thought just before the weapone completely shut off. The young apprentice snatched it out the air and disengaged the power and then switched it back on. Nothing happened.

"What? But I didn't do anything to it," she said outloud. She flicked it on and off a few more times. The fourth time it finally came to life. She smiled as she disengaged it and switched it on once more. "Probably just a short. I'll see to it once we get back to the Palace."

She turned it off and left to find an empty room. It had been an hour since Southstar had left her alone so she should miss to much sleep. She walked into one abandoned room and layed down on the bed and closed her eyes, going into a dream land that was sure to bring her dreams of glorification and praise.

Southstar
Feb 16th, 2005, 03:33:46 PM
The morning seemed to be quick flash of events. Quick images of the war scenes on the holo as well as the newfound rioting in some of the major cities, Amar Vess and his subordinates squabbling over the next move, not to mention remembering his own conflicts with his apprentice. There was so much on the plate today.

"The people are actually rioting for you. They reject the new rule of Tantum Reise." One of the fat subordinates said to Amar Vess, who was now carefully selecting his strategy.

"They know that with you rule comes saftey and order." Another chimed in. "At least that's what the commercials are saying. No peace or peace under Vess."

Southstar sipped a hot beverage and rubbed his eyes. This deal with the General had better go though. Southstar would make it go through.

Xau Ghin walked down the into the room with a warm beverage of his own. "I'm a bit nervous about flying into the capitol." He said and took a sip.

"Don't worry about it. You're ship was outfitted with the best upgrades over the night. Some spoils from you part in Vess' crusade. Plus, the general has a handle of the air forces and he seems to lean towards our side."

"Oh." Xau said quietly. "Where's your... your thing?"

"My thing?" He questioned. "Oh, my apprentice. She should be around soon. At least she better be."

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:38:52 AM
She woke up groggily and rubbed her eyes as she got up and went to the fresher. She cleaned herself up and got dressed before walking out of her room. As she closed the door behind her, Kathrine paused and unclipped her lightsaber. She smiled satisfactorily as it ignited. She clipped it back on and went to the briefing room where she found everyone talking. She scanned the room for Southstar and found him in the center of it talking to Vess. She walked over to the pair and didn't even wait for them to acknowledge her before speaking. "Anything new?"

Southstar
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:07:25 PM
"It seems the people desire me to lead them." Vess said before Southstar could.

In response he nodded. "And I do believe we have a rendevous with a general. Let's get to it then." He set the cup down and lead the way towards the door.

---

The ship flew low across the countryside speckled with towns and cities. In each of the cities it was apparant that the local governments were loosing control as the streets were filled with people and some buring buildings.

"There's been another development." Southstar said to Kathrine. "The presence of two Jedi has been confirmed."

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:12:35 PM
"Only two?" She asked with an air of arrogance. "Underestimating aren't they?"

Southstar
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:40:58 PM
"Maybe they're good." He shrugged. "And you should watch yourself. If it comes to conflict do not forget that you are only an apprentice. Do not bite off more than you can chew." He didn't mean to come off as scolding, but it did. Loosing an apprentice was not something he wanted to do.

Kathrine
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:57:20 PM
She caught his scold and, intentional or not, shot back at him. "I'm better prepared than you might think."

Southstar
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:46:46 AM
He paused for a moment. "You had better be."

The ship set down slowly and all on board exited. There was an ambassador from the general there to meet them as Draun couldn't just stick his head out too often. The Sith were ever watchful as they left the ship and followed the ambassador into the fortified building.

Draun stood there, he was much shorter and younger than Southstar expected. "Good day to you Sire Vess and Sith." He had a thick accent. "We have much to discuss, but first we shall eat."

Draun lead them to a large room with an elaborate feast prepared. The general took the head of the table and Southstar guided his group of Sith to the back end.

"If you will excuse me." Southstar said before he sat down. "I wish to investigate the grounds for threats. My apprentice Kathrine will fill in for me for the time being."

"I assure my soldiers have everything under control, but go if you must." Draun said.

Don't say anything I wouldn't. He sent telepathically to Kathrine. I will be back shortly.

Kathrine
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:28:40 PM
I doubt this could be that hard, she sent back as she sat down at the table. She watched him leave and turned to look at the others on the other side of the table. For the most part they were sitting down there talking amongst themselves. She smiled and turned to look at Xau. He seemed nervous, but was holding himself together.

She looked at the food in front of her and smiled. It was eloquently prepared and this was the kind of treatment that she was used to. She picked through the food and put a piece of a roasted bird on her plate along with a few vegetables. When she was through she dug in. A few moments went by before Xau was waving his hand at her.

"What?" She demanded. He pointed down the table where everyone was looking at her.

Draun looked at her and smiled. "M'lady, I was just asking the Sith's part in all of this. What makes us so interesting to your people?"

Kathrine swallowed a piece of the bird and replied meekly. "Umm...the Sith's part? Well we are wanting to keep order in the galaxy and make sure everyone is happy."

"Yes but a majority of the people just want to be self governed. I believe this would make them happy. What do you have to say about this?"

"Well...we aren't just going to please everyone. To keep order there has to be...rules and we enforce them. Besides you can't make everyone happy so we do what's good for them too..."

"But doesn't that contradict what you just said?"

Kathrine sighed. This was going to be a long dinner.

Southstar
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:08:22 PM
Southstar looked cautiously out the dark window. Nothing and nothing. The people weren't rioting anymore, which struck him as unusual. The Jedi may be supressing the violent feelings. They'd need a strong mentalist then.

"How tight is security?" He asked an armed soldier.

"Tantum Reise tried to attack the building once before, sir. We stopped them two blocks down."

"Good. Carry on." Southstar walked aroun the hallway some more. Something was nagging at him, he knew it was the Force. But what was it tryig to point out to him?

Kathrine
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:29:53 PM
"So what you are saying is that all the Sith are very different on their opinions about what we should be made to act like?" Draun asked.

"Well yes...I mean no. All Sith believe in a common goal. It is our routes that differ in each of us. Southstar has a much softer, yet effictive way of approaching people whereas I have a more direct and strength oriented approach. I believe in striking fear in my enemies, whereas others believe that lesser means can achieve the same results."

"I see...interesting," the general said taking a sip from his cup. He locked eyes with the Sith apprentice and imeadiately Kathrine felt she didn't like him. Or was it trust?

She stretched herself out to the Force towards Southstar, hoping he would get the message and hurry back. She was not looking forward to more questions.

Placing his cup down his eyes changed their tone and Draun smiled again. "So tell me. Which of these approaches do you think will work better in our case?"

"In your case? First you must do something about your Jedi problem. Having them occupy a planet you wish the Sith's help on is not a good starter."

"Well, we are going our best and we have been able to repel recent attacks on the stronghold."

Southstar
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:45:00 PM
Things had a sense of invisibility outside the building and he was struggling to find out why. He exhaled hard and turned the corner. In the distance the spire of the former parliment scraped the sky. It was strange to him how they could be so close to eradicating these rebels yet be so far. Assuming that all the representitives would be dead by dusk, their influence would spread on. Ideas were more powerful than any weapon.

He felt Kathrine reaching out through the Force requesting that he return. Nothing was coming to hi as he wondered around, perhaps the general would be more helpful. I'll be right there.

He re-entered the room and took his seat opposite of the general. "Last I heard the crowds were rioting in favor of Vess." He commented as he sat down.

"They were. But now they've all died down. Unexpected isn't it?"

"It is." He replied.

"The rebels have been cornered to the parliment and they have few er supporters now. It seems most fear what Vess would do if they were openly rebellious." Draun said.

"Once things settle down, I plan to focus on the individual rebels. Prevent any more occurances like this."

Southstar nodded. "With the destruction of the hijacked parliment I think this little revolution will be over."

"Hmm." Draun murmured. "That is if Vess and the Sith agree to my terms."

A flock of servants entered the room and set down dishes.

"But for now, we'll eat."

Kathrine
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:12:53 PM
She sighed a breath of relief as she heard Southstar's message. Atleast she wouldn't have to deal with these poloticians much longer.

"Thank the Force," she muttered after he arrived and Draun turned to eating. Kathrine reached over and picked up a piece of bread. It was sweet and had an almost honey taste. Atleast some of the perks are worth the talk.

Southstar
Feb 19th, 2005, 10:19:52 PM
The meal was several courses long and Southstar could see why. Draun wanted to soften the enviroment as well as the people before they went into business; It was understandable to him. Perhaps the better people felt the better the busines affairs would go.

"So." Draun said as the last dish was taken away. "Now unto business. There are three groups here at this table, each looking out for his own best interests. The question placed before us is: Can we all be in each other's best interests?"

"I'm going to simple with you. Our army, though strong, is not nearly as powerful as it needs to be. Not enough to embark on the conquests I want to take. Mr. Vess, I want you to turn the little draft you've created into a planetwide affair giving them to me. From the Sith I want more star power and authorization to colonize sections in the deep core."

Southstar spoke first. "Considering the general territory, it is a reasonable request. Getting too close to Coruscant is will not be allowed and the same goes for any of the New Republic core worlds. The Sith Order doesn't want them looking over our shoulders."

"Now tell me, why deal with Amar Vess at all? Why won't you take control of the planet yourself?" It was a little gamble that could seperate Vess and Draun or bring them closer together.

Draun responded. "I have no love for politics and there isn't a way around them. General's weren't made to be politicians."

Vess spoke. "What brings you glory will also bring this world and its leader glory. The conscription will serve as weeding out the backbone of the people. If those are your only terms, then I find myself agreeing."

To Southstar it seemed the agreement had been prefabricated without his knowledge. Were they honestly trying to corner the Sith? "However, due to our ties with the Imperials, we can not give you more ships. You may wish to build your own, however." Southstar knew that building a significant star fleet would take some time for Draun, which was why he would allow it. His primary concern was that Draun and vess might be too powerful and threaten the Order's power in the the Core area.

"We don't have the ships to give." His eyes said that was his position and it wasn't going to change.

"We will build then." Vess said. "But we still need authorization from the Sith Order. Without it New Republic fleets will interfere with our plans."

"We need a deatailed plan of what you hope to accomplish. I will bring it before the Elders at the palace, but that is all that I can do." He replied.

"One shall be drafted. Do we have your word you will be a proponant of this plan?"

"You do. I wish to see Tantum Reise destroyed aws much as you do."

"It is settled then." Draun said and stood up. "As we will be making the law, there is no need to sign anything. In two hours, this attempted revolution will be over."

Kathrine
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:10:17 PM
"It had better be," Kathrine mumbled under her breath. As much as she wished to go up against a Jedi, she was also growing bored of this place rapidly. She turned to look at Southstar. You think the Jedi would honestly show up within the two hours?

Southstar
Feb 20th, 2005, 03:57:08 PM
Depends on how well Draun's army does. The way he keeps talking it up I should hope their numbers would be able to crush some Jedi.

----

Southstar stood at the top of the building they ate dinner in watching as Draun's army flooded the streets. The air power was next to follow, keeping a tight watch on events as they unfolded. The calmed rioters were being forced into their homes until the capitol had been settled and Vess taken complete power. They seemed to be progressing rapidly as whatever physical resistance Tanum Reise had seemed to have dissappeared.

"A three day revolution." He said outloud. Except the revolution had swayed in favor of an unexpected third candidate; Vess.

The army stopped as it came within range of the parlimentary building. The ships in the air were even avoiding flying over it. "What's going on here?" Soutshatr said over the comm to Vess and Draun.

"We don't know. The soldiers are unexplainably refusing to order to march on." Draun said. "They're in a state similar to that of the former rioters. Too calm."

The Jedi. He thought. But it would seem that it would take a horde of them to mentally stop an army. "We'll investigate." He said and looked to his apprentice.

Kathrine
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:05:45 AM
Kathrine smiled as her hand caressed the hilt of her lightsaber. Finally, she thought. Now the real fun should begin.

She followed Southstar off the roof and to the calmed soldiers. Draun was right. There was something going on here. She could feel it through the Force.

Southstar
Feb 21st, 2005, 04:36:46 PM
He did his best to avoid the crowds of both soldiers and citizens on his way towards the parlimentary building but whever he went, as he got closer, they would surround the Sith and apprentice from all sides. If it was the Jedi pacifying them, then he could easily turn the groups of people against them.

It seemed as he thought that, the Jedi had heard him and taken his suggestion. "The Sith." They said uniformly. "Capture the Sith."

"Don't let them get us!" He said as he send a wave of telekinesis against them, forcing them back.

Rayna Eclipse
Feb 21st, 2005, 06:47:23 PM
"The Sith are approaching." Rayna said monotnously from beneath her white hood. She turned her head towards her fellow Jedi, Enith Heradin when he spoke.

"They will come to us, regardless of the crowds."

"Such foolish determination." She commented.

"Hatred will drive one to such foolishness." He concluded. Enith turned around, his white cloak following him like a drift of wind, and faced the group of representitives. "The Sith are coming and a terrible storm follows them. Though you may claim alleigence to them, they will not hesitate to kill you."

"I suggest you run." Rayna said in the still monotnous tone. "We do not wish to see your blood on these grounds." Some of the men turned and ran towards the door, but most stayed. "Where are the Tantum Reise?" She asked again, without emotion.

"They are safe." Enith confirmed but did not mention where.

Rayna nodded and tightened herwhite cloak around her body. "They are approaching."

Kathrine
Feb 21st, 2005, 07:07:32 PM
Kathrine pushed a few of the soldiers back and brought up her lightsaber up. She didn't even have to ignite the weapon for the soldiers to stay back.

"The Jedi are protecting them. They aren't going to risk thier lives...," she said. She smirked as she continued forward and kept using the Force to push a few back. "How like the Jedi. To caring to really get a job done."

Southstar
Feb 21st, 2005, 11:36:36 PM
"They can't seem to do a job right." He replied as he send a burst of TK into the crowd. "Unless they want us to come." He said and kncked a few of the citizens into a fountain. The power the Jedi were wielding amazed him. There were literally thousands of people outside the parlimentary building who were all calmed and under the control of a, or more likely a group of, Jedi. They had some strong mentalists on their side, Southstar knew that and silently wished for his old apprentice, Je'gan. Je'gan was very skilled in skills of the mind whereas Southstar was not; things might be easier with him around.

He glanced at his brash apprentice who was pushing her way through the crowd. She had mental skills, but they were of low class now. She worked with animals well, but Jedi were something far from.

"For your own safety, do not try to rush the Jedi. They will not be hesitant to kill a Sith." They were now a block away from the parlimentary building and the crowds were starting to get more hostile. To be honest, he didn't think the crowds were meant to actually stop the Sith; it was more of a show.

Finally it stopped as they came within ten yards of the main door. It was very large and old, decorated with intricate metal work. A flash of the interior appeared in his mind with a path to the main chamber. They Jedi were in his mind. Immediately he set up guards against anymore attacks. "Watch your mind. Guard it."

Kathrine
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:43:51 AM
Kathrine was already a step ahead of him in that sense. She had felt the Jedi starting to enter her mind and lifted the barriers she had been taught. They were weak from lack of practice, but they were able to keep the brunt of the force out. She could still pick up on subtle messages though.

"Great...mentos...," she mumbled as she walked up the door and started to open it. "Guess they want us to come on in."

Southstar
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:10:18 PM
The door creaked as the people behind them calmed and stopped moving. Colored light was speckled on the marble floor from the stained glass window above the door. The interior was magnificent, but the buildings duties as a house for a legislative body were soon to be terminated.

"Keep you eyes peeled and senses aware. Surprise is our enemy." He said quietly as his own eyes scanned the generally dark room.

Rayna Eclipse
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:06:33 PM
"No surpises here, Sith." Enith said from the balcony. "Deception is the path of the darkside." Rayna walked slowly to his side, her eyes carefully watching the two Sith below.

"Your supporters" Enith continued. "You can take them and leave this planet with your and their lives. But if continue to support this tyrant Vess... There will be consequences."

Kathrine
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:38:25 PM
Kathrine looked up at the Jedi and snarled.

"Yeah...for you maybe...," the young girl growled.

Southstar
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:10:13 PM
"Take the left." Southstar said as he headed toward the right staircase, hand on his lightsaber. He couldn't discern which was the apprentice and which the master. Then, there was the possibility that they were both knights, masters even.

The Jedi retreated into the room they came from and soon the Sith followed in. It was a large chamber beneath the outside spire. Beneath them was the main room where the parliment met. Where the Sith and Jedi were standing, was the balcony that encircled it. As a fight was inevitable, it was going to be in close quarters as the balcony was only about ten feet wide. The male Jedi was to the left, the woman to the right.

The male talked most, so Southstar assumed his was the leader. But the way the girl looked at him from under her white hood tipped him off. She was the calmest, the most emotionless, the most Jedi like. She was the true master.

"You've got the boy." He said as they approached the plit in the balcony.

Kathrine
Feb 25th, 2005, 11:26:03 AM
Kathrine looked at the boy and smiled.

"With pleasure," she said as she walked up the stairs. She held her ignited lightsaber at mid-gaurd. The purple blade thrummed in the air. She came to a halt in front of the Jedi and a smile full of malice came over her face. "Well then...looks like it's me and you."

"Yes. It would appear so Sith," he said reaching calmly for his lightsaber and activating the light blue weapon. He held it up in a high guard. She stepped forward and brought her lightsaber up and thrust it at the Jedi's chest. He easily dodged and batted it down as he took a horizontal swing at her. She lowered herself as the blade went harmlessly over her head.

"To slow Jedi," she said swinging at the his feet from her lowered position. He jumped over the blade and inverted his and kept it coming down as he landed and lowered himself to his knees. Kathrine's sense's tingled about the upcoming attack and she rolled to the left side. She rolled her feet up and used the coiled tension to launch herself from her back to her feet.

She smiled as she stepped forward and brought the blade up and then to the right inside the Jedi's defenses and normally it would have sent the blade straight through the person, but when Kathrine looked, the only thing there was the pummel of her lightsaber. A look of confusion and then horror came over her face.

"Looks like you aren't all you think you are Sith. Apparently the Force is not with you today," he said as he turned to face her. Before he even got a quater of a way, Kathrine brought up her fist and punched him in the face. She stepped back and tried to do a round house, but he held up his lightsaber and foudn she had no opening. She started looking around for something, anything, to use against the Jedi. She started to use the Force to lift anything she could find and throw at him. She was beginning to look pretty deperate.

Southstar
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:09:11 PM
He watched as Rayna stepped away as he approached. "I do not wish to fight you." She said emotionless. He couldn't tell if she was scared, nor if she was prepared. He activated his blade but recieved nothing in return. The Jedi only walked backwards eyeing him from underneath her hood.

Southstar struck swiftly as he swung toawrds her hip. She activated her green blade and stopped his. They paused a moment, their blades humming. Southstar snorted and resumed the attack at full speed. He was a student of Form IV, which emphisized speed and agility. It was his first goal to try and out speed her, make the pace so fast it would be her undoing. But she kept up without a hint of emotion.

It was a blur of navy blue and green to any onlooker. Southstar was moving the most, Rayna merely stood and defended as best she could. Rather quickly, the fight was progressing across the balcony. Southstar could see Kathrine doing her best against the other Jedi, it seemed to be going well for her. Then her lightsaber cut out.

In anger, Southstar intensified his fight with the female Jedi in an attempt to try and get to Kathrine before the male Jedi's lightsaber did. It was a leap of about 30 feet between the two parallel balconies, something he knew he could preform with the Force. However, the issue of his own duel was preventing him from doing such. Honestly, he didn't want to loose another apprentice, regardless of whether or not she had it coming. If anyone was to kill her under his tutalidge, it would be him. Which he had considered more than once before.

Time seemed as it stopped and his vision became fuzzy. He could barely make out the brillient light of the lightsabers. What had happened? Searing noise broke into his ears. A sharp pain in the most Force sensitive part of his mind gave away that the Jedi, one of them or both, had overcome his defenses. The whole experience lasted no more than half a minute.

He opened his eyes to find that the female Jedi he fought was gone. The male was out of sight as well. "Kathrine?" He called loudly.

Rayna Eclipse
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:09:57 PM
She was most skilled in her mental abilities even to the point where her onesidedness worked against her in most cases. The Sith Southstar had admirable defenses, but it was nothing new to her; they were easily overcome. The same applied to his apprentice, he had obviously taught her. Enith, on the other hand, had to mind that was most easily invaded. She had grown up with the man, she knew his tricks.

She let her mind lash out at all three Force sensitives in the room. They became deafened and blinded with no sense of reality. Such a mental block could only be sustained for so long, but she only need twenty seconds.

Rayna leapt the gap between the balconies and landed behind Enith; he seemed to be in so much pain. She saw what he was about to do, end the young Sith's life with his lightsaber.

"Sorry." She mouthed as she cut through his neck with her own lightsaber.

Southstar was breaking free of the mental block now, and she made the effort to disappear.

Kathrine
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:18:48 PM
"Over here," Kathrine said as she stumbled across the floor and tripped on something. She looked down at her feet and quickly pulled them away. There lay the Jedi she had been fighting and his neck was sliced through.

The Apprentice stood up and put her hand on her head as if it would lessen the pain inside. "And so is he..."

Southstar
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:05:26 PM
He ran around the balcony as he didn't think he had the strength to just leapt the gap. Whoever, though he assumed it was the girl, was behind the mental attack, had drained him. He walked swiftly withhis anger expressed across his face. He stepped over the body of the Jedi, ignoring it.

His clenched fist tightened as it flew through the air and collided with Kathrine's temple. "What the hell is this crap?" He screamed and picked up her lightsaber. "You can't build a lightsaber properly?" He threw it down at her feet with a force to break it. He picked her up and jacked her up against the wall. "I swear I should kill you!" He gritted. He threw her across the floor and she crashed into the railing, which cracked. "As a matter of fact, I will."

Kathrine
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:15:01 PM
Crack.

The sound echoed in her head as she blacked out from the punch and woke up a moment later as her back crashed into a railing. She fell down on her face and slowly made her way to her knees. "Wh...o...do you...th-think you...are..."

The words barely made it out of her drained body. She looked up at Southstar and tried reaching out with the Force to pick up something to throw at him. Only a small, but sharp piece of metal from her broken lightsaber hilt rose unsteadily and flew at him.

Southstar
Feb 26th, 2005, 03:16:12 PM
He waved it away with his own telekinesis. "Perhaps if you practiced more" He smiled. Continueing the telekinesis he threw her furhter down the balcony. Walking to meet her at a swift pace he spoke again. "That Jedi hould have killed you, and to think, I intended to stop him. You have no control! No work ethic! No ambition! How is it that you plan to master the darkside? The darkside masters you with your folly."

Kathrine
Feb 26th, 2005, 03:21:03 PM
Kathrine crawled to her knees and threw her hair back as she glanced at him. "He would not have killed me..."

She climbed to her feet and stumbled towards him slowly, determined to meet him face to face.

Southstar
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:21:42 PM
"Oh he would have." he nodded as he let loose another TK blast. Walking forward now. "A Sith apprentice defeats a Jedi Knight, sounds like a myth or legend to me. Are you legendary, Kathrine? Do you think you are?"

Kathrine
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:36:51 PM
"I think I am what I want to be...," she muttered as she attempted to stand. He raised her hand towards Southstar and flexed her fingers, letting loose a blast of her own telekinetics. He was starting to really make her mad and she could feel the Force boiling inside of her, but she had gone past any hope of trying to call on it. All she could do was hope that she had the strength to hold him off till she could get away.

Southstar
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:56:45 PM
"Well maybe you should reanalyze yourself." He let her weakened telekinetic blast hit him, causing him to lean back a little. "I can't believe you would be arrogant enough to try and beat me at my own game." He was referring to telekinesis. He picked her up with the Force and threw her over the balcony.

Kathrine
Feb 26th, 2005, 08:27:05 PM
Kathrine fell down over the edge and landed on her back. Her breath was knocked out of her and blackness overcame her vision. SHe could barely make out the sounds that were coming over her.

Southstar
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:42:51 AM
Southstar looked over the edge, with his anger fueling him he glided down using the Force. Kathrine seemed to barely be conscious. He stared at her for a moment inher helpless state. He could finish her off, in fact he felt that he should. He refrained. "Don't let me catch sight of you again." He said and stormed off.

Kathrine
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:53:14 AM
Kathrine woke a day later, her head pounding from the slightest movement. She brought her hand up to it and tried to massage the pain away. She looked around and noticed she was still in the room that she and Southstar had faught the Jedi.

Southstar...now I remember. He left me here for dead. That Sithspawn. Wait till I get my hands on him! She thought as she stood up and slowly made her way outside. Most of the roiting was over and no doubt Southstar was already off planet. She would just have to find Vess and Draun and see what she could do.

Southstar
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:01:59 PM
As he exited the building he was met by Draun and Vess. He informed them of the defeat of the Jedi, but left it at that. His instructions for them was to destroy the parliment building (with all inside), as a sign of their power on the newly conquored planet. Before he departed he let them know that they were in his debt and he would call that up one day.

---

Southstar slid into one of the seats in Xau Ghin's ship.

"Hey, uh can I ask you a favor?" Xau asked as he approached. The ship was already in space, prepped for hyperspace.

"Yeah." He responded.

"I need you to take something to Jorshal Vuntana back at the palace."

"Really?" He said with a curious look on his face. "How do you know him?"

"He's um, we're related."

"Right... What is it?"

Xau presented a box that was carefully wrapped. "Don't open it. It's kind of special."

"Alright. I'll take care of it." Southstar said and took the box.

"Hey." Xau called. "That Jedi insider left a messege with a place to meet her."

"Where at?"

"Back at the space station that we were at three days ago."

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:39:36 PM
Rayna walked swiftly across the metal floor. She did not wear her white robes, in fact she wore something a little more revealing; which she was not entirely comfortable with either. Nobody was looking at her as she pushed her way through the thick crowds, nobody really recognized her as was expected. Most people of this region could recognize a Jedi by face, her mental abilites kept her identity a mytsery.

She walked into a cafe, stopping for just a moment to look around. There he was, reading a datapad. She knew that he was aware of her presence, but that really didn't matter anymore. She walked briskly to his table and sat down without a word.

Southstar
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:45:07 PM
"The insider amongst the Jedi. The traitor to the Jedi." He said as he lowered the datapad. "It was you who executed the male Jedi. You've known about all our moves and intentions. Now you make your move."

She didn't say anything.

"You're in quite the difficult situation, aren't you?"

Kathrine
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:11:55 PM
Kathrine found Vess and Draun in a small estate building not far from where she had woken up and when she walked into the room they both looked at her with mix of surprise and annoyance.

"I thought you were de...."

"Where is he?!" She shouted as she limped into the room holding her right side.

"Well...we aren't sure. He came out yesterday and told us to tear the building down and destroy everything in it. Then we haven't seen him since."

"Oh he did did he?"

"Yes," Vess said rising from his seat. Kathrine shot him a glance and instantly he was dropped back down in his chair.

"I want out of here now. I want off this planet and I want the last known location of that man."

"I already said we don't know. All we know is that he left yesterday. And we don't have a ship available to take you anywhere. The most we have is a frieghter going to Coruscant in three days. You are more than welcome to stay here until then."

She thought about it and finally nodded.

"Good. Then please allow our servant to show you to your room."

The Sith Apprentice allowed herself to be shown out of the room and to a room of her own where she would rest and hopefully get someone to look at her wounds.

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:47:04 PM
"I'm no longer wanted on Yoric." She said without a hint of emotion. "Tantum Reise has placed a bounty on my head for my treachery. Even the Jedi I have infiltrated know of my trechery. I seek asylum and guidance."

"Which you will recieve," Southstar said. "Granted that your infiltration proves of worth towards the Sith Order. What do you know about the White Moon?"

"I know nothing of the White Moon. I could infiltrate only the Aequitas Order, which is the general Jedi group. The White Moon is for only a select few. What goes on there is unknown to many."

She continued. "I know much of the Order of Aequitas. Even more of Tantum Reise." She glared into his eyes. "I assure you I am worth accepting."

Southstar
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:57:13 PM
"Let's go then." He stood up and walked out of the cafe without a word. Once they got to the dock he noticed Rayna give Xau a strange look. Instantly, it became apparent to him that they knew each other before hand. They weren't just connected through a series of people, they had worked together on something. He would get to the bottom of it in due time.

Until then, he wanted to get back to the palace and reorganize. Apparently he was to take on Jezreal Darkshard as a student, he was to guide her so she could master telekinesis. It was a new adventure for him. He also had a hole now as Kathrine was no longer his apprentice. Rayna spoke of needing guidance, she had Force potential. Perhaps that hole Kathrine's departure created was filled again. The future looked promising.

Kathrine
Mar 2nd, 2005, 04:14:33 PM
The next morning someone beeped at her door and Kathrine groggily got up and answered. It was the doctor she had requested yesterday. She allowed him in and limped her way over to a table and hopped up onto it. In doing so her side fired up in pain. She placed her hand on her side and her breath calmed slightly.

She let the doctor examine her and a few moments later he was done. "Well...it looks like you have a few broken ribs and maybe a sprained ankle. Nothing to serious. A full day in bacta should have you feeling new."

"Maybe...but is there a bacta tank available?"

"Oh I'm sure we could find one for a Sith."

"Fine...call me when it is ready and I'll be there."

A few hours later...

Kathrine was again woken up by the doctor telling her he had found a spare bacta tank and if she wanted he would hold it until she arrived. She dressed and called one of teh servants to take her tehre via speeder. An hour and half later she walked out of a changing room wearing a few strips of cloth. Barely enough to cover her as she was lowered into the bacta tank.

Once she was fully imersed, she closed her eyes and sent herself into a Force induced sleep. She set her biological time clock to wake her up every seven hours so she could get an update on her body.

Kathrine
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:14:51 AM
A few days later, Kathrine was fully healed as she walked onto the ramp of the small transport that would take her to Coruscant. From there she was sure she could find a transport that would take her to Corellia.

She jingled the little satchel at her side and smiled. After being removed from the bacta tank she had gone back to the black Southstar had abandoned her and found the jewels from her lightsaber. She would construct another one and soon. You days are numbered Southstar...just you wait.