PDA

View Full Version : Useless or useful?

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:38:41 AM
Twenty-three years ago...

"Rayche it's a boy! It's a boy!" Mr D'ran yelled to his mother-in-law as he ran out of the delivery room in one of Corellia's finest hospitals.

"Well of course it is a boy Harold. We all saw the results from the tests. It shouldn't surprise you that much."

"I know, I know, but it is so much different when I can actually see him."

Rayche smiled at the young father. She could understand his excitement, for she was filling it as well.

"Well...are they both doing ok?"

"Hmm...oh yes! Julie didn't have any complications and the baby, I mean Trevor is doing just fine," Harold said wearing a proud grin. He was only listening to her half minded, as he was excitedly telling every passerby that he was now a father.

"That's good then," she said with a smile. "And I take it that Trevor is...normal?"

Now Harold turned his attention to the older woman with a serious look. "It's to soon to tell, but he's my son and if you think for one second I'm goi-"

"Oh please Harold, I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just curious that's all."

He gave her a weary look before slowly nodding and accepting her story. "Fine, but even if he does turn out like that he is still my son and I will protect him and his mother with my life."

"And I would expect no less of you. Now let's go and take a gander at the lad, shall we?"

"Ok...just wait till you see him he has the most wonderful smile ever and his eyes...."

Twenty years ago...

"Mr and Mrs D'ran, please come in," the doctor said as he opened the door for the couple. "Thank you for coming on such short notice."

Harold didn't take a seat, but instead paced behind Jules. "Ok doc....just give us the diagnosis. Does he...is he..."

The doctor nodded solemly. "I'm sorry. I know this came as a surprise seeing as hwo old he is, but I'm afraid the results are unanimous. Trevor shows all the traits."

Julie let out a shudder. "B...but I don't understand. Why now? Why him?"

"To tell the truth I'm not sure. No one is. This is a very new disease. Not much is known about Vampilycosis. It has only recently been discovered and now being studied. It's common effects were shifting facial features, enlarged canines, the body can't substain its own hemoglobin causing the person to have to get it from other places and in some cases slight or extreme cases of allergic reactions to UV lights. I'm not sure what to tell you. There's not a cure for it and the most we have been able to come up with so far is a serum to help with the Hemoglobin problem."

The doctor sighed and wiped his glasses with a small cloth. "But Trevor is unique in this case. He has the ability to change his facial structure at will. I'm not sure how, but he does. He also seems to have slightly increased physical attributes. Nothing to impressive, but enough to notice for a child his age. I would say he has the strength of a child about two years older than him. As he gets older it won't be as apparent, he'll probably just be like a person that is in excellent physical condition. I must say I am surprised by this developement as you are, but I am wondering if we could keep Trevor here overnight and run a few more-"

"Absolutely not!" Harold shouted. "I don't care what he has, he is my child and not a science experiment. You cost us our last two children this way and you won't take Trevor away from us."

He grabbed his distraught wife and pulled her with him. "Come on Jules we're out of here."

Five years ago...

"Ahh...whosa gon know?" Trevor asked as he stepped out of a local Corellian tavern. He had had more than his share of alcohol for one night, but he didn't seem to care. His parents would however if they caught the eightteen year old out like this.

"Ohh...o'tay," his friend Quinn said. The two young drunks stumbled across the street and down a few blocks before arriving in front or an elegeant looking house.

"Hey....Reth...Red..Repd...whatever your name is...git on outta her'!" Trevor yelled in his most mannly voice before breaking up into a hysterical fit. The two boys continued laughing and throwing things at the house until a flashing light pulled up behind them.

"Alright you two...I think you had enough fun for one night," one of the exiting polica officers said. "Why don't you pack it up and head home."

"Oh lok Quinny...it's the po po," he said to his friend before turning around and glaring at the two. "Why don't ya jest shud up and git outta her."

"Alright son, you wanna play like that, then fine. We'll be more than glad to take you out of here outselves."

One of the men took a grab at Trevor but the young man moved and dodged him. The second came up behind him and hit him over the head. Trevor fell down momentarily stunned, but when he got back up and turned to face the man, the officer dropped his stick and backed away slowly. He looked over to Quinn and the other officer and both of them were backing up as well.

Now Trevor might have been drunk, but he wasn't stupid. He knew the look on the man's face. He reached up to his own and sure enough he had changed. He turned and ran home. He had never allowed anyone to see that side of him except his doctors. Now that the police and his friend had seen it, he was sure that he would be branded a freak by the town and never welcomed back.

He turned down numerous allies until he was out of breath. When he reached back up he found his face had changed back. He sobbed and tears fell as the night went on and he fell asleep. When he woke up the next morning, he was thankful he had carried his sunglasses. He put them on and walked out of the alley and towards a small shop to get something to eat. On the way however he passed a holdvid that was showing his face all over the news. There was a warrent out for him and he was to be considered armed and dangerous.

Scared, Trevor did the only thing he knew to do. He ran towards the city's landing platforms and ran to his parent's personal ship. It wasn't must, but it did have the basics and would get him to the next star system.

He ran up the ramp and closed it behind him. He threw himself in the pilot's seat and punched in the pre-flight sequence just as he had done numerous times in the past. When he looked out his cockpit window he saw his parents standing there looking at him and waving. His mother was crying and his father held her in his arm to support her. They knew what he was doing, but there wasn't much he could do about it. The smalll shuttle lifted into and out of the atmosphere and Trevor began to cry again as the stars streaked past him as he went into hyperspace.

Present day...

"Hit me," Trevor said as he slammed his glass on the bar. He had been in the tavern for about an hour and every ten minutes he would ask the bartender for another shot of Juga whiskey.

He had been on Coruscant since running away from home and hadn't returned since. Here the only thing anyone knew about him was that he was a pilot and a good one at that. He usually dealt with smugglers, but occasionally did something legally.

"Not today Trevor...not until you pay your tab." The bartender said.

"Oh come on...you know I'm good for it!"

But the bartender just shook his head and walked away. "How is a guy supposed to bloody drink then?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:15:48 AM
It had been a good month now since Quay's death and things were starting to get back to normal. Not that Quay's passing would ever really allow that, but things would get liveable again.

The young Starpilot stood outside a bar and decided it was time to get something to drink, just not alcohol because she had such a low tolerance. But, a good cup of Cider sounded good.

The doors whisked open and the whiff of stale cigars and old whiskey filled her nasal passages, it was the normal fragrance for a regular run of the mill bar.

The young woman was cloaked and hooded and had a blaster hooked to her belt. She entered and removed the hood as several occupants took notice.

Cat calls and hooting took place as she passed along the bar, Cheyanne merely shook her head and rolled her eyes. Until one guy, a rather large brut met her a few steps later and stood in her way.

"Ooh, now aren't you a pretty one? I think, me and my friends could get to know you really well..." He pointed over to his just-as-nasty friends.

Cheyanne smiled. "That's quite alright, I'm only here for a few minutes, just getting quick drink."

The brute looked at her, displeased. "No, I don't think you understand, it wasn't an invitation...it was an order." He grabbed her by the arm.

A look of surprise came over Cheyanne's face as the guy's grip seemed to be made out of steel and he begun to pull her over to his hooting entourage.

"Let me go..." She yelled as she fumbled for her weapon...

"Hey, she's got a weapon!" Cheyanne heard one of the others warn the brute.

But, before she was able to do anything else, she saw his other fist coming at her face and ducked quickly, so he swung into mid-air.

Cheyanne's leg went behind his and with a quick pull, she had him on his back, with her knee on his chest and her blaster in his face.

"I would think twice before pulling that again, and you can tell your friends to back off or you'll have a perminant tattoo on your face!" Her eyes glared down at him. "So, I suggest you and your friends get the frell out of here."

"Okay, no reason to get mad, we were just leaving..." He said as she got off him and kept her blaster on him until he left.

With a sigh, she put her blaster back in it's holster and flopped onto a bar stool. "Cider, please."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:26:49 AM
"Might want to be careful with the drinking here. The bartender gets a little stingy with his drinks nowadays," a man in a long black trench coat said.

Trevor leaned over to the woman and smiled. He wasn't drunk as he hadn't had much before he was cut off, but he had had enough to become pretty relaxed.

"Nice show you put on there lass. Come here often?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:33:00 AM
Cheyanne looked over at the young man beside her. "No, it's the first time I've been in here, maybe the last. And thanks for the compliment, I think all female's should know how to defend themselves or they can get into a lot of trouble. Did you see that guy? He was trying to hit me...geesh, what is it with brutal men, trying to be all cool and hitting women..."

Her cider was placed in front of her and she took a sip. "Good stuff."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:36:52 AM
"Honey, we don't all have to hit women. Just buggers like that only feed on you girls cause they can't fight anyone stronger than themselves," he said eying her cup of cider. "Good looking stuff ya got there."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:41:21 AM
Cheyanne smiled. "Yeah, it's good. Would you like to try some?" Before he had a chance to answer, she ordered him a cup.

"Name's Cheyanne Rakai and you are?"

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:44:24 AM
"Trevor...Trevor D'ran," he said as the bartender came over to give him the glass. He smirked as he placed it down in front of him. "Told ya I'd be getting some more tonight chap."

He took a sip and smiled. He set it down and returned his attention to Cheyanne. "So what brings you to this part of the world?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:47:48 AM
"I like to visit new avenues, keeps life from getting boring. I've been here for almost a month visiting with family and friends and it was time to do some exploring for a change. What about you, are you from around here or just passing through?"

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:51:17 AM
"Well...I sorta live here. I'm a pilot so I stay in space most of the time, but here is where I am when I'm not flying around the galaxy," he said leaning back and puffing out his chest to make himself and his ego sound bigger than he really was. "One of the most talked about pilots there are these days. Usually run for smugglers. Dangerous business that is you know."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:59:00 AM
Cheyanne smirked a bit and shook her head. Yes, she knew the dangers of it, she had done a lot of it herself that was until Tony Maxwell got her a 'real' job in shipping for one of the biggest industries in Naboo.

"Ahh, yes I know the sort, Trevor. Been there, done that." Her smile deepened. "For the record, I'm a pilot too. I had been trained to be a fighter pilot for the Corellian Navy Academy...but as always things don't all go as they are supposed to go and I turned to smuggling and yes, it is a tough way to go."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:04:33 AM
"Yeah, but me and my ship, the Nightflyer can handle anyone and anything. Ain't much she can't do through. Sure you heard of us, right?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:31:11 AM
Truthfully, she had never heard of the Nightflyer and she knew a lot of ships in several quadrants. "Hmmm, doesn't ring a bell, Trevor. But, I don't always pay attention to all ships in the systems. So, that doesn't really mean much. My ships name is the Silver Wing and I doubt you've heard of it either."

He may have though, she was pretty open with her name in all quadrants, she had nothing to hide anymore.

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:34:20 AM
"The ship yes, but never the pilot," he said. "But you've never heard of me? Are you sure? There's only one ship that ever made the Kessel run faster than us and that's the Millenium Falcon."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:46:07 AM
"Now, that is a ship I've heard of. The Millienium Falcon is like a historical timepiece. I'd have loved to have a ship like that one. I've done some rework on my ship, but not to the extent of his. General Han Solo really knew his ship and then he gave it to his daughter...I love the whole history of that family."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:49:13 AM
Trevor leaned on the bar with his head down and took a swig of his cider. "Bloody hell...just because you're famous everyone remembers your ship. Give me a few more years and I can promise you my baby will be even better than that piece of junk."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:55:32 AM
"Well, ya never know what can happen, Trevor. Someday, yes you may even make history or maybe even I. Who knows?" She took a drink of her cider and then finished it off.

"Two more Ciders, kind sir." She said as she laid the credit down on the bar.

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:01:01 AM
The bartender walked over and put the glasses down and turned to Cheyanne. "I'd be careful with this guy if I were you. He ain't to good at repaying his debts."

Trevor straightened up and glared at the barkeep. "Hey, wait a bloody minute. Who do you think you are?"

"Just watching out for the lady here Trev and you know it."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:20:58 AM
Cheyanne looked at the barkeeper. "I think, I can hold my own, Sir. I did a fine job when I came in, didn't I. No one seemed to be helping me then, so surely you can see there is more to me than meets the eye."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:26:12 AM
The barkeep shrugged and turned away. "Suit yourself."

"Bloody barkeeps. They just don't know when to keep their noses away do they? So you're a fighter eh? What kinda ship you fly?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:42:08 PM
"Well, it's a replica of the Jade's Fire. It's quick and awesome and I love it." She said proudly.

Trevor D'ran
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:23:38 AM
"Sounds interesting. I've had the pleasure of seeing the real Jade's Fire in action. Quite a treat. Me myself however, I don't have anything fancy. Just a Barloz-class Freighter. I've done a few upgrades and modifications myself. "

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:10:56 PM
"There's nothing wrong with that, Trevor. Some of the best ships have been overhauled and redone."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:12:59 PM
"Oh she isn't one of the best. She is the best...or atleast she will be when I can get a job to finish buying the parts I need."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:01:39 PM
"How long until that?" She asked curiously.

Trevor D'ran
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:36:51 AM
"Whenever work would come around I suppose. There isn't much going on that needs smuggler's really. I'm looking for a job in something like delivery but that's running out too, and I don't have any contacts so..."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:31:56 PM
"Hmmm, well Maxwell Industries could always use the help. I could get you an application and you could put down my name, if you'd like."

Trevor D'ran
Jan 28th, 2005, 06:52:08 PM
His ears perked up at the mention of the job. "Really. That woud be very intriguing indeed..."

Cheyanne Rakai
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:53:15 PM
"I'd be glad too, Trevor. Everyone needs to be given a chance to succeed, I was given that chance, so you should be too." She smiled as she thought of the last time she'd given someone that chance. He took advantage of her and left her pregnant and alone, she hoped this time would be different.

"I hope things work out for you."