PDA

View Full Version : 2nd RotS Trailer - spoilers

JMK
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:20:50 PM
It doesn't sound like it's finished, and it didn't say when it was being released, but it sounds quite dark:

The trailer begins with the following exchange:

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

We are then introduced to the political maneuvering of Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. All of them actually want to use Anakin as a pawn in their game (Palpatine makes Anakin his "personal representative on the Jedi Council" while Obi-Wan wants him to "report on all the Chancellor's dealings"). The first minute or so is surprisingly heavy on dialogue and consists mostly of shots of various characters speaking to each other (intercut with short glimpses of evil droids, space battles etc.). We even see how Mace Windu and three other Jedi attempt to arrest Palpatine (he grabs the lightsaber and confronts them). When Mace Windu tells Anakin "You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master", Anakin loses it and joins the Dark Side (Sidious: "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic"). At least that's how the trailer makes it look.

Then the more "visual" half starts with some very neat scenes like a low angle shot of Anakin marching in front of a Clone trooper army. We see Wookiees on some kind of war machine, the duel in the volcano field, gigantic 10-wheel military transports and actual destruction of the Senate chamber. Everything is very dramatic, several deaths are implied, Padme is seen crying loudly and music from the Emperor duel (ROTJ) is heard.

Overall, the first half of the trailer is surprisingly specific, making no sense whatsoever to people who don't know Star Wars well. The second half is very dark and dramatic, but with lots of action. Bad guys (apart from Sidious) only appear for a fraction of a second and have no lines. The final seconds consist of Obi-Wan shouting "You were the chosen one!", fighting Anakin while both dangle from some ropes/wires. After the closing titles, there is a bonus shot of Vader and Sidious standing side by side, accompanied by Vader's breathing.

This is a preliminary version with effects and sound not quite finalized. One part of the trailer is actually without music (either for dramatic effect or John Williams' new score will be inserted here?). The length is little under 2:30.

When further questioned about the "evil droid", our source confirmed that there wasn't a clear shot of General Grievous but there was one of the bodyguards:

There is some evil-looking humanoid droid with a cape around his head and torso, flanked by two classic battledroids (from Episode I). He seems to hold a lance in his hand. Later, Obi-Wan is seen swordfighting with a humanoid droid but he's only seen from back and moving quickly. (I'm 90% certain it IS Grievous, but it's extremely short and quick shot.) Anyway, both of these shots are VERY brief (about half second).

One of the shots depicts Obi-Wan being surrounded by dozens of droids. Some of them look different and wear capes, maybe one of them is Grievous. But it's very wide shot, the characters are small.

Darth McBain
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:53:38 PM
Awesome!!! You know, just yesterday I was wondering when we'd be seeing the next trailer - ROTS is now only 4 short months away (less, actually) and we've only gotten the one trailer so far. It sounds like this one is pretty good - can't wait to see it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:48:11 PM
Yeah it sounds very dark I think it will be out with Robots which is a Fox film and that comes out in March I think.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:53:11 AM
That sounds like a more than reasonable guess at a release time for the trailer. It's still such a long way off though. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:52:43 AM
Yeah about two months unfortunetly. At least this film looks like it might be fun. Robin Williams's voice is in it along with Ewan McGregor, Hallie Berry and Mel Brooks.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:19:57 AM
Yeah there's a ton of voices in that movie. I'll definetly see it if the trailer is attached to it. Then again, I didn't get to see the teaser that was attached to the Incredibles. That was a let down.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:26:48 AM
Yeah sometimes the theater won't show it. I remember going to see the first Harry Potter movie thinking the teaser for AOTC was going to be on that and it wasn't.

Darth McBain
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:53:08 AM
At least with the first Harry Potter movie, though - that was worth watching, but that does suck when you're expecting the trailer and it isn't there...

Darth McBain
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:23:10 PM
From TF.N, it looks like this trailer will be out March 11. Seems kinda late, in my opinion... I can't honestly remember what the timeline was for Ep. I and II, but it seems to me that with about 2 months to go until the movie, we had more than just two trailers. It makes me wonder if they're behind with the post-production on this one. I hope not - I want them to take the time to do the job right and not have to rush the effects in...

JMK
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:41:15 PM
I think they may be taking a little different approach to this one. Everything seems like it's going to be a little downplayed given the dark tone of the movie. We may get this 2nd trailer, and if I recall correctly, there was one other one before the release.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah it sounds very dark I think it will be out with Robots which is a Fox film and that comes out in March I think.

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Next_Revenge_of_the_Sith_Trailer_March_11th_88981. asp

If this is correct then you're right on Carr. Well done buddy! ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:22:58 PM
Heh it was an educated guess :p It didn't hurt obi-wan is in it either heh.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:57:12 AM
There's an image of the RotS checklist card for the upcoming Topps trading card series at tf.n. It pretty much blows the lid off of RotS in terms of major plot points from start to end. I haven't looked at it yet...well, I did, and I read the first 3 or 4 lines before I caught myself and closed that browser. That took a lot of will power, and I haven't been back to tf.n since.

I'm not even going to post the link here because it will give you the whole story arc and I'm not sure any of you want that...but there may be a couple who do want to know.

Yog
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:28:19 PM
Trailer spoilers? I think I rather be spoiled by the trailer itself :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:23:08 PM
Yeah I saw that JMK which is why I didn't look at either :p Actually I have read less so far than the first two films. Lets see if I can keep that up.

Draken Lasoxx
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:08:16 PM
Can anyone post a site that will show me the first trailer. I have been wanting to see it, and the only place i found it available so far is the star wars site itself but u have to be registered to hyperspace to see it. So if anyone else knows of a site where i can see it id greatly appreciate it. Oh and Hello Master Yoghurt, its been a long time since iv talked to you. I was once Jedi Master Anakin and trained by JK Leia Solo. A looooong time ago. But if u dont remember me its kewl...just thought id say hello.

Yog
Jan 27th, 2005, 05:57:59 AM
Oh, hi there. I remember you :)

JMK
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:08:27 AM
Originally posted by Draken Lasoxx
Can anyone post a site that will show me the first trailer. I have been wanting to see it, and the only place i found it available so far is the star wars site itself but u have to be registered to hyperspace to see it. So if anyone else knows of a site where i can see it id greatly appreciate it. Oh and Hello Master Yoghurt, its been a long time since iv talked to you. I was once Jedi Master Anakin and trained by JK Leia Solo. A looooong time ago. But if u dont remember me its kewl...just thought id say hello.

Not true, you don't have to be registered at the official site in order to see the trailer. You used to have to be registered, but that was only for the first few weeks of the trailers release. Now how have to be registered if you want the large version of the trailer:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/teaser.html

Draken Lasoxx
Jan 27th, 2005, 09:43:02 PM
Hmm...i went there and i tried the 480x206 but when it would try and load up it said i was missing "Quick Time Essentials" and when i would start to download what i needed it would get near the end and say Download corrupted. So then i tried the one to the right the 320x137. And it is loading, but all it plays for me is sound and the picture remains white. Do you think its just my computer or my quicktime program? I dont know but iv really been wanting to see this trailer, but every time i try it doesnt work.

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:53:57 AM
To me it sounds like your Quicktime program is not installed properly or that you have an older version. Try to find an update at the quicktime site. If I were you, I would remove the version you have on your computer and install the free program there:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Good luck, I hope it works out for you! It's worth seeing! :)

JMK
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:12:48 AM
The second trailer comes out March 10th if you think you can handle an episode of the O.C. on FOX, or if you're a hyperspace subscriber. It's realeased theatrically the next day with Robots and will appear on starwars.com for non-hyperspace members on the 14th. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 1st, 2005, 04:28:49 PM
Yea, one of my friends told me about that today. She offered to sit through that episode of the OC with me to make it "socially acceptible" :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:07:13 PM
Just record the OC, and fast forward through the all the boring parts. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:36:19 PM
LOL that is true, that is probably what I will do, I don't think I can sit through the OC heh.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2005, 09:21:30 PM
My VCR has been disconnected so if I want to see it I'll have to tolerate Peter Gallagher and his unibrow.

Then again, Mischa Barton has a way of nullifying, and making up for that. ;)

JMK
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:18:32 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/theocspot.html

A few shots from next week's trailer. Nothing much to see, but next thursday can't get here soon enough!

Jedieb
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:14:45 PM
The trailer ended up being shown in some Peruvian theaters yesterday. Some pretty dark movies of the trailer were floating around the net. From the ones I saw, we're in for a hell of treat next week.

JMK
Mar 5th, 2005, 09:35:25 PM
Holy effing Lord! I just saw the trailer. This movie is going to blow the doors off both prequels by far. Most of the dialogue I heard is from the chancellor / emperor and is perfectly written and perfectly delivered.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:23:28 AM
My God, if you can find a link...

(Points to PM inbox)

And I will love you forever. :cool

Darth McBain
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:43:04 AM
Ditto Loki's post, JMK... I got my VCR set for Thursday - I don't think I can stomach an episode of the OC, but I can't pass up this trailer...

JMK
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:06:27 PM
Well like I've said to everyone else that PM'ed me. I don't have the link anymore. I do have the 7.5 MB file on my computer at home, but most email servers won't let that size of file pass. Besides, the quality is pure crap. Most of the lines are in spanish and inaudible, and about 5 of Palpatine's lines, along with Mace, Anakin and Obi Wan can be heard. It's only a couple days off now, so try to hang in there!

If you want an accurate description of the trailer, see my first post in this thread, it's just about right on from what I can tell.

Darth McBain
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:25:37 PM
You mean I gotta wait another 55 hours and 35 minutes (not that anyone's counting :) ) ??? I am getting so excited for May 19 - once this trailer hits the waiting will get really tough!

JMK
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:35:43 PM
Yeah tell me about it. As of the 10th, the last 60 something days will be terribly anxious!

Jedieb
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:31:12 PM
Access Hollywood may have parts of the trailer on tomorrow night. It usually airs before 8PM so check your local listings. Who knows, they may just show the whole thing.

Liam Jinn
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:58:53 PM
Isn't the full trailer supposed to be shown tomorrow anyway?

JMK
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:39:22 AM
It's going to be on the O.C. tonight, Access Hollywood like Eb said, and available to Hyperspace members tonight in a large version. It will be available on the regular starwars.com next week in a small version.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:15:42 PM
I wish I had AH around here. They only show it a day late at noon on my local station. I might watch Extra and see if it is on there. I just missed the beginning of ET. I hate the though of trying to sit through the OC.

Figrin D'an
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:22:40 PM
It'll be on the 'net within about 10 minutes of it being shown during 'The OC." If you know where to look, it won't be that hard to find. No need to watch that or any other crappy show.

Zem Vymes
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:26:09 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
It'll be on the 'net within about 10 minutes of it being shown during 'The OC." If you know where to look, it won't be that hard to find. No need to watch that or any other crappy show.

Exactamundo.

Besides, I have episodes of the Shield to watch on DVD. I gotta get caught up before season 4 begins next week :eek

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:54:28 PM
I might tape the OC and just fast forward through it heh. I am hoping it is shown at the beginning which would be fine with me.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:13:15 PM
Also why in the world did they chose the OC?? They really should have picked 24, that is Fox's third highest rated show (behind American Idol and House) Heck could have picked House that is a good show. The OC must need the ratings.

Gav Mortis
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:27:54 PM
Well, considering we wont be getting the same TV transmission as you guys, if anyone is able to get hold of the trailer somehow...

(Points to PM Inbox.)

I'm a desperate man. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:39:39 PM
well they haven't showed it yet. And no I am not watching it. I got that information from theforce.net boards. I feel sorry for anybody who has to sit through 40 minutes of that POC.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:40:50 PM
mute is your friend. as is music during these shows. Mute goes off during the commercials :p

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:45:13 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!Damnit, show it!!!!!!!!!!1

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:48:22 PM
And they say there's no such thing as bad foreplay. Yes, there is, it's called the OC. :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:50:42 PM
LOL I know this show is terrible I come in and watch the commericals and leave after 30 seconds. Why is this still on the air?? I am guessing teen age girls must like it.

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:56:28 PM
Jesus, what is Peter Gallagher doing on this show? The guy use to have a career!

Gav Mortis
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:57:15 PM
Why am I not suprised they're leaving it until towards the end of the show to air the trailer? I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't show it until just after The O.C. finished. I bet it's their biggest ever ratings tonight. :)

Figrin D'an
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:01:02 PM
Wow...

My faith is restored, at least temporarily.

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:01:07 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
:crack
:duel
:crack

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:02:11 PM
I know it looks amazing. That fight between Yoda and the Emperor is going to be one for the ages.

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:05:53 PM
I'll spend the rest of the night watching it off the official site. This is what we've been waiting for. The darkness, Anakin's fall from grace. This won't be the end all of existance, but it's going to be a damn good SW movie.

Gav Mortis
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:12:07 PM
You people: I hate you all. :cry

I'm going to bed now and hopefully, when I wake up, I'll be able to see it on UK television. :grumble

LightKnight
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:16:01 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!! That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, oh and the ROTS trailer wasn’t half bad.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Liam Jinn
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:16:14 PM
Oh lord...

*dies a happy man*

*wakes up realising the need to see the FULL movie*

T'was so awesome..

LightKnight
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:17:33 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
This won't be the end all of existance, but it's going to be a damn good SW movie. That's really putting it mildly, IMV

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:38:55 PM
Who thinks Palpatine will steal the movie? He has the best lines in the trailer and he looks awesome.

Darth McBain
Mar 10th, 2005, 09:09:03 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This looks so awesome. I think the following may go down as one of my new favorite lines in the whole saga Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?! I think Palpatine is gonna be so awesome.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2005, 09:46:04 PM
Yeah that was a terrific line.

Yog
Mar 10th, 2005, 09:54:39 PM
That was an amazing trailer :rollin

Darth McBain
Mar 10th, 2005, 10:06:53 PM
Something else caught my eye when I was watching the trailer. There was one line where Palpatine said to Anakin I need your help, son.

Of course, it could just be a term of "endearment", so to speak, but could it also mean that Palpatine was in some way connected with Anakin's birth? We don't really know what's up with Anakin's father - according to Ep. I, he was conceived by the will of the Force, but could it be that Palpatine was somehow connected with that - that Palpatine was responsible for Anakin - in short, that Palpaine is Anakin's "father"? I know this has been heavily debated - at first I didn't think so, but now I'm not sure.

Again, it may have just been an offhand remark, but it caught my ear and got me to thinking.

One way or the other, it looks like this one is really gonna rock - this is where the waiting gets tough!!!

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 10th, 2005, 10:07:45 PM
The way Palpatine said that... you just know he's going to have fun doing what he does.

Yog
Mar 10th, 2005, 10:09:55 PM
If anyone wants to see the trailer again, PM me..

Doc Milo
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:27:36 PM
I don't know if you need to be an aol member for this or not, but this link has the trailer (I got it off of aol...)

http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/starwars/trailer.adp?type=lrg

Zem Vymes
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:39:05 PM
<font size=7>MOTHER OF GOD</font>

Well, my cherry's popped. Time for spoilers :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 11th, 2005, 12:16:06 AM
We watched the whole thing frame by frame. In addition to what's been said, the wookiees look like they'll be getting a lot of screen time. Were they on a water planet through? Kashyyyk is supposed to be a forested planet and they live high up in the tree canopy, so the wookiees jumping off of the machines with water splashing (possibly snow) must be off planet.

Bail Organa beseeching someone (most likely Padme) to come...Obi Wan fighting Grevious, there was also a close up of one of Grievious' bodyguards (with the cape).

Yoda and the Emperor fighting in the SENATE CHAMBER (waaaay cool!)... Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, and two other Jedi who's names I don't know going to arrest Palpatine. The quickness he displays going after them just chilled me to the bone.

Ahhh I saw so much. Watched it several times. :D

The best Star Wars trailer ever. EVER.

Oh, and when Palpatine says to Anakin "I need your help, son," I assumed that he simply was using it as a way to address him, like how some people might say "I need your help, boy." However, the other possibility is interesting, McBain.

Zem Vymes
Mar 11th, 2005, 07:12:41 AM
What I love is the subtle re-design of the clonetrooper armor. Just a few design changes to bridge the gap between the original Kaminoan soldiers and the shock troopers of the OT Empire. Its pretty disturbing to see the change, and then the subsequent change in allegiances, from ally to enemy.

Darth McBain
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:00:55 AM
You're probably right, Lili - I don't know if there was anything there to be reading into or if it was like you said. Whether or not he truly is Anakin's "father" or not, though, is somewhat immaterial - as Palpatine is definitely a father-figure to Anakin. Don't really know why I spoiler-ified that - not really a spoiler, just speculation, but whatever...

JMK
Mar 11th, 2005, 10:29:39 AM
I just awakened after falling unconscious after watching the real deal. I had a crap bootleg version to watch all week, but this just was totally different. After this movie, I don't even know if I'll watch TPM or AotC ever again...RotS is what we've all been waiting for. This movie will be what Star Wars has been all about since the beginning. No more set ups. No more introductions or narrative...this is all out, balls-to-the-wall mayhem.

May 19th will never get here fast enough.

JediBoricua
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:17:02 PM
I got chills.

I loved the overhead shot where Anakin is seen marching with a squad of clonetroopers, possibly entering the Jedi Temple.

It was awesome!

JMK
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:01:39 PM
Similarly, I liked the low-angle shot of Anakin leading the clone army. :)

Jedieb
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:51:18 PM
I just awakened after falling unconscious after watching the real deal. I had a crap bootleg version to watch all week, but this just was totally different. After this movie, I don't even know if I'll watch TPM or AotC ever again...
And that's why I said this should be a damn good movie and not the greatest thing since sliced bread Lighthouse. We've been down the "This will be the greatest movie EVER!" road TWICE now, and to a degree been burned twice. I think this will be the best of the prequels and could end up right next to ESB and ANH for me. But I don't expect it to make $500M domestic, $2B WW, and walk away with a dozen Oscars next year.

I've gone through it frame by frame as well. It looks beautiful. Not too crazy about how Palpy and Anakin deliver those early lines, but practically every line after that was gold. I'll be choking up when Obi-Wan cries out his Chosen One line. Palpy's voice over when Anakin is leading the Clone Troopers into the Jedi Temple is perfect.

Anyone else read the novel excerpt at the official site? It doesn't really give away much. Takes you right to the doorstep of the film. Sweeeet.

Yog
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:19:14 PM
I agree with you JediEb. Although this time I believe there are good reasons to be excited, I am very careful about deluding myself to expect this will become my favorite SW movie or something. I feel its going to be the best of the prequels, and for now I will just leave it at that. Anything better than that will be a bonus surprise :)

JediBoricua
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:48:38 PM
Download it and watched it frame by frame.

At first I thought much of the action scenes where the same scenes with different cuts, but after watching five times I realized you don't get to see a scene more than two times.

So, it's going to be two hours of non-stop action. And they only showed a clip of the Obi-Anaking duel, and they did not show anything of Grievous or Dooku, well half a second of each.

Action from cover to cover. I'm sold.

Figrin D'an
Mar 11th, 2005, 05:48:16 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
So, it's going to be two hours of non-stop action. And they only showed a clip of the Obi-Anaking duel, and they did not show anything of Grievous or Dooku, well half a second of each.

That's what makes this so compelling. It was such an action-packed trailer, yet several of the key sequences in the film were barely shown. It gives me hope that this is going to be one hell of a ride we'll get to experience in May.

I also noted that the trailer showed nothing about Padme's pregnancy. It will be interesting to see how big a role it plays in the plot of the film. Hopefully, it will actually have relevance to Anakin's fall to the Dark Side, and not just be left for the last 10 minutes of the film.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2005, 06:17:25 PM
Yeah Padme had no lines which was surprising. Unless they release trailers later on with that but I doubt we will see anything like that till May before the movie opens. Also only one shot off Bail although I think he is supose to play a huge role in the movie.

Zem Vymes
Mar 11th, 2005, 06:35:49 PM
It's absolutely amazing to me that Ian McDiarmid can play a role, let it ride for 22 years, and slip it back on so utterly masterfully. Say what you will about Vader and whatnot, but there really will never be a film villain that personifies distilled, purely crystallized malice like Palpatine. If Satan himself is indeed living in a place called Hell, he's got a face. And a voice.

If only I had a voice like that. I'd make millions in customer service voice-overs.

Darth McBain
Mar 11th, 2005, 08:07:13 PM
Originally posted by Commander Zemil Vymes
It's absolutely amazing to me that Ian McDiarmid can play a role, let it ride for 22 years, and slip it back on so utterly masterfully. Say what you will about Vader and whatnot, but there really will never be a film villain that personifies distilled, purely crystallized malice like Palpatine. If Satan himself is indeed living in a place called Hell, he's got a face. And a voice.

If only I had a voice like that. I'd make millions in customer service voice-overs.

Absolutely - he is perfect for the role. I was thinking the same thing, he was excellent for the role in ROTJ - here we are 22 years later, and it doesn't look like he's dropped a step. I don't know if it is him that's making the sound or not, but when you see him leap at the Jedi in his office , that shriek just sends chills through me. It's like he's not even human, but some Sith demon trapped in a human body...

Yog
Mar 11th, 2005, 08:31:56 PM
Gotta agree on the comments above on Ian McDiarmid. He is such an amazing actor. How he is able reincarnate the Emperor so perfectly 22 years afterwards is just stunning to think about. This is the movie where we will really see the evil of Palpatine to maximum effect, so it goes without saying I look forward to see him in this movie. I have a feeling he is going to steal the show :)

JMK
Mar 11th, 2005, 08:47:22 PM
Just saw the trailer on the big screen with Robots.

Wowzers. I know we've been down this road twice before, but this one CAN'T miss.

Rutabaga
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:46:50 PM
Thank goodness those of us out here on the Left Coast knew that 8:58 was the time to watch, so we didn't have to suffer through the *hack* OC crapfest leading up to the trailer.

After seeing the trailer...

Is it May 19th yet???????? :crack

Jedieb
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:51:47 PM
McDiarmid has been solid throughout the prequels. He delivers even when he's just standing there not saying a word. I'm thinking specifically of the shot at Qui-Gon's funeral right after Mace delivers his 'Master or Apprentice' line and we get that shot of Palpy watching Qui-Gon burn. Every SW Geek knows they're looking at the Emperor playing the room for a bunch of fools. It's one of my favorite scenes from TPM. Every thing I've seen tells me that Ian is going to get plenty of screen time to make us happy.

Peter McCoy
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:04:39 AM
First time I watched the trailer, I was blown away. Then watching it closely, frame by frame, you notice more that really intrigues you. Thats obvious - but the thing that caught my eye was when Palpatine throws a bolt of lightning at Yoda. Yoda gasps and in the final frame of that quick shot it looks as if Yoda reels back from the hit, like it actually causes significant damage - whereas he was able to withstand Dooku's attempt.

And finally, my favourite Old Republic vehicle, the juggernaut gets to see some action - and its got some heavy firwepower to boot. :) And also, good old C-3PO all shiny and ready for a good-old carbon-scoring :p

JMK
Mar 18th, 2005, 10:09:59 AM
From all reports Sidious / Palpatine hands Yoda his little green rear end back to him. It looks more and more like Sidious is going to own a bunch of Jedi, including its 2 top members: Mace and Yoda.

Jedieb
Mar 19th, 2005, 09:24:18 PM
The spoilers I've read on Mace V. Sidious actually have Mace more than holding his own against Palpy. In fact, Mace cuts Palpy's saber and has him on his knees begging for his life until Anakin intervenes. One spoiler has Anakin cutting Mace's hand or arm off, and then Sidious finishes him off with Force Lightning. I'm hoping that these spoilers are wrong. At the very least, I hope the novelization makes it clear that Sidious holds back in the fight to put Anakin in the position of having to make a choice between him and the Jedi.

JMK
Mar 20th, 2005, 04:12:27 PM
If that's true then that will be one of the best deaths in the entire saga, if not the best.