PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Stone (Zereth) (Complete)

Jorshal Vuntana
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:46:05 PM
His breathing was hard and his heart was pumping blood through his veins furiously. He crounched down and sprung forth towards Zereth Lancer, who was a couple yards away. Upon reaching the knight, he threw his right hand first, fist clenched and aimed for the lower jaw. Blocked. The next for the same place, other side. Blocked. Jorshal threw a change in and motioned for an uppercut. Bloacked, again.

His muscles ached and he wasn't sure how much he was willing to continue. Zereth had bested him in this round, this hours long spar. Jorshal stepped back after the failed attack and pressed his closed hands together at chest level. It was a sign that he wasn't going to attack anymore.

"You're better than I expected." He said. Conversation was of a different pace than combat, the change would soften the hostile enviroment. "I mean, I know I'm good, but..." He continued to breathe heavily, his point made.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:40:08 PM
Zereth was breathing equaly hard. This had to be the hardest fight since his battle with Je'gan. The boy showed great promise for becoming a great fighter. Zereth was very suprised at how well Jorshal fought and how the young man had kept fighting for hours "I have been fighting for far longer then you have. I spent a long time training on a distant planet. But even without such things you are still very skilled."

Jorshal Vuntana
Jan 20th, 2005, 10:45:13 AM
Distant planet His curiosity urged him to ask more, but he waited a moment. Jorshal took a towel and wiped the sweat from his forehead. "I'm good, but I need to be better. I need to be the best, is what." He drank some water from the bottle he had left against the tree.

"So what about this planet you're from? Why'd you train there?"

Zereth Lancer
Jan 20th, 2005, 11:38:43 PM
Zereth liked how the boy was suddenly interested about his planet "The Planet's name is Barask. Its a small planet on the rim of the unknown region. The planet is very behind technology wise. The people live in stone buildings and fight with old fashion weapons such as swords, axes and bows

I am not from the planet. A man I met by the name of Alex Valar sent me there to train. I was a very power hungry person back then and I jumped at the chance to gain anything that would make me more powerful. So away I went, To Barask."

Jorshal Vuntana
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:10:00 PM
"Hmm." He mumbled in agreement. "So you have contacts there?" He said as he began pondering the idea of going there himself to train. So often he had found his skill in combat to be less than adequate; in his eyes at least. This may be the chance he was looking for.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:45:47 PM
"I do" Zereth said "Me and Alex Valar still speak with each other now and then. The planet is restricted to almost anyone. Alex Valar is one of the few that can give access to the planet. Through him I have permission to visit the planet anytime I want. Without his help I would have never set foot on the planet's surface."

Jorshal Vuntana
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:00:38 PM
"Well, listen. See, my combat training is good and all (I trained myself), but I don't think it is adequate enough. You're one of the best fighters in the Order right now and with you're style of training, I think I could prosper. Do you think you could do me the favor of giving me a chance to go to Barask, as a fellow Sith?" He wasn't sure why he wanted this so bad, but something was telling him to persue it. It could be the Force, or it could be his mothers advice from long ago urging him to become one of the best. He wanted this very much.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:28:01 PM
Zereth rubbed his chin as he thought. He could see that the young man before him was determined to become all that he could become "I think I could make arrangements. It may take a few days before I can get it all set up."

Jorshal Vuntana
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:02:36 AM
"I appreciate this alot, Zereth. I won't forget it." Jorshal said and smiled. He then turned and headed back to his room to clean up after the rigorous practice.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:28:43 PM
Zereth smiled as he watched the young man happily walk away. He also headed for his own room, where he cleaned himself up and sent a comm message to Alex Valar.