PDA

View Full Version : Ooo... colors

Khendon Sevon
Jan 15th, 2005, 08:48:07 PM
I was really disappointed today. I ended up doing absolutely nothing. I played around 6 hours of World of Warcraft (way too much, way too much), that’s about it.

So, as my brain was numbing from exposure to deadly monitor radiation I decided I would do a little programming. Despina Vandi mixed with Rammstein really works to inspire coding.

Anyway, I had a module sitting around that was a bit buggy. It actually took about ten minutes to figure out where my problem was (I used a piece of paper to do all my math over! Hah!). I then started coding this little toy:

http://www.roxxu.com/downloads/Neutron%201.0.exe

It’s a quick and dirty HTML fader with an advanced limit code. Basically, it makes it so you can specify how many characters it has to work with. It’s nifty, and small, and fast, and 100% original code. I wrote it in about 2 hours—hopefully no bugs!

It was written in VB.net and if anyone wants the module I created they can email me or ask here. Eh… you’ll need the .net framework to run it. That should do it.

<font color="#C00000">Ha<font color="#C81000">ve<font color="#D02000"> f<font color="#D83000">un<font color="#E04000">!</font>

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 16th, 2005, 06:07:02 AM
How does Rammstein help inspire coding? I like Rammstein, but it seems to only be inspiring to me when I play violent video games....most of the time. (And NO, I am not a complete psychopath, I will not shoot up my school as a consequence of the things I enjoy...mainly because I believe that the idea that music and games inspire people to commit violence is a load of Bravo Sierra, if you catch my drift. :D)