PDA

View Full Version : gone for the weekend - puter upgrade

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:17:59 PM
why i've been busy :).... cuz puter gonna get all purty with new parts and stuff. So.. be back hopefully sunday ^_^

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:26:35 PM
See ya later! Come back soon! and Be happy with now Puter parts!

Lady Vader
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:56:51 PM
And be sure to douse the comp with holy water when it's done getting a face lift so it doesn't have demons come and destroy it... or something... o_O

And go post when you come back! And get on AIM so I can show you piccies! And... stuff! ^_^; :D

:hug Have a good weekend!

Figrin D'an
Jan 14th, 2005, 06:11:49 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
And be sure to douse the comp with holy water when it's done getting a face lift so it doesn't have demons come and destroy it... or something...

What, so it sparks and shorts out?

:mneh

Hope the upgrades go well. Give us some specs on the new box when you get back online.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 14th, 2005, 07:15:11 PM
Hopefully, we won't be going anywhere - everything will still be here when you get back. :D

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:12:36 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
And be sure to douse the comp with holy water when it's done getting a face lift so it doesn't have demons come and destroy it... or something... o_O

The printer at my job sometimes doesn't want to do what it's supposed to, and twice now I have made the sign of the cross and said to it "Demon come out!" and the printer snapped into good order and printed like it was supposed to.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:31:25 PM
It takes a weekend to do an upgrade? O_o

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:21:18 AM
no... just figured I'd take a break ya goof =P and didnt work anyway -_- stupid mother board wasnt....what is the word I am looking for...it wouldn't boot up >_<

le sigh

Figrin D'an
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:25:47 AM
Which hardware pieces are you changing in this upgrade?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 15th, 2005, 12:54:04 PM
added another fan that went well =P motherboard and new processor is all

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 16th, 2005, 06:09:27 AM
You got a bargain-priced PC, didn't you? :rolleyes :D

Morgan Evanar
Jan 16th, 2005, 03:27:25 PM
^what is that supposed to mean? I've always been on a tight budget when doing a PC upgrade.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 16th, 2005, 05:20:24 PM
actually no I didnt... my computer is just weird and I think it doesnt want anything 'new' in it because everything we do an upgrade it puts up a fight :lol

and like morgan, I have a tight budget as well.. puter was build from scratch to save money... just for whatever reason the damn thing doesnt want to post =\

Morgan Evanar
Jan 16th, 2005, 06:25:35 PM
If you didn't get a new power supply you might not be feeding it enough juice.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 16th, 2005, 07:09:28 PM
yeah.. lance thought as much (as I just found out) that is the next thing we're doing it seems :)

thanks fewdy :hug

Nevlonniel
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:23:39 PM
Also, and this happened to me... when my comp was having probs when we were building it, Joe had the brilliant idea of putting all the parts together outside of the tower and it worked fine. When he put it into the tower piece by piece, it ended up being 1 screw that was bending the motherboard just a wee bit, but it was enough to upset a contact or somethig. So we just left that screw out.

Just something to try if it comes down to it. :)

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:36:59 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
^what is that supposed to mean? I've always been on a tight budget when doing a PC upgrade.

I was joking, Morg. :D

Nav: That's the problem with old technology, it seems. Try to put something new in it, nothing works....unless the computer is fairly recent. In which case....*shrug*

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:00:05 PM
well.. mom's been sick so I've been taking care of her ...she is -mostly- better and I am in a better frame of mind to post tomorrow :)

need me - use this thread to tell me where I am to post as either Nav or any of my names ^_^

will take that into consideration Nev thankies :D

Yurza Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:49:43 AM
*taps foot impatiently*

:p j/k take your time. Hope it all works out for you. :hug