PDA

View Full Version : Dark clouds (open)

Shade Magus
Jan 13th, 2005, 05:24:06 PM
The Jedi Knight cursed as a puddle of water suddenly leapt from the ground and splashed him across the face.

This weather is getting ridiculous, Shade thought as he pulled his robes around his body to try and keep what heat he had left in his body in his body. He rushed through the door of Yogurt's Bar & Grill and sighed with relief as the warmth of the place called to him. As he took off his soaked robe, to give to a gard who was collecting wets clothes to dry, he looked around the room and noticed very few occupants were there. I must be one of the few crazy ones either stupid or brave enough to try and come through that storm. Lucky me.

Shade walked over to a table nearby, ordering a warm cup of cider even before he got to his seat. He pulled his arms around him, rubbing them in an attempt to raise his body tempature. When his drink came, he took a sip and relished the feeling as the warm liquid ran down his throat. "Now that hits the spot."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:06:09 PM
The young pilot saw the older man walk in, she recognized him immediately. How long ago had that been, that he had given her some advice on a problem she'd been having? Nearly a year ago, and he hadn't changed.

She smiled despite the strangeness it brought back, the last time they'd met she was all wet, this time he was the one dripping.

Cheyanne caught his attention as he took a seat just a booth away. "I bet it does, Master Jedi." She said casually as she took a drink of the hot tea she had.

"It's been quite a while, Shade Magus."

Shade Magus
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:52:07 PM
Shade looked at the woman and at first didn't think of anything, and then he did a double take and smiled. "Cheyanne! It has been awhile and it's good to see you. I trust you have been well?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:24:56 PM
"For the most part, yes. I'm back in town for a while." She nodded non-chalantly. "I'm sure by now, you've heard the news that my sister, Quay'Na passed away?"

Shade Magus
Jan 15th, 2005, 04:26:16 AM
Shade nodded somberly. "Yes...I had heard. I hope you are doing well."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 15th, 2005, 07:02:44 AM
"Better than I was, thanks. My dad is still really upset about it, so is Cordell LeKray. I talked to Quay's twin and she's trying to get her dad to go to counceling, but so far he won't. So, I've been engaged with helping out there. But, even I need a break, so that's why I'm here." She lifted up her mug.

"Cider is a good way to relax and Quay would've wanted that. So, how about you? How has life been treating Jedi Knight Shade Magus, good I hope."

Shade Magus
Jan 15th, 2005, 01:14:11 PM
Shade smiled.

"It...has it's ups and downs," he said softly. Not wanting to go into anything about Jacali just yet.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 15th, 2005, 08:51:38 PM
"I know all about having ups and downs. You're more than welcome to have a seat, Shade. I won't bite, I promise."

Shade Magus
Jan 16th, 2005, 01:16:55 AM
Shade smiled as he got up from his table and walked over. "I must admit, it might be better than shouting. So what are your plans while you are out here?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 16th, 2005, 02:06:12 PM
"I don't know really, I hate to admit it, but I'm beginning to get a bit bored after the first few days. I love my family, don't get me wrong on that, but everything is so depressing there and I know it will take some time to get over, but I just don't want to be around it all the time."

Cheyanne took a sip of her cider. "I never really spent much time on Coruscant, mainly came to see Quay. I wouldn't mind to go to a dinner theatre while I'm here or catch a concert."

Shade Magus
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:18:41 PM
"I hope you do get to enjoy yourself. If you were to need anything. Just give me a call," he said taking a drink from his cider.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:46:48 PM
"Well, I could use some company on these ventures, if you'd have the time, of course." She said with a smile.

Shade Magus
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:48:57 PM
Shade smiled. "I appreciate the offer, but...I just don't think I can. There have been some things in my life recently that just kind of taken out the going out feeling."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:42:53 AM
"Understandable, I know the feeling, Shade. I don't even know if I could enjoy myself going out either. I still feel bad about neglecting to come back when I heard Quay had had a stroke. I just couldn't bring myself to do it after...I lost my baby." A tear slipped down her cheek, but she wiped it away quickly.

"I couldn't," she explained. "I didn't even tell anyone it had happened, so to walk in and have them know that it had happened and take the attention from my sister, who was dying...I couldn't do it."

Cheyanne looked at her cup of cider. "And now, I feel guilty because I didn't say good-bye, when I could've been there. It's one of thosed damned if you do, damned if you don't situations."

Shade Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:46:25 AM
"Believe me, I know those situations very well. Infact as a Jedi they kind of run your life," he said with a slight smile.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:53:15 AM
"I know, having a sister who was a Jedi was enough for me to know, I couldn't walk that path. She was strong in the most part, but I knew she had some weaknesses as well. She always seemed to get herself into needless trouble, especially when it came to guys."

Cheyanne could've gone on and on about Quay, but thought it wasn't such a good idea. "Don't get me wrong, I loved my sister and I was always there if she wanted to talk about things. She was my rock in a lot of places for me and we all make mistakes, mine are no better."

Shade Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:56:27 AM
Shade could help but smile. "Older siblings. All of them are the same...I used to feel the same way about my older brother for the longest time. Then I became a Jedi and quit."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:05:03 AM
"Yes, and I think we're here to learn from their mistakes and try not to make the same mistakes. I do feel sorry for Anthony though, he really loved her and he didn't care that Aramis wasn't his. He still wanted to love her and he was hysterical they said when they let her go." Cheyanne sipped her drink.

"He was a mess on the day of her funeral, I felt so bad for him. But, I felt the same way when I lost my baby. Just to have someone that means so much to you and then to have it ripped away is more than anyone should have to suffer."

Shade Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:07:50 AM
"That is something I am all too familiar with. I've had three loved ones ripped away from me. First was my brother by the darkside. Second was my wife Xazor by my own stupidity. And recently a lover named Jacali Danner by death."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:14:30 AM
Jacali Danner.

"I'm so sorry for your losses, Shade. That name sounds familiar though, I think Quay mentioned her name a time or two. I think, they were friends. Sadly to say, the death of Quay did end on a little bit of a higher note at least her child was saved. But he was sent to AraMir, so I can go see him and knowing that Quay is part of him, will make things easier."

Shade Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:22:08 AM
"That's good to know. I've heard some about Aramir and I been thinking about going there after I finish training my Padawans here, but I'm not sure yet. It would be nice for a change of scenery."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:25:01 AM
"I've never been there myself, but I'm sure I'll go and see my nephew, I've heard it's supposed to be really nice. Tropical place, I've always liked places like that."

Shade Magus
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:27:00 AM
"If you like that stuff, then I could give you the name of a nice place here on Coruscant. It isn't natural, but it is one of the best tropical places I have been. Rojo's Beach I believe is the name."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:57:59 AM
"Ohh, now that would be a nice place to go, I may have to try it out. Coruscant hasn't been my favorite place, it's so busy here and the air is nasty." Cheyanne shook her head. "You'd think they'd have better air."

Shade Magus
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:47:10 AM
"You would, but after living here for awhile, nothing can contend with the freshness of real air and not recycled air."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:36:17 AM
"Yes, that's true. I live in a lot of recycled air being a pilot. But, I've grown used to it, but even Coruscant's air is welcoming after a long flight."

Shade Magus
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:49:38 AM
"Thankfully I can't relate. I try to stay on planet as much as possible. For some reason I just don't like space travel. There's just to much that I can't do. Being on the ground I can control to an extent what I am doing."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:21:56 PM
Cheyanne nodded. "Yeah, but I grew up around piloting, so I'm very used to it."

Shade Magus
Jan 24th, 2005, 12:52:52 PM
"True...I'm just thankful to say I grew up around life in a jungle."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:27:58 PM
"Quay was always the one into the nature thing. I didn't care a whole lot from it, probably because my mother was always degrading my sister for her unique ways dealing in nature. Spoke of it as a bad thing, the Rakai's were known for their battle tactics...blah, blah, blah..."

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:36:57 PM
Shade laughed slightly. "Sounds a lot like my family. The good thing about it though, was that both me and my brother were the nature freaks so it was nice to have someone there to back me up."

Cheyanne Rakai
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:55:16 PM
"Yeah, and maybe I should have backed Quay up a bit more than I had. But, we both had our own ways, her's was nature, mine was ships."

Shade Magus
Feb 6th, 2005, 02:36:20 PM
"More common are such things than I can imagine. But enough of this talk of depressing matters. Come, tell me when is this concert you plan to attentd?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:18:52 PM
"Well, I saw one going on at Conseeco Station, it's the Mindbenders. I've heard some of their stuff, they aren't bad. Care to join me?" She asked with a hopeful look.

Shade Magus
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:26:34 PM
Shade cocked his head to the side as he thought about it. It wouldn't hurt anything and it would be nice to have a distraction once in awhile. "Sure..why not?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:26:39 PM
"Sounds awesome. I'll get the tickets, the concert is tomorrow...is that alright?"

Shade Magus
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:56:57 PM
Shade smiled. "Of course."

Cheyanne Rakai
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:13:36 PM
Cheyanne smiled and gave a slight nod. "It'll be nice to get out and away from things for once. I suppose one of these days, I'm going to have to get back on the bandwagon and go on. Quay would've wanted that, it just seems so strange that she's...gone." The young lady paused for a moment.

"But, at least we can see her son and we know he's safe and living with a loving family."

Shade Magus
Mar 11th, 2005, 05:04:53 PM
"Yes that is true," Shade conceded.

Cheyanne Rakai
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:07:58 PM
"Well, my dad and soon-to-be-stepmom cleaned out Quay's quarters a few days ago, I helped them and wow, the reality really lays in to you when you're packing up stuff and looking at pictures."

Cheyanne took a drink. "It's just so sad, because she wanted that baby so badly, everything was ready. We shipped it to Mylia, knowing that she could use it far more than just selling everything."

Shade Magus
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:11:06 PM
"I understand," he said before taking a sip of his drink. "I hope that her child will be ok."

Cheyanne Rakai
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:11:11 PM
"Yeah, I do too. From what I gathered that was Quay's biggest concern too. She wanted him to be safe and away from the father. But, I'm no exactly sure why, but it was her business so who's to argue. She had her ducks in a row so to say. My dad said she knew she was going to die and I can't help but feel somewhat guilty that I didn't come back to see her one last time, when I should have." She sighed. "But, there's nothing I can do about that now."