PDA

View Full Version : Don King sues ESPN

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:21:11 PM
You have to read this to believe it
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=755&e=1&u=/ap/20050112/ap_on_sp_bo_ne/box_king_lawsuit

What is he suing for? Telling the Truth? The man is horrible and ESPN did the right thing for callling him what he is. The man is a hustler, a murderer, and a thief and probably has/had ties with organized crime. He is one of the worst people associated with sports he should be in jail for what he has done.

JMK
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:55:08 PM
I understand him suing. If he doesn't, then he admits to all those things. I don't understand the 2.5 billion part, considering we all knew that he was all the things you've described.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:56:22 PM
All ESPN has to do is show they were telling the truth the stuff about him being arrested his fact he can't deny that stuff. If they can prove he underpayed Ali then he has no case.

Darth McBain
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:39:43 PM
King is such a loser - oh wait, I better retract that before he comes after me for defamation of character... Seriously - what good character does that guy have to defame in the first place - he's such a sleaze and a blight on the boxing business...

JMK
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:58:59 PM
The only leg he has to stand on, is that boxing is a sport that has no real governing body. People can do whatever they want and basically not break any rules. The ethics of his business dealings are no doubt wrong, but people will have a hard time proving that what he did was illegal, in boxing terms. Sort of like Bonds. His records will always remain legit because baseball had not banned illegal substances.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 05:14:43 PM
He is the kind of people that John MCcain is after in his Boxing bill. Although King is doing anything in his power including trying to influence Bush (which is why he backed him in the election).

Jedieb
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:46:45 PM
I guess King's upset that ESPN brought that trivial murder he committed years ago. Yeah, bringing up the FACT that you beat a man half your size to death does deserve a lawsuit. Putz.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:39:01 PM
I can't believe he only got 4 years for that, he must have had some lawyer. If I had done that today I be looking at the death pentality in my state.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:37:35 PM
Originally posted by JMK
The only leg he has to stand on, is that boxing is a sport that has no real governing body.

He shouldn't have legs to stand on - someone should just frickin' break them. Serves the scum right. Of course, people like Mike Tyson (who's trying to get $100 million out of King's pocket) are not exactly angelic, even compared to King. Unless you count fallen angels....:D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:41:24 PM
Well I feel sorry for Ali, King took millions from him. Some even say he influenced him to keep fighting which is part of the reason Ali is in such bad shape today.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:43:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well I feel sorry for Ali, King took millions from him. Some even say he influenced him to keep fighting which is part of the reason Ali is in such bad shape today.

With slime like that? I'm surprised Ali isn't dead yet! Sheesh, the BS that man dealt with....