PDA

View Full Version : School begins again.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:42:47 PM
It's time again for classes and learning. I'm taking the maximum amount of classes this semester, and therefore am giving everyone who needs it a heads up about what is going to be happening to me.

First: All people who have threads going on with me right now will be posted to until the thread comes to completion, or until the people involved decide not to post anymore.

Second: I will be starting no new threads. If you want to RP with me, make a note to yourself what it is about and if you absolutely need Wei for it, we will see what we can do at the end of the semester.

Third: If you need to get a hold of me for some other reason, then drop me a PM. I'll be sure to see it when I post to the threads I am already involved in.

And for all of you don't RP with me or otherwise, then this shouldn't be of any big consequence to you. But I would appreciate a good luck wish anyway. See you around.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:45:25 PM
You're lucky you waited this long, Wei - I've been in school since August. *chuckles* :D Of course, you're past high school already, so...

General Dan
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:00:49 PM
(insert trite and condescending acknowledgment of original poster's requirement to return to secondary education, coupled with sincere gratitude that replying poster no longer has to initiate such a learning cycle again)

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:14:35 PM
Yeah, what you said....

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:09:19 AM
Good luck! Dont cram to much into that brain of yours. Might start spilling out one day. That would be messy.

Shade Magus
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:12:35 AM
Good luck! Catch ya later.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:35:06 AM
What's your major again? I know Zeke's is animation or some such related degree, but I don't think I ever got yours.

Bobby Gara
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:20:08 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
What's your major again? I know Zeke's is animation or some such related degree, but I don't think I ever got yours.

Wei's in Regilous studies, I do believe.

AmazonBabe
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:39:23 AM
Good luck, Wei. Get lots of A's. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:47:43 AM
Ah. I mean, um, I knew that. I was just seeing if Wei remembered what he was studying.

Stupid Alzheimer's :(

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:50:26 AM
You really have Alzheimer's? :(

Marga Alton
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:28:09 AM
Good luck Wei

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:51:53 AM
Whenever you get the chance to answer this, that's cool. But I'm curious, is there a specific area of religious studies you're focusing on? I have no idea what such a major entails, so I'm sorry if I sound horribly naive on the subject :\

Artimus:

No Alzheimer's, but sometimes I wonder.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:17:24 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Gara
Wei's in Regilous studies, I do believe.

Yes, I am. More specifically, I am majoring in Christianity. I am also minoring in Greek. Mainly we focus on the New Testament Greek, so I can read the Gospels in their original language, but I might have trouble with Plato, Aristotle or Homer. So far I've taken:

(For my Major)
New Testament
Old Testament
Theological Research and Writing
Religion and Black American Experience
World Religions

(My Minor)
Intro to Biblical Greek I
Intro to Biblical Greek II
Intermediate Greek

(Just for Fun)
Religion and Literature

(currently taking for Major and Minor)
Church History
Approaches to Christian Ethics
Philosophy of Religion
Parables of Jesus (For my Minor)

Zachariah Jak'el
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:28:00 PM
I think I speak for almost everyone when I say "I DON'T WANT TO DO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:06:03 PM
Amen, Xel.

Grev Drasen
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:19:53 AM
I really need to get back into school. I just need to find a place where I can live for longer than a month.

Vice
Jan 15th, 2005, 12:09:18 AM
Dont hate on school because I like it.:( :( :( :(

Sanis Prent
Jan 15th, 2005, 01:57:00 AM
School was fun while it lasted, but I have no desire to participate in continuing education for at least a few years.

If I'm still gainfully employed at IMS, I might get them to pay for an MBA. I'm sure I could get some operations management or international business, since I'm neck deep in operations as it is, and I'm constantly doing business with Germans.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2005, 09:19:35 AM
I usually like working with Germans. As a general rule, they pay quickly.

Sanis Prent
Jan 15th, 2005, 09:54:39 AM
Well, my Germans are suppliers, not customers. So I have to deal with their currency fluctuations along with 2-3 week lead times and such.

On the other hand, they come bearing chocolate. I have become utterly jaded on european chocolate since working there. When the cheapest stuff I eat is Milka (incidentally my favorite - especially Schwartzwald, which my friend in Hamm brings me at every chance) its pretty hard for me to get enamored over buying candy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 17th, 2005, 02:10:57 PM
Originally posted by Vice
Dont hate on school because I like it.:( :( :( :(

be cool. stay in school.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 17th, 2005, 02:20:41 PM
Officer LD ;)

Vice
Jan 17th, 2005, 02:34:35 PM
AMEN Liaena !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!