PDA

View Full Version : The Chandrila Episode

Lady Vader
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:17:31 PM
Rasha, Je'gan, Rivin, etc...

I think it's time we all put our OOC thoughts down on what went on at Chandrila. I've been speaking with another Elder and we're both puzzled as to what the agenda was for this whole thing and what exactly went on.

And receiving PMs from the individuals isn't going to get those individuals to also communicate with each other.

Lets talk about this here and see if we can't make heads ot tails of what transpired and where we're going with this.

:)

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:36:20 PM
I'll just reiterate what I said in my PM, LV.

Je'gan saved one baby - both to sow confusion, which is what he thinks might have happened had Rasha not intervened, and to needle Rivin.

Je'gan also killed a lot of people, more or less needlessly: he didn't need to kill them to keep them off Rivin's back.

The incident, incl. Vill's meeting with Thareena and Dar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36995)

Thareena's reactions and actions (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37471)

Je'gan and Rivin argue - takes place before Vill meets Thareena. Note that Vill's agent is apparently listening in. (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37223)

Vill, Je'gan, the Chandrilan agents and Natia - Yog's (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37478)

The Senate thread, just starting (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37641)

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:16:43 PM
Rivin's reasons for the attack ate stated in the "Time to talk" Thread.

"You see, you can cause much more damage to the strong by culling the weak rightout from under their noses. And while they focuse on hunting me, the greater threat, small groups of my men loot plunder, rape, pillage, and kill the people that were once behind well defended lines, striking at the moral of the people, making them much easer targets."

Because Chandrila I had a reason to attack. It was helping out a construction company that had recently allyed itself with me, and Thus I chose to give it some work to do.

Also Rivin wanted to kill people.

And to think I only started that thread because I was bored and wanted to do something with Rivin, just because he hadn't attacked anyplace for some time. I never thought it would become something this big.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:18:06 PM
Neither did I, lol. I guess be both need to think about the big picture - just because big things never happen doesn't mean they can't.

Lady Vader
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:21:06 PM
Well, what we have to do now is make sure whatever the outcome is, that it goes in our favor.

I'm guessined a lot of this is gonna fall in Rasha's shoulders.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:34:20 PM
Well the outcome of this thread is tied in with the whole Rise of the Empire arc coming into effect across the whole board. We don't have much control over the consequences of Rivin's actions now, although they have provided a great catalyst for the Senate to propose (and pass) the Force User Act (to track all Force users) and for the NR to come to Corellia... and be repelled by the Imperials.

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:35:40 PM
Rasha is going to be trying to get most of the trouble on Rivin's shoulders, just because She doesn't like him, and his crime syndcate is supected of causing trouble on the planet. But Rasha will do her best to get things to go in favor of as many people as she can.

It's nice to know I still have a knack at getting people to hate Rivin. :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:42:46 PM
Butchering kids will do that. I've told my little sisters about Rivin - one of them actually wants to join AraMir just to help hunt him down. You're lucky she's only nine - I've often thought that she'd make a great Darksider. Dangerous little kid...

In any case...

Will Imperial losses be the cause of the rift between the Sov and TSO?

What will happen to the shipyards?

What state are our non-Sov defences in?

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:48:41 PM
Yippy! I'm still the one that everybody loves to hate!

I know that Rasha will still do her best to get the Shipyards to stay in working order, and will likely order them to increese production for system defence.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:52:53 PM
I know that Rasha will still do her best to get the Shipyards to stay in working order, and will likely order them to increese production for system defence.

I don't think Rasha has any jurisdiction over the shipyards. I might be wrong in saying this, but if I remember rightly, the shipyards orbitting Corellia are property of the Sov..

Anyway, ships are pretty much useless to TSO. We don't have the man power to keep anything worthwhile (an SSD, ISD) up in the air, really. I wouldn't say we're a fleeting group.

As for our non-Sov defences, a lot of those are based in the Palace itself. I seem to remember some sort of solar satellite that LV had come up with, but not exactly what it did...

I'll let her field the questions :p

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:01:01 PM
I was under the impression that the Sov was just renting the use of our shipyards... as for the man power, the ship can always be droid opperated. The would not be as good as a living crew but would be better than nothing.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:04:54 PM
Say we had the power to operate a small fleet. What would you propose we do with it? The NR are already going to have been beaten back by the Empire, and in the event that the Empire decides they no longer want to be friends with TSO, we'd be stupid to go up against their fleet- that would just be suicide.

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:12:37 PM
My thinking would be to put better defences in the event that the empire needs it's fleets else where.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:21:04 PM
That could easily be seen as using OOC knowledge IC.

What would we do with a fleet? Defence - a deterrent that might let us operate in other areas unmolested.

Rasha Vill
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:47:52 PM
How would it be seen as using OOC knoledge IC if she started making a defence fleet AFTER the NR is sent home by the Imps?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:54:42 PM
Sorry, I saw
My thinking would be to put better defences in the event that the empire needs it's fleets else where. as an immediate thing. My mistake.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 14th, 2005, 02:13:41 PM
Just a thought: do we want to send an agent of some sort to the Senate?

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 14th, 2005, 02:20:56 PM
What do you meen by an agent? I could try harder to get Rasha back in on the talks about the Chandrila Episode in the Senate side...

Also I'm wondering if LV and Warlock will be continuing their talk with Rasha

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 14th, 2005, 02:27:57 PM
IMHO, Rasha's presence sends all the wrong signals. We need someone who would stay low-key, someone whose presence is totally insignificant. They can observe, and if the Elders say so, they can be in a position to act.

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:57:43 PM
Okay.... What does IMHO meen?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:00:43 PM
In My Humble Opinion.

Mmm...perhaps the best way to plant an agent would be to have Je'gan simply braintwist a Senate guard or attendant. Well within his abilities, and almost undetectable save under very close scrutiny by a Master or a talented, experienced Jedi Healer.

Lady Vader
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:49:06 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I don't think Rasha has any jurisdiction over the shipyards. I might be wrong in saying this, but if I remember rightly, the shipyards orbitting Corellia are property of the Sov..

Anyway, ships are pretty much useless to TSO. We don't have the man power to keep anything worthwhile (an SSD, ISD) up in the air, really. I wouldn't say we're a fleeting group.

As for our non-Sov defences, a lot of those are based in the Palace itself. I seem to remember some sort of solar satellite that LV had come up with, but not exactly what it did...

I'll let her field the questions :p

:lol Where to begin... Ok, I'll make it short and simple otherwise my brain will explode spectacularly leaving goo and ickor everywhere. :x

Rasha doesn't have control of the shipyards, and believe it or not, neither does the Sov. They were just borrowing it from TSO. The shipyards are run by and belong to TSO.

We have NPCs mostly that take care of the fleet. As it is, We have a small fleet of 4 SSDs that can cloak, and I know Darth vader is running around with his own fleet, and Javus has a small fleet under his command (though while he's with the Saiatah, his second in command takes care of the fleet). I know we also had another general or admiral or something run by Gav, but I dunno what he's done with him. And, correct, we aren't a fleeting group... but we do have the means and resources if we're attacked. Especially that gargantuan ship... forgot it's name...

And Jen was right about the defenses. The Palace itself, after it's first destruction, was rebuilt using a black rock substance (it's name is mentioned in the Thrawn dualogy... it is almost impervias to laser fire). Aside from that, the Palace also has it's own shield generator, along with an Underground base kept sceret from all save the Sith (even Rasha doesn't know about it... or shouldn't at least). The planet also has a shield that was installed to protect itself from outside invasion. And as for the satelites, yes, we do have them. I forgot what they're called... G--- stations or something? Anyways, they have a skeleton crew at best, but can also be remotely controlled from the control room in the Underground. Lasers, torps, jamming devices, etc.

Right... there it is. And that was just a summary. :x:x

Also I'm wondering if LV and Warlock will be continuing their talk with Rasha

Posted. Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for inspiration to hit me (seems to be comming less frequently as of late :\ )

Rasha Vill
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:52:10 PM
Okay, thank you for clearing things up. I was just going off of the info That I already had.

Lady Vader
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:58:50 PM
Glad I could help. :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:02:19 PM
They're callen Golan battle platforms, I believe. And the black stone is never named, but it can

Eat massed turbolaser fire for breakfast.

...or so said Mara Jade. Love those books...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 15th, 2005, 04:59:46 AM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
IMHO, Rasha's presence sends all the wrong signals. We need someone who would stay low-key, someone whose presence is totally insignificant. They can observe, and if the Elders say so, they can be in a position to act.

We may need this person soon, if Rasha is not careful. Vega is very clumsy, often accidentally impaling people on the end of a saber.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:36:50 AM
I feel your pain. Minds tend to go blank when Je'gan's around. Side effect of his imposing 5'11" presence, don'cha know.

AmazonBabe
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:41:20 PM
often accidentally impaling people on the end of a saber.

HAHA! You said "accidently". :p

Anyways, so who should be this inconspicuous person? I dunno if we even have anyone like that... maybe Warlock?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:46:02 PM
I set up an account for the Corellian Information Minister a while ago (Parker Proctor). Perhaps he could received a promotion? :P

AmazonBabe
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:54:42 PM
Hmmm... perhaps... that means more RPing for you. Would you mind?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:30:01 PM
Not particualrly. I'm not doing much at the minute anyway - and not necessarily because I don't have the time, just because I don't have anything interesting for my chars to do.

Southstar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:28:42 PM
Alright, somebody please give me the short version of what has happened and the intended direction. Southstar is somewhat involved in it now, and it seems this whole thing is going to tie in with the Rise of the Empire ordeal.

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:43:12 PM
Rivin decimated a village on Chandrila, with Je'gan intervening both to protect Rivin and to irritate him. The Chandrilan Senator (Thareena) got a visit from Rasha Vill, who confirmed Rivin's ID and added Je'gan's into the mix. As a result, the Senate is passing a Force User Act to track all Forcers, and a bill is going to be passed about looking closer at Corellia - maybe a military expedition, which will be occurring in any case. Meanwhile, an anonymous bounty was posted: 250,000 credits on Rivin's head.

The Elders booted Rivin for this. The whole policy is secrecy and manipulation; Rivin spoiled that for us. So we boots him, preciousss.

Direction: well, Parker Proctor (Vega) posted TSO's official sympathies. Opinions are varied: we can let the bounty hunters come to Corellia and deal with them if they interfere with us or we can give the bounty hunters a head start. Meanwhile, Corellia hunkers down with Sov aid to protect COrellia against a NR incursion.

That's what I know so far.

Southstar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:56:10 PM
Ok, I had a vague idea of what was going on and it seems that was close to it. Thanks.

AmazonBabe
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:10:46 PM
We'll add more to what Je'gan posted. Right now we're in the process of working on an idea to coincide with all this. It will be shared with you all soon. :)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
They're callen Golan battle platforms, I believe. And the black stone is never named, but it can

Eat massed turbolaser fire for breakfast.

...or so said Mara Jade. Love those books...

Je'gan... I think I love you. Anyone that knows much as I do about the EU when I make a cryptic description deserves a cookie.

*hands him a cookie*

Now, lets see how good you are... what is the significance of the data books concerning The Complete History Of Corvis Minor in Imperial libraries? If you get this, I'm keeping you and putting you in my back pocket. :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:59:51 PM
The pack was empty; it held a replacement blaster for Mara Jade.

AmazonBabe
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:22:15 PM
*stuffs Je'gan in her back pocket* :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:51:35 PM
Your turn.

Where is the dimetris circuit located in the average lightsaber? What is its weakness?