PDA

View Full Version : Not the way I intended to end my Friday!

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:52:34 PM
It was about 2:35, my bus was pulling out of the school - I ride one of the damned short buses - and we get a van pulling up in front of us, blocking the driveway (which is illegal, if memory serves). As we start moving again, this white Toyota Tacoma smacks into the front left bumper. No serious damage and no injuries, but we did get a jolt. Now I, seated at the back of the bus, am somewhat shocked, seeing as this is the first time I've been involved in an auto accident (and of course, we weren't smashed up, either!). Then we were called back into the parking lot of the school - we hadn't got far - and were told to wait for the CHP so they can question us. We sat in the parking lot for over an hour, and we did not get questioned. Since the bus was not damaged, they took us home.

What was suspicious, though, was that the driver did not have any form of identification, nor did he have the insurance papers for the vehicle he was driving. In fact, the insurance info he gave was for a Ford Ranger. He was driving a Tacoma - I don't think Ford makes Tacomas! So either he was borrowing a vehicle registered to someone else in his household, or the Tacoma was stolen. Seemed somewhat nervous to me, like he was hiding something, but that's not for me to speculate on.

Anywho - I eventually got home, about half an hour ago. Needless to say, that was not how I thought my Friday would end. :D

James Prent
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:35:24 PM
They wouldn't let the bus go home, and you didn't get questioned after all that?!

I'd want my money back.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:07:07 PM
It was a school bus. I didn't pay them a damn thing. :D