PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:49:09 AM
Well, it all started sometime in the night, after I had gone to bed, and this morning, while I was laying in bed all nice and warm and comfortable, I get this urge to get up and look outside. Now we have a couple inches of snow, something we never get here (except in '96 when we had our blizzard) and now I have to make my own way to my job inteview this afternoon, and I have to make my own way home as well.

What is a person supposed to do with snow??

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:03:55 AM
eeeeeeeeeeee!! :crack <--- that's what *I* do with snow. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:06:57 AM
When we get some down here, I'll let you know. It's been weird lately though. We haven't had a good snow in the past two years or so. Usually when its nasty cold here, its also really dry.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:34:14 AM
I'm in the same city as Natia. I got to the bus stop at 7:15am to get to class for 8:30am. I was 10min late, and at 9:00am they said that the college was closed, due to the fact that the only road into the college has been closed due to 4 city busses getting stuck. So now I'm at school with no way to get home. I guess I can walk but that's a 3 hour walk on a GOOD day.

My day just keeps getting better and better! And Natia, I hope you make it safely to your Job interview, Cars and busses have been dieing left, right, and center. Just take your time and stay safe!

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:25:14 PM
Pfff, snow. I welcome it, that's what *I* do with it.

But be safe in getting to the interview! And take the drive, or whatever, slow. Driving on snow/roads that aren't properly plowed or serviced can and will wreck ya.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:31:15 PM
Can't believe it snowed out there...

Over here (Calgary) we got something like nine inches yesterday when it started. I love it - especially since I do groundskeeping for this one office complex and that includes snow removal. Fifteen - Canadian - an hour. I'm loving this.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:41:34 PM
I don't drive when there is snow on the ground. And even if I did, the ppl who own the vehicles that I use have forbidden me from driving them today so I'm either walking or busing to my job interview. On a good day, it's about a 45 minute walk to where my interview is so I figure if I give myself two hours, that's plenty of time.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:39:41 PM
My snowboard and I are jealous of you :( And we don't care how much or how little snow there is, we're still jealous :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:29:22 PM
We got some snowflakes mixed in with our rain. I had my nose pressed against the window at work, watching them. ^_^;

Lady Vader
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:48:27 PM
It's doing nothing but raining here. And raining. And raining. And it's suppose to rain for the next few days all the way through. I think CA has forgotten it's CA and now thinks it's OR.

But thank gawd there's no snow here. I like snow if I'm looking at it and playing in it. But I despise snow if I have to live in it, or shovel it out of the way of my car, or struggle to get the door open cause it's frozen shut, etc.

Tear
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:09:16 PM
Lower mainland guy <---

I saw on the news the island got it too. We had a dump yesterday too that caused all sorts of damage. Can you say 5 bus pile up?

Its kinda sad since it was only 5 centimeters of snow but then again it did start around 5-6 in the morning when people couldnt prepare.

That was the first time ive ever said something along the lines of ..damn snow.

Then it snowed around the same time this morning. Luckly my campus shut down because of it. So i get a free day to do more stuff.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:44:29 PM
But I despise snow if I have to live in it, or shovel it out of the way of my car, or struggle to get the door open cause it's frozen shut, etc.

When, pray tell, have you even had to do that?

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:45:32 PM
In her world of warcraft game ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:48:27 PM
Oh right..

Selinica Miriya
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:38:42 PM
I live on the island also. I know Natia and Shanaria. Good friends. The snow almost had me stuck at work after the end of my shift at 7AM this morning. If that had happened, I would have taken a whole load of overtime.

Jeeg, my best friend lives in calgary. She's taking accounting. It must be cold there, and I really am sorry. :p

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:53:48 PM
I have a sister that lives in Calgery and so does my birth mom, we just had an ice storm, luckily our power didnt' go out as many around us did...

Rhea Kaylen
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:28:59 PM
Well, this just isn't fair--all you other people get snow and not me? We were supposed to have the grandmammy of all storms in this part of the country this weekend and got squat. A little rain. A few clouds. At least the temperature dropped again and it rained on Friday, which made me very happy, because a January birthday should at the *very* least be celebrated in the cold, and rain is better than nothing.

But I want snow...*cries*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:53:52 PM
Snow? Snow doesn't exist here unless there is some weird stuff going on.

Crystal
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:55:06 AM
We got a little bit of snow over here. It's been pretty warm this winter though which is very weird. It just got cold enough to snow for a day or so and now it's warming back up again

Natia Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:39:06 AM
*curses snow*

Let's see, we had two power outages, a zillion accidents, I froze my butt off coming home from my job interveiw and I didn't walk all that far.

We're not supposed to get snow. It's supposed to be a mythical substance. I've got ice galore outside my front door and down my steps (which have now been salted) Snow is nice to look at, pretty to play in, but can be a big nusauance.

Tear
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:19:12 PM
Snow on the Island is mythical? When i lived over there it was pretty common every winter but i did live more north then you in Port Alberni.

Travis North
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:57:44 PM
There was snow this winter for all you other Canadians. I feel left out. I think '98 busted the climate in Ont. All we've been getting for the past winter snowfalls have been a few cm or so and then within a day it's melted away.

AmazonBabe
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:04:18 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
When, pray tell, have you even had to do that?

I haven't. But Joe had to when he was in Ohio. he now despises snow as much as I do.

And yet, we still think it's pretty to look at. :)