PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Fair Magazine cover

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:54:51 PM
This is a great cover all the major characters form the 6 movies, except one (how they forgot Boba Fett is beyond me). I am shocked to see Harrison on the Cover honestly I wouldn't think he do it maybe Lucas talked him into it heh.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/news20050104.html

Defitently picking this one up next week.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:46:27 AM
Yeah I have the other 2 Vanity Fair's that came out before the release of TPM and AotC and I'll be getting this one too. There's always some great pictures in there.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:16:00 PM
That's pretty cool, to see them all together like that. Weird, but cool :)

JMK
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:54:36 PM
The TPM cover is a much smaller scale picture, but similar. They had added Jar Jar to the picture of Lucas, Lloyd, Portman etc...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:26:42 PM
Yeah this one just has every major character from the 6 films. Boba Fett is the only significant character not to make it. Instead they chose Grievious it looks like probably trying to hype him up for Episode 3.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:49:41 PM
It is very odd that they didn't work Boba Fett in to that picture. He clearly belongs there. Oh well.

As far as Grievous, I expect that Lucasfilm will put his likeness on almost every piece of print that they issue in order to make him an icon of evil, as they did with Darth Maul...

Yog
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:31:05 PM
Its great that they could get Harrison, Mark, Carrie and Billy together on that shot :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:50:17 PM
Yeah I thought so that was really cool see so many faces from the films. Even get Neeson back although I think he will make an apperance in Episode three

Jedieb
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:53:09 PM
Great looking cover. I'm definitely picking it up. I remember the TPM issue. This will make a nice bookend.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:15:04 PM
I hope this interview offers something new. I'm a little bored of the "No new movies" stuff.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:11:25 PM
I read somewhere that he said that he didn't care if the movie ended up Pg-13. He said some more about that but I can't remember the rest of it. I think I saw that on theforce.net.

Rutabaga
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:58:30 PM
I've also got the other 2 issues of Vanity Fair done prior to TPM and AOTC, so I'll definitely be picking this one up as well.

Oooooooo, if they would sell prints of this cover, I'd buy one and frame it, I think it's that neat a picture :). Even if Boba Fett is missing :(.

Mandy with an I
Jan 20th, 2005, 10:48:57 PM
I just was flicking through the channels, and Carrie Fisher was on CTS (Canadian channel) and she said that they digitally inserted her into the picture :lol

Has anyone else heard anything about this (because, har har, it's way too funny)?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:30:25 AM
I think that would be pretty hard. I think she is making a joke, IMO. I saw something on ET how they did it, so they are all there.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:51:54 AM
Yeah she was kidding for sure. That's her type of dry humor IMO.