PDA

View Full Version : Brains Triumph Over Brawns (Jacen)

Rognan Dar
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:48:33 PM
Training a padawan was almost as hard as training oneself. It took time and energy, willpower and strength. In some respects, it would be easyer to try a new thing with the Force then it would be to start someone off from scratch. But when you look at it it is sometimes easier to explain how to do things then it really is to do them. There is no greater feeling, though, when you see how well a young student is doing and realize that he is doing so well because I took the time to try and train him in this way. And thats how Rognan looked at his training of Jacen. Jacen was a sharp lad, able to grasp things quickly and even come up with questions that were hard for Rog to answer. He had gone through the same thing, but now that he was no longer under someone directly, he had loosened up about how things worked and why they did such things. Training Jacen help him to know the truth that he believed, just that now he was saying it instead of just thinking it.

Today, in the academy once again, was time for Jacen to take on the next lesson on the Jedi and the Force. Rognan was very limited to what he really knows about the Force and how to use it. Most of the things he has taugh are things he knows. And today is something that he would say he excels in. It has been his strongest skill ever since coming to the Jedi, and now it was time to see what he really knew about what he was doing. For it was time to see if Jacen could learn what he could teach. And a lesson for the both of them it would be.

Rognan was walking the halls of the academy. He had no real idea of where he could go that would best help him in his teaching this day. He had sent word to Jacen to come when he was able and ready. There was no hurry in his summoning as he did last time. For he was not yet ready himself.

Jacen
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:59:53 PM
Jacen got Rognan's message and smiled. He was glad to be having another lesson so soon. He was still sore from his last little bit of training, but also tired from the lack of sleep last night. He had had nightmares, but they had felt so real. They weren't anything like others he had had. Jacen also liked that he was given more time to get prepared before he had to be there. He felt that an hour should be sufficient. All he really wanted to do was take a shower and go grab a quick bite to eat.

And precisely as he had timed it, he walked to where Rognan was sitting. He had searched out his Master through the Force and smiled as it took him less time. He was getting better at this already.

"Good morning Master Rognan."

Rognan Dar
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:05:44 PM
Rognan had taken a moment to sit and meditate, focusing on his thoughts and emotions and just letting them go. When you were free of your worries and concerns of the day, it made it so much easier to instruct someone on doing so. And it was just more relaxing to know that he was not in any real hurry. And as Jacen made his way to him, he could also feel him. Could feel him reach out to find him. Though he was still getting better at feeling those around him, he was yet a strong presence in the Force.

"And it is good to see you as well. How are you? Have you been doing what I said?"

Jacen
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:10:57 PM
He smiled as he rotated his shoulder. It was stiff from all his free time training along with his lesson from Rognan. He hadn't given his body in real time to relax and recouperate. He instead had been drawing subtly on the Force allowing it to give him strength. It should do him good in the long run, but for now it was helping him immensely.

"Yes Master."

Rognan Dar
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:15:28 PM
"Good. If you can keep up doing a little every day, then you will be able to do a little very well. And then you do more, and so forth. I dont expect you to be anything but sore for a few days. So just keep it up.

So you ready to learn yet another one of the Jedi's many talents?"

Jacen
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:19:28 PM
His grin widened as he nodded.

"As always Master."

Rognan Dar
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:21:16 PM
"As I expected. We are going to start on Telekinesis today. One of the greatest known skills of a Jedi, besides for fighting with lightsaber s. But tell me, what do you know about telekinesis?"

Jacen
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:40:22 AM
"Well not much really. I know that you use the Force to lift objects and move them. I've seen it done before. I've even tried it a few times, but I haven't really grasped it."

Rognan Dar
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:06:38 PM
"Yes, it is with the Force. It is a common thing and yet a very unique. The familiar thing is that it is very much connected with the Force. But the way it is used compared to others can be almost like a stranger. Most Jedi have learned this over time. And it is a vital thing to learn. Are you ready to go into the details of it all?"

Jacen
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:42:26 AM
Jacen breathed out a deep breath and nodded. "Yes."

Rognan Dar
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:47:56 PM
"Very well. Now, for this, we are going to want to be clear minded and focused in the Force. So, as we did with the boosting, lets surround ourselves in the Force and just become one with it..."

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:06:18 PM
Jacen closed his eyes and reached out to the Force. As he did he remembered the waterfall from the medical center a few days ago and imagined the Force flowing over him just like that. When he opened his eyes, he could feel the power flowing over him and through him.

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:21:30 PM
Once Jacen was preparing himself, Rog took a vase from a nearby pillar and placed it on the floor infront of Jacen. He waited until he was sure that Jacen was ready.

"Do you see this Vase? This simple vase that has a small plant growing in it? Can you see the life of the Vase, the plant?"

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:24:01 PM
He nodded. He could see it alright. Atleast the plant inside of it.

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:25:58 PM
"You see it with your eye's, no doubt. But can you see it throug hthe Force? Can you feel the life essence that is contained in such a small plant. Even the vase is present in the Force. The Force is everywhere, and in everything. Are you able to see the vase through the Force as if you could see it with your eye's?"

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:31:57 PM
Jacen closed his eyes to prehaps make it easier and as he stretched out through the Force he could feel both the plant and the vase. It took a few moments, but it was there nonetheless. "I...I can feel them Master."

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:37:32 PM
Rognan mearly nodded his head, not wanting to waste words or make Jacen lose his sense in the Force.

"Reach out and touch that life. Feel it in your mind, within your soul, through the Force. Make all that it is a part of you, knowing it as if it was a hand or a leg."

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:41:50 PM
Jacen reached out and touched the vase through the Force and brought it in to him, or atleast as much as he could. He could feel it through the Force and he could see it, but it was harder than it sounded to make it a part of him.

He formed an image of the vase with the plant inside of his mind and held it there. He studied it and tried to pull it inside himself, but just could. "Master...I...I think I'm having a little bit of trouble with this. I'm trying to make it part of me, but I can't."

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:54:36 PM
"Alright, dont sweat it. I think we should talk more on what your about to do before we get down to it.

In making the plant a part of you, I just want you to draw the feelings, the life and the Force from it and send back your own life and feelings, dreams and passions and thoughts. With that, you will form a bond between you two that goes farther then most know. Jedi also share this bond with one another. But I cannot know how deep a connection can go.

Once you have this connection, I want you to make the vase rise from the floor. Any ideas on how you would go about doing this? Just think on what I have said and see if you can find a solution to my question."

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:01:59 PM
He tought about it before answering, but the answer didn't make much sense to him, but it was the only answer he had. "Umm...well when you have a connection...do you...well do you just ask?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:12:54 PM
"Good thought. Think more on what I said about controling the Force. We are to respect life and the Force, but to do so, you will need to know how to use it. And by using it, you must learn to control how you use it."

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:25:09 PM
"So we use our energy to raise it in the air?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:20:07 PM
"Here might be a easy way to look at it: Think of it all within the Force, letting your senses in the Force override your natural ones. Now, with that in mind, think of reaching out your hand and picking up the vase, as you would with you hand but, instead, using the Force to pick it up. Sometimes I find learning things to be easyer when I make it into a kind of image. Use the Force and think of yourself raising the vase, wiether by hand or just plan mind power."

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:29:54 PM
"Ohh ok I think I get it now," he replied. Jacen then let his senses go out into the Force and smiled as he did indeed feel it as though it were his hand. When he reached for the vase however, it felt like his hand was going through it. He frowned slightly and tried again to no avail. He tried it once more, but nothing. After a few moments the vase began to shake slightly but that was it. Nothing more.

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:32:22 PM
Something was amiss. Was he just not explaining it well enough? Did it really even make sense?

"Hmm..." Was all the sound that came from him. He pondered what might work better for Jacen.

"Tell me, how are you going about this? Are you reaching for the pot or are you trying to lift it?"

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:37:54 PM
"Well...I think I'm trying to lift it...I mean I can feel it through the Force, but it's like I can't get a grip on it, if that makes any sense?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:47:30 PM
"You can take the Force and use it to strengthen you. In a way, you are minipulating the Force into a physical being or shape. Instead of gripping the vase, that would be more like getting a sense of it and what it is which you can do, put the Force into the plant and now try and just push it. Not so much that you would need to grip it, just that you need to use the Force in order to stretch out your hand and give it a push."

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:50:52 PM
Jacen tried it this way and looked at the vase through the Force. He sent a little bit of that energy into the plant and did just as Rognan said. He gave it a slight push. It didn't move as far as he had expected, but it did move an inch or two.

He tried to put more energy into it, but again it only moved so much.

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:54:19 PM
"Good!" Rognan explaimed at Jacen's success. "Dont be disapointed with it. You are getting the basics of it down. Now that you have a sense on how to move it one way, now try and pull it towards you."

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:58:37 PM
He nodded and did the same thing, but only in reverse. Still the same results. Jacen sighed and put his head in his hands. Why wasn't he getting this?

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:01:22 PM
"Hey, dont be down. Its not everyones knack. With some practice you will get better at it. Try doing it a little more, back and forth, side to side. And then when you think you are able to, try lifting it."

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:10:45 PM
"I can't...it's not that I'm not getting it...it's just..."

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:23:34 PM
"What? Is there something you need to tell me about?"

This was a turn of events. Rognan could see that something was on Jacen's mind, and that it might be hinduring his sense of the Force.

"Emotions can be a great distraction. It is best when to clear ones mind before using the Force in such ways. But thats not the problem is it?"

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:26:53 PM
"Well...since our lesson about physical enhancement I haven't been able to sleep...I've been having these dreams...and they scare me because they seem so real."

Rognan Dar
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:38:36 PM
"Dreams?" Ah, so that was it. Rognan was one to know much about Jedi and dreams. He had only heard stories of such things, and how they were said to be visions from the Force of things from the past, present and future.

"And what is it in your dream that is keeping you frolm sleeping?"

Jacen
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:43:19 PM
"Well it starts out ok. I'm back with the couple who raised me. I'm at their cafe only a few kilometers from here. I'm talking to them and then I leave because I need to study. I walk out the door and...," Jacen took a deep breath before continuing. Even talking about his dream was hard for him. "...and then everything blows up. Their shop blows up with them in it. As I am running back I pass an alley with a young girl holding a lightsaber and a remote. I think she is the one that blew them up."

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:38:26 AM
"A lightsaber? Do you know if it was a Jedi or Sith? Or even someone else that might be identified?"

This was a strange dream, though, the kind that are not rare. Most dreams he heard about, that had some true connection, was about something terrible that was to happen.

"Do you have this dream often?"

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:41:45 AM
"Well yeah....it started around the time when I started my training...as for the girl...well...I'm not sure. She isn't anyone I have seen here, so I think it might be a Sith, but I just don't know."

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:04:43 AM
"Lets not jump ahead and start guessing things. It could be, yes, but lets consider other ideas to it. This looks to be more like a nightmare then a dream. I cant, however, deny that this could be important. And to think that it is not would be folly. But to jump to conclusion and at on what happened would also be trouble. For what, then, would happen if you saved the couple and stopped the girl? Something else could then happen that might be worse. And who is to say that this dream is what might happen? Even one person could throw the whole thing into a different course..."

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:10:20 AM
"I know...but I just can't get it off my mind. I worry about them. They are being bullied by a local thug gang and I can't seem to do anything about it and they don't call the athorities. Now with this dream...I just feel helpless."

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:16:58 AM
"What, then, do you think you should do? Surely, having had this happen so many times, and being that they have already had trouble with thugs, what do you think you should do?"

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:22:48 AM
"Well...I've already took the iniative and talked to the authorities, but they said that they couldn't do anything unless they actually caught the thugs in the act. I guess I'll just keep going down there and checking up on them when I get the chance. I mean that is all I can really do right?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:28:52 AM
"In a way, it is all you can do. For you do not know when the time for this attack will come. It could happen tomorrow after you checked on them and you would not be there to help. I dont really know what to tell you. Its not like you can just camp out there untill it happens. For then they might never comek, knowing that you are there, and then you will be like that for a long time."

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:32:36 AM
"I know...but it is just confusing cause I don't know if it is real...," jace wiped his face and stood up. "I though we were supposed to be learning here anyways?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:46:51 AM
"Only if you think you are ready to continue on with what we are doing. If not, then maybe its not a good time to try and learn it right now, if your mind elsewhere. Maybe if we confront this dream better and look at it from all sides we can figure out some way of doing something. Maybe then you would beready to pick up from where we left off..."

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:52:47 AM
"Look you said yourself, that there's nothing I can do about it right? What's the point of talking about it then?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:06:12 AM
"I didn't just say talk. And what I said is that I dont know at the moment what can be done. Interpretting the dream is what you should be focusing on. And maybe you should even go to the council and seek their wisdom and guidenceon the matter."

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:11:00 AM
"I'm afraid to...," he said quietly.

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:17:22 AM
"...To what? What is it that you are so afraid of?"

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:23:12 AM
"I don't want the council to think I am crazy and expel me....because of a stupid dream."

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:26:30 AM
"Expel? Where would such a thought come from? The council dont just expel students because they are gifted in the Force. They dont through out Jedi because some have dream and others nightmares. And just because they dont know what those dreams mean does not mean they are not, then, skilled enough in the Force that they see no use for them. Why would you think they would do such a thing?"

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:30:58 AM
"Because the Jedi maybe my family now, but there is still so much that I just don't know. I know practically nothing about the Order...only things I see and can speculate. And I don't see that many other people walking around talking about dreams."

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:35:31 AM
"In a way you are right. They dont go on about dreams because dreams are not things set in stone. By telling others, you could throw off all that the dream ment for others will then do things differently. I have run into many people that have had dreams, weither it was something to come or something they felt that was put into a dream. Not all can change the future, even if you think you know what is to happen. But there is wisdom in the council, for they have delt with such things for many years, some even have gone through what you also have."

Jacen
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:39:54 AM
"Even if I did, I wouldn't know about how to talk to them..."

Rognan Dar
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:13:30 PM
"Maybe not. But is in-action better then action? Are you willing to go about this and do nothing?

There is nothing I can make you do. And I dont want to convince you to do something you do not want and feel is right. Heed my words, if anything. Fear is a great enemy. Do not fall into your fear and let it consume you and make you in-active. Fear is the path to the dark side...

Well...if you want to continue training then we can. Its up to you..."

Jacen
Jan 16th, 2005, 01:32:34 AM
"I want to...atleast for now, but later, maybe we can talk some more?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:26:45 PM
"When ever you want to talk, I am always here. So, what do you want to continue on?"

Jacen
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:09:49 PM
"What we were working on," Jacen said putting Rognan's words in the back of his mind. He would talk to the Jedi later, but just not yet.

Rognan Dar
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:34:03 PM
"Very well. Lets continue on move the vase for a while. Just go with whatever direction you want, and then after a while try and lift it."

Jacen
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:19:24 AM
Jacen looked back at the vase and focused on that alone. He was glad to feel that the Force came to him easier this time. Prehaps I was more distracted by that dream than I had thought. It feels good to have it off my chest.

The vase moved easier this time, but he still didn't do much better. This more than likely just wasn't one of his strengths, but he would be as good as he could.

After a few minutes of moving it back and forth and side to side, the young Padawan tried to lift the vase and was surprise to find it floating a few inches off the ground.

"Master...I have another question, but I think it is kind of a personal type question."

Rognan Dar
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:08:40 AM
Rognan was pleased to see that Jacen was beginning to use the Force better. And to see it hover for a while just above the ground was even more delightful.

"Oh? I guess it would be alright to ask. And what is this question concerning?"

Jacen
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:19:38 AM
"Have you ever killed someone?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:33:58 AM
A look of surprise went across Rognans face. It was not that it was a strange quesion, just that he made it sound as if he was going to ask something a little more...personal then that.

"Well, yes. I have killed people. Being a Jedi is not all about protecting people. Sometimes, to do what is right, it involves killing others. I'm not proud of this fact. And I have also killed in wrong ways...which I wish I could have taken back. But why do you think of this now?"

Jacen
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:58:27 AM
"Because of my dream. I was just wondering what the penalty for a Jedi killing would be."

Rognan Dar
Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:21:29 PM
"Hmm...I'm not sure if there is a 'penalty.' Death happens. It is much easyer to do with a lightsaber, but death will come around. It all matters on how the Jedi killed. If he did it out of anger, of hate, used the Force with wrong motives, then this leads to the Dark side and from there your life will slowly go down hill."

Jacen
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:44:47 PM
"Oh..." Jacen said. He put the vase down and rested for a moment. Then he lifted the vase back in the air.

Rognan Dar
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:33:59 PM
Rognan did not want to push into Jacen's own affars and problems. But he had this bad feeling that Jacen might do something rash.

"What does your dream have to do with killing? Do you plan on trying to do something and want to make sure you wont get into trouble when you try to kill the men that might be killing your family?"

He didn't want to press the matter after Jacen wished to not talk about it. With such thoughts that might be going through his head, though, Rognan made it his place to know what his padawan was thinking.

Jacen
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:15:23 PM
"No," Jacen said quickly. A little to quickly actually. "I was just curious."

Rognan Dar
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:12:52 PM
This statement raised a eyebrow from Rognan. A small hint of doubt went through his being, but was swept away quickly. Maybe he was curious, he thought to himself.

"Well, it looks like your starting to get the hang of things," said Rog, changing the subject. "With time you will get better at it. I think...we should stop for now. Later on, though, we will come back and try some new methods and tests and see how well you can do this later, when you have a better understanding of the Force."

Jacen
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:23:19 PM
Jacen set the vase down and nodded. "Yes Master. When would that be though?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:59:06 PM
"Can't say for sure. Events happen and change to such a extent that to plan the future would be pointless. I can not say what will happen tomorrow, or the next day, or the next week. When I think your ready to work on it again, thats when."

Jacen
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:16:50 PM
"Ohh..of course. Do you have anything else for me, or am I free to go?" He asked jumping up. To tell the truth he was anxious to be going so that Rognan wouldn't pick up on any of his thoughts about his questions.

Rognan Dar
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:21:46 PM
With a heavy sigh, Rognan released Jacen. But he did not leave himself, not for a while. This dream of Jacen's, it troubled Rog. Not for the fact that if it was true, then people close to Jacen would die. No, what worried him was what Jacen might try to do to stop it. In the end, Jacen might be the one dead and everyone else will live. A Jedi's life is sacrafice. Was this a needless one?

When Rognan did finally leave, he convinced himself that he was going to keep a very close eye on Jacen. He was not going to let him do something that he would regret later.