PDA

View Full Version : To the Abyss and Beyond

Leten Snat
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:13:04 PM
Everybody had slept, Everybody had eaten. Leten got up this morning and quickly went to mee the others at the B&G, where they all had a quick meal and then Leten lead them off to the Abyss, the location where he fell and almost killed himself 3 years ago.

Leten stops at the Edge, and turns to looks back at the others(Marga, Shanaria, Natia, and Rognan).

"Here we are, The Abyss. It's a long drop, and there are likely to be Slugs and Ghouls at the bottom. There is no light down there, so trust the force. If you step in a Slug you have 15 seconds to get out or you are dead.

If you hear a screeching sound that seem to shake your brains, your as good as dead cause if it's that loud it meens the Ghoul is next to you, and attacking. If you have the chance, try and get your lightsaber into it's open mouth, that is one of their weak spots. If you can't hit there you will have to get through it's skin, which is tough enough that it takes two hits in the same spot to remove the limb, be even if you take out three legs it will still attack you. Also it's ears are good enough to hear your heart beating from 3 blocks away, so there is no hiding from them.

As I said before, once we get down there, I will be running to the to the site where I found the thugs, kidnaped street people, and the Sith. Do your best to keep up, and keep a lock on me with the force, that way if you fall behind you will still be able to find me. It will be a 2 hour run from the bottom of the Abyss to the site. I will not be stopping to wait for people. Any Questions?"

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:18:28 PM
Shanaria raises her hand.

"I have one." She says looking to Marga "Do you really think your up to stopping us from going SPLAT at the bottom of this hole Marga? I don't doubt that you can, I just want to be sure that you really up to this."

Marga Alton
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:59:26 PM
I can do this. I can and I will. I'm going to ask though that all of you are close by me so I don't have to have it a large area that I'm affecting.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:03:35 PM
Leten, if we don't stay as a group, we'll be taken out one by one. You know for a fact that I won't be able to run for long, let alone for two hours. It will be safer in the long one for all of us if we stay together on this. None of us are skilled with the lower levels except for you and you know that.

And don't you even dare suggest that I stay behind because there is no frelling way I'm going to let you go down there without me.

Rognan Dar
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:26:51 PM
"Natia is right. If you run ahead then its going to be just you when you get to the enemy. And I do believe you came to get help because you didn't think you could take them all by yourself. So running ahead will help no one and only hurt others."

Rognan had been uneasy about joining in such a expidition. Going into unknown territory was not one of Rogs favorite things to do. And with sith also down there somewhere...it didn't make anything better. He would not have come, if he had the choice. He would have even stopped everyone going be informing the council of what they were planning and have them send more qualified Jedi instead. But when he tried to talk Marga out of going, she wouldn't budge. She wanted to help, and she was just about the only one, at the moment, to get them all down. And instead of Rog convincing Marga not to go, she convinced him to go. He gave in and now, here he was.

"Do you think it would be easier to let people down one at a time? Or is it to far away for you to work that far down?"

Leten Snat
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:39:34 AM
Leten looks at Natia and Rognan.

"I understand everybody can't keep up, that's why you keep open with the force and keep locked on me. We have wasted too much time and as far as we know the could detonate the explosives in 3 hours, or 3 days but if I can even just slow the progress while the rest of you get there, then that will be worth it. If I get there and it is clear that they are not ready to set things off for some time then I'll hide and wait. "

Leten looks at Natia.

"I know that you are likely to be the only one that can't do a two hour run. I'd be willing to slow down and take two and a half hours to get there, but If we wait with you, you will slow us down too much. If you were willing to let some one carry you with the force for most of the way then it would work, but the've had three days and four nights since I last saw their work progress and they were starting to plant explosives then. We can't wait for you."

He then turns to Rognan.

"If I understand Marga's power corectly it will be the same amount of energy to move one person as to move all of us. I've lived through this fall once before, and it took me ten to fifteen miniutes to hit bottom, falling at the speed of gravity. I was lucky my back pack snaged near the bottom and only snaped most of the bones in my upper body, stoped me for a second, and then let me fall the last 3 floors, landing me on the pile of dead thugs. I lived only due to dumb luck and the fact that the lady that raised me some how knew I was comming, and got me medical attention instantly. It's a long way down, that much I can say."

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:52:16 AM
Shanaria gets a grim smile on her face.

"Boy Leten, you really know what to say to get people to want to move forward. I understand that you just want us to know what to expect, but did it ever occure that you may want to leave some of this to yourself, and let us figure it out as we plumet in a free fall for ten minutes without a parachute?"

Marga Alton
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:27:30 AM
Since I don't know the exact distance down, it would be safer for me to take us all down as a group. If I knew the exact distance, I don't know if I'd be able to do it one at a time.

No Leten, it will take up more energy, but in the long run, taking us all down together will take less energy then if I was to take us down one at a time.

And Shanaria, you won't be plummeting in free fall for ten minutes without a parachute. You'll be falling down the hole, praying like heck that I have a good grip on your with the air currents and that the slightest slip up on my part could have us all plummeting. But of course you don't want to know that so pay no attention to what I just said.

On the fall, it will be of utmost importance that you all make sure that there is nothing to break my concentration because if my concentration gets broken, there's a good chance of all of us plummeting to our death.

Marga says quite calmly.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:43:41 AM
Leten, we understand the need for speed right now, but none of us will be of any help if we tired out from the run there. If this Sith is still there and you're there by yourself, he could very well sense you through the Force and decide to deal with you before anybody else can get there.

Also, if you go ahead of us, we'll only be able to detect the direction you're in, not the path we need to take to get us there, therefore, you truly will be on your own to deal with the Sith and all the Thugs and that would defeat the purpose of you coming and getting help.

Rognan Dar
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:21:52 PM
"Well, I dont know about all of you, but I thought we were in a hurry. Can we save this chat to when we have the time? Because its still going to take us the same amount of time to fall now as it will later. And time, as it seems, is not on our side."

The discussion was getting a little to heated for a bunch of young Jedi going into a dangerious encounter. If he could keep the emotions from going negaitve until the mission was over, he was sure going to try. And with such thoughts, it might be harder for Marga to connect with the others and be able to fully use the Force to slow them down.

Leten Snat
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:19:15 PM
Leten nods...

"Rognan is right, we need to get going. I guess I can stay back with the rest of you, but I do ask that we go as fast as we can without stopping, and still being able to function at the other side. And Natia don't hesitate to ask to be carried, your legs will be the most worn by the end of this."

Marga Alton
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:35:04 AM
Ok, I'm going to need you all to stay close to me, though I ask that you not touch me. I might help if the group of you held hands with each other and form a circle around me. Those at the back have to get into the abyss at the same time as everybody else.

Marga points out four spots around her as she says this.

Stay as close to me as you can without actually touching me and no, touching me will not help me keep track of where you are, it will only distract me because either way, I have to keep track of you. So hands off.

Marga says, a slight smile to Rognan. As the others get into place around her, she closes her eyes and opens herself to the Force, locating each party member through the Force, including herself. After she's satisfied that everybody is in place, since it's obvious that she's taken charge for now, she gives the instructions for them to make the jump into the abyss.

As the group of them are plummeting, she's using her air currents to keep the whole group falling at the same level, so those that are heavy are not falling faster then everybody else.

One minute, then five minutes, then ten minutes. At that point, she starts using the air currents to slow them down so that when they are nearing the fifteen minute mark, and only a couple meters off the ground now, she slips into her memories, losing her grip on everybody in the group and the plummet the last 2.5 meters to the ground where the hit jars her back to reality.

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2005, 01:00:40 AM
Rognan was clam during the fall. Even though he was not sure all that Marga could do with this talent of hers, he was sure that she would pull through in the end. During the fall, he stretched himself out to her, giving his reasurrance and strength to keep going. It was quite a shock that he, and everyone else, was suddenly falling faster. He looked to Marga to see what was happening and saw that she was not with them for the moment.

Reaching out with the Force, he could feel the floor coming up fast. The fall would surely hurt them, not greatly, but enough that could make them slower then they needed. Thinking quickly, he grabbed everyone with the Force, and with telekinesis, slowed their cedent down by moving them in the other direction. The only problem was that he was not able to slow himself down at all. He would fall, and then so would everyone else the rest of the way. But they would hit the ground softer then he would. Bracing himself, he closed his eyes and consitrated on help the others.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:29:12 AM
Shanaria noticed that Rognan was doing after Marga's grip on them let loose and also noticed that Rognan was not slowing himself, likely because he couldn't. So shanaria reacted, and just before Rognan hit ground Shanaria grabed him with the force and stoped him in mid air maybe a foot off the floor, and letting him go once she hits the bottom.

Shanaria looks around at the others, and lotices that every body is safe.

"Well the landing was a little rough but at least it looks like nobody is hurt. Is anybody hurt?"

Leten Snat
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:59:47 PM
"I'm fine" Leten says as he looks around at the others after they are on the ground again. The floor is still littered with the bones of the 30 some odd thugs that fell down here with him. Most of the bones are broken, as they have been crunched by the ghouls that enhabit the floor.

Leten's eyes adapt to the darkness of this depth quickly since he had been living here for the last 3 years. it also helps that he knows what to look for in the force to identify hazards down here. Looking around the bottom of the Abyss he notices that the Granet slugs have moved in to finnish off the bones.

"Be careful Everybody, we have slugs at the exit we are going to need to use. I know I can jump them, but remember, it doesn't take them long to kill a person. I could find a way around the slugs but that could take a long time to get there. "

Natia Telcontar
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:05:22 AM
*Natia goes over to Marga to see if she's alright. After seeing that she's alright, she helps Marga to her feet and looks at the others*

Remember, we need to stay together as best we can. At least line of sight. Sorry Leten but you can't go to far ahead of us because our eyes aren't the greatest at seeing down here right now.

Rognan Dar
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:49:41 PM
"Right. So lets not waste any time now. We can talk on the way there if needed. Leten, you lead, girls follow along and I'll take up the rear. Lets go!"

Rognan did not want to sound bossy, but time was short and he wanted to get everyone going and get a feeling of going so that they might push themselves enough to get there sooner.

Marga Alton
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:19:05 AM
Marga takes a couple of deep breaths and nods to everybody else.

We can help each other over the granite slugs and that obsitacle will be passed.

Marga motions for Leten to take the lead as Rognan suggested.

Leten Snat
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:26:30 PM
Leten nods and goes to jump the grannet slugs at one of the entrances, by grabing a beam in mid jump and swinging himself to the other side he then steps back and waits for the others.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:28:13 PM
Shanaria follows suit but it looks like She is not going to make it all the way across, but she is in mid air and there is really not much she can do at this point.

Natia Telcontar
Feb 1st, 2005, 11:04:14 AM
*Natia watches as Leten jumps over the granite slugs, happy that he made it over safely. Then Shanaria goes, a frown crosses her face as she goes to use the Force to propell Shanaria over the rest of the granite slugs. She then looks up at the beam that Leten grabbed onto before she backs up a couple steps before she sprints forward, using the Force to help her jump up at the beam which she manages to grab the beamwith one hand. She gets her other hand onto the beam before she starts to swing, getting enough momentem going that when she lets go, she lands on the other side of the granite slugs then where she started. As she lands, her legs buckle out from underneath her. Wincing slightly she pushes herself to her feet to move out of the way for others.

Marga Alton
Feb 1st, 2005, 11:56:22 AM
Marga waits until Natia's moved away a bit before she smiles at Rognan, deciding to make things easier for Rognan. She walks over to Rognan and wraps her arms around him as she opens herself to the Force. She then goes to use the Force to use the air currents to pick herself and Rognan up and then she moves the two of them over the granite slugs and sets them down gently on the other side with everybody else.

Rognan Dar
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:35:42 PM
Rognan did not resist when Marga floughted the both of them over the slugs. Though, at first he did not know what she had in mind, it later proved to be a good idea.

"Lead the way Leten. I things go slow, I'll pick up the pace."

Leten Snat
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:29:31 PM
Leten nods and goes to head off down the hallway, Till the hallway ends at another hole that goes down the last two floors to the ground. This hole is not clear. Their are beams and fallen dibris blocking the hole all the way down. Leten jumps down to the first beam, only 5 feet down, and runs along it for 3 strides, then rolls along the beam just long enough to get under another beam, then swings down to the next floor down and waits for the others.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:34:55 PM
Shanaria was the next to follow Leten, very greatful for Natia's help over the slugs. As she goes off after Leten She goes to see if Natia would like her help in keeping up.

"Hey Natia, You going to be okay?" She says just as they reach the hole and watch What Leten does. "Do you think that you will be able to do that?" She says with a tone of Skock that Leten was able to do that.

Natia Telcontar
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:09:22 PM
*Natia silently accepts Shanaria's help*

I'll be ok, and yes, I'll be able to do a variation of what Leten did, though probably no where near as graceful. Just be ready to catch me if I fall.

*Natia gently lowers herself down the hole to the first beam which she walks along the beam before she drops herself to her stomache, greatful for the Force. She then pulls herself along the beam before she swings off of the beam and down onto the floor below, moving off to the side so others can come*

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:40:52 PM
Rognan went next, helping Marga as he went. This was not all that difficult. Yet, it was going to take them forever if they stopped to ask if eachother could do things. They just needed to do what needed to be done and move on.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:29:31 PM
Shanaria was next, she followed pritty much the same way Natia followed.

Marga Alton
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:13:34 PM
Marga, with Rognan's help manages to get down to the floor below.

Leten Snat
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:10:08 PM
Leten then, after everybody is down, goes to head off at a jog along the hall. About five minutes into the jog Leten stops for a moment, and draws his lightsaber, quickly activating it, and jabbing it into an open set of jaws that shows itself in the light of his saber. The attacking ghoul quickly falls limp and dead. It's clear that Leten has delt with them before.

He then turns off his saber and continues his jog for another 15 minutes, where he turns around a junk pile and stops. On the other side of the junk pile is a vast section of the level filled with Street people Chained to the masive suport pillers of the levels above them. Every one of them has ether a sledge hammer and a spike, or a vibropick, and are working away at weaking the pillers. There are count less Thugs with blasters making sure that the street people don't spoil their work, and even though he can not be seen from this distance, in the middle of the work area was Rivin, overseeing the work at hand.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:17:24 PM
Shanaria was not far behind Leten, only because Leten was not moving as fast as he could. She was doing her best to try and help Natia keep up, knowing that Natia would likey not want Leten to leave her sight. When Leten's light saber comes on Shanaria stops and reaches for hers but sees that the trouble is delt with before she could even activate her saber, she then quietly puts her saber away and goes to follow Leten the rest of the way to the work camp. When she gets there She dosen't know what to say, but a slight hint of anger can be detected from Shanaria, anger at the lenght of time that this must have been going on, Angry at herself for not sencing it sooner, and angry at the Idea that this man is intending to throw away so many lives at a whim.

Rognan Dar
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:14:58 AM
Once they reach their destination, Rognan moves up to crouch next to Leten. He watches for a moment what is going on, getting a idea of how many thugs there are, and where all their attention is at. There was a vast open area from where they hid to the group of people, circled by the thugs.

"This is it, huh?" He said in a hushed tone. "What is it, now, that you plan on doing? Just running forward and take them head on?"

Leten Snat
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:13:26 PM
Leten takes a moment to look out at the situation, at the 1500 street people being forced to work to their deaths by the 400 some odd thugs, before he replys to Rognan, in a quiet tone.

"I really didn't have a plan past this point. I know I can hide myself with my illusions. I know I could likely take out 5-15 thugs before they find me. But after that I know I would be swanped with blaster bolts, and I really am not THAT good at blocking them with my lightsaber. I do know that we need to ether free the slaves and/or destroy his explosives cashie. It looks like they already have one piller wired with explosives, and are in the process of wireing two more. The still have at least 5 more pillers to weaken and wire before the damage would be enough to cascade to the surface."

Leten looks through th makeshift bag that he made to replace his backpack.

"I have one damaged flash grenade that might work, and this might be helpfull. Even if it doesn't work It may get people to scatter when they see a person throwing it at them. I also have a small sonic pulse emitter that I salvaged off a broken tunnling droid I found. It makes a lot of noise and can damage a persons hearing for a short while. It only has enough power to last for 30 seconds.

I also have my lightsaber, and a bunch on good quality chunks of metal, a broken vibroblade, and a half full blaster back. I'm open for subjestions. It looks like we still have some time before things really start to get messy down here. At th least we can do is let the group of us let out eyes get use to the darkness, and the light of the work lamps they have in their camp."

That's when Leten gets an idea. A smile springs to his face.

"Does anybody here think they can take out those work lamps? We have the force on our side, and most of those thugs don't. Once the lamps are out, as long as we don't use lightsabrs me can quietly dispach the thugs with out many people figuring it out untill they get out their flashlights. Even then they would need the light pointing at us to in order to shot us, and even then they may mistake some of their own as attackers."

Natia Telcontar
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:09:04 PM
*Natia remains silent as she obverves what is going on*

Leten, do you know if the work lamps are seperate units with their own power, or if there is a generator which powers them. If it's a genorater I could get over to it and take it out.

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2005, 12:31:10 AM
"No, you could not get to it and take it out. Not if you didn't want to get seen. Anything they have set up will not be put in a place where it could be easily taken out. I'm sure it is closer to them then we are, and have a few people guarding it incase one of the locals was trying to play hero.

Your plan, Leten, has many flaws. You think that just because they can not directly see us that they can not shoot at us? Out of the four hundred that you say there might be, not one of them might get a light on us? Once one does, he'll shoot, and then his buddy will shoot, and then the whole place will be lit up like a christmas tree that there will be no darkness at all. With so many people firing random shots, we would be in as much trouble as their own guys. Not to even mention all the inicent people that will be mowed down because they think they are attacking them. It will be a slaughter, and in the end, they will win. We would be forced to pull out our lightsabers to protect outselfs, which would point us out. I dont know about you, but I can't block a hundred shots. There is to many of them for a less then a handful of half trained Jedi. We are in way over our heads."

Leten Snat
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:10:03 PM
"I was afrade you might say that. But weather or not we are over our heads, we still need to do this. I know my plan was not that great, but at least it would be better than nothing. If you have any other ideas I'm open for subjestions."

Leten hangs his head slightly.

"The lamps have independent power supplies. So I guess that may causes problems. If there was a way we could free some of thos street people, and convince them to fight with us, that could help."

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:43:30 PM
Rognan was shocked to hear of Letens' new plan.

"The street people? You want to send others off to die for something that they can not win? And why did you not tell us, any of us, that you knew there was to many of them for us to take on? You have led us all down here, willing to risk our lives, for something that you knew would get people killed?"

Before Leten could jump in and put his opisition across, Rog held up a hand and continued.

"I know what your going to say. Your going to say: But if we dont do anything then people are doing to die anyways. And your right, others are going to die. There are thousands of people dieing right now. And a battle against impossible odds is not a act of courage. Nor will it accomplish anything. And to top off everything...Rivin is still here. Even if we did get the lights out, he could still sense us and take each of us down one by one."

Leten Snat
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:46:41 AM
"Look, They know that they will die if this continues. They know that Millions will die as he sends almost a thousand floors, over a few Km raduis of the city crashing down to the ground levels. Most of these people have nothing to live for, most of these people are dead to the rest of the world, and would jump at the chance to show the rest of the planet that they are people and they are here. I wouldn't expect any of them to fight with us, but I do know that these people know these levels as well as the I do, and that the Thugs don't

If we could free some of them, they may be willing to grab the explosives near their piller and run off leading a number of the thugs in to a Granet Slug nest or something like that. I can sneek in and free some of them if it would help, but I can't be sure that I can get back out.

Rivin is a problem, and one that we will have to deal with. I'm not saying that we have to do the plans that I'm subjesting, But at least I am making plans. I just know that we have to stop what's going on here. If I have to I will try alone, but I know that I will not live through that, and I'm sorry for bringing you all down here when the odds were so bad, but I needed help and the group of you are the best I could do with short notice. Truthfuly we could be far worse off.

Marga is good with the enviroment around her, a very powerful talent expecialy if used well. Natia is good with animals and hiding in shadows, I don't know if She is good enough to effect the minds of the Ghouls, and I wouldn't want her to get close enough to try, but most of this floor is shadows. I have my illusions, though I can only really effect myself with them, and I know the battlefeild and the people down here. Shanaria Is talented with effecting minds of others, witch there are many minds to effect down here. And then there is you Rognan, which I don't really know what your good at, but I do know that you have much practice fighting Rivin, and that he respects you as a worthy opponet. We all have lightsabers and know how to use them, and we have more brains than the common thug. I say we have many things working on our side."

Marga Alton
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:55:51 AM
Leten, do not assume all of us have lightsabers and know how to use them. I don't have one and I don't have training with one, though I can use what I know to help us. If nothing else it will keep some of the Thugs away from us.

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:04:33 PM
Rivin was down on sight, checking on the progress of his project, when he noticed a slight disturbance in the force. It was at the far side of the camp. it felt to him like there was other force users down here. But they were still far from causing trouble. He will keep an eye on that area, but not do anything yet.

Leten Snat
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:09:11 PM
Leten nods to Marga.

"I'm sorry for making that assumption, I really didn't know if you had or not. But either way your help is very much welcome and required."

Rognan Dar
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:39:23 AM
"Marga is right. Not all have and can use lightsabers. But how well can the rest of you use one? Leten, is that fact that there is a mass of thugs out there that doesn't click inside your head? If the people knew that they were already dead, and that others were going to die from their work...why do they, then, work for Rivin? If they were to die today, then why be the ones to bring about even more death? Yes, I'm sure that you can get them to help you. But they are unarmed, and unprepared to take on so many.

Not all hired help are retarded. Yes, most of them are just muscle, but there is surely enough brains in that bunch to cause the rest of the group to be deadly. We would have to get all the street people to help in order to take on all the thugs. And even then it would be a mass slaughter. If you could draw thugs into some tunnels and stage a ambush, it still wouldn't be enough, and might be to costly to try such a thing. I'm sure that they will not care to much if a few people get away. As it looks....they are almost done, and dont need all of them."

Leten Snat
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:46:33 AM
"It's not the people that they would be after. It would be the explosives. Apparently they only have one truck full, plus one extra crate. From what I've heard and seen a raid on an explosives factory went wrong and that is all they could get. Also from what I've heard, the power of the explosives is not a good as they were wanting and they need all they can get. The reason they work is because if they do not they will be killed, and more people will be taken to fill their place. They work because they want their life to be longer than a few seconds more. They work because they have no hope.

Clearly you are not liking the potental plans I'm making so why don't you give some Ideas. I don't care about the odds, I don't care about what hs to be done. This needs to be stoped no matter what the cost is."

Rognan Dar
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:42:20 AM
"What if the cost is more then your willing to pay? Sure, you'd give you life to stop this. But are you willing to offer someone elses? And even if we all are willing to die for this, and even some of the street people are, what if we all die and solve nothing? Then lives will be lost, not to mention all that is going to happen after those bombs go off.

But yes, we need to do something. What we need is a small army to take out those thugs. Not even with ten more Jedi could we defeat all of them."

Leten Snat
Mar 17th, 2005, 04:06:49 PM
"But we don't need to defeat them all. We only need to stop what they are doing. And the only way we will solve nothing is if we get cut down before we can do anything. If we can even go down with enough of them then we will at least slow them down, giving others a chance to stop them. Also you may have noticed that yes there are 400 thugs here, but they are spread out over a 2 km squared area. This is not hope less, all we nead is a plan of attack!

As for the price I am willing to pay, how much do you think 15 million lives or more would be worth? If it makes any diffrence to you, if my calculations are correct, a good chunk of the GJO will likely fall into the darkness of the lower levels if this is aloud to happen. What would you be willing to do in order to save Vista That fate? What would you do to stop Rivin from hurting all your friends, and millions of others that you do not even know? This is not only street people we are talking about, this is also the GJO, the senate, 3 space ports, countless resdental both upper and lower class, and who know how much industral and shoping areas. Truthfully if we die saving all those people, then it will be worth the price."

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 17th, 2005, 04:27:16 PM
Shanaria had been intently listening to the conversation between Rognan and Leten, and deep down knew that Leten was right, We have to do this at any cost. But she also knew that Rognan was also right, This will not be easy.

"If it will help, I could try and make a number of the thugs shoot each other. if I could just start some in fighting, make them think they heard something nasty from the thug next to them, it may cause enough confusion that we could get some of those street people free, and maybe get rid of a few boxes of explosives. we may also be able to lure a number of thugs off into the halls away from the others, by making them think they hear something, knock them out and take their weapons so we can give them to the street people."

Shanaria knew that it was a long shot idea, but at least it was not only Leten coming up with ideas.

Rognan Dar
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:01:55 AM
Rognan sighed heavily. He was not getting through to this boy. He understood his argument fully well. That was not the issue, though.

"You are right, Leten. I would do all I can to stop this from happening. And I never said that I wouldn't. But a few wrong choices have been made, and who is to say all that are going to suffer for it. They may all be spread out, but how long is it going to take them from noticing something - anything - that would then set the rest of them out to find us.

Shan, good idea, bad place for it. Remember, Rivin is here, too. If something like that started to happen, he would be quick to solve the problem, if not find its source.

What we needed was a plan of attack, or rescue, before we had no choice but to go head on. We needed more then just lighrsabers and a few tricks. If you knew the range, or at lest the target, of this attack, then we not say so in the first place? We might have been able to get more people to come, if not just better arms to do such a feat. Do you also know, for a fact, that when this thing goes off that it will do such damage to all those places you mentioned? The lower levels are not all that stable, but then again, it might collapse in such a way that it will not do as much damage as planned."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:26:53 PM
"Look I think I'm doing rather well for a 16 year old kid with only street combat, and Hit and fade Combat Experence. I'm doing the best I can on the short amount Of time that I've had. And the damage I mentioned was only the worse case, but since it is planned by a Sith I wouldn't discount The Worse case as anything but a reality."

Rena D'sor
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:27:43 PM
At this point some movement can be heard in the darkness then a droid's voice say...

"Question: Are these the Organics we are here to Kill Master? Oh Please say they are!" as The droid, holding an asult rifle and a Human Female armed with two blaster pistols and a belt full of grenades step into view. Rena speeks up shortly there after.

"Hold up there Triger, I think these people are here for the same reason we are." She looks towards Rognan with a smile as she continues. "I've worked with one of them before."

Rena takes a few more steps forwards. As she walks towards them people may notice that she walks with a limp, or more so a stifness in her right leg.

"It's good to see you again. I'm glad that you managed to get out of Talzen's base alive. The angels only know how I lived through it. I'd like you to meet my new fighting partner. HK-26 he calls himself, but I just call him Triger, because he is kinda Triger happy. I found him in a garbage pile on floor 15 about a year and a half ago and fixed him up."

Rognan Dar
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:20:12 PM
Rognan was about to reply right back to Leten when he heard the sound of feet behind him. He tightened his grip on his saber as he turned around to face whoever it was that had snuck up on them.

To his surprise, and great delight, it was not hostile, except for the droid. He moved away from his hidding spot, making sure to stay out of sight, and moved to greet Rena.

"Its good to see you, too. I feared the worse had happened, and couldn't find anything about you. At lest your alive. And seem to have gotten here at just the right time, too." He said, stealing a look over his shoulder. "But I still dont see how two more people are going to stop this. Which I assume is why your here. How did you find out about this, let alone get down here?"

Natia Telcontar
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:11:40 AM
*Natia takes a deep breath before she starts to speak*

Ok, Marga, you're going to have to use your weather control down here. Let it all loose. Leten, you use your illussions, it'll be your biggest allie down here right now. Rognan, you're the most experienced, you try and keep Rivin away from us. Shanaria, you work with Leten on getting the street ppl free and get the explosives out of here. Rena, you and Triger give us cover fire. Our main concern is to get the explosives out of here and then get ourselves out of here.

Rivin will probably try and stop us so use whatever we've got to succeed at what we are doing. Rognan, you can play catch up later because if we play catch up now, we're going to be found.

We just need to get the explosives out of here.

Rena D'sor
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:29:54 AM
"Me and Trigger were going to try and stop it on our own. And neather of us were intening to try and get out of this alive. I found out about it a month ago from one of my old friends that I use to work with when I was with Talzen. I've been making my way down here since.

Trigger here is a crack shot with a blaster. I was going to Have him shoot the Boxes of explosives from a distance, detonating them before they are placed. Sure a few street Vermin would die from the explosions but so would a wack load of Thugs. I was then going to go in with trigger guns blazing till ether they are all dead or we are.

But With a hand full of jedi plus us I think the situation has greatly improved."

Rena Glances at Natia

"So who is this Kid? And what makes her think that I would follow her instructions?"

Rena Faces Natia

"If we are found then that will be good for us. I would much rather fight in dark halls then in a place where they could get all around us."

Leten Snat
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:42:45 AM
Leten keep his mouth shut as rena refers to the hostages as Street Vermin, though his hand falls to his saber and his Eyes narrow as Rena.

Leten Does nod to Natia to let her know that he understands her plan.

Rognan Dar
Apr 23rd, 2005, 11:22:45 PM
"Wait, hold on you two. The last thing we need is for all of us to be dead before we even do anything. I am not about to let all of you to go out there to get yourselves killed. If you have noticed, these thugs are not jsut carring clubs and sticks. Even with all of our skills and abilities put together, its not going to be enough to take them out. Not in the way they are spread out so much."

Things were heating up, and Rog didn't want to be the one, if he survived, to tell the council that a few padawans went to the slaughter. But he was starting to get despirate now. And so he made a equally despirate move.

"I'll go out. Alone. I'll challenge Rivin to a dual; winner takes all. I know he hates me, and that he might even do such a thing. But I know that, even if does lose and still has some breath, he is still going to try and blow the place up. But if I lose...then you guys can come in and do whatever you can."

He waited for everyone to say their minds on the matter. It was not the prettiest proposal, but it might just give them the edge they would need in the end.

Shanaria Fabool
Apr 24th, 2005, 01:35:14 AM
Shanaria got a questioning look on her face.

"Now that we have people with blasters, can't they just shoot as many crates of explosives as they can? Then they at least will not have the power to bring down all these pillers. And if we stay in the halls here and provide lightsaber cover for those with the blasters, then we could have them shoot them down. They would have to come to us, and ether way you would still have to face Rivin. At least then we could withdraw into the darkness if we got too overwhelmed, and we still wouldn't be in the open."

Shanaria puts a hand on Rognan's shoulder

"We don't need our most skilled Jedi on the team sending himself out to die. This can be done. I've heard of people pull of worst than this.

If we trust in the force, Trust in each other, Trust in the enviroment around us, and Trust in the force, We can do this. Nobody will have to face that alone if we work together. We all know what has to be done so why don't we let the explosives get blown up by our sniper droid and let the force guide us the rest of the way."

Rognan Dar
Apr 24th, 2005, 08:51:29 PM
"Just blow up the explosives? Just because they might not be placed around the right target, if they all go off in one spot, they can still cause a great deal of damage everywhere. Not to mention all the other people that could be within range when it goes off.

And how long will we last, after we do that? How are we going to get out of here. I dont know if you noticed, but we were falling for quite a while to get down here. If there was a safer way down, I would have hoped someone would have said so. Falling is not what I think to be the best way to get somewhere. We could easily run out of ammo and then there is the lucky shots that could get through. Just because you have a lightsaber, that doesn't mean you can't be shot.

What I was planning with the challange is that I would distract, not only Rivin, but the rest of the thugs. They would all want to watch. Then, and only then, the rest of you could sneak in and around and take them all out from behind; freeing as many civilians as you go and also disarming the explosives."

Leten Snat
May 9th, 2005, 03:58:35 PM
"The Explosives are not all in one place, yes people will get hurt and damage will be done. And we may not be able to get out of here but I know that I know the way back up, and I know I can lead people out of here safely.

Your duel Idea might work, but it would meen that we would be banking on the fact that the guards would be allowed to stop working, and that Rivin has some honor, and will not just have all his men attack you. If that happen then we are out of our most skilled jedi. I can't let that happen.

Also the more we stand here and talk the more work they get done and I'm not liking it so since all of you just want to talk, I guess I'll just have to go in on my own. A situation like this can not be planed for, so we just have to take it as things come."

With that Leten activates his illusion, making himself look like a corodor ghoul and charges towards a group of thugs near some explosives , and street people. The thugs will know that their pistols that they have would do nothing to a Ghoul and would likely dive out of the way and run for the bigger guns, or just hide.

Leten make a direct run for the chained street people, getting his lightsaber ready so that when he gets there he can drop the illusion and cut the chains.

Thug
May 9th, 2005, 04:05:18 PM
The small group of thugs look up from there work to see a Ghoul charging at them. and just as Leten predicted, they all scattered, and only two of them were looking for the bigger guns, the rest were just running.

a few other thugs near by look over towards the comotion, but most of them choose to do nothing, it is only the street people that are going to get eaten, so there is really no big loss. a few others start to approch the area moving to protect the explosives from the ghoul.

Shanaria Fabool
May 9th, 2005, 04:15:54 PM
Shanaria was about to try and stop Leten from going in alone but it was too late, Leten had already sprung into action, and if he gets himself killed then they don't have a guide to get them back to the GJO. So Shanaria doesn't have time to think. She opens her mind to the mind's of the thugs going for the bigger weapons and makes them think that the guns are baddly damaged and not usable.

She then goes to use the force to quickly pull out the power packs of the blaster pistols that are in the hands of 4 of the thugs that are going to protect the explosives, and quietly slids the packs out of sight.

Rena D'sor
May 9th, 2005, 04:25:17 PM
Rena looks up at Leten and was also about to say something to him but he runs off before she can talk.

"Stupid Kid...Rognan, you really need better control over the children."

she then looks over at her droid.

"Trigger, go off to the left flank of our position and lock and load, open fire when you start seeing other blasters start to fire towards the thugs."

Rena looks at the others and says.

"It look like the kid as going after the street rats, and he will likely try to to make it to the shadows with them. I'm going off to our right side so that I can give him some blaster cover durring his retreat."

With that Rena goes to the Right flank and trugger moves off to the left flank.

Dark Lord Rivin
May 9th, 2005, 04:35:50 PM
Rivin had been wondering when they would make their first move, and it looks like it was the Snat kid that was leading the charge. It was a pitty really, Rivin was hoping that Mr. Dar was going to be the point man so that he could just have his men mow him down before he could do anything towards him. Dar is the only one that Rivin was really worried about, the rest were just children that even his thugs could likely deal with.

Once his men got the assualt rifles the kid would not have much longer to live. But then Rivin noticed something, the men that just picked up the assualt rifles were cursing something and tossing them into the grinding machine they were using to despose of the duracrete the street people were chipping off the pillers.

those stupid weak minded fools! Rivin thinks to himself

"It is so hard to find good help these days." he says with a sigh as he starts to walk towards the trouble that the jedi were starting to cause.

Natia Telcontar
May 9th, 2005, 09:02:38 PM
*Natia mumbles to herself 'Stupid kid' at the same time as Rena when Leten runs off. She then uses the Force to pull the shadows around her, hiding her from sight as she unhooks her lightsaber and moves out from the cover towards a small group of thugs. They need to do something or they will be able to do nothing*

Rognan Dar
May 10th, 2005, 03:37:18 PM
Rognan was about to rebuke Leten when he just jumps up and runs out. He was going to stop him by pinning him to the ground with the Force, but thought better of it. Foolish. Brave, maybe, but rash and hot headed.

And then, one by one, the others started to make their way out. Taking a deep breath he turns to Marga and places a long metal object in her hand.

"You may not be able to use this well, but it can still save your life if you happen to need it. I dont want you to expose yourself unless needed, ok?'

What he placed in her hand was his own lightsaber. He squeezed her and and bent over to kiss her before standing up and going out as well.

What he saw as he went was the start of a battle that was going to end badly no matter how it ended. There was way to many thugs out and about to take out. The only good thing was that they were dispursed, instead of all together and fight each Jedi one at a time.

As ran forward a lone figure caught his eye. That person was none other then Rivin. This was starting to get into a bad habbit for him. He, no matter what he does, always seems to find himself fighting against Rivin. Maybe it was just his bad luck. But if any victory was to be claimed, it would have to start with Rivin being excused from the picture.

Picking up speed, he darted for Rivin and called, "Rivin!" He then sent a cloud of dust from the floor to fly into his face. He was now sure that he had is full and complete attention. Now the rest could do what they had to.

Marga Alton
May 10th, 2005, 04:27:40 PM
Marga takes Rognan's lightsaber when it's pressed into her hand, though she does have a worried expression on her face as she does. When he kisses her, she kisses him back and whispers.

"May the Force be with you Rognan."

Marga then takes a deep breath before settling herself comfortably on the ground, half closes her eyes and starts to use the Force to start making it really windy. She admits that it will make her side work harder, but it will also hamper the Thugs and hopefully Rivin.

Leten Snat
May 11th, 2005, 12:11:45 PM
The wind down here picked up rather quickly, which was odd since the only place he knew of down here that had wind was the Abyss, but it didn't matter, even though Leten did stumble due to the wind, he quickly makes a few changes in his running. The street people that he was running towards were starting to panic, and that was not good, so Leten though it best to bring his illusion down a little early.

Once it is down Leten quickly activates his lightsaber, continuing to sence for incomming blaster bolts, that were very likely to start flying soon, Leten slashes at the chain that looped around the piller and through all the street people's leg shakles at that piller.

He quickly starts to slice the shakles at their legs and telling them to run to the shadows. He doesn't get many shackles cut before the blaster bolts start to fly. But at least the ones with the shackles still are not attached to the piller and can still make their way to the shadows, which is exactly what they are doing.

Shanaria Fabool
May 11th, 2005, 12:22:34 PM
Shanaria was keeping herself back with Marga and remaining hidden as much as she could with still being able to see what she was doing. She dips into the minds of a few more thugs to make them think that Rivin was ordering them to guard the explosives near where Leten is. Soon those street people will be out of the blast and they can deal with the explosives taking out the 15 thugs that were now ether there or on their way over there. Hopefuly the Jedi in the area would sence the blast coming and find some cover and hopefuly Rena would see the oportunity and take it.

Shanaria quickly goes to locate the other assualt rifles within her sight, and with the use of the force she sends them flying into the chippers nearest to them, except for 3 of them which she sends flying into the shadows near Rena and the fleeing street people.

Rena D'sor
May 11th, 2005, 12:56:01 PM
Rena had gotten herself into position and started to shoot at the near by thugs with both her blaster pistols, after leten had set free the first group of street people. she was aiming as the thugs that were not near the explosives since she was not wanting to set them off yet.

As the first few street people make their way into he shadows she notices that there are 15 thugs clustered near the explosives closest to Leten. the street people were out of the way and Rena had no doubt that Leten and Natia(Wherever she was) could escape the blast or find cover. It looked like Rognan was already out of the blast since he was charging at high speed towards Rivin, and Marga and Shanaria were already behind cover. So she sent a few scattered shots at the explosives and dived to the ground, only to find 3 assualt rifles sitting there. She calls out to some street people.

"Hey! Street Rats! do any of you know how to use a blaster with out killing yourselves?! I have a few assualt rifles over here I'm not using!"

Meanwhile Trigger was also in position and waiting for the action, and once the blaster fire starts to fly Trigger open fires with 10 chest shots with his assualt rifle, to ten diffrent thugs that were going for their weapons.

Dark Lord Rivin
May 11th, 2005, 01:07:47 PM
Rivin was making his way towards the fighting when he saw Rognan bolting towards him. So he started to walk in that direction since it was still near the trouble. He draws his lightsabers and gest himself ready for a fight, since Rognan is closing fast. Then the puff of dirt flys up towards him,

come now you can do better than that

he thinks to himself as he uses the force to manuver the first layer of dirt to form a solid wall, but as he was just starting to form the wall, hurrcain force winds hit the dirt and him, filling his face and clothing with the dirt that Rognan disturbed, just as he was about to yell some orders to his thugs to shoot at Rognan, but intead his mouth was filled with dirt.

Rivin quickly goes to cough up the dirt, and use theforce to pull it from his eyes, and he will have his eyes and mouth clear of dirt before rogana reaches him as long as his dosen't speed up. but with a strong wind at rogana's back and him temporaly Out of Service, that likely hood is slim that he would not speed up.

Thug
May 11th, 2005, 01:51:34 PM
The thugs were running around in a state of confusion, supprise, shock or fear. Most of them were just muscle that was here to keep a bunch of streeters in line, and many of them had never seen combat before and had no Idea what to do. with the wind all of a sudden picking up, a few of them were stumbling over things and each other, and that was really not helping. all of this together causes 18 of the panicing thugs to run into the shadows for their lives.

As Rena starts to open fire 5 thugs fall down dead, 4 fall soon to be dead, and 7 take hits to the arms and/or legs causing them to fall to the ground and/or drop their weapons.

15 more thugs are killed by an explosion of a few boxes of the explosives, and 2 more are killed and 4 more are badlyinjured by the flying debris, caused by the explosion and excelerated by the winds.

Triger kills another 10 thugs, blowing chunks of thug guts all over the people near by.

One of the thugs go to try and catch one of the rifle flying towards the chipper, but instead of stoping the gun, the gun knocks him in to the chipper disposing of the gun and the thug.

10 thugs open fire with scattered fire towards Leten and the street people.

6 thugs start trying to shoot at Rognan, but due to the speed he is moving as only two shots hae even a chance to his. One shot flying at Rognan's left side of his lower back, the other shot towards his left butt cheek. all the other shots miss by a long shot killing another 2 thugs and hitting an arm on another 3 and a leg on another 2 thugs.

Total Counts:
Dead:35
Injured(Out of the fighting):12
Injured(Still able to fight):8
Fled combat:18

Rognan Dar
May 12th, 2005, 12:18:46 AM
Still charging forward, Rognan didn't make a move besides going strait. Blaster fire was all around him. Not all at him; the sound of it was echoing off the walls, making it hard to pinpoint by sound where they were all coming from. It didn't matter. There was to many thugs to be worrying about where it ws coming from.

Rivin was momentary stunned. A moment he could use to end the fight before it even started. Laser fire was still coming at him. A random shot could hit him at any time. He had one chance, one open moment to kill Rivin. He had no weapon in his hand, he realized, and his chance would be gone before he could do any thing about it.

Right before he got to Rivin, and right before the two blaster shots were about to hit him he lept up into the air right over Rivin. Twisting in the air he was still facing Rivin when he came down. But now, he had to blasters; one in each hand. He looked at Rivin for a moment before firing off a shot. The shot looked like it was going for Rivin, yet it was to far out to hit him. Instead, it took out the thug that was standing there. With a quick movement another thug went down from a arm wound. He continued taking out thugs with the blasters, knocking them out with shots to their arms and legs.