PDA

View Full Version : What can you do? (Natia)

Shade Magus
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:45:43 PM
Shade was in the training room, wearing a loose fitting outfit. He would need the room to move just as he had advised Natia of wearing something comfortable.

He moved through the steps of a simple warm up kata. It was used mainly for stetching and getting the blood flowing. Usually only beginners used it, but Shade found nothing wrong with basic warm ups. He looked over at the clock on the wall and hopped on his feet a few times. Natia would be here anyminute and as soon as she walked in the door her training would begin.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:12:01 PM
*Natia yawns as she gets herself up from bed, knowing she has only 5 minutes to get to her training on time. She's not worried though. She takes her time getting a shower and then getting dressed. She takes her time walking to the training room so she's about a half hour late getting there. She yawns onces more as she walks into the training room, looking for Shade*

Shade Magus
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:44:02 PM
Shade looks at the clock on the wall and then back to Natia. "You're late. Any excuse?"

Natia Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:58:18 PM
My alarm didn't go off.

*Natia says, quite truthfully actually since her alarm clock isn't in the room that she was in. It's in her room above Dexter's and she stayed at the GJO*

Shade Magus
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:13:07 PM
"Well...that we will have to remedy that," he said as he walked over to the table and picked up a bottle of water.

"Are you ready?"

Natia Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:16:01 PM
You don't have to.

*Natia replies*

And ready for what??

Shade Magus
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:22:44 PM
"For this," he replied as he calmly threw the bottle at Natia. Once it was out of his hand he jumped in the air and twisted, bringing his left leg around in a back kick.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:46:15 PM
*Natia catches the bottle in her hand as she uses the Force to grab Shade's leg in the middle of the kick and pushes it away from her*

Shade Magus
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:36:36 PM
Shade smiled as he twisted his body in a complete circle, ending with his left side facing her. "Very good. So you are keeping in touch with the Force."

He relaxed slightly and smiled as he turned to face her completely. "Today we'll begin your lessons on Force enhanced strength and if you progress quickly enough, we'll go into a few basics with lightsaber combat. Do you have any experience with these areas?"

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:00:01 PM
Of course I'm keeping in touch with the Force. I've had some experience with them, though not much.

Shade Magus
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:10:40 PM
"Good," Shade said pointing to a few wieghts. "Pick up as many of those as you can and hold them in the air for as long as you can."

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:13:35 PM
*Natia smiles as she nods her head*

No problem.

*Natia then looks at the weights, tilting her head slightly. She then uses the Force to pick up the weights and hover them over their holder*

Shade Magus
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:16:44 PM
Shade looked over to see how Natia was doing and his eyes widened and then he smiled. He hadn't told her how to pick them up and apparently she was taking that to her advantage.

"Ok...you want to lift things in the air like that? Put half of them down and pick them up with your hands while levitating the rest. Hold them until I get tired."

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:18:45 PM
*Natia looks at Shade and frowns slightly*

What's the point of that??

*Natia asks as she puts all the weights down*

Shade Magus
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:21:19 PM
"So that you will grow not only in physical and mental strength, but endurance as well. One day you will be a Jedi Knight and will have to use what you have learned to protect life around the galaxy. I would think that you would want to be your best...unless you already think you are?"

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:24:33 PM
I'll never the best that I can be because when I reach a certain level, I shall strive for the level above me and it will be an endless cycle. And one does not have to be a Jedi Knight to use what they have learned to protect life around the galaxy. I'm only a Padawan and I do what I can to protect life. It comes with being a Jedi, not the rank.

*Natia sits herself on the ground as she causes two of the weights to come to her with the Force. She takes one in each hand and she holds them*

Shade Magus
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:31:26 PM
"True...and it appears that you know a lot more than you let on sometimes."

Shade sat down in front of Natia and took two of the weights in his own hands.

"Ranks do not mean a thing. A person will gain no special power when the rank of Jedi Knight is bestowed upon them. I have seen Padawans that excel far beyond their Masters and vice versa. As for being the best, you are right. We all strive to be more than what we are, but that makes us the best for doing so. Those that are content with how they are will never realized their full potential and therefore go through life depending on others to give them breaks. We make our own. That is what sets us apart from others. Not the Force, but because we want to be better to help them. That is our way. It is the same thing with troops in a military or people that become part of an aid society. My job here is to prepare you for what is to come in your Jedi life and hope that you will one day take what I have taught you and pass it on so that you along with your Padawans will survive."

Natia Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:03:43 PM
*Natia's surprised when Shade takes the weights from her, but quickly hides the surprised look*

What do you expect from a person who had to raise themselves and was on their own since the age of 4. I'm still learning how to be a kid, not an adult.

Shade Magus
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:53:51 AM
Shade had to chuckle at this. "Even as much as this may not describe to your situation, do you not find it odd that when we are young we want nothing more than to be a grown up and when we are adults we want nothing more than to be children again?"

He quieted his chuckle and continued in a serious tone. "I am not trying to undermine your thoughts so don't get that impression. I admit I did not grow up having the same situations as you, but I do know how you feel about wanting to be a kid."

Shade put the wieghts down and stood up.

"Now you asked me to be your Master and I will do so, but I think some rules will have to be put forth. These aren't set in stone so feel free to tell me what you think. First...no more trashing my room. If you don't like a lesson, just let me know," he said with a wink and smile. "Second, I can not control you and I will not try to. I only ask that you leave a way for me to contact you at all times. Last, during these lessons, you must do as I ask you and trust that I know what I am talking about. What do you think about those?"

While he waited on Natia to answer he went over to the table and picked up a remote blaster and fiddled with it in his hands.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:03:54 AM
I don't understand why adults which to be young and carefree when they've already had the chance.

As for rules, I didn't trash your room.

*Natia's not about to admit to doing so, even though she knows for a fact that she did*

Second, I have left you a way to contact me and if you did try to control me, you'd be in trouble.

Third, I'll question your instructions anytime I feel the need to because I'm not about to do something for no reason unless I feel like it.

Shade Magus
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:56:27 PM
Shade sighed. He had a feeling it would end up like this, but he was prepared.

"If that is your opinion then fine. We'll try things your way and see how that turns out. When you are ready we will continue your lessons," Shade said as he stood up and walked over to the table and took a drink from another bottle of water.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:34:27 PM
I'm willing to continue on when ever you're ready.

Shade Magus
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:11:53 AM
"Fine then...next thing we'll start on are lightsaber skills. I'm assuming you know the basics?"

Natia Telcontar
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:16:04 PM
I've been learned the basics, yes.

Shade Magus
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:36:27 PM
"Very well then, I'll start your learning of a specific form. However you will have to choose which one that is. For right now you can choose between forms four, five, and six," he said holding out a datapad with the information on each form.

Form III is based on the laserblast deflection. When blasters became the most common weapon in the hand of evildoers, Jedi developed new means of defending themself. This form became a refined expression of their non-aggressive philosophy.

Form III uses tight, efficient moves, leaving no target areas exposed compared to other, more open forms of wielding a saber.
True form III masters are believed almost invincible. But as a side effect, this form isn't useful in attack.

This form is a developed by Jedi masters who found form III too passive. They turned the first only-defensive lightsaber moves into block and attack moves.
The form focusses on strength and lightsaber moves. It turns the deflecting of a blaster bolt into an attack, by deliberately sending it back to the opponent.
To many Jedi it represents the philosophy of "peace through superior firepower", and might seem a worthy discipline, prepared for any threath. Others think it is focussed on dominating other beings.

This form is a combination of form I, III, IV and V. Young Jedi spend their first years studying Form I and after that they learn the other forms in small periods. A true Form VI master studies at least ten years this form after completing the first one.

At the beginning of the Clone Wars, Form VI is the current standard for Jedi. It is the least intensive of all forms. It keeps the balance between true harmony and justice without resorting to the rule of power. It is seen as "the diplomat's form", because it allows Jedi to further develop their skills in perception, political strategy and negotiation.

Natia Telcontar
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:29:35 AM
Form V

*Natia says, a blank look on her face as she says this*

Shade Magus
Jan 18th, 2005, 07:55:04 PM
Shade nodded.

"Ok...I'll do my best, but be warned it isn't my best form. I lean more towards four and three, but I'm familiar with it," he said. Shade turned around and looked at the table once more before picking up a small remote droid.

"First thing first. You are going to have to open yourself up to the Force. Here is a small remote droid. In a minute I am going to release it in the air. It is programed to fire a small shot every ten seconds. The longer it goes on though, the faster it will start to fire shots. It has a small shield built in it so you won't destroy it if you deflect a shot at it."

He pushed a button and held it up ready to release it. "Until you get into your zone, just worry about not getting hit. Ready?"

Natia Telcontar
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:13:39 PM
*Natia nods her head slightly as she stands up, unhooking her lightsaber from her side and activates it, standing ready for the shots to come. She takes a deep breath as she lets herself open up to the Force*

Shade Magus
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:39:47 PM
Shade looked at the ball and made sure it was set correctly and released it. For a moment it sat there and then it shot up in the air and twisted and turned around Natia.

"Here it comes."

As he finished speaking, the ball twisted and let off a shot and then two more after that. One at her lower left calf, the other two at both her shoulders, the right one being fired at first.