PDA

View Full Version : The next step (Closed)

Zereth Lancer
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:33:00 PM
The only light came from a large ring of candles on the stone floor in the center of the small room. in the center of the ring sat a man. He called himself Zerth Lancer But his real name was a thing he knew not. Infront of him sat a cloth mat and on the mat where many mechanical peices. These peices where the components of a lightsabre. Zereth had been instructed by his Master to build a lightsabre

He carefuly connected peaces together. The candle light lit his face and reflected off the metal components. He read no book nor asked in the construction of a lightsabre. He was letting the force guide him in the nececary steps

The room had no windows so there was no visable image of the time that was passing other then the slow melting of the candles. Zereth worked on through day and night, withour sleep, without food. He just sat there. slowly putting peices together. The force was the only thing he needed

The candles where now only stubs and Zereth arose and quickly gathered more candles from a large chest that occupied a corned of the room. placed the new candles on the ground and set them ablaze. He returned to where he had been sitting and continued his work

There where times when he would sit there, motionless. He was awaiting further instructions from the force. sometimes he would sit for hours before getting the guidance he seeked

Zereth did not think about anything other then his work. He didn't give thought to his hunger or his weariness, He just kept working. Again he had to replace the candles. His red eyes where filled with the bright light of the candles

As Zereth neared completion, He reached into a small bag and pulled out a ruby colored gem. He carefuly inserted it into a section of the lightsabre. Red. The color of my blood, the color of my anger, the color that drives me, the color that will be made into my weapon

He continued on. His work was nearing completion. The third set of candles were nearing their end, when without a noice, Zereth rose from where he had been sitting for several days and nights.

Zereth Lancer
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:33:19 PM
In his hand he held the hilt he had just spent so long making. It was all black with a few small buttons on one side. He strectched his thumb and pressed the button. A long beam of bright red light appeared out of the emmiter on the top of the hilt

Zereth stared at the beam. It was the beautiful but deadly at the same time. He smiled while moved his arm around and watched the beam move through the air

"Now I have a sabre of my own. I won't be borrowing Je'gan's again" He deactived the lightsabre, bent down and stuffed out all the candles with his fingers. He cleaned up his mess and then pulled a cloak on and went to the door and left the room.