PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Remain Invisible (Tony Maxwell)

Cheyanne Rakai
Dec 29th, 2004, 10:13:56 PM
Cheyanne Rakai had done everything she had promised her boss, Tony Maxwell. She was a hard worker and not one shipment had been late, well except one and that was only because she had been rushed to the medical center after five months of pregnancy...and lost her child.

Things hadn't been the same after that, she hadn't even had the heart to tell her family and went through a deep depression that she was still trying to get out of.

To deal with everything, Cheyanne buried herself in her work and thought of little else, that was until she got the holo-message from her father, Jerib that Quay'Na was in bad shape and very possibly dying and she needed to come to Coruscant right away.

The young star pilot loved her sister dearly, but going to Coruscant and facing her family was something she didn't really want to endure, especially not being pregnant anymore.

Cheyanne landed her ship at Maxwell Industires docks and awaited the next load as she began to punch in her data to a datapad.

Tony Maxwell
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:13:36 PM
The comm unit in Cheyanne's ship crackled to life "Mr. Maxwell wishes to speak with you" Said Rachel, Tony's secratary "He is waiting in his office"

In his office Tony was looking out the wall size window that sat behind his desk. From here he could see in the distance the grassy frields of Naboo.

Business was going good. Maxwell Industries was among the top droid factories on this side of the galaxy. MI built everthing from protocol droids to battle droids and was preparing to release a new model of Battle droid The X7-JK Guardian droid. The model was based on the droid Tony had built during his time with the Jedi. The droid he named Ragnarok. The X7 wasn't close to as advance as Ragnarok but close.

Tony had gotten word that Quay'Na was in trouble health wise but he couldn't leave naboo on the brink of the release of the X7. But he really wanted to know why Cheyanne had not gone to see her sister. He also knew that Cheyanne had lost her child and he assumed that might be part of the reason

He let out a sigh and moved away from the window and sat down behind his desk.

Cheyanne Rakai
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:38:52 PM
For some strange reason, Cheyanne knew this was coming and bit her lip. "Advise him, I'll be there shortly." She said as she quickly finished up her report and placed it on the lounge table of her ship.

With a deep sigh, she exited her ship and was on her way to Tony's office suite. When she arrived Cheyanne was announced and taken in.

The young pilot's face held no expression as she stood before her boss. "You needed to speak with me, Sir?"

Tony Maxwell
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:11:11 PM
Tony looked up from his desk and motioned for her to take a seat in one of the chairs infront of the desk "I recently received word from corascant that your Quay'Na's heath has been declining of late and she has been hospitalized after giving birth to her child" He paused a moment to think of the right words "And I wonder why you have not gone to corascant to see her? I can arrange for another pilot to stand in for you if it is your work that keeps you from going..."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 1st, 2005, 06:28:37 PM
Cheyanne sat down and listened carefully to her boss. With mournful eyes, she replied. "It's not that I haven't wanted to go, it's just...I feel like I can't. I love my sister dearly and it hurts to know that she's in such grave danger...but, I've not told them of...losing my child and they need no more shocks than what they are already having."

She paused for a moment. "Quay needs them more right now, all I would be is a distraction."

Tony Maxwell
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:05:40 PM
Tony sat back in his chair "It be not any of my business really. But I've known Quay'Na and I think it would make a big difference to her and your family for you to be there. I would have been there already but I can't leave with the X7 about to be released."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:53:51 PM
"Maybe...I don't know. I might go..." Her comm unit vibrated at her hip. "Excuse me for a second."

Cheyanne stood and walked over to the door. "Yes?" She asked quietly.

"Cheyanne," It was Jerib, but he sounded strange, almost like he was straining to talk.

"Daddy..." she hadn't called him that in a very long time, but she knew what he was going to say, she could hear it in his voice.

"Sweetheart...Quay's gone."

Cheyanne felt as if she couldn't breath, her chest tightened and she dropped the comm.

Tony Maxwell
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:21:13 PM
Tony watched the comm fall the floor. He looked up at Cheyanne's face and saw the pain in her eyes. He knew what had happened... He could tell the look on Cheyanne's face that Quay'Na was either dead or dying. Tony got out of his chair and walked over to her and stood behind her "Its Quay isnt it?" He asked even though he knew already... but he didn't want to believe it... Quay had been a dear freind to him... one of the only people he knew during his time with the jedi. tears started to well up in his eyes.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:50:14 PM
All Cheyanne could do was nod as the tears came. She fell to her knees as the loss enveloped her in a cold shroud.

"No...no..." She cried, her heart felt like it was dying.

Tony Maxwell
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:45:09 PM
Tony kneeled down beside her and wrapped a arm around her shoulder "I'm sorry Cheyanne..." Was all he could get out at the moment. He used his free hand to wipe a tear off his face but it didn't help, the tears kept coming "Is there anything I can do?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:32:57 PM
Cheyanne turns and looks at Tony. His face is contorted with pain, just as much as hers.

"Hold me, Tony. Just hold me." She cries.

Tony Maxwell
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:28:27 PM
Tony wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. He wanted to say something but when he opened his mouth nothing came out. He just let the tears fall down his face.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:47:49 AM
Cheyanne wasn't for sure exactly how long they were there, but when her shock finally passed, it was as if she were standing at the edge of an abyss, wondering if she were going to plunge to the bottom or simply step back.

What had happened to all the good times, she had shared with her sister? They were all gone, it was done and over with and there was no going back. Not now, not ever.

Life would somehow find it's way back to Cheyanne, but it would take some time. First her child leaving her only months ago, now her sister.

The young woman held onto Tony and sighed as she wiped her eyes. "I need some time away, Tony." Her voice was solemn and filled with dread. "I need to return to Coruscant. My family and Quay's family will need me. It doesn't matter about my lost child. All that matters is to help a family heal."

Tony Maxwell
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:01:02 PM
Tony remembered fond memories with Quay. The best one was the first time they met. In the gardens of the Jedi Order. Tony had SilverWing, who was perched on his shoulder or flying through the air

The sound of Cheyanne speaking brought his back to reality "Alright. Your ship should be fueled up by now. I'll be able to find another pilot to take your shipments"

Tony wiped the tears from his face and got back up on his feet. He helped Cheyanne up aswell.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:14:46 PM
She sighed and wiped her eyes as he helped her up. "Thank you, Tony." Another tear rolled down her cheek.

Everything that meant anything to her had been taken away.

"If you need me, I'll be on Coruscant." Cheyanne said quietly as she refused to look him in the face. She turned before he could answer and headed for the door.

Tony Maxwell
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:17:56 PM
Tony stared after her. His eyes dropped to the ground and he just stood there for awhile. He finaly turned around and went back over to the large window and there he stayed for a long time. Just looking out the window thinking about the happy times him and Quay had shared

His secratary came in "Are you ok Mr. Maxwell?" She asked

"Yes, I fine."