PDA

View Full Version : Tossing and turning (Open)

Jacen
Dec 24th, 2004, 03:52:28 PM
"What are you talking about?" Jacen asked Robert. "They can't close you down or do anything to you. They are just local thugs, not the law or anything like that. They can't do anything but talk big and they know it."

"Jacen you don't need to worry about it. You are with the Jedi and have bigger things in your life now. Me and Betsy took care of ourselves a long time before you came along and I am sure we are quite able to do so now," the older man said if a grin. He shuffled some papers around on his desk. "But if you really want to be of some help you can help me find my sales records."

"You mean these?" He said as a he held up a small folder.

"Yes, now I got to finish running some numbers so why not go downstairs and I'm sure Betsy will fix you something to eat."

"No, that's ok. I have to go back to the Temple now anyways. I have some books I need to finish reading before I go returning them to the library. I'll be back sometime later this week."

"Alright now you go and have fun, and for heaven's sake stay out of trouble! We'll see you later," Robert said as he watched Jacen walk down the stairs to the lower level of his and his wife's cafe.

Jacen turned the last corner and saw a letter on the counter telling Robert that she had gone to the store and would be back later. He smiled and walked to the door and as he opened it an older woman came through with a load of groceries in her arms.

"Ahh...Jacen thank you. Looks like you can see in the future afterall. It's a wonder what you Jedi can do," she said with a smile as she handed him a bag to help her take a bag inside. He was about to tell her again for what seemed like the millionth time he couldn't see in the future, but instead just let a sigh out.

"I'd love to help you, but I have to get going. I got a lot of studying to do when I get back to the temple."

"Ohh alright, but come back down and visit us and I'll make you some food next time."

"It's a deal. See ya later," he said giving the old woman a hug and kiss on the cheek. He turned and walked out the door. As he closed the door behind him, he heard a small a scream down the alley a few meters away. Before he could move to see what was going on though, heat blasted on the back of his neck and he was thrown forward, past the alley. He landed roughly and slid a few feet.

"Wha..what was that?" He asked outloud as he struggled to his feet. His chest hurt and knew he had probably fractured a few ribs. Jacen turned around and all the color from his face drained. Where Betsy and Robert's cafe had stood, there was nothing but a blazing fire. People nearby rushed over to gaze and look. Before he had even moved, there was a crowd gathering.

The young Padawan moved forward to see if there was something he could do. To just make sure he was seeing things and his frends were ok, but as he passed the alley he had heard the screams coming out of. He saw a young girl holding a remote in one hand and blazing red lightsaber in the other. Around her were bodies. They were probably trying to stop her. I should have. I could have saved them! He thought as he started for her, but she saw him and Force pushed him away.

When he regained his balance she was gone, but he quickly forgot her as someone from the crowd started yelling that they had found a body. He rushed over and pushed everyone out of his way as some emergency droids came out carrying Robert's frail and burnt body.

"Robert! Robert! Please be ok," he said dropping to his knees and taking one of Robert's hands into his.

"Jacen...Jacen is that you?"

"Yes I'm here. Don't worry everything will be ok."

"Ja..Jacen...please take...ca...care....of......," the man whispered before passing on.

Jacen trembled as tears fell to his cheeks. He took a deep breath about to scream.

"NOOOO!"

Jacen shot up in his bed. His sweat covered body glistened in the light as he brought his hand up to his face to wipe his brow. What was that about? That's never happened before, he thought to himself as he threw his legs over the edge of his bed and put his face in his hands, some tears still flowing down.

Jacen
Dec 28th, 2004, 11:03:28 PM
The Padawan stood up and wiped his face. He walked over to his closet and pulled a shirt from inside it. He pulled it over his head and slipped on a pair on slippers as he walked out of his door. He looked around and shook his head there was no one here, but still he could not put his mind to ease. He walked over to a small balcony at the end of the hall he was on. It overlooked the Jedi gardens. He looked up and saw the stars of a thousand world mixing so gracefully with the lights of this world. It was a wonder that he could see the stars at all with this much light around him, but he was thankful he could.

The young Padawan reached out with the Force to calm himself. He pulled the warm flowing river of energy around him and smiled. He could feel the others in the Order. Most slept, but a few were awake and about for various reasons. He used the Force to pull the memory of his dream to the front of his mind as he analyzed it. There was nothing strange about the dream itself, but the feelings that came with it. Jacen shuddered even now remember the cold that overtook him as he awoke. It was frightening as he released the dream back into the depths of his subconcious. He looked up once more, questioning the stars this time. Looking for an answer. What does it mean? It couldn't be real could it? I mean not ever Jedi has the ability to see the future right?

Kieran Devaneaux
Dec 28th, 2004, 11:30:55 PM
"So it seems you are suffering my fate as well," a familiar voice said from the shadow of the hall.

Kieran Devaneaux stepped into what little light there was, his dark floor-length meditation robe waving as he strode. He seemed much more haunted-looking, ever since the revelation he received a month earlier. "You are seeing your past, not all at once, but in intervals that leave you wondering," he continued. "Except it comes to you in your dreams, rather than while you are awake."

Jacen
Dec 28th, 2004, 11:50:52 PM
Jacen smiled as he saw Kieran. He had not seen his fellow Padawan in a while and nodded in his direction. "Not exactly...this isn't the past I am seeing. And I hope not the future. If so...well..."

Jacen shuddered at the thought of his dreams being the future.

Kieran Devaneaux
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:00:21 AM
"Recent past, perhaps? Something that happened not too long ago?" Kieran inquired.

Jacen
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:19:55 AM
"No, because...well what I dreamed...it didn't happen. I dreamed some people died, but I know they aren't."

Kieran Devaneaux
Dec 29th, 2004, 01:09:11 AM
"Seeing what might come to pass. Interesting...." Kieran had some knowledge of clairvoyance. "Does the incident you saw give you any indication on how to avoid it?"

Jacen
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:58:25 PM
"I believe so, but it really doesn't matter since I don't know when it will happen."

Kieran Devaneaux
Dec 31st, 2004, 11:04:32 PM
"Then perhaps you should devote some time to finding out about your future, like I devote time to finding out my past," Kieran suggested calmly. "Except I hope it's less intense." Giving Jacen a clap on the shoulder, he smiled and said, "Just a thought," as he walked away.

Jacen
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:22:18 PM
"Thanks," he said over his shoulder as Kieran walked away. "I'll keep that in mind."

And I will...I'll talk to Rognan about it the next time I see him. He could have some adivce for me, he thought as he turned to go back to his own room.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:37:01 PM
Kieran stopped for a minute to watch Jacen leave. Shaking his head in bemused silence, he walked away.