PDA

View Full Version : Euro cracks $1.35

Dutchy
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:11:13 PM
These are good times for US DVD buyers. :p

JediBoricua
Dec 24th, 2004, 09:15:19 AM
THis sucks...I'm planning a month long trip to Europe this summer and if it keeps going like that I'm gonna have to skim a week or two off...:grumbling.

I know a weak dollar is good for US exports, but now that the economy seems to be rebounding the US can't risk having a weak currency anymore, specially with such a flamboyant deficit.

ReaperFett
Dec 24th, 2004, 11:15:28 AM
Originally posted by Dutchy
These are good times for US DVD buyers. :p

Dude, go Canadian! You can get free postage and cheap stuff :D

Dutchy
Dec 24th, 2004, 12:03:27 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Dude, go Canadian! You can get free postage and cheap stuff :D

I know!

http://www.dvdsoon.com/ :D

Dutchy
Dec 24th, 2004, 12:04:16 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
I'm planning a month long trip to Europe this summer

Cool. :cool

What ya plan on visiting, country-wise?

Sanis Prent
Dec 24th, 2004, 12:26:33 PM
My company's primary vendor is located in Tuttlingen, Germany, so I have had to keep an eye on currency fluctuations to make sure that we're not being overcharged on shipping quotes.

JediBoricua
Dec 24th, 2004, 12:46:26 PM
I'm gonna start in Budapest where a friend has an apartment and move on from east to west.

My preliminary route is Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid. This probably wont be my final route, and I will probably see a couple of places in the middle.

I'm skipping London because I might go and do my MA there, and Italy because I think I won't have the time to see it properly.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 25th, 2004, 01:39:40 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
My company's primary vendor is located in Tuttlingen, Germany, so I have had to keep an eye on currency fluctuations to make sure that we're not being overcharged on shipping quotes. You must live on XE.com

Callomas Savoc
Dec 25th, 2004, 02:33:45 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
You must live on XE.com

I usually just read the Journal habitually.