PDA

View Full Version : A civilized beast (open)

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:35:13 PM
Agelmeri, a lush, tropical world filled with vast jungles that are home to many viscious creatures. Only a few urban areas are scattered about the globe in places where the avian natives had been able to stave off predators. However dangerous the jungles are, the cities boast excellent tourist attraction. There are those, though, that come not only for the weather and theme parks, but for the hunt. The game on Agelmeri prove very challenging and attract the best hunters in the galaxy.

While most hunters made their way back to the cities without injury, recently there have been several instances near the city of Mazo'manie where several hunters have been badly injured. In all cases they had been either mauled or clawed. The victims had said that they had encountered a great creature and had attempted to bring it down. Each time the creature had fled, only to lead the unwary hunters into a trap. Because this was not unprecedented the events were ignored.

All that changed in the last week when a group of hunters had been found completely eviscerated. The native Agelmerians promised a large sum of credits to kill the thing. Sentries have been posted at all of the cities gates and only heavily armed hunters are allowed outside, the Agelmerians do not want to lose their valuable tourists.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ooc: Yes Nrak is the "creature". He is not necessarily evil, people just assume he is another dumb creature to be hunted. In truth Nrak is a sentient that has come to this world just to explore (as he has done on others) He is trying to get back off planet, but lost his translator unit and is forced to keep fleeing (and injuring) the hunters, but only in self-defense. There is a pretense behind the ones he killed, but I don't want to reveal it here.. And yes, Nrak is force sensitive.

I'm using this as an intro thread. I haven't decided what faction to have him join. I was think whoever encountered him would influence his choice.)

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:42:12 PM
Dalamar was looking around the jungle seeing if this would be a good place for a future hunt. The moon hung bright in the sky. Dalamar could see everything clearly. He pulled his Silver Katana out and cleaned the blade while he waited for Sting....

He heard a rustle in the leaves. He turned around and looked into the bushes. He heard a small growl coming towards him.

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:14:31 PM
...a growl that soon formed itself into words, words emanating from the throat of a chalk-skinned girl in her late teens.

Choir Aztaroth was not amused. She'd once considered herself a good hunter in an amateur sort of way, but dealing with pregnancy had taken the bulk of her time for the last year, and it seemed her outdoors skills had atrophied. Horribly.

She'd wanted a challenge, mostly because she was after the most dangerous prey in the galaxy (Sith) and she knew enough of her own abilities to be aware that she needed practice. Whatever this creature was that was causing so much havoc, it would provide this practice.

That was the theory, at least until the sun set and she realized that her night vision, while extraordinarily good by human standards, was not sufficient to moving through the jungle. Now, spitting invective at herself and every tree and vine that impeded her path, she was wandering, her goal of hunting only partially remembered.

Teleran Balades
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:17:55 PM
Oops, wrong thread. Sorry to hold up your RP.

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:54:03 PM
(ooc: No problem at all.)

In a dense part of the jungle not far from the bustling city, N'rak wearily trudged through the thick underbrush. The strenous task of treking through the tropical forest without a path to follow was taking its toll on his Tchuukthai stamina. He was very much relieved when he found a small clearing with a stream running through it.

With an exhausted grunt, slumped over to take a long drink of the refreshing water. When his thirst was sated, N'rak sat back on his haunches and surveyed the area. It was so far from the other parts of the jungle he had spent, well, just exploring. That's what enjoyed the most--to go out alone on a foreign world and just roam in the wilderness. He had done it several times before, sometimes months at a time. This world, however, seemed to wish him exterminated.

N'rak glanced down at his still bloody "paws". Thick red and blue liquid marred his pure green hide. N'rak had never wanted to injure those misguided hunters, but he had had no choice. Except that last party of aliens. N'rak mused Those immoral, barbaric creatures. They had no right to live. They had incured the Tchuukthai wrath, and standing two meters and the shoulder and a little more than the meters in lenght, coupled with thickly armored hide and bony protrusions(a feature which led some to beleive that the Tchuukthai were reptiles), it was a wrath that was not easily withstood.

Those others however, were merely ignorant seeking a challenge. N'rak drew a massive paw-like hand towards his throat to unclasp heavily damaged a bulky metal apparatus. It was all that was left o his translator; it had been destroyed in a fight with a native predator.

N'rak turned his head skyward and let out a deep, piercing roar of frustration. All his hopes of making it off the planet in one piece lay with a shredded hunk of metal. No matter, he could spend years here, Tchuukthai could be patient when need be.

N'rak climbed to his four feet and set off anew. It was best not to stay in one place for too long. As N'rak made his way through the forest, he noticed an involuntary tingle slowly creeping up his spine. He did not know how, but he could feel something out there.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:25:08 AM
Dalamar heard the cursing of what seemed to be a small child. She fought her way thru the jungle. Dalamar remained still just watching her fumble around. He wasn't looking for a fight but was here on hunt buisness. Just then a loud howl pierced the darkness. Some creature was out there and from the sound of the howl it was either mad or in pain.

Both there heads turned in the direction of the noise. The Vampyre stepped back and decided to watch the human. He would follow her for a while. Maybe she would prove interesting. If she didn't well there was always dinner....

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 23rd, 2004, 12:35:42 PM
OOC/ Please don't GM, Dal.

IC/ Her hand shot to the hilt of Conflagration just as she tripped. The antique lightsaber's pastel green blade hissed into existence, searing a deep scar in the forest floor as Choir turned her trip into a forward roll and came up in a tense guard. With a thought, she entered step-up, giving her enhanced physical strength, speed and reflexes. It did little for her eyesight...but then again, she should really be using the Force to hunt. A predatory mind should stick out like a sore thumb. Kicking herself for her stupidity, she stretched out to the Dark Side and began to flick her mind about.

Not one, but two minds, both disciplined, both sentient, one more aggressive than the other and very close. Unless she missed her guess, too, that one had the Force as his ally.

"Show yourself," she barked as the last echoes of the roar died away. Conflagration hummed from the guard to point towards where she knew the more aggressive, more powerful mind to be.

It's either another hunter, or the 'animal' itself. Interesting...

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:43:48 PM
N'rak kept plodding along through the underbrush, heading in the direction where he felt something. It wasn't the first time he had such a sensation, but this was the strongest it had ever been. On his homeworld, the elders hadn't known what to make of the phenomenon. It had marked as a unique, but strange individual among his village. It had also turned him into somewhat of an outsider. On other worlds he had heard words like: Magic, Witchcraft, or The Forces that was credited to the cause of similar feelings. It was all gibberish to N'rak.

As the minutes went on, he was aware that senses could pinpoint where the strange sensations guiding him. Normally, N'rak would have been more wary of this, Tchuukthai regarded the supernatural with suspicion, but curiosity got the better of him.

N'rak's ears perked as a voice floated through the jungle. He instantly doubled his speed towards the sound. Shouldering his way through a particularly dense patch of ferns, N'rak found himself in another small clearing.

The sliver moon in the sky illuminated a pair of humanoids. The light glinted off of a blade in the larger one's hand. The second, a younger female, held a pulsating green energy sword. At the sight of the weapons N'rak instantly fell into a defensive posture, forgetting all about the peculiar sensations that had plagued him.

N'rak circled to the left, presenting an armored flank towards the two. It was odd, they both looked like humans, but the male had a strange scent to him, one that N'rak had never encountered before. Once again he wished that he was born with vocal chords able to produce the sounds nessecary to speak Basic.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:47:39 PM
The small female started brandishing a lightsaber. "Show yourself," she said.

Dalamar sheathed his weapon, closed off his mind and stepped back into the foliage a little more. He did not fight children and to be truthful he wouldn't feed off them either. They were a little to innocent for his taste's.

Still there was a howl in these woods. It wouldn't do for a Wild Hunt to be held here. Especially if the local animals where to dangerous for the participants.

He would investigate the noise and find if indeed the animals here where dangerous.

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:28:25 PM
She doused Conflagration's blade as she felt the more powerful mind retreat slightly. Her first instinct was to try harder to discover her strange companion. For a moment, she'd thought she'd caught a glimpse of albino skin like her own.

But that one was retreating, and the other, stranger if not as powerful, was circling. The other albino still had a large portion of her attention - anything else was suicide - but her eyes were on Veer'ta.

Who are you? she asked telepathically, keeping the hilt of her lightsaber ready by her side. The main idea of several running through her head was that this one was the mysterious animal, the one she'd heretofore been hunting.

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:44:56 PM
Who are you?

The words had just formed in his mind. N'rak froze at the unheard voice and turned his head back towards the clearing. He noticed that the other had disapeared, but ignored the he fact. The large being studied the human girl in the clearing. She stood with her weapon deactivated, but still kept its emmiter at hand. N'rak blinked his deep red eyes in confusion.

Had she projected those words? Telepathy was a trait exibited by several races, but as far as N'rak new, never by a human. Once again confusion overrode caution. N'rak stepped from the foliage into plain sight.

"I am named N'rak Veer'ta." The Tchuukthai cocked his head to the side, inquisitive but still wary. "You project your thoughts at will. How is this possible for a human?"

Naturally, the words were spoken in a staggered series of grunts and growls.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 24th, 2004, 12:20:11 AM
He felt a small tug at his mind. The creature was trying to communicate. Dalamar ignored it at first. His attention on the child.

The desire to communicate denoted intelligence. He then opened his awareness to let the beasts thoughts penetrate. He stood back patiently watched, waited and listened.

His mind picked up a garbled thought send. The vampyre concentraited and it cleared up a little.

"You pro ject y r thoughts a t wiiiiill. How is this possibleeeee for a humannnn?" It made better sense but still it was not clear.

The animal was intelligent then? Not everything was as it appeared. He pulled his cloak around himself. He would wait....

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 24th, 2004, 05:43:05 AM
Realizing after the first few words that the alien either had a horrible accent or did not, in fact, speak Basic, Aztaroth dug a little deeper into its mind than telepathic contact required, just enough to give her an idea of its thoughts and feelings. Incredulity...comparison between her and other beings, most of which she knew to be telepathic by nature...

Trusting the Force, she took a stab in the dark.

I'm a Dark Jedi. Forewielders can do that.

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 24th, 2004, 01:00:25 PM
Amazing, this human had actually been able to understand him, or infer the meaning of his words anyway, without a translator. Dark Jedi? Forcewielders? These aliens and their facination with the supernatural are beyond me N'rak felt a faint presence in his mind along with the words this time; not threatening, but questioning. She was using his own thoughts to understand his language. N'rak didn't how or why he knew what was happening, but he reacted as all Tchuukthai would at such an intrusion.(even if it wasn't a threat.)

N'rak's lips curled back in a snarl, revealing a fang filled maw. The bright white teeth were still stained with blood.

"I do not care what source you credit your abilities to. Keep your mind to yourself.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 24th, 2004, 06:56:54 PM
Dalamar saw the beast snarl and bare it teeth. His hand went to his hilt in a flash. The ancient tempered blade handed down thru the generations it should pierce the beasts hide if it came to that.

Whatever the child had said or done to the beast it was not happy. Dalamar would wait and see if he had to intervene. He kept his thoughts to himself and silently waited the outcome.

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 24th, 2004, 07:34:28 PM
Would you rather remain misunderstood? Choir 'said' in acid tones, keeping an eye on the albino. He hadn't made a hostile move yet, but that didn't mean much to her. Either, really could become an enemy in an eyeblink.

That's the only choice you have, after all. Allow me access to your mind without trying to kill me, or stay out here in the jungle. Alone, or close enough.

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 24th, 2004, 08:30:06 PM
N'rak blinked his red eyes again, his snarl already fading. She was right, it was the only way to communicate and his only way to get off planet in one piece. N'rak bowed his large head.

"I apologize; you are correct. My race regards intrusions against one's privacy as a capital offence. Understanding, however, is well worth the indignity."

N'rak glanced around the clearing searching for the second humanoid that had been here.

"What are you and your companion doing in the jungle at this time. The most dangerous predators on this world are nocturnal, hunters do no usually leave the city before daybreak.."

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 25th, 2004, 02:08:38 AM
"What are you and your companion doing in the jungle at this time. The most dangerous predators on this world are nocturnal, hunters do no usually leave the city before daybreak.."

Dalamar could understand the creature better now. He didn't now what he would do with the knowledge. He stepped back for now. The sun would be coming up soon and he didn't need to be here when it did.

Maybe he would investigate later when he had more time....

With that he signalled Sting to pick him up.

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 25th, 2004, 10:33:51 AM
I was hunting you, actually. Or aren't you the 'dangerous animal' that was giving the local hunters so much trouble?

She glanced again at Dalamar.

He's not with me, as it happens.

N'rak Veer'ta
Dec 25th, 2004, 06:21:58 PM
A deep, throaty rumble escaped from N'rak's mouth, the Tchuukthai equivalent of a laugh. Dangerous animal. Is that what the city thought of him? The hunters that he had injured must have been telling stories in the city to cover up for their embarassment. If a Tchuukthai had been bested, they accepted it, they did not fabricate tales that suggested otherwise. The antics of these aliens amused him.

"If that is the story the hunters are circulating, then yes I am the 'animal' you speak of."

N'rak followed Choir's gaze. The second was standing hidden in the trees. He tried again to discern what he smelled. Whatever that creature was, it wasn't human, even if it looked like one.

"I do not like it. It is unnatural."

(ooc: I will be gone for the next several days. I'll do my best to post again tomorrow morning, however.)

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 26th, 2004, 10:25:12 AM
"I do not like it. It is unnatural."

Dalamar caught that last thought, It made him laugh. Yes, he was unnatural alright. Dalamar jumped over the small tree in a forward flip. He landed with his feet together. His black armor glistening like a black snake.

He bowed, "My name is Dalamar I'm here on hunt buisness. My own personal hunt buisness. Nothing to do with your sorry state of affairs I assure you. Who you kill and maim is none of my concern."

"But if you want a bit of advice you need to get a operating translator your language of grunts and growls will not be understood."

Dalamar figured these two could keep him busy until Sting arrived. He had a few hours yet...

Choir Aztaroth
Dec 27th, 2004, 01:45:21 PM
Dalamar.

That name was not unfamiliar to her.

Choir felt extremely sick, in a sweetish sort of way. This situation had the potential to become...well, more than she'd anticipated, that was for certain.

"Of course he's unnatural," she said, fighting back both dread and hope. "He's what's known as a vampire - a drinker of blood. More superstition made real."

Thoughts ran through her head, powerful enough to be 'visible' even through the shielding that her nemesis had installed in her mind just over a year ago. The face of Je'gan Olra'en...

...and undying hatred.

N'rak Veer'ta
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:49:00 AM
N'rak felt a spike a static in his mind when Dalamar spoke. The was steong tension between the two. This day's events were straining him. First a fight for his life, now these two odd beings, perhaps they were tied in with whatever force had attracted him here.

N'rak studied Dalamar. He seemed extremely strong and acrobatic for a human. Probably due to being a vampire, or whatever he was. N'rak reached a clawed hand to his throat and tore the metailic translator-colar loose. He tossed the wrecked device to the vampire's feet.

"That is what is left of my translator."

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:36:41 PM
"That is what is left of my translator."

Dalamar bent down and picked it up. It was just a pile of junk as far as the Vampyre could see. He ran his hands across the power pack even that was crushed.

"What did you do land on your face." Dalamar said with a smile. "This is garbage. Sting my bounty hunter can give you a new one. This collar is still in good condition and thats all he will need. He will arrive in a few hours I will tell him of your problem."

"Of course he's unnatural," she said, fighting back both dread and hope. "He's what's known as a vampire - a drinker of blood. More superstition made real."

Dalamar just looked in her direction with a nod. "Yes, thats me a creature of the dark, a foul beast of evil, a prince of darkness. A reaver, a life taker, a Death Dealer. I will snatch your children in the night and leave you a widow. Motherless, Fatherless I am a bastion of the night. It calls to me and it power cannot be denied. I AM EVIL!! I revel in it let its sweet arms of darkness caress as I feed off the souls of the innocent." Dalamar laughed evilly... Then he just laughed.. He looked at the girl with a smile. "Or I am just Dalamar a man like any other trying to find my way in this universe. Don't believe every little story you hear about me little one."

Dalamars was in a good mood he saw that his reputatioin had proceeded him again as usual...

Choir Aztaroth
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:34:51 AM
"It wasn't a story...it was a memory. Je'gan Olra'en's memory."

N'rak Veer'ta
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:27:30 PM
N'rak swung his head between the two aliens infront of him. The male was sarcastic and mystery, but at least his intentions seemed good, at the moment anyway. N'rak respect his initial reclusiveness, it was a trait all Tchuukthai had.

The female seemed much easier to read and much more social than the other. The hostile attitude she now had came as a bit of a surprise.

These two and their odd behavior coupled with all this strange talk was starting to strain the almost infalliable Tchuukthai patiende.

N'rak trained his red eyes on Choir.

"You have another's memories?" Another thing your 'force' is able too do I venture. "If you have another's memories you are also swayed by their beliefs are you not? Could it be you are letting this Je'gan's bias overcome your judgement."

N'rak stopped and glanced at the vampire. If what he had said was true, then his kind were just as misunderstood as the Tchuukthai.

"Was I not also marked as a vicious, murdering beast?"

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:40:30 AM
"Je'gan Olra'en's memory."

The little girl suddenly had his attention. He listened to N'rak speak to the girl. He was interested in the whereabouts of Je'gan and the Crimson Veil...

She seemed to shift uncomfortably and the vampyre was impatient to hear more...

Choir Aztaroth
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:19:38 PM
"Je'gan Olra'en," she told Veer'ta, eyes still on Dalamar, "is my worst enemy. So yes, it's possible that I am swayed by his memories - and yes, that was accomplished through the Force."

She refrained from comment about further stereotypes, simply out of safety - as well as for the reason that she knew little enough on the topic to be anything like an expert witness.

N'rak Veer'ta
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:57:20 AM
N'rak smiled a bit. For a moment at least, Choir wouldn't try carving the vampire into pieces. Once again his patience and logic may have staved off hostile action, even if only for a small time. The large quadraped shifted his eyes towards Dalamar.

"I thank you for your offer. However I have little that I can give in return."

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:50:10 PM
"Do not worry about the cost it is minimal and Sting will have it handidly ready.."

"Je'gan? I know of this individual he had something that belongs to me and I WILL have it back..."

Dalamar still waited for more details from the child that seemed older that she was...

Choir Aztaroth
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:32:08 PM
"We all want things we can't have," Choir countered bitterly, not out of a desire to talk back to a higher power but simply as a statement of fact.

She glanced at Veer'ta, then did a bit of a double take.

"Wouldn't you like to be universally understood, for example?"

N'rak Veer'ta
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:53:27 PM
N'raks teeth curled back in a toothy smile. This was getting interesting. N'rak turned to respond to the girl.

"At times my races wishes to be understood, but at times we don't. Ignorance keeps aliens off of our world, yet because of that people make their own presumptions. You could say that we wish to be understood as individuals, but wish to remain anonomous as a race."

It was a confusing answer, but a true one. The Tchuukthai wanted their race and homeworld to be a secret, yet comprehention between individuals was promoted.

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:04:11 AM
Dalamar curbed his anger this child was not his enemy..

Je'gan had taken what was his. The Crimson Veil rare and costly more so that even Dalamar knew.. It's ingredients mixed and made from special instructions.. Instructions from the BOOK the one that he had found in his tomb. They where part of the making of a sword. A sword that would cleave into the Limbo realm and lead him to the Assyrian..

He still didn't know exactly how it worked but he did know that he would eventually need it...

It was a lost science. Vampyre Science... Long lost and forgotten..

"We all want things we can't have,"

Dalamar laughed "I always get what I want."

Choir Aztaroth
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:51:16 AM
"Nobody gets everything they want. Nature won't allow it." Choir's eyes shifted to Veer'ta. "In this case, it's your translator malfunctioning."

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:21:46 AM
"Yeah but remember I am unnatural" Dalamar said with a smile... "I always get what I want... As for his translator... "

Just then as if on cue... a new one dropped from the sky... into the Black Lords taloned glove...

Dalamar place it on the ground before the creature... Now we can end this 'mind speak'.

Then DeSang looked back to N'rak Veer'ta "Why are you here?"

Teleran Balades
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:51:06 AM
N'rak blinked in surprise and glanced in the direction the device came from. That was swift. I did not even hear or smell anyone else. The Tchuukthai looked suspiciously at the translator before deciding to pick it up. With one quick motion he had the collar clamped. N'rak gave a test growl and was rewarded by static flooding through the device.

"I thank you" There was a slight lag as the translator picked up the Tchuukthai speech and translated it into monotonous basic.

"Why am I here? I am merely searching for answers and a purpose."

N'rak laughed mentally, it must seem so odd to these aliens, that any being would come to this planet of all places. But the Tchuukthai prefered seperation from other races and the wilderness was a perfect place for solitude and meditation.

(Darn it logged on as the wrong account.)

Sting
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:24:42 PM
Sting smiled as the stealth shield faded from his armor.. Dalamar always liked that trick.. No doubt marking my prescence by my heartbeat.. Sting went back to his ship and waited for His Lord to finish with his company..

The translator handed over his work was done, he prepped the ship for take off...

Choir Aztaroth
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:53:08 PM
Choir remained unruffled by the rapid appearance and equally rapid departure of the bounty hunter. She hadn't been perturbed by Veer'ta's appearance, nor by Dalamar's identity. There was no reason for her to be shocked by another odd occurrence in what was turning out to be either the most bizarre of all nights or the most fortunate - and possibly both.

"Answers to what?"

N'rak Veer'ta
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:06:49 PM
Should I actually be speaking to these aliens. N'rak wasn't one to trust others, especially others of another race. His own people viewed him as an oddity, what might an alien think, besides, shouldn't one solve one's own mysteries.

Then again, these two seemed to have unique gifts of their own, gifts not dissimilar from his own.

"Answers to my abilities. For example, I am able to see visions of sorts, of events that will happen. Usually only a short distance into the future. There are other things as well,but....Now that I think about it, the same type of feeling led me here, like a beacon in my mind."

Choir Aztaroth
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:52:58 AM
"That would be the Force. Our superstition."

Choir smiled a bit grimly.

"Tell me - when you feel these things, are you angry or are you calm?"

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:28:41 AM
Dalamar grew bored... If she could tell him nothing of the Crimson Veil and the creature had the device he needed he was well on his way to being gone. Still he heard the questioin and would tarry just a little longer to hear the answer. The animal interested him that much at least.

N'rak Veer'ta
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:31:02 PM
An odd question.

"These extra "senses" are usually more potent during moments of...tension. I beleive anger falls into that category."

N'rak paused glanced at the stoic vampyre, wondering whether his 'mind' abilities came from the Force as well, or whether it was just one of his race's natural capabilities.

"Your inquiry is intriguing, what does anger or tranquility have to do with this Force?"

Choir Aztaroth
Feb 8th, 2005, 09:24:25 AM
"Well, there are two ways of using this power. There's tranquility, which takes time to master, and emotion, which is quicker but, some believe, weaker overall. They're called Light and Dark, for obvious reasons."

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:34:53 PM
"I am considered a Darksider. We are well met are we not. Dalamar gave a slight bow. Now if you don't mind me asking. What is this future that you saw?"

The vampyre looked back and forth between the two. The girl was an oddity that much was sure. He was sure he was even more so to such as these...