PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Poll

Darth McBain
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:43:22 AM
Today's daily poll on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/poll/ ) has an interesting question.

Since it will be a different poll tomorrow, I'll post the question here...

If you could actually buy The Star Wars Holiday Special on DVD, despite its awful reputation, would you?

I don't know - Despite better judgement I think I'd have to say yes. I've seen it on a low-quality mpg, in all its ultra-sucky-ness glory, and I can't say I'd ever want to subject myself to that again. But, it has camp value and if you ever want to have a good laugh at how bad something can be, you can always pop it in. Or if you're totally drunk, maybe then it might actually seem better...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2004, 12:09:46 PM
I would - I've never seen the thing, and just for sheer collectors value it would be cool to own. Even if I couldn't bear to watch it again after the first time.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2004, 12:42:18 PM
Like LD said, I may be forced to pick it up because it's a collectible. But who would ever care? No one should ever want to see this thing. Like I've said in the past, I've seen this thing on a big screen, and there's never been a more horrific incident in my whole life. I'd buy it, but then I'd have to hang myself.

Jedieb
Dec 21st, 2004, 08:02:10 PM
I saw it when it was broadcast. I do remember I enjoyed it. Then again, I was only 7. I'd love to grab a copy just for the history of it. Hopefully, no one will be in Buff's way if the thing ever hits shelves. Damn, where is our resident Bea Arthur fan?

JMK
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:36:39 PM
I think that guy retired. Or maybe he's finally shacked up with Bea.....

Darth McBain
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:53:50 PM
Yeah, haven't seen him around in a while. I know he'd be picking that one up... :lol JMK - you've seen this on the big screen? Do I take that to mean it was actually shown in a movie theater? Or you just watched it on a big-screen TV. Either way - the horror, the horror!!!

Doc Milo
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:34:11 PM
I'd buy it just because it's a collector's item. I might not ever even break the shrink-wrap seal, though. On another note, I did see the Droids cartoons on DVD over in Costco the other day. I didn't buy it because I have limited funds right now with the baby and Christmas taking up a lot of resources :)

Mandy with an I
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:37:57 PM
You can buy the two Ewok movies, and there are dvds of the two cartoons. I'd buy it just to see how awful it is :)

JMK
Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:47:20 AM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
Yeah, haven't seen him around in a while. I know he'd be picking that one up... :lol JMK - you've seen this on the big screen? Do I take that to mean it was actually shown in a movie theater? Or you just watched it on a big-screen TV. Either way - the horror, the horror!!!

I saw it at a Star Wars convention. They had brought in a big screen to the main hall and proceeded to torture us.

Darth Hoob
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:51:34 PM
I've been intrigued by the holiday special ever since i heard the rumours. Saw it 4 the 1st time a few days ago on a v bad mpeg. It was so cheesy I had 2 skip a lot of it. I can c why GL wants 2 quietly forget it now. It truly is awful lol.

karwyn
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:39:27 PM
Yeah, sure. It'd be great to see -- finally. And come on, who wouldnt want to MST it while watching it? Ha.