PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Elements: A Redeeming Hope

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 18th, 2004, 07:10:10 PM
*The two blades met: one black, the other orange. Determination, rage, anger, and hatred filled one pair of eyes. The other pair held amusement, delightful sanity, sick, evil, enjoyment from a perverted outlook. This man let out a shriek of a laugh as the two combatants glared into each others' eyes.*

"You've done well, -"

*The ground shook as explosions near and far rang out. It seemed as though the two fighters were only a small part in a greater war taking place.

The other combatant's composure stayed, hatred filling his mind, body and soul at the other's words. He was the first to break the standoff, spinning away. After the fourth or so spin, he flicked his wrist causing his black bladed lightsaber to arc horizontally towards the other.

The man with the orange saber ducked the black blade, coming up only to once more block the black blade with his orange.

The sound of a comm link and a voice filled the room, distracting the two for a moment. At that time, a second orange blade sprung to life. The spinning dual blades knocked the other combatant back onto the defensive, but he couldn't defend himself against the next hit. A blast of Force pushed him back and down.*

"- Allow me, now, to guide you..."

*For the first time in the dream, Nathan got a good look at the one of the fighters, the one with the orange dual blade: himself. The room spun until he was seeing out of his own eyes, looking down the other man.

Poreon.

Lightsabers deactivated, Poreon spoke quietly, hesitant.*

"Yes, Master."

*He stood looking at Snack. Poreon grew taller just then, the anger and hatred leaving his facade allowing the sense of duty and most importantly, the Darkness that he had just learned to control to enter him. More confident now: "Yes, Master."*

"He was, Horus aside, your most talented Apprentice. Poreon would have proven himself a worthy Sith under your guidance."

*Nathan's eyes slowly opened as the dream faded away.*

"He was your equal... and he could have been so much more. Perhaps it's best, for he could have killed you."

I had his loyalty.

"Then why did he leave!? Why did he vanish without a word!?"

"Do you know why I brought you here?"

Enlighten me, please.

"It's time to find another."

*Sighing, Nathanial sat up in his cousin bench seat of his Lambda Class shuttle. He had arrived on the planet of Muunilinst last night, he guessed. Slowly and surely, he was losing this inner fight against the spirit that tap danced on his brain.

Perhaps it was time to take another apprentice. But it wouldn't be as easy as he was use to, when they would seek him out, not vice versa. Was it worth it, though? Most always left, or found other mentors. Like Jared. Of course, Nate had been a very busy man during the time he had a number of different apprentices.

Now, it should be different. At least he hoped.

Getting his gear around, he left his ship in the cities docking bay, and began to wander the sidewalks. Not a single clue filled his mind as to who or what he was looking for, save for only a vibration of the Force that had yet to leap out, telling him someone with potential was around.*

Redeemer
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:42:01 PM
Mira Salinsky sat in the shadows of the bar watching everyone closely. She had not been on the planet long, just long enough to know to keep to herself and not make friends. A grimace graced her features as she took in everything with her green eyes.

She let out a quiet sigh as she settled back into the booth. Lately she had been thinking about her past and what to do with her future. Redeemer was long gone, now in her place was Mira. Mira was a new lease on life for her, a chance to begin again and do things over but somehow the darkness of Redeemer still haunted her, threatened to take over once more and do the bad things whispered to her in her sleep.

For the longest time Mira had chosen to ignore her Force talents. Squashed them away, forgot they existed. The past couple of years she had decided to give it a try and see just what she could do with her gift. To train by herself. A novice she was indeed, but she would flourish. 'I hope.' Mira laughed to herself as she reached for her drink. She looked at the lightsaber on her hip and let out a sigh. It was given to her when her talents were realized, but she had put it away, refusing to even look at it until a few years ago. As she had touched the weapon after such a long time, she felt the pull of something dark calling out to her. Sometimes she felt on the border of something good and something evil and oh was she tempted to take that step into the Darkness.

Mira grabbed the glass in her hand, concentrating on it as it raised up to levitate it over her palm. A smirk came onto her full lips as she watched it, twirling it slowly around in the air. It had become an amusement for her to do little tricks like that. Mira felt something and she stilled, the glass still floating as she looked around the bar once more. Someone very powerful was near.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:54:53 PM
*It was like it was on cue - the faint vibration within the Force that rippled through his body - the sign that someone was using the Force. Or had potential to.

It was scary, yet it seemed like it happened all the time. Force user looking for another in an unlikely random place, and boom. There one was. Such was the Force, always in motion, and always leading those to where they need to be. If one was searching, one would discover. If one was seeking, one he would find.

Trying to hone in on the source of the tremor, Nathan continued to navigate the streets of the city. But this time, instead of blindly, he had a map. Or at least a route to follow.

Which led him to a bar half way across town. It was always a pub, or bar, or something. The galaxy was full of drunkards, and Force-sensitives were a high majority there in. Well, in his past dealings at least. He had a sudden urge to go visit Yog's again, wherever it was now, as he entered the bar. Glancing around quickly, Nate shrugged. He made his way up to the bar-counter and leaned in on his elbows then his forearms and he folded them across each other. A couple strands of dark hair fell over his face as he glanced over his shoulder at the person next to him.*

"What yer poison?"

What?

"Drink. Liquor. Death Juice." *Replied the bartender.*

Oh, right. Water.

*The man behind the counter busted his side laughing, it seemed.*

"Listen, if you want water go to the convenience store and buy some. Or go to a lake. We serve only the hard stuff here."

Water. On the rocks.

*Nathan said, his eyes showing no humor. He stood a bit straighter for a moment and glanced down to his belt, which he made viewable by moving the cloak-trench coat he had on. The barkeep could clearly see two different saber hilts clipped on the belt, but couldn't see the third that was settled on his right side.

That changed what they served in this bar very quickly. He brought the Dark Lord his ice water very quickly.*

I'm looking for someone, or something. Seen anything unusual lately?

"N-no, sir. Haven't been lookin'."

*Man, did that guy turn a few shades of white. Nate smirked and shrugged, taking a drink of his water. Something or someone was here. The Force shook again.*

Redeemer
Dec 31st, 2004, 11:47:00 PM
Mira sat completely still as she felt the man walk into the tavern. She had yet to come across another Force user on the planet and to be quite honest, she was happy about that...until now. All she could see was his back and even that gave her the feeling that whomever he was, was a man of great power within the Force.

She smiled slightly, sitting back in the shadows of the tavern, only the lower half of her jaw visible as she pulled the cloak of her hood over her head to hide herself. Would he even think to search the shadows? Mira lifted an eyebrow in thought, quietly setting the glass down onto the table.

"I'm looking for someone, or something. Seen anything unusual lately?"

"N-no, sir. Haven't been lookin'."

'That's because you're too busy robbing people from this swill.' Mira thought to herself. She sighed. 'Too perfect. The smirk on her face turned into a grin as she focused on the man's drink. It began to lift off the bar right infront of him.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:57:26 PM
*Aw, this was cute. Nate looked at his levitating glass and then towards the barkeep, cocking his eyebrow.*

Are you looking now?

*He smirked. This blatant use of the Force so openly in front of the Sith made it almost too easy to pinpoint the user's position. Snatching the glass from mid air, Nate took to steps backwards, turned to his right, and walked swiftly to one of the back booths. In one sat a solitary person, head covered by the hood of a cloak; the shadows did what the could to hide the Force user.*

Why try to hide when you openly do parlor tricks? Enlighten me, please.

*He said to the person, his eyes trying to snake past the hood of the cloak. Reaching out with the Force then, Nathan caused the dim light above the booth table to grow brighter and brighter until the shadows were scarce.

A female.*

Redeemer
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:17:11 AM
Crimson lips smiled from underneath the hood as she watched him. Her eyes, almost predatory like, watching him as turned and made his way to her booth. Smart one was he, that was good...though she had made it easy for him to find her.

Why try to hide when you openly do parlor tricks? Enlighten me, please.

Mira's eyes squinted from the brightness of the light he was generating, though she sat there as if it did not bother her at all. She canted her head to the side, a smirk on her lips yet again.

"Because parlor tricks amuse me in this infested place." Mira finally answered. She slowly reached up to remove her hood, revealing to him hair so blonde that it was almost white and piercing green eyes that she kept upon him, refusing to squint.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:50:42 PM
I see.

*He took the seat opposite her, his eyes not wavering from the unique piercing greens of hers'.

Normally, though, he'd have acted different. Blatant use of the Force was against his own character, but the fact that she so openly did what she did didn't anger or upset the man. Perhaps it was her green eyes, and almost white hair. He had seen some pretty different looks on the millions of beings there were around, but none like this.

Or perhaps it was all in his mind.

He let go of his control over his own use of the Force, the light slowly returning to its dim radiance.*

Then why are you here? Can't find fun other than a backwater pub?

Redeemer
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:22:39 AM
Mira took in his good looks as he dimmed the light, much to the relief of her sensitive eyes. She motioned with a slender hand for him to join her in the booth before she decided to respond.

"This place is a bore, is it not?" Mira purred, taking her own drink in her hand. She brought it up to her lips, keeping her gaze on him from above the rim. "I do not even know why I am here other than to cure my boredom, see what else is out here." She took a slow sip of the fiery liquid before setting it down on the table infront of her. Green eyes stared at the glass for what seemed like an eternity before she lifted her gaze to look back at him. "Now tell me, what are you doing here?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:17:42 AM
*There couldn't be any more answers to such a simple question: The Force brought me here, the voice in my mind took over and I woke up here, I'm looking for a worthy apprentice, you.

"She has potential. Mold it."

He took a sip of his own water while keeping his eyes locked with hers, saver for random blinks.

It was hard getting a read off of this one. Granted it wasn't a strong skill he had, but something prevented him from jumping in her mind to extract all of the answers he needed.

He ignored her question, asking one of his own.*

Has anyone discovered you, yet? Where do you belong?

*Cryptic, yes, but simple if one looked into the questions deeper. Did she have a master, and to what group she belonged. For it was odd to see any Force sensitive to be rogue anymore.*

Redeemer
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:37:53 AM
All Mira could do was blink. She could not believe what she had just heard. This guy was lead to her by the Force to take her as an apprentice.

"I'm to be your apprentice?" Mira asked slowly, moving to cross her arms over her chest as she leaned back into the booth to watch him closely, obviously not believing him, yet something told her that she should listen to him. She fought the urge to openly scoff at his questions then let a smirk play on her lips.

"No one has 'discovered' me." She finally answered with a smile, her lips parting to reveal perfectly white teeth. Where she was from was no one's business. She moved to rest her elbows on the table as she leaned closer to examine him.

"Who are you?" Mira finally asked.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:37:21 PM
*Well, she's a deductive one, that's for sure. Unless she read minds.

"See, I told you. Now do you understand?"

Nathan was begining to, just a little. At least there was a little bit more trust in that crazed spirit in his head. That's a scary thought.*

My name is Nathanial K'Cansce. Though the rest of the galaxy knew me as Darth Snack.

Redeemer
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:05:37 PM
'Darth Snack?' Mira thought to herself. Her lips twitched at the corners of her mouth as she fought to keep from laughing. She brought a pale hand up to her mouth to hide the emerging grin until she got it under control.

"I can't say I've ever heard of you and I've been planet hopping for some time." Mira finally responded, removing the hand from her mouth to extend it to Nathanial to take. "I'm Mira Salinsky, but I've been known as Redeemer." She added softly.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:22:19 PM
*Yea, that's right. Laugh it up. Nathan could tell that Mira found his former name laughable. Frell, who hasn't? That was why Snack had become one of the best. He had to. No one would have taken him seriously.*

Everyone gets one snicker. They don't have a chance for the second.

*He said cooly, extending his own hand to take hers in a single hand shake.*

I've been in seclusion and hiding since the fall of the Empire I once ruled. Only recently have I come out of hiding.

*A short explanation, not giving away too much, but just enough.*

Redeemer, you say? Odd name. How'd you come by that?

*Ironic, coming from Snack, who smirked.*

Redeemer
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:36:55 PM
Mira removed her cool hand from his and motioned for another drink from the waitress who passed by. When she had left, Mira brought her attention back to Nathanial.

"I apologize for laughing, Nathanial." Mira replied sincerely. She had a few laughs of her own over her old name, one in which she tried to forget but kept drawing her nearer and nearer to consuming her again.

"I was born as Mira Salinsky, but my parents crowned me with Redeemer at a young age, a name that stuck for a very long time." She whispered. Mira looked away, the crowd of prostitutes and dwellers. "So you say the Force brought you here to seek out an apprentice. Wh?" She asked, curious to the ways of the Force that were not known to her.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:45:51 PM
I see.

*The waitress stopped by with Mira's drink, then looked at Nathan. He touched his glass and shook his head slightly and she walked away.*

I don't know. You'll come to learn that the Force is fickle, and is always setting things up for the larger picture. But, the Future is always in motion, and the Force has to compensate, thus changing it direction and motives. It's always seeking balance.

*Pausing, the Dark Lord took a drink from his chilled water.

The truth of the mater was, or so Snack thought, was that his 'Father' wished to continue the ways of the Old - the rule of two. And together, they could bring a crushing blow to the galaxy and rule it.

But Mira did not need to know that yet.*

Redeemer
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:20:44 PM
"Always seeking balance." Mira murmured softly with a lift of an eyebrow. Seems like something she's been doing for quite some time now. The saber at her thigh a constant reminder of that.

Mira continued to look around the tavern, then sighed as if bored with the place. She glanced at Nathanial.

"Care to get out of here? I've found this place suddenly stuffy and would like some night air, if that is ok with you?" She asked, quickly paying her tab. "I would like to know more, if you care to tell me." Mira said, reaching to pull the hood of her cloak back over her head.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:19:48 PM
Sure.

*He stood up from the booth, downing the rest of his water in a couple of swallows. He was the first to the door, opening it and holding it open for Mira to walk through.*

What do you wish to know?

Redeemer
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:06:29 PM
Mira closed her eyes as they stepped outside, the night air surrounding her, welcoming her, easing the strain on her eyes. She let out a breath, moving the hood from her head. She tucked it underneath her hair and glanced at Nathanial, wondering why he so readily agreed to walk with her.

Clutching her hands behind her as they walked, she kept a sense open for anything out of the ordinary. Emotions broiled inside of her, feeling the Dark battle the Good in her and she sighed, shaking her head in confusion.

"Its like I am battling within myself all the time. When I am awake, when I seep." Mira admitted softly. She glanced at the handsome Nathanial again. "Why did you agree so easily to come out here with me?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:18:03 AM
Anything to get me out of that pub. Never have been a fan of them. They give me rather large nightmare.

*He said, glancing down to Mira. Those green eyes of hers, they were so captivating and mysterious. The only thing that brought his attention away from them was the fact his own words brought up the memory of Ilyarna. That sent a shudder through his body.

As the began to walk down the night time street, Nathan could feel a conflict of sorts trying to battle it out within his new friend. Dark and Light were at play in this one's mind. He could use that.*

Have you ever been a Jedi hopeful, or did you ever want to be?

Redeemer
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:25:17 AM
Mira stopped dead in her tracks and looked at Nathanial, blinking her eyes slowly.

"A Jedi hopeful?" She repeated, raising her eyebrow. "I was never approached when my talents were realized." Mira began softly. "When I was old enough to figure out exactly what was going on with me, I just blocked it all out, not wanting to deal with any of it. I was already different enough, I did not want to add to it." She threw him a lopsided smile and shrugged her shoulders. Mira fingered the lightsaber at her hip.

"I was given this a long time ago, but only recently have I decided to see what I could truly do with my gift."

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:01:40 PM
*Nate stopped as well, turning to face her.*

One cannot block out the Force willingly. And when they do,

*His hand motioned towards her.*

This happens. I feel the fight in you. You don't know whether to explore your powers more, or shut them away for ever for fear of the Dark Side to consume your life.

*A smirk crossed his lips, his eyes not wavering. The voice inside his head began to laugh quietly in the background.*

And don't fear difference. For I feel it's that difference that will make you strong.

*He glanced then down to her lightsaber, the smirk staying. The lightsaber - a weapon of the strong.*

Redeemer
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:31:50 PM
"I have blocked it for a long time, Nathanial." Mira said, looking down to her hip. "But now it calls out to not be ignored. You are right, I am dealing with an inner struggle."

She turned to look around the street, taking a step forward to continue their walk, her hands clutched behind her again.

"Darkness? I know it well, Nathanial." Mira said, her eyes hardening as memories of her past haunted her. She slid her gaze to him. "What I was before...I liked it. It consumed me like nothing else and I thrived with it." She shrugged her shoulders. "And that was without the aide of the Force. Now that I have decided to see what could or would happen if I embraced it..." Mira let her sentence trail off on a sigh, looking up into the night sky.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 8th, 2005, 06:07:19 PM
*This one is pure in Darkness. She will do nicely.

She is untrained. I don't have the time -

Make the time! For she is now yours.

As you wish, Mas...

His own thoughts trailed off. What was he saying!? That dead spirit within his head no longer walked amongst the living, and therefore could no longer be Snack's Master. Perhaps a long time ago, but not now. Ogre was his one and only Master.

A faint laugh trailed off, the itch passing away.*

You say you know it well, though you have only tasted the dark call without the aide of the Force. Trust me when I say the two are different. It will consume you, eat you inside to out, and then spit you out and walk on you on a good day. The path is not for the weak.

*He paused, not allowing himself to glance down at her. His stare stayed forward. Only after a few more steps to cross a street, did he continue.*

Only if you give yourself to the Dark Side fully, and strive to control it so it does not control you, will I help you along your path.

Redeemer
Feb 8th, 2005, 06:53:50 PM
Mira paused in her steps, blinking slowly as she stared out into the night before turning her head slightly to look at Nathaniel, her blond mane spilling out from the hood over one shoulder.

'Give myself completely?' Mira thought to herself as a shudder ran through her.

She had fought for so long to keep the Darkness at bay within her and now here stood Nathanial, a stranger out of no where offering his help should she give herself over. Reaching up to remove her hood, she turned her full gaze upon him, taking him in once again as she considered his offer. Mira could feel it welling up inside of her, calling to her stronger than before. Yes, it recognize the power within Nathanial.

"Why?" She asked, one simple word, one simple question.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 11th, 2005, 09:58:06 PM
The Force wills it.

*A simple answer. It was the only answer he could muster up now. Mira didn't need to know about his inner self just yet, though that would come up sometime in the near future, no doubt.

Stopping besides her, he allowed his eyes to gaze into hers. Something about her was oddly different. She wasn't a normal human. Her skin seemed way too pale, her features way too bright, and the way she moved was different.

Nathan would figure that out in the near future as well.*

I promise you a power and strength that you can get no where else. Not only will you be known throughout the galaxy, you'll be feared and revered.

Redeemer
Feb 14th, 2005, 10:56:31 AM
Mira stood there boldly staring back at Nathanial as his gaze bored into her's. She knew he was noting something different about her. That was easy to see.

If he had found out the truth about her, would he still offer her what he did? Mira's eyebrow lifted as she pondered that idea.

"To be feared and revered?" Mira repeated softly, a slow smile appearing on her full lips as she continued to stare back at him. "Such a tempting offer, I'm touched." Her mouth parted as the tip of her tongue came out to moisten her lips and she grinned at him. Nathanial being her 'Master' wouldn't be such a bad deal she thought to herself. For them to be in training like that would cause her to have to reveal her true self to him, but Mira sighed inwardly. If he was of true Darkness, it would be of no worry.

"When do we start?" Mira asked, knowing those words released the Darkness inside of herself. She shivered slightly, feeling it swirling around in triumph.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:39:48 PM
We've already begun.

*Nathan said with a smirk. The chill of the Dark Side swirled around the woman just then. The path had been started before, and now she chose the right path at the fork in the road. Snack would guide her to the rest of the obstacles that lay in her way, but Mira would have to chose for herself.*

Come.

*The Dark lord took off on a brisk pace, his gate now full with a mission. His new Apprentice knew not where they were going, but she would in time.

His Lambda Class shuttle was waiting in one of the many hangar bays in the Muunilist city. Once on board, they were heading on a 3 tracked course that ends up at Snack's, and his brain's, home world: Cayss.*

Redeemer
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:57:52 PM
Mira watched him walk away and stared after him for a moment, pondering the decision, too late to undo now. She smirked for a moment then quickly caught up with him, walking without sound next to Nathanial. She did not ask where they were going, just walked along side Nathanial until they reached his ship where she paused once more, her gaze going over the hull before taking that step on board.

'We've already begun.' Echoed in Mira's mind as she moved about the ship, keeping to herself as Nathanial readied for flight. Her gaze went to her new 'Master' and her lips twitched yet again at the thought of how things have unfolded for her. She felt the Darkness within her, happy at being unleashed once again.

"I only have one request, Nathanial." Mira said coming up behind him. "Just keep me out of the sun." She moved away without saying anything more, her body language stating that she would not go into any more detail until later. There would be time for that later.