JMK
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:53:59 PM
....to death.

Poor fella. Sucks to be him.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/13/peterson.case/index.html

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:33:58 PM
poor him? poor HIM!?

Poor Lacey and his son, and her parents.

I have no sympathy for people who kill other people. People who kill pregnant women have a special spot in hell, I think.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:39:06 PM
Great, now lets work on keeping this crap off the news and save space for things that really matter.

I'm so sick and tired of this stupid trial. If they weren't affluent and attractive white people this would've gone straight to page ten in the local paper.

Darth Viscera
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:59:19 PM
Agreed. I want my 2 years back. Scott Peterson and Kobe Bryant, please get off the airwaves. Send all the people who were working on covering Scott Peterson to Chechnya and give them videophones or something. I'm sure there are plenty of explosions going unrecorded somewhere.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:33:00 PM
what does killing him achieve??

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:23:03 PM
Revenge [/Steve Zissou]

At least that's the best I can offer :\ Personally I think torture would be better.

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:33:54 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
what does killing him achieve??

Until the cost of execution goes down, it merely opens up more space for other inmates who might possibly be able to serve time without the certainty of becoming institutionalized, and prevents a convicted murderer from escaping.

When the price of execution falls, its a bargain.

Then again, you may lack perspective on this one. Have you ever had a close friend or relative murdered? It's not exactly something you can explain.

Shawn
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:41:45 PM
Originally posted by Charley
When the price of execution falls, its a bargain. Florida Power and Light has come out and said that every time we use the electric chair in an execution, it costs roughly 5 cents. The real expense comes while the person in question is on death row.

What we need to do is have them go straight from the court room to the chair. :p

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:41:57 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
Florida Power and Light has come out and said that every time we use the electric chair in an execution, it costs roughly 5 cents. The real expense comes while the person in question is on death row.

That's what I was referring to. If it were up to me, it would be a 12 cent bullet, billed to the deceased person's estate keeper.

JMK
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:48:37 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
poor him? poor HIM!?

Poor Lacey and his son, and her parents.

I have no sympathy for people who kill other people. People who kill pregnant women have a special spot in hell, I think.

I know, I was being sarcastic. He's got a spot reserved in hell right next to O.J. Simpson.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:34:19 AM
It's not the actual execution that's expensive, as you've said, it's the cost of the appeals process and keeping them alive and healthy on Death Row for twenty years.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:26:17 PM
He might die of natural causes by the time they get around to executing him in california there are people who are still on death row there sitting for over 20 years. The Nightstalker comes to mind.

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 15th, 2004, 05:58:09 PM
eh, I'm all for just locking these clowns up in a cell for the rest of their life and not ever letting them out. I don't like executions, never have and the reason we don't send them straight to the chair is the fact that there may always be someone who really is innocent and I don't care if we whack fifty serial killers and just one innocent, this isn't war its the justice system and we should only punish those who are guilty