PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 12th, 2004, 02:41:13 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

For anyone who is interested, there's a new trailer up on the site. No subs yet, but someone was kind enough to translate it...
(unless you've played the video game, it's quite possible that none of this will make any sense)

Tifa: I'm coming. I'm coming

Marlene: Cloud... where is he?

WCM: We were investigating Sephiroth's latest influence on the Planet.
WCM: But we found nothing.

Marlene: It's the same as Denzel's...is Cloud infected too?
Marlene: He has decided to fight alone....
Tifa: Fight? No, actually, I don't think he will fight at all.

WCM: However, Kadaj's gang, those who attacked you, appeared.
Cloud: Kadaj?
WCM: You're the only one that can face them, former SOLDIER Cloud.

(bike chase scene)
Guy 1: Where is Mother?

Guy 2: Where did you hide her, Brother?

Kadaj: We need Mother's power. We need it for the Reunion, no matter what.

Marlene: Cloud!!
Tifa: Run away!!

Vincent: Geostigma is the reaction of human bodies trying to expel some kind of toxin. There is a thing like Lifestream that flows in our bodies, and it's fighting against the substance that has infected us.

Kadaj: The Planet is trying to stop us. It's trying to prevent us from healing and growing strong!
Kadaj: That's why your bodies ache and your hearts break!
Kadaj: But I can heal you. So let's go to Mother, and fight alongside her to destroy this wicked planet!

Cloud: I don't think I can help anyone...
Cloud: Anyone at all...

Zack: Cloud, when we reach Midgar, what are you going to do? You and I are friends, right?

Tifa: Were we defeated...by our memories?

Kadaj: I knew you would come!
Cloud: I came to save the children!
Kadaj: This person here is actually our Brother, you know?
Kadaj: It's a pity that it seems...
Kadaj: ...he has become a traitor.

Aerith: Question! Why have you come here, of all places, huh?

Vincent: The Calamity from the Skies, the Crisis of the Planet... Jenova.
Vincent: With the head of Jenova, they could even create another Sephiroth.

Barret: Is Marlene safe? Is Marlene alright?!

Yuffie: Hey, who's using my materia?

Reno: We're having fun here, aren't we? It's all freakin' fun and games! (Note: not sure if it's actually Reno who spoke. Could have been Rude, or Kadaj, who's also in the scene.)

Kadaj: Mother!!

Tifa: The strength we used in the final battle two years ago... Remember what it was like? Remember what it felt like?

Tifa: I believe Cloud has remembered those emotions... and what it meant to be strong.

Kadaj: AAAAHHHHHHHH!

Cloud: I... won't be... just a memory.

Jared Mriad
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:04:03 PM
There's also steady updates about the movie plus Dirge of Cerebus and FFVI: Before Crisis at http://www.adventchildren.net/

Shawn
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:34:50 PM
I'm not a very big FF7 fan, but I'm sort of interested in seeing this. If what I hear is true, though, the domestic release will be a PSP exclusive for several months before it's released on DVD.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2004, 11:24:10 AM
There have been numerous supposed release dates so far, all of which say that it should already be out in Japan and available in the US soon... but obviously that's not the case. I'm a huge FF7 fan, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it, eventually. At first I didn't think it was a good idea for them to do anything else with the story, but seeing this travel has convinced me otherwise.

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:48:23 PM
I'm about as interested in this as I am seeing The Shipping News again. I'm utterly turned off on the whole Japanese video game - movie phenomenon.

Jared Mriad
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:36:34 PM
Advent Children Release Date Pushed Back
1UP.com has an article talking about the release date of Advent Children. They mention that the latest trailer [assuming the one on the GanGan DVD as they do not say] includes the mention of a 2005 release date. As for when in 2005 that will be, we can only speculate.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136946

Vice
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:51:17 PM
I played all the games so Im actually very interested.

Tarsis
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:44:49 AM
Oh how I cant wait ^_^. I'm a hugh Final Fantasy fan, of all of them, not just 7. But if I had to pick an overall favorite, it would have to be 8. Good story and pretty good graphics for the PS1.

Wil Mienstrire
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:43:14 PM
Holy crap. Yeah, so the first Final Fantasy movie blew chunks all over the movies industry. So bad that it scared Squarenix away from even putting its next Final Fantasy movie in the theaters in America. I'm gonna have to say that's a mistake.

Last night, I saw Advent Children, in Japanese but with subtitles no doubt. You have to have played the game prior to be caught up on all the inside story events that occurs but the graphics are ground shaking. Put the story aside for those who don't care much for it even, and the mechanics to the movie are absolutely stunning. I would say its similar to anime fights when you watch but the fact that it is 3-d and you can't just make a bunch of slash marks across a black background...

The design of the environment and characters holds true to Final Fantasy's knack of originality. The music is mostly revamped from the game, and the creators were nice enough to not make any drastic changes to anyone or anything. I'm not going to ruin any of the story as it will be coming out in N. America in the end of December, but I'd definitely say its worth the watch. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:54:04 PM
The general consensus does seem to be that while the visuals are incredible, there really isn’t much more to the ‘film’ than eye-candy. Still, I got a real kick out of watching it because I’m a huge fan of the original videogame. I doubt non-fans would be able to sit through the whole thing without getting more than a little bored though, simply because the thin plot doesn’t make much sense without the background knowledge the game provides.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:43:24 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this game/movie, whatever. I loved FF7. It was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played. I would like to see how this turns out, but the artwork makes my stomach turn a little.

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:37:20 AM
graphics + action = win. even if it was a little thin on plot

Y'roth Helghast
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:15:05 AM
Artwork? The design is exceptional and stays true to the Final Fantasy style, I'd say. They don't deviate from anything as far as the original characters are concerned, I was rather glad and in constant awe of it.