PDA

View Full Version : Constantine.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:37:16 PM
I didn't really get a chance to see a better trailer till last night, when I saw Blade: Trinity.

I think it'll be a good movie. The movie's punchline was catchy. I think Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz will pull it off. Albeit, it handles with the occult, but I rather favor that Genre.

Thoughts?

Sejah Haversh
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:01:56 AM
Wow, what utter tripe this looks to be. Trash, trash, and Keanu Reeves trying to act as cool as he thought he was in the Matrix.

In other words, for the love of Pete, why did this movie get made? It is an assault on the senses, and my intelligence.

ReaperFett
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:26:06 AM
Hellblazer is a great comic. Shame they seem to have Catwoman-ed it.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 11th, 2004, 12:57:50 AM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Wow, what utter tripe this looks to be. Trash, trash, and Keanu Reeves trying to act as cool as he thought he was in the Matrix.

In other words, for the love of Pete, why did this movie get made? It is an assault on the senses, and my intelligence.

Yes, because anything with Keanu Reeves is automatically crap.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 11th, 2004, 01:00:52 AM
I think it looks like it has promise, but, to be honest, anything that has to do with the occult really creeps me out.

Gav Mortis
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:10:16 AM
I really like the look of it to be honest. I'll probably be going to see it when it comes out.

Peter McCoy
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:55:55 PM
Me too. Something very Painkiller-esque about it - and thats coolness in my book. I love occulty-armageddony-fireandbrimstony-hellishy-devillishy-demony stuff.

Somara Ave
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:20:51 PM
Anything that involves the paranormal or supernatural I am going to see. I don't give a flying fig newton who is in it. :) But thats just me, the freaky one ;)

Although, I am more excited about White Noise than Constantine to be honest.

ReaperFett
Dec 12th, 2004, 10:41:57 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Yes, because anything with Keanu Reeves is automatically crap.
99% of the time, yes :)

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:10:06 AM
The teaser I first saw of this looked boring and bland, so the jury is still out on this one.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:36:13 PM
I just saw the trailer for this, before Blade: Trinity, and at first I thought it looked as though it would suck... but I'm strangely looking forward to seeing it now. It looks kind of unusual. I'm hoping that the curse of Keanu hasn't had too much impact.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:39:49 PM
Well, it has Rachael Weiss for starters. <3

Peter McCoy
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:40:26 AM
Ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki!!!

ReaperFett
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:29:56 AM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
Well, it has Rachael Weiss for starters. <3
So does the Internet :)

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:25:21 PM
I still say Keanu bashings is just a "cool" thing to do. Yeah the guys done some crap but he's also done some real good stuff too.

I have yet to see any of the trailers for this, so I guess I need to look it up.

JMK
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:01:02 PM
Originally posted by Aegis Du' Caat
I still say Keanu bashings is just a "cool" thing to do. Yeah the guys done some crap but he's also done some real good stuff too.

I think he's had the benefit of being in good movies, but they have not been good because of him. But like you said, he's also been in some crappy stuff, and I think in many of those cases he helped to make them worse with his shoddy acting.

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 15th, 2004, 05:59:32 PM
Give me one example of a crappy move that he made that had the potential to be good with a better actor and then I'll jump on the "I hate Keanu" bandwagon.

Mitch
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:11:28 PM
The Matrix.

Rhea Kaylen
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:21:01 PM
Originally posted by Somara Ave
Although, I am more excited about White Noise than Constantine to be honest.

Holy crap, yes. Though, why I continue to go see ultra-scary Japanesque-horror flicks when I'm still occasionally looking over my shoulder to ensure Cat-boy isn't standing behind me...I have no idea.

Just masochistic, I guess. :D

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:05:39 PM
Ah yes, the Matrix, because everybody thought he did a crappy job in the origional and instead of waiting til the crappy sequels came out to bad mouth him.

So anyone with a real answer?

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:12:50 PM
Originally posted by Mitch
The Matrix.

You either misread his question or you are claiming The Matrix was a crappy film. So in one way or another, you're wrong.

Yeah, yeah, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but please, The Matrix wouldn't have been a better or more successful film even if you had dancing pandas in it.

ReaperFett
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:28:47 PM
I still say Keanu bashings is just a "cool" thing to do.
Yeah, if thinking an actor is a bad actor is being cool :rolleyes

Ah yes, the Matrix, because everybody thought he did a crappy job in the origional and instead of waiting til the crappy sequels came out to bad mouth him.

So anyone with a real answer?
Do you struggle with other people's opinions?

Go back, and people WERE saying it about Reeves.

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:38:31 PM
Prove it Fett and I'll eat my words.

I think Keanu Reeves is a good actor, why do you struggle with my opinion on that? Does one only struggle with others opinions if they don't follow the party line? I thought I was voicing my opinion that he was wrong? Or is that not allowed?

Mitch
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:39:42 PM
Okay, yes, I didn't think that The Matrix was very good back when it came out. It was Terminator meets Tron: the question nobody asked.

And, yes dancing pandas probably would ahve made it better.

Another crappy movie that would have been better without Reeves is Johnny Mnemonic.

Gav Mortis
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:42:58 AM
I haven't seen Johnny Mnemonic, not that I have any interest in such, anyone who says Keanu Reeves is a good actor needs to go and watch some real acting; what the masters at work, be blown away by the titan performances and then, come back and say Keanu Reeves is a good actor.

Aegis Du' Caat
Dec 16th, 2004, 07:36:46 AM
I don't know, I mean I really liked in in Walk in the Clouds, I thought he was good in the Matrix. I thought he did a fair job in "The Watcher" which was a stupid movie to begin with.

I think he's good, I'm not saying he's ever going to be deserving of an Oscar or even a Golden Globe, but I don't think that a movie has immediately lost something because he has been cast in it.

I thought he was fine in Johnny Mnemonic. Again maybe not an Oscar performance lol, but he played the part as it was written and I can't personally think of anyone who I would have prefered to see.

Phantom
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:16:43 PM
Constantine was, for lack of a better word, awesome. I just got back from the theater, I was blown away. I thought the acting was great, which came as a bit of a surprise as I am not Reeves biggest fan. I loved the story, though I'm kind of a sucker for religious movies, such as the exorcist and the like. I have to say I really enjoyed it.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:20:24 PM
So, anyways, I catched a matinee showing earlier in the day. I thought it was a good movie. I thought Keanu did a great job, actually. But then again, I'm prone to say that about alot of his stuff.

I think, that if your a devout christian, you'll hate this movie, simply because of what it says and shows. Primarily The Balance

That, and I thought Gabriel was extremely hot. :: shrug ::

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:21:22 PM
I saw it yesterday and thought it was good.

Gabriel was freaking weird looking...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:40:22 PM
After saying I wouldn't touch this movie with a ten foot pole, I went to see it, and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's actually quite good!

As far as what you say about devout Christians hating the movie, yeah, only if we thought it was trying to convert people to believing in it's theology. It's a movie = fiction. I enjoyed it a lot, although i covered my face a few times because I'm a baby and don't like to see gross things happen.

Although, we came out of the movie theatre arguing about it. Did Angie die in the bathtub? I say no. Did Gabriel kill Chaz? I say yes.

Shawn
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:59:13 PM

I have yet to see any of the trailers for this, so I guess I need to look it up. I actually liked The Devil's Advocate, and I had no problem with his acting in the Matrix movies. In fact, I was almost willing to agree with you that the Keanu-bashing was unsubstantiated. But the trailer for Constantine made me think he's really going to drag the movie down.
I think Keanu Reeves is a good actorBy no stretch of the imagination is he a "good" actor. He can be typecast into some roles where his wooden, flat personality fits, but he's still very bland and doesn't express emotion very well.

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:03:45 PM
Shawn - trust me on this - the trailer doesn't do this movie justice.

Callomas Savoc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:21:50 PM
Originally posted by Arya Ravenwing
Shawn - trust me on this - the trailer doesn't do this movie justice.

Good, because the trailer really really sucks.

I'll probably rent this whenever or something. Its not really inspiring much interest in me, and to be honest, it looks like somebody dropped the Matrix and the Devil's Advocate in a blender, for lack of a better movie idea.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:35:22 PM
I'm in agreeance with holly. There was no one else to kill Chaz. Mamon was still inside Angie (or..posessing. Whatever)...Gabriel also killed the other guy (not the priest)...

Yeah, the trailer really doesn't make it look as good as it was in the theater. I might be going to catch it tomorrow again at another showing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:40:14 PM
Beeman? I thought it was Beelzebub that killed Beeman in the bowling alley. Remember the coin?

JediBoricua
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:01:46 PM
Saw the movie yesterday. I was entertained, not nearly as good as The Devil's Advocate, yet it was well done, with great music and cinematography. I'll say it's an above average popcorn film.

I loved the way they presented Satan. Barefoot, linen shirt, white tropical suit, just awesome

Zasz Grimm
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:58:55 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Beeman? I thought it was Beelzebub that killed Beeman in the bowling alley. Remember the coin?

It screamed 'plant' though. I'm probably off. hehe.

James Prent
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:23:35 AM
And the insect demon that attacked Constantine in the street...

I believe that when Beelzebub died that it was Gabriel watching him, however.

Hart
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:30:48 PM
I sorta liked it. I wanted Constantine to act like more of a bastard though. He wasn't quite disguntled enough for me :)

Yog
Mar 12th, 2005, 05:21:40 AM
The concept of the whole thing turns my interest level to around zero, but I am probably going to endure watching it at some point anyway.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2005, 07:34:41 AM
I am so hyped (:uhoh) for seeing this next weekend

Tilda Swindon as Gabriel = win! @D

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:34:53 PM
Tilda Swindon plays the White Witch in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I didn't know who she was until I saw Constantine - I think she's got a perfect look for the job.