PDA

View Full Version : Blade Trinity [open]

Vice
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:22:57 PM
The first two Blades were excellent I hope that Blade Trinity
the third one is just as good as the others.I think Its cool that
Westly Snipes actually knows the fighting styles that
uses in the movies.I hope there is at least one more Blade movie after Blade Trinity.

Peter McCoy
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:39:19 AM
I doubt they'd milk it past a trilogy to be honest, despite how much I like Blade. I think we'll definitely see some closure to the character in this film, even if its his death. I expect Blade Trinity to be better than Blade 2, but not Blade.

Vice
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:02:54 PM
When I first saw Blade I thought there would never be another Blade that good but when I saw Blade two I changed my mind a bit.

Phantom
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:05:14 AM
Blade Trinity does look very good, though as Peter said I doubt it will be better then the first. The second movie was decent, but it was no where near the first IMO. I read somewhere that this will be the last Blade movie. Should be a good movie though, I'm looking forward to it.

Sarr Koon
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:36:45 AM
It has Jessica Biel, how could it not be the best Blade?

Phantom
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:57:57 AM
Thats a good point. lol.

Peter McCoy
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:59:31 AM
I think they've buggered up a little - by giving Jessica Biel the part of Whistler\s daughter. IMO, I think they should have written Ryan Reynolds as Whistler's son - I think they really look alike, or at least enough to be father and son.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:16:11 PM
Ryan Reynolds... *swoon*

Seyli Hsa
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:19:48 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Ryan Reynolds... *swoon*

Ryan Reynolds = schmexy Canuck.

Yog
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:29:00 PM
Since its LDs birthday... Ryan Reynolds :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:38:44 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Since its LDs birthday... Ryan Reynolds :p

*SQUEAL!!* :eek

:love

Thanks Yogs!!

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:43:40 PM
I can't take Ryan Reynolds seriously :\

Vice
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:08:39 PM
I bet you could seriously.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:56:35 PM
Jen-jen could take him in a wrestling match, no question.

I don't plan on watching this one.

LifeOnCampus
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:43:53 PM
I saw blade II before I saw one. I thought it was kewl, a little too much in some areas. ButI thought was was BY FAR better than 2. After seeing one, I almost dis-like 2. I pray that 3 doesn't let us down. But like others stated erlier. It should be better than 2, but not as good as one....

ReaperFett
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:25:27 PM
Originally posted by Peter McCoy
I doubt they'd milk it past a trilogy to be honest, despite how much I like Blade.
Yes and no. Biel and Reynolds are signed to do a Nightstalkers movie if Trinity does well.

Snipes wants to do Black Panther IIRC, hopefully he will stick to producing for that though.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:31:25 PM
I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was a rather good movie. Not quite as good as the original, but up there. Far better than the second.

However, Ryan Reynolds was superbly cast. God, his lines were absolutely hilarious. Was a good character.

Some things felt out of place. whistler being mushy, the 'USE IT!' line for blade to abigail.

It was well worth my 7 bux.

Phantom
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:14:59 AM
I saw it this afternoon. I gotta say, it was an awesome movie. Well worth the time and money.

Like Zasz said and what many had thought before, the movie was far better then the second one, but not quite as good as the first.

Reynolds was funny as hell. Not a mis-cast at all.

All in all I would say it was a good end to the trilogy.

ReaperFett
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:26:39 PM
Blade - Great.

Blade 2 - Good, let down by bad camerawork in the fights.

Blade Trinity - As good as the original. Reynolds was brilliant, he truly was. He'd be the perfect Deadpool :D

Snipes was on form as Blade, Biel was good enough, even HHH was decent enough.

Peter McCoy
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:36:23 PM
I went to see it today. I'm happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it - I'll definitely be adding the DVD to my collection when its out. My initial thoughts were correct, as Nick said above - it was better than 2 and, surprisingly, as good as the original. And yes, Reynolds was a joy to watch. I think everyone was on form and well-cast apart from Bloodsucker Numero Uno - I could have thought of a better choice. Having said that, the character did what was needed.

And one of my favourite lines in the movie - When King and Abigail have just rescued Blade and they are outside, the car comes screetching down the street and stops, then the guy gets out:

"Woooooh!......c'mon!":D

Opening credits were nicely done too, as was all the camera work and the overall style.

And thumbs up to Patrick Swayze and the new Orange promo :)

ReaperFett
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:39:51 PM
Nobody puts Swayze in the corner! :)

I thought Drake was cast okay but he had one awful line which is in the trailer. When he says "ready to die?" he says it in such a bad tone it wrecks the little exchange the pair have.

Peter McCoy
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:44:44 PM
Yeah, I agree. And did anybody else hear - during one of the fast and furious techno-industrial music tracks - "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"?

ReaperFett
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:46:41 PM
No, it stops at fragilistic and says something that ends in "goes ballistic". That sample has been in another movie, might be Blade.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 9th, 2004, 07:18:02 PM
I think Stephen Dorff played the bast 'bad' vampire in the blade-universe. Frost was just...mean.

And my favorite line I can't say. It would set the sensor off. But Reynolds says it.

Vice
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:07:56 PM
Frost was weak he was suppost to be so strong but Blade still eaisly wooped him.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:41:34 AM
Blae 3: A truly monotanous let-down of poorly delivered lines and jokes that fell flat, mixed with choppy action sequences and a plot that forgotten half the time. A sorry ending to two other decent movies.

I want half of my six bucks back.

JMK
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:00:31 AM
I saw Blade III last night. I liked it FAR better than II. After seeing II, I wanted my $7 back. Badly. I went into this movie just wanting to see some people get beat down, and that's what I got. And Reynolds was pretty funny. Though I thought the whole Dracula thing was weak at best.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:06:10 AM
So how is Dracula as the bad guy? JMK said he was weak just wondering if because Dracula has been done to death or what This is probably a rental to me, I hope its better than the second movie. Like JMK said I rented that thing and I didn't think it was that good.

JMK
Dec 10th, 2004, 10:01:48 AM
Actually more than Dracula's crappiness, is the SHAMELESS plugging of the iPOD. I can just picture the execs in a back room somewhere...'Here's a few million bucks to help produce the movie, but you need to re-write a couple scenes and incorporate the iPOD in there.
There were SEVERAL shots of Jessica Biel playing with her iPOD and strapping it on before an action sequence. There were close ups of the gadget, shots of how 'easy' it is to load songs to it...it was hilarious. Certainly this isn't the only movie to pull stunts like this, but this one was one of the more obvious.

ReaperFett
Dec 10th, 2004, 10:12:13 AM
Do NOT click this link unless you have watched the movie!
http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=556

JMK
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:08:51 AM
So could that be a Van Helsing meets Van Wilder franchise?

ReaperFett
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:27:40 AM
Originally posted by JMK
So could that be a Van Helsing meets Van Wilder franchise?

It would also be a great franchise. Hannibal King rules :D

JMK
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:19:01 PM
On it's own I agree, I think it would be a terrific franchise. I think they would need to distance themselves from the Blade series though.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 11th, 2004, 08:04:24 PM
I for one enjoyed both movies. But this last one Bit it for me. Drake actually runs from Blade we he first meets him. Frost put up more of a fight. They had potential to make it great but totally blew it in my eyes.

Drake was pretty pathetic as king of the vamps. He could have been played better, way better. Should have let me work that script. He should have handed Blade the beating of his life. Then the Ending seemed to be a rip off of the first one also. Another Chemical victory.

Thoroughly dissapointed.

Sarr Koon
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:23:00 PM
I liked it.

Peter McCoy
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:05:04 PM
They need a Vampire film! And by that I mean White Wolf's 'Vampire' (rpg storytelling games 'The Masqyerade' and 'The Dark Ages' and videogames 'Redemption' and 'Bloodlines'). I think seeing the different clans and characters from them would be awesome - a fight between a behemoth of a Brujah and a sultry, sly Sabbat Lasombra would kick butt! And lets not forget the cool disciplines like obfuscate (shadow manipulation) and the Malkavians unique 'dementation'.

I think Lawrence Fishburne would play a great badass Follower of Set, and Marilyn Manson would own all as a Tzimisce. Oh hell, I'll make the movie myself! Anybody care to fund it? :p

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 12th, 2004, 11:48:44 PM
Oh just so it doesn't seem like I'm hating. lol I liked the first two a lot. Just had high expectations. :\

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:08:36 AM
As long as it isn't as terrible as the second, I will enjoy this film. I can't emphasize how much the second Blade sucked. Pearl Harbor levels of suck even.

JMK
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:42:01 AM
Originally posted by Charley
As long as it isn't as terrible as the second, I will enjoy this film. I can't emphasize how much the second Blade sucked. Pearl Harbor levels of suck even.

Agreed. That's a pretty fair assessment of Blade 2 IMO.

Vice
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:24:30 PM
Im still waiting to see it.I was pretty siked about the movie until almost everyone said it sucked but who knows I might stiil like it.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:32:44 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Actually more than Dracula's crappiness, is the SHAMELESS plugging of the iPOD. I can just picture the execs in a back room somewhere...'Here's a few million bucks to help produce the movie, but you need to re-write a couple scenes and incorporate the iPOD in there.
There were SEVERAL shots of Jessica Biel playing with her iPOD and strapping it on before an action sequence. There were close ups of the gadget, shots of how 'easy' it is to load songs to it...it was hilarious. Certainly this isn't the only movie to pull stunts like this, but this one was one of the more obvious.

This had me laughing. I kept expecting her to stop in the middle of a fight, hold up a hand and explain that she wanted to skip tracks, if the vamp didn't mind waiting a second :rolleyes Also agreeing with the sucky casting of Dracula (and need for a White-Wolf stylee Vampire movie :D) I quite enjoyed it overall, though, and Reynolds brought some welcome comedy to the movie.

Xavier Russell
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:14:49 PM
Just saw it last night and I must say I was impressed. Much better than the second, but not as well done as the first, but it did give it a run for its money IMO. Reynolds was definitely a good choice for King. Very good move. I even plan on seeing it again sometime in the near future.