PDA

View Full Version : Ciao babies

Charley
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:42:18 PM
I'm off for christmas vacation at Disney World. See you kids in 9 or so days.

Yog
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:09:13 PM
Have fun! Make sure to try Universal Studio's Terminator 2: 3D The Ride and Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney MGM studios. Those are a blast and probably my favorites overall. Seaworld is also a recommended visit. In Magic Kingdom, I would check out Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents to name a few. Oh, and try to plan ahead how to avoid the queues because they can become horrendous. Get in at park opening, and make it first to the most popular attractions. The queues tend to calm down near park closure as well. Take notice of when the parades and fireworks start.

Vice
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:49:02 PM
Forget everything and just go to Universal Studios.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:07:36 AM
:p Considering this is at least your second trip to DW, have fun and don't drink too much. ;)

Anuis Ma'artra
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:27:00 AM
Go to Pleasure (or Paradise don't remember which its called) Island and sit and enjoy the Jazz and blues, drink a Bourbon neat and smoke a A. Fuente for me Chuckles. That was the best part of Florida for me lol

Vice
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:59:50 PM
I still say just go to Univeresal Studios.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:02:12 PM
Have fun!

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
:p Considering this is at least your second trip to DW, have fun and don't drink too much. ;)

I read that as 'second trip to Discworld' ^_^;

Slayn Cloak
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:05:59 PM
Yeah Islands of adventure is much more fun. ( universal) but I'm sure you'll have loads of fun. :P

Nevlonniel
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:05:53 PM
Have fun! :wave

Say hi to Shawn and Chris for me! :p

Morgan Evanar
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:13:29 PM
Not happening, unfortunately. I have classes/work and he's only here during the week.

Lady Vader
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:37:24 PM
Oh, well, fine. The I'll say hi to you for me.

Hi. :wave

Charley
Dec 12th, 2004, 10:19:35 PM
Back.

Went to MGM, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Islands of Adventure, and spent a day of doing nothing (and shopping @ Downtown Disney, which was easier on my feet than another day at Universal).

We have a few traditions that my friend and his family partake in down here. One, we go to Ohanas, which is an insano Polynesian super buffet, and we eat till near death. Another day, we do "Beer around the World" in Epcot, where we drink a beer from each of the 11 countries, and then eat dinner at Oktoberfest in Germany. When you order the große Schwartzbier, you'll get a liter mug of Dinker Ackel thrown your way, which will ensure that you get totally destroyed after everything previously. We ate at other great restaurants too, like Margaritaville, Rainforest Cafe, and others.

There was no need to get hosed at money pits like Pleasure Island, because we could buy booze at our hotel, since we were staying on Disney property (Mighty Ducks All Star hotel). We picked up a pint of whiskey each night and had a nightcap at the pool before bed.

Me & my friend also played foreigner a few days, faking accents and generally messing with everybody else. At the top of my form, I was flipping switches on Mission: Space like a madman, speaking in scouse and asking "Ben" to tell "Susan" I loved her very much, if I didn't make it out of the landing alive. Apparently my scouse was enough to convince a native at one point, who waxed philosophical to me about the "f'n United". I can't vouch for the veracity of my scouse, because I was beyond drunk at this point. I didn't use the sick bags in Mission Space either :)

I think I got hit with a shoe at one point

Razielle Alastor
Dec 13th, 2004, 11:03:10 AM
:lol you are to ebil..

Arya Ravenwing
Dec 13th, 2004, 11:31:00 AM
lol! That sounds like a blast. I can't believe you went on Mission: Space drunk and didn't sick up.

Charley
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:43:19 PM
I don't get disoriented on it in the first place. It's one big relaxing ride for me. The air gets squeezed out of my lungs, my face pushes flush against my skull, and all my blood pools in my feet, but I've never gotten queasy from the experience.

Arya Ravenwing
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:27:39 PM
I got a little queasy when I went on it. I can only imagine what it would be like if I were tipsy too! :eek :x

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:35:07 PM
Your scouse accent I will have to hear. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:44:17 PM
Don't expect much. Geordie and Cockney are easy faire for me. Scouse is an undiscovered country and I'm wingin it.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:57:36 PM
Well, you can always learn from listening to my dulcet tones.

Kelt Simoson
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:00:52 PM
Im yet to hear you scouse accent there Loki :-D

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:04:24 PM
Well, it does get better with a lot of downers, alcohol, punches to the face, or cotton balls in your mouth. Its kinda slurry and everything rambles into itself.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:04:26 PM
I'll send you a personally recorded singing Christmas card. :cool

Edit: All that, Charley, will make you a more authentic scouser. :)

Kelt Simoson
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:07:51 PM
That picture you took back in the day of you drinking Newcastle Brown (or whatever) aitn that sacrelidge in your part, Scouser? :p

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:16:50 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
Edit: All that, Charley, will make you a more authentic scouser. :)

Only if I finance my vices by stealing hubcaps and shivving old ladies, yes?

Arya Ravenwing
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:18:16 PM
isn't a shiv a homemade knife?

You mean "shagging old ladies," right? :p

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:20:59 PM
Originally posted by Arya Ravenwing
isn't a shiv a homemade knife?

You mean "shagging old ladies," right? :p

No, I mean shivving them, as in using that homemade knife to intimidate mum's precious baubles out of her wrinkled mitts.

If it isn't stolen in Liverpool, it's either dirt or bolted down.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:33:45 PM
ah ok ^_^;

Lady Vader
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:28:48 PM
Sounds like you had a very good time, Charley! :D

I wanna go back to DWorld. It really can be a lot of fun. :)

AmazonBabe
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:28:12 PM
I almost forgot to ask... did you drink beer from all the countries in Epcot in less than half an hour?

Apparently some guy did that and he was seriously wasted afterwards.

Darth Vader
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:41:43 PM
No, that isn't possible. It's tough to walk through the countries in half an hour, much less stand in line, buy a beer, and drink all eleven in such a time.

I'm calling shenanigans on that story. It just cannot be done. He'd have to finish a beer every 2 minutes and 45 seconds or so, and these things average out at 20 ounce brews. If you get the große Schwartzbier, that's a liter right there.

Nayala Palain
Dec 19th, 2004, 10:44:58 AM
*Cause I was not here*

Im glade you had fun....

And if I drank that much I would be dead, after the 3rd beer...

AmazonBabe
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:40:18 PM
Charley... I suppose it could be a fake story. However, you did go during one of the more busy times of the year, where as the guy may have gone when it was off-season. But you're right about trying to guzzle down those mugs... man, talk about your alcohol poisoning. :x

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 20th, 2004, 03:30:03 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Charley... I suppose it could be a fake story. However, you did go during one of the more busy times of the year, where as the guy may have gone when it was off-season. But you're right about trying to guzzle down those mugs... man, talk about your alcohol poisoning. :x

Actually, we went during a very light time of the season. We beat the Christmas rush by a week or two.

And yeah, you'd get seriously messed up if you had that many beers in that much time. I'm fairly accomplished at drinking beer, and spreading all this out over six hours was pretty tough at times.