PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the Maker of the Axe

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:10:29 AM
*You know, one never realizes how much they miss or need someone until it's too late. The familiarity, the guidance, the comradeship - all of it could change in the blink of an eye. In years past, Nathan had many of those friendships one could call them. And over those years, most of them had turned into rivalries or disintegrated into nothingness.

And it seems that one more that he wished not to lose was well on the way, while another one he wished not to have was growing stronger and stronger each day.

What was it now? A year, two years? More?

"I am your true Master once again and forever more. "

And to think all of this meddling started with a chance glance down to his forearm, bare with sleeved rolled up. A solitary tattoo lay there, vibrant in color. The red double blades of the two handed axe served a reminder, if ever his mind forgot, that Ogre was his Master and no one else.

"You don't need anymore guidance. You've proven yourself to be a Master in your own right; a power no one can contend with. "

Perhaps.

But the Sith Lord wished to know first hand from the one who knew him best. The only problem lay in the fact that Ogre was no where to be found. Even his presence was not obtainable through the Force. Nathan had not felt his death, nor his life, but only a void. Perhaps he wished not to be found.

Beep beep beep .

"Estimated time until landfall: three minutes."

The metallic processed voice of the droid pilot of the Lambda class shuttle brought Nate back from his semi deep-in-thought state. From his seat, he looked up to the cockpit of the ship.*

Good. Send a message down to anything that can receive it on Meras: 'Permission required to have an audience with one Dalethria Mal Pannis'.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:48:02 PM
And a reply came quickly after the transmission was sent.

Your ship has been monitored since entering Meras space. By order of the Mistress, I am required to ask that you turn back. It is out of respect that you've reached this far since you were her husband's student. Mistress Mal Pannis does not wish to discuss Ogre.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:50:28 AM
*Oh, well, that was that. Sort of disappointing, he guessed. Dale didn't sound too happy, though, about anything. Probably a sore topic. Well, that answered his pressing question: if she knew where he was.

Nope.

Or that's what he thought that meant.

Anyway.*

Keep the course steady, and reply with this: 'Then tell Mistress Mal Pannis her request will be granted. But I still wish to talk with her - it's been a long time and would greatly enjoy her company.'

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 7th, 2004, 08:36:34 PM
Hold.

The transmission was put on hold. Five minutes later, the male voice broke in again.

Mistress Mal Pannis has agreed to meet you. Follow the beacon carefully, otherwise your ship could sustain damage. Tarkin Estate out.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:27:41 PM
*The Mal Pannis's were always touchy like that. It was something he came to accept and accustomed to as Ogre's apprentice. It was a trait his master held always and one, he figured, that Dale had picked up from the Big Green.*

You heard him.

*He nodded to the droid pilot and returned to his seat.

Minutes passed and the shuttle finally made landfall where it was directed to, near the Tarkin Estate.*

Stay here and don't do anything.

*Nathan got up and exited out on the lowering ramp. He stepped off as the ramp touched the ground, the air locks venting as he did so. Not sure whether or not to wait for someone to show him to where Dale was waiting, he took a few steps forward, his guard on high alert.

The Mal Pannis's - always scheming with traps everywhere. Even for those closest to them.*

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 13th, 2004, 08:45:25 PM
Dalethria was leaning against the hull of the ship near one of the landing legs. She was so still that Nathanial had missed her presence, but the Mistress sighed to let him know he was not alone.

"Why are you here. Why didn't you just go away like I asked..." She stated fact and was really directing her comments to him.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 17th, 2004, 01:55:08 PM
*Stopping is forward progression, Nathan smirked. True, his heart had jumped when he heard the sigh and the words of the Mistress, but his nerves were on end as they were trying to expect the unexpected.

Hah, even then, he never could.

Turning around, the Sith made eye contact with Dale, and smirked.*

So nice to see you, too. I wanted to catch up, see how you were doing, chit chat, ya know. Whatever old acquaintances do when they see each other.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 19th, 2004, 04:08:08 PM
"Hmm," she narrowed her eyes. "Or since you flew out all this way, you didn't feel like turning back and coming here for nothing?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 19th, 2004, 04:27:23 PM
That's also a good reason, yea.

*He nodded in agreement.*

Tremendous waste of resources, if you ask me.

*His eyes casually glanced around from her's, to the hull of his ship, and past to the scenery of the planet.*

You weren't busy, I hope?

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 24th, 2004, 10:31:13 AM
"I'm usually busy these days. I guess it was fortunate you caught me home..." She pushed herself off the ship, finally deciding to move closer to her former comrade, looking at him with saddened eyes. Nathania was very close with Ogre and Dalethria remembered her husband speaking about their training session fondly. He and Hera were some of his best students. "How....have you been?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:29:14 PM
Possessed.

*He said, with a smirk. It was true, and he really didn't care who knew. What use was it to hide it?

Watching as she stepped closer to him, Nate glanced at her eyes. There was no fire in them, or rage, or happiness. No, they seemed to look past him, looking into the past, or the hopes of the future. She missed Ogre - a lot.

"Weakness.."

Hush, you!

Nathan didn't know if it was good or bad for Dale to hold that emotion inside for all this time. Perhaps good, for she could use that longing, that rage at Ogre's disappearance to further strengthen her already powerful Dark Side ways.*

I can't remember the last time I visited your estate, or if I ever have.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:50:25 AM
"I honestly don't remember either. A lot of the past has been ... blurred. Many things have changed and caused me to be rather..." She caught herself chuckling, "... secluded. No more though."

Dalethria squinted as she looked upon Nathanial, sensing a bit of confliction. "You really were possessed. I don't think a part of you likes me very much."

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:47:29 PM
I could say the same about you towards me. Though that part of me doesn't like a lot of people.

*Nathan grinned and held back a snicker before compsosing himself.*

Eh, seclusion is a part of life. If it were up to me, I'd have stayed on Cayss and just let my name vanish from the galaxy.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:26:20 PM
"But it wasn't up to you eh?" She asked, walking by Nathanial and heading towards her home. "I think I know how you were convinced not too stay there, but perhaps you could explain why?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 2nd, 2005, 09:04:05 PM
Well,

*Nathan began to say as Dalethria walked by him. Turning, he followed a few paces behind her.*

Part of me wants answers and solutions. Another part of me just wishes to take over the galaxy. Staying home doesn't realy help either of them.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:08:22 PM
She stopped in her tracks, doing an about face to look at Nathanial oddly for a moment before breaking out into laughter. Not knowing how her old comrade would take that, Dalethria slapped a hand against his shoulder, "I'm sorry, but that sounded so funny. No offense I hope. I needed a good laugh."

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:10:04 PM
*Nothing but a smirk crossed Snack's face as Dale slapped and held onto his shoulder and laughed. In all honesty, it wasn't the reaction he, or his head fly, was expecting, but it seemed the most logical.

How many nut cases ran around saying they were going to rule the galaxy?

Millions.

Some got close. Others succeeded.

Nathan knew, however, it was a failed endeavor, but as self proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith, it seemed only right to want the galaxy as his playground.*

I'm glad I could be of service, Mistress. No offense taken.

*He smirked a toothy grin and a nod to his Master's wife. He patted her hand upon his shoulder with his own, his rolled up sleeves on his right arm showing off the double bladed axe brand that Ogre had given him upon his ascension to Lord so many years ago.

Make her believe...

No. Not yet.*

You were to show me your Estate?

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 12th, 2005, 09:43:24 AM
She did not answer right away for her eyes became fixated on the tattoo that was revealed. A pain of loneliness crept forth once more but at least her features remained placid, though Nathanial could easily guess what had taken hold of her mind while her fingers ran down the length of the double bladed axe softly.

Upon reaching the end of the handle, Dalethria pulled her hand away sharply, balling it into a fist before waving a hand onward towards her mansion, "Of course. Are you in need of food or wine? I do not know how long your journey was to get here.."

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 12th, 2005, 04:49:47 PM
Yes, thank you.

*Oops. The tattoo. The change in Dalethria went from sad to sadder on the sight of it. He finger tips gingerly trailed over the colored flesh, and then withdrew quickly. Out of respect, Snack lowered the sleeves of his shirt. He bowed his head, showing that he was sorry for inadvertently breaking his deal to be upon this planet.

Setting all of that aside, Nathan finally looked upon her mansion. It was quite lavish, and very extraordinary from the outside. Much more showy than his own house on Cayss.*

Well, it certainly looks like you've been doing good for yourself since I've last seen you.

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:32:51 PM
"Well, after I broke out of my shell I created for myself I began to work on my home. It helped to sort my life out and start fresh in a sense." They walked up the stairs and she opened the door for her guest. "I suppose I did it mostly for my daughter too. With the bustle of activity here, it makes is easier to forget.

Cloak?" She held out her hand and closed the door behind them. The inside of the mansion was just as splended as the outside. A couple of servants were seen dusting the furniture in the foyer.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:35:40 PM
Thank you.

*Gingerly, as much as a Sith could, Nathanial sneaked his cloak from his form and gave it to the open hand of Dalethria. He smiled at her, and then turned to take in the foyer/lobby of her palace. It was more grandiose and splendid on the inside. Finding himself starting to wonder about how this castle from the outside hide all the room that was in the inside so well, he chuckled.*

The old Empire benefited your family well.

*Comfortable. This was was certainly comfortable to him. Not too hot, not too cold, not too stuffy. Even in his white, loose shirt and his black pants.*

I don't remember anyone telling me you had a child?

*Though, he couldn't remember anyone not telling him either. Snack had been out of touch with the Mal Pannis' family for way too long.*

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 26th, 2005, 07:21:43 PM
"Well, Grandfather was wise in many regards. He knew how to invest and ... hide his money well. This place was barely known to exist in the time of the Empire."

She hung up his cloak and led Nathanial down the corridor past the main dual sided staircase that led up to the second floor. The same oil painting of her family still decorated the wall after all these years. Her younger brother sat on on their mother's lap and Navaria stood towards her left. Her father and grandfather flanked either side of them, both wearing their dress uniforms as the Grand Moff had a gentle hand upon a young Navaria's shoulder. She looked to be no more then eight in the painting.

"My daughter is five now. You missed a lot." She mused with an amused grin.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:46:19 AM
Oh wow. I bet she has gotten big, and probably gained a few personality traits from her dear mother and father.

*He flashed Dale a smile as he looked over the family portrait. There stood one of the most deadly, feared, and one of the greastest Moff's in the history of the galaxy. And there stood a young Dalethria, the prelude to one of the most deadly and feared Sith in the galaxy. No doubt her daughter was a spittin' image of her.*

She must be a handfull, what with her child curiosity and being ...Force sensative as well? Running with the blood of two very powerful Force users.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:18:26 PM
She nodded, "Your assumption is correct on all accounts."

Aliandra was a handful. She was indeed curious about everything and wanted to understand the smallest of details if she could wrap her mind around it. Her daughter was almost a natural in some aspects of the Force, a by product of her birth more then likely. A great amount of stress was placed upon Dalethria's mind and body during her Master trial. During part of it, she could have sworn Aliandra was somehow there in the illusion Havok had created. It was why mother and daughter were so close to one another ...

"I suppose it can be said she's my youngest Apprentice." They entered the kitchen area. Two immense sliding glass windows were not hidden behind the curtains today. He could look out into the backyard which was a veritable forest out there of vegetation. It was similar to the ones found on Coruscant and had to be quite a chore to maintain.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:45:34 PM
Aww, that's cute. I bet she couldn't have asked for a better Master to train her. Just don't go easy on her.

*Nathan flashed his Master's wife a smile as they entered the kitchen. He moved passed her to stand in front of the glass windows, gazing out at the vast garden. The view was absolutely beautiful. Combined with the garden was the light blue afternoon sky with Mera's own sun shining brightly upon the land. A few white fluffy clouds were scattered here and there, creating a peaceful facade to cover the Darkness that called this planet home.*

Mistress Dalethria, have you ever found yourself questioning your way of life?

*Random question, yes. And bold. Perhaps too bold. But looking out the window, at the sight before his eyes, there was something about it which promt the question.*

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2005, 03:26:01 PM
Dalethria threw him an incredulous look over her shoulder, "Sometimes I think I'm too hard on her."

Nathanial grew quiet after that, enjoying the outdoor view. Something was weighing on his mind. She went to retrieve a pitcher from the refrigerator when he chose to share it.

It caused her pause. Not that she didn't know the answer to it, she wasn't sure how to answer it.

She set the pitcher on the table. "Yes. Actually. Two very long years I questioned it. Why?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:56:45 PM
Because for as long as I can remember, I have always questioned mine or have had mine questioned by others. And I wondered if I was the only one.

*He clasped his hands behind his back, throwing a look over his shoulder to where Dale stood.*

There's no easy way to mold a life, whether it be your own or someone else's, such as your daughters. If you go easy on either one, in the universe we live in, it might not be enough.

*Nathan returned to his wandering sport outside in the distance, eyes glossing over as he allowed himself to become one with the moment.*

What about those two long years?

*It really wasn't his place to ask such a question about a person such as Dale. But she had leapt at the first string, and the only way to continue was to throw out another one.

He shook his head and turned around.*

I'm sorry -

*Bowing his head in respect, Nate walked to the table.*

I shouldn't ask such personal questions.

Miranda Tarkin
May 4th, 2005, 05:12:31 PM
Her grip had tightened around the handle of the pitcher that Dalethria's knuckles had turned white. Nathanial had promised to not mention Ogre, though his questions always led that way with innocence. He knew he spoke without thinking, knowing that his questioning made her thoughts turn towards her missing husband.

Maybe she was being irrational about the entire thing. Dalethria had moved on and accepted her situation, had she not? It still angered her to no end about her foolishness. Maybe that was why mentioning the past caused her to be short tempered. She was ashamed of her behavior. Specifically to Aliandra who needed her the most.

"You're right. You shouldn't." She loosened her grip on the pitcher and merely smiled, showing no malice to his question. "Yet, you did."

She clasped her hands behind her back and quirked a brow, "What did you want to know? Two years is hard to condense. Much of it's a blur."

Nathanial K'cansce
May 7th, 2005, 05:59:05 PM
*Emotions poured from Dalethria's essence, filling the room and saturating Snack's mind for a second or two. She caught herself, it seemed, suppressing the thoughts of her husband - his master - back away where they could be hidden from public view. Her face betrayed no change of composure, though her grip on the pitcher was enough to give anything away.

"Oh, that's nice. You angered her. It seems we know how to push her buttons in the right way."

Away with ye.

The chair closest to Nathan slid out a foot with the aided help of an invisible hand. He sat down, the chair moving under him to accept his weight comfortably.*

Two years is a very long time. Maybe I already have a gist what weighs on your mind, maybe I don't. I guess what I am asking,

*He paused quickly to look at the contents within the pitcher, then returned his sights to her.*

Is what is the main thing over the past two years that has caused you to question yourself.

Miranda Tarkin
May 10th, 2005, 02:45:25 PM
She answered quicker the Nathanial probably would have guess. "This."

Her hand came from around her back and something was tossed towards his direction. It was a small object that glistened in the light, but it came at him so fast it was impossible to tell what exactly the object was.

Dalethria went to retrieve two glasses from the cabinet as Nathanial peeled his fingers away. Laying on his palm was her wedding ring.

"Why I don't like talking about him." She said while pouring the two of them each a glass of juice. "His leaving made me weak."