PDA

View Full Version : A New War

Telan Desaria
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:47:21 PM
Things have stagnated and we cannot wait for the Senate to finish lest the zeal we have built for rping lag dangerously and wane once more.

I have been conversing with my right hand man, Jarek T'chort, and this is what I sent to him a few moments ago.

An attack is needed immediately for the sake of the boards I agree. I propose this:

As you say, Devaron and Guji are open to attack but the problem therein lies the extension of the border. If you look at the map the way things are now, taking those two systems would give us an impressive hook into NR space but one that would be severed and allow the conquered systems to wither and die under blockade. perhaps this -

A drive from Hilari to Devaron across open space - -of course it will be filled with hundreds of npc systems that we will have to subjugate but a running battle in space like a swirling mass of panzers at Prokorovka. The Nr can parry our thrusts but we keep side stepping them and outflanking them like the Afrikakorps.

The battle would be running and intensive, and we would have to the assault and the follow up units, running supplies and such. It would a dash to the wire as it were.

So what I propose is a running battle with Destroyers trying their best but all being decided by the speed of cruisers and frigates - - -the true workhorses of the fleets.

We would be netting several dozen systems, all npc, but you would get to defend them and bloody our nose while we attack. In the end, you could withdraw the questioned sector group to Devaron where our battlewagons can duke it out.

Thoughts???

We're going to do it anyway, but some humans would be preferably to npc opponents.

Redic Scott
Dec 1st, 2004, 05:40:52 AM
Sounds like a plan. Do guys have a map to make just to give an idea of what the attacked area would look like?

I'm glad this is happening, its been really boring for a while. Just tell me when, and I'll start defending.

Telan Desaria
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:08:04 AM
http://panicked.org/webmap1/

from Hilari, a beeline to Devaron.

Redic Scott
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:52:42 PM
alrighty, thanx. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you do a hit and run thing against devonan already? just never fiinished it.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 1st, 2004, 04:26:41 PM
I'll approve it. I'm eager for something to get going. ^_^;

Telan Desaria
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:33:28 PM
Yes - we hit Devaron. For the purpose of this assault, we will say that the strike has been complete - - your defenses were tested but not penetrated. We will begin immediately.

Look for my thread in rping.

Telan Desaria
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:15:45 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37436

there we go.

Redic Scott
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:49:54 AM
so now we can respond to your hilary invation or is that part of your own story line that you have to finish up?

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:35:34 AM
what>>?????

Senator Lorain
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:19:17 PM
lol, does the NR now respond to your post as the planets defenses?

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:27:30 PM
not of that planet, no
it is an independent system owned by a private corporation but under NR jurisdiction. But, news of its fall would reach you and you would place the sector fleet on alert.

It is to be a faced paced offensive with you reacting to situations as qucikly as you can but often side stepped by the rapidity of the attack.

Senator Thareena
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:15:34 PM
I'm confused - is Laran still supposed to hit Guji? Sorry, I've been a little out of it as far as fleet RPing is concerned.

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:51:48 PM
For this rp, that has already happened. The rp needs to be completed, but for IC purposes it can be referred to in vague past tense.

Telan Desaria
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:46:11 PM
Hilari is an Imperial world - -it has been for near 4 OOC yrs, just so you know. It was about one IC yr ago the site of a vicious action in the brief Hilari Uprising sparked by Anatoly Travess, but it is an Imperial world through and through.

Redic Scott
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:19:55 AM
You didn't really list the name of the planet or system you were taking, so I didn't know what to call it. If you tell me its name, I'll edit my post.

Telan Desaria
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:54:14 PM
well weve taken Farliqon Prime, and now we're going onto Cathitat.

BTw -0 0this is a campaign, not a planet by planet battle like Bestine. Battles will be mentioned and engaged in in one or two posts, three at most. This will not be a long affair for each stretch of real estate - - but a campaign.

Redic Scott
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:16:44 PM
Lion, Reshmar, do any of you have a problem with me npcing the Admiral of the Sector Fleet in this region? Or would you reather me have a small group and just run a planet defense force or something.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:25:53 AM
It's yours, Redic. Reshmar is dealing with manager deaths, apparently (:lol), and I'd be glad to let somebody else take the reins of this RP.

That is, if you don't have a problem with it, Telan?

Telan Desaria
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:25:34 AM
Of course not - - but you will be participating, no??? I was doing this to be a you vs me sort of thing through npcs.

Redic Scott
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:43:53 PM
oh, I didn't know that was the plan. Lion if you want, I'll take a smaller part so you and telan can go your thing.

Telan Desaria
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:58:09 PM
Not at all - -you are more than welcomne to participate. Just stick to the formula.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:50:12 AM
I'd like to participate, but I don't know if I'll be able to have a very active role. With Christmas Break coming up, I'll be flying to America and won't really be able to have regular access to a computer until around the 20th, when I'm at Lake Tahoe...and even then, it'd be dial-up, so it'd be sporadic.

Besides, I'll probably be busy snowboarding and visiting friends (like Tie here, lol). I'll try to keep up as much as I can, but it might fall behind because of Chistmas. You might want Redic to take the reins, Telan. If not, I'll do my best to fill in.

Telan Desaria
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:05:48 AM
Well if you make it to your country's eastern seaboard - I demand dinner with my archnemsis - - you.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:45:22 PM
Heh, that'd be great, but I assume I'll be on the West Coast: California and Tahoe. Still, at least we'll be online in the same time zone for once. :lol