PDA

View Full Version : Aloha, Christmas Time again

Ace McCloud
Nov 29th, 2004, 11:43:02 AM
Ahoy. Haven't been around here in a while but I decided to stop by just to see what everyone wants for christmas(as well as some help looking for somet things ;) ). Always an interesting topic. Anyway, so I'm looking around for another sword set. I can't really seem to find a good one. I'm not quite sure where to look. So as I was combing through the vastness of the google search engine, I began to ponder of a board that might direct me to some good swords. Then it dawned on me that there's not better place than sw-fans =P. So I ask away: 1.) What do you want for christmas 2.) got any places that I can find a good sword set?

Rhea Kaylen
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:20:41 PM
*wanders in whistling The Twelve Days of Christmas*

Hmmm...well, I know a place that's really great, but you likely don't live in Tennessee, do you? Other than that...nothing I know of right now, but I'll do a little online searching, see if I can come up with anything. :)

Well, since I'm getting a scanner (next week!! I'm so psyched!), and I'll need a new sketchpad long before Christmas gets here...I need Rurouni Kenshin manga #7. And PoP2, and Jak 3.

But, what I really want? A VW Minibus. I don't even want a nice-looking one--a bucket of bolts is just fine, since I want to paint and grafitti it myself, and have my friends all decorate it. Just so long as it runs. *sigh* Oh, well.

*starts decking the Forum halls with evergreen, holly, and mistletoe*

Charley
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:31:47 PM
(1) What do I want for Christmas?

1. Palm Tungsten PDA
2. Digital Camera
3. Kel Tec P3At .380 auto stainless pocket semi-automatic pistol
4. Inside-the-waistband holster for aforementioned P3At
5. German Polizei fleece-lined long coat
6. Boots
7. Sunglasses (This is always a good gift idea for me)
8. Ruger Vaquero 8 3/8" barrel stainless single action .45 long colt revolver, with custom ebony & silver death's head grips, and a black leather gun belt with stitched bullet loops.
9. A monogrammed crystal liquor decanter
10. Rock River Arms AR-15 upper and lower kits + Eotech holographic targeting system
11. 75 round drum magazine for a Romanian WASR-10 AK-47
12. 7.62x39mm tracer ammunition
13. Yugoslavian SKS
14. Gunsmithing books
15. G96 CLP compound
16. Springfield Armory 1911 longslide .45 ACP stainless, with custom ebony and silver cobra grips.
17. EAA Saiga 12 autoloading shotgun
18. Navy Arms Le Mat .41 cal single action black powder cavalry revolver + 16 gauge buckshot undersling
19. Trijicon SIG-compatible night sights for my Springfield XD40
20. ...world peace :cool

(2) Depends on what you're looking for in terms of price and quality. I'd suggest looking at Smoky Mountain Knife company for starters.

Ace McCloud
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:12:06 PM
Originally posted by Rhea Kaylen
*wanders in whistling The Twelve Days of Christmas*

Hmmm...well, I know a place that's really great, but you likely don't live in Tennessee, do you?

Ahem. Nashville. =P

Ace McCloud
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:26:42 PM
You've directed me to Smoky Mountain before, charley. Quality is good but selection is very limited. I like Swordsonline because its easy but they don't have very good quality swords.

Quite a collection of guns, how many do you have now? I want the new gas powered 3 1/2 shell browning shotgun for turkey =)

Sanis Prent
Nov 29th, 2004, 07:06:30 PM
Currently? Four.

Springfield XD40
Romanian WASR-10 AK-47
Marlin Model 1894 30-30
Remington 1100 shotgun

The Kel Tec P3At and the Yugo SKS will follow suit in the next two months.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 29th, 2004, 07:52:23 PM
New tires
S-13 rear suspension bushings.
Edit: 300zx brake conversion
Nissan S-13 front clip with an SR20DET.
Fix the rear dent in my car
Fresh paint
Some lighter alloy wheels

A complete set of Polk speakers, sans center channel.
Mobile Athlon XP 2600+
512mb PC3200 DDR

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:02:31 AM
1) to get my yellow sash in Kung Fu ( damn slow teacher >_< )
2) annoying co-worker to leave
3) Zeke under ze tree :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:37:03 AM
I don't want much... :uhoh

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas – Hunter S Thompson
Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
American Gods – Neil Gaiman
Paradise Lost – John Milton
Wolves of the Calla - Stephen King
Song of Susannah - Stephen King
The Dark Tower - Stephen King
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
Radiohead - OK Computer

And a 20GB iPod ^_^; ... and a drum kit too, really, but I have asked for that for years now. Don't think it's ever happening :mneh

Charley
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:03:48 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas – Hunter S Thompson
Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
Paradise Lost – John Milton
Wolves of the Calla - Stephen King
Song of Susannah - Stephen King
The Dark Tower - Stephen King

You have impeccable taste.

Salem Ave
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:06:01 AM
Thank you! :) That's only a small fraction of the books I'd like, really, but I'd say those are the few that I really want - especially the final three from the Dark Tower series :D

Mandy with an I
Nov 30th, 2004, 09:10:05 AM
I want a new alarm clock...really really badly.

And money so I can actually go on a vacation this spring/summer (to visit Fans people, of course. ^_^; )

Rhea Kaylen
Nov 30th, 2004, 10:20:48 AM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
Ahem. Nashville. =P

*blush* Sorry, didn't know. Still, it's in Knoxville, across the state from you, and I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 30th, 2004, 01:31:35 PM
Oh! All 5 books in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy!

Big Fish on DVD

A Switchfoot CD (Can't remember the name)

Those are the top 3 I can remember off the top of my head. I asked for more, but don't remember what they were.

Mandy with an I
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:03:54 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Oh! All 5 books in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy!

How can a Trilogy have five books? o_O

Add "replies to my christmas cards" to my list :lol

And time to complete the mountains of assignments I have due >_<

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:42:04 PM
I can't really think of anything I particularly want, honestly - well, aside from a queensized bed and a desk I saw in Best Buy last weekend. But I see those as things I should be buying for myself anyways, not really as Christmas gifts :\

I am a very boring person, just FYI.

Ace McCloud
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:44:00 AM
I don't think your boring. Maybe you just have too much! Give it all away to homeless people for christmas!

Cardinal Aiyalin
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:11:30 AM
s'Il, I'm the same way. The only thing I could conceivably want is a sewing machine, and those aren't good Christmas presents..

My family has since called me a scrooge and told me that I'm getting crap anyway.

Charley
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:12:23 AM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
I don't think your boring. Maybe you just have too much! Give it all away to homeless people for christmas!

Actually, she's got next to nothing. She needs more stuff!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:25:50 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Aiyalin
s'Il, I'm the same way. The only thing I could conceivably want is a sewing machine, and those aren't good Christmas presents..

My family has since called me a scrooge and told me that I'm getting crap anyway.

Yay! Someone like me! I'll send you a card for Christmas so you'll get something :)

Originally posted by Charley
Actually, she's got next to nothing. She needs more stuff!

As long as it's something my cats can't destroy; like they have everything else I own. Actually, I know something you could get me - my sunglasses that I forgot at your house ^_^;

And Charley is right - I don't have hardly anything. Nothing but sketchbooks, anatomy books, my computer & scanner, some swords, and my snowboard.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:44:44 AM
Someone to spend it with. (Of the female persuasion)

WoW
Stick of 512, or 256 DDR
Optical Mouse
A good Razor.
NFSU2
Halo 2
Fable

Peter McCoy
Dec 8th, 2004, 12:04:36 PM
I'd like John Lithgow for Christmas dinner. But failing that, the entire boxed set of 3rd Rock From The Sun - 18 DVD's of fun, fun, fun!

Anything else is a bonus. There's not much I really 'want', though I could name loads of stuff I wouldn't mind getting.

Telan Desaria
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:15:24 PM
Failing the return of my lost love to my waiting arms:

The Impossible But Hoped For

Return of my Title
Increase in Pay

Plausible
Strobe Package for my Headlights to Accompany my Vector Lightbar
A Model of the Russian Battleship Petropavlovsk
The Book Von Clausewitz - On War *My copy was ruined in the last storm*
A subscription to MHQ
Find someone to spend my holiday with.....